Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System (9647 Views)

Mark Seeks Divine Intervention To End Boko Haram, Political Crisis / Aliyu Kicks Against Banning Of Almajiri System / D.Mark Seeks Declaration Of State Of Emergency In Flooded Areas In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by tallceejay(m): 10:05am On May 23, 2013
Ola Johnson:
David Mark is a Northerner or, better still, a Middle Belter. He is of the Idoma extraction. The problem with most people is their belief that the North is made up of Hausa/Fulani only. In the Middle Belt alone there are upto fifty ethnic groups. Today's Benue, Plateau, Nasarrawa, Kogi, Kwara and Niger states have always been part of the North, right from 1946 when the Richard Constitution introduced regionalism.

Your house is burnt and u r asking if the mattrass burnt along with it ?? R we gonna keep arguing geography and direction of rivers and lands from 2centuries ago ? The Northerners say being ruled by a non-muslim (infidel) is against their religion and must be rejected even by blood, this is d will of their god and we r arguing abt river channels

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by rodeo0070(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2013
These homeless kids and rejects are brainwashed at tender age to believe in anything. Most of the time, those kids are encouraged to take part in some of the violence in the North. I'm in support of it 100%. The Almajiris' system of education is not what they claim it is...
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 10:13am On May 23, 2013
dgitrader: Hmmm, mark is steering a troubled water. The almajiri population is a weapon of mass intimidation in the hands of the born to rule's. To banned it, means mass education in the north! And that's a no-go-area. grin grin grin

You using "Banned" (in the typical illiterate Nigerian fashion) instead of "Ban" shows that you might also be in need of that education which you proposed.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 10:19am On May 23, 2013
almajiri101: David mark must be crazy for the rubbish he spewed up here.

If you like wipe off the whole northerners, it would never restore peace to this broken country until u tell that scumbag to vacate the office.
oh one almajiri is here online. what are u doing here? small brain
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by ultraGM: 10:19am On May 23, 2013
This is a good motive, but there must be something prepared in place to fixed those unemployed children of youth, I mean a technical school where they will learn art/Craft get Artisan Certification. And moreso there should be intelligent control of funds on the project, not as before where Naira will be spent without any reasonable investment.

Those Almajiri should not be sent away empty handed, there parents' are poor and illiterate, there mothers; most of them don't know anything on trade as the Southern Nigerian women do. At this Junction not only the Children need help the northern women too need enlightenment on how to work hard and be self reliant, if this is not done, we will still have another generation of Almajiri coming in future.

Criticism
Mark made mistake here
He said people now do bizarre things in the name of unemployment..
only grown up man can be said to be unemployed, but these Almajiri are children of under 15yrs, those who are older than that engage in one work or the other (I said these cause am at North)
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 10:22am On May 23, 2013
Can someone please explain to me what the almajiri system is all about?
I've been hearing that term but I can't say in details what it involves or how it's being run
Thank you
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 10:23am On May 23, 2013
kunlekunle:

it was in the 1900s that most of the middle belt was seeded to the north.
that paved way for the amalgamaation.
No. Even before the 1900s Nigeria was divided into three parts: Northern Protectorate, Southern Protectorate and the Colony of Lagos. Today's North Central i.e Middle Belt has always been in the North though the ethnic groups there are not Hausa/Fulani. There are Yoruba there in Kogi and Kwara states. Before the McPherson Constitution, Obafemi Awolowo tried promoting irredentism whereby there would be an adjustment to the boundary to make room for these Yoruba to be part of other Yoruba in the West.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 10:24am On May 23, 2013
If they ban Almajiri system how will Buhari and co mobilize the see of heads that attend their political rallies? How will mischief makers in the north mobilize youths to unleash mayhem on innocent citizens in the north? Has ANYONE EVER heard Buhari speak against the Almajiri system? Has ANYONE EVER heard Buhari speak on how to take the millions of Almajiris away from the streets?

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by saganuwa: 10:25am On May 23, 2013
Senator alkali jabiri from yobe is an almajiri. Atleast they can be senators right?
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by saganuwa: 10:27am On May 23, 2013
lorretta u: Can someone please explain to me what the almajiri system is all about?
I've been hearing that term but I can't say in details what it involves or how it's being run
Thank you
seriously?
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by takeprofit: 10:28am On May 23, 2013

If you like wipe off the whole northerners, it would never restore peace to this broken country until u tell that scumbag to vacate the office.

So, thats why u started killing innocent people?

ewet:
Its not sufficcient to just ban the almajiri system. All the Senate president has succeeded in doin is merely making political statements. Let him follow words with action by leading the campaign and seein tht this problem is solved during his tenure. This is a socio-cultural phenomenum of this people. the social structure of the northerners is built on this caste system.

The question is how do you tackle this decadence that has lived with the people for centuries. There belief systems is skewed in favour of this system tht is threatening us now.

How will the govt re-socialize this teeming army of jobless,unskilled and helpless children.

Rochas Okorocha has got the solution. others need to join him
https://www.nairaland.com/1298299/okorocha-launches-youth-empowerment-programme
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 10:33am On May 23, 2013
Dnt even knw wht 2 comment
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by favouredseed(f): 10:45am On May 23, 2013
Carry go David Mark
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by sanandreas(m): 10:54am On May 23, 2013
Bokoharam suspect. Track him down
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by gerald09(m): 10:55am On May 23, 2013
Really! This creature is actually trying to justify their failures. That system didn't cause unemployment u thieves did. That system didn't cause corruption u thieves did, the system was designed to help teach children about the peace and love of islam d same way with our sunday schools in church. If dis fool believe unemployment is d cause of terrorism as he claims, what have they done to improve that, our old statesmen are all bunch of primitive looters n they lack the basic common sense. I know these corruption didn't start with David Mark but he has shown so signs of tryin to end it. The PIB that has bin in senate for years no gree finish, dis bill according what I read on NL will ensure that Nigerians get jobs from oil products which can help reduce unemployment by 40% or more. But while shell n dem big foreign org r bribing dem fat f*ucks the youths are lookin for an alternative means to survive n David Mark finks with these wickedness dey will find peace. (Peace is a 2 way street) If he wants all these terrorism, kidnap, senseless killing to stop they know what to do, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are not our parents who stuck dem head under d sand n eat d left overs, or ran to UK and US to clean floor, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ own dis generation n if u oldmen fink na by treat n money u go use intimidate the youth of dis tym den u guy are in for a big surprise.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by 76Naira(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2013
Typical Naija attitude!
Mark made a very positive statement and you guys are here claiming ownership of him, putting up maps & dividing Nigeria into North & South.
A black man committed a heinous crime in UK and you can't see a reason why he can be Nigeria.
Stay focused on the trivial while your main track is washed away!
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Reference(m): 10:59am On May 23, 2013

Vacate office for what. The incumbent President died, he took over by constitutional right, and got re-elected in the fairest election to date. Why should he make way.

Oh, the lanlords of Federal power want to renovate their property. Sorry.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by ikweremilitant: 11:00am On May 23, 2013
mikeansy: I love David Mark.

He is one person North of the Niger who you can trust to say it like it is.

This is one of the root causes of terrorism in the North

Annoyingly a lot of them are not Nigerians
point of order david mark is not frm d north but midlebelt.to d topic he's damm nd d only way out is to increase the amount of bride price in d north
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Reference(m): 11:07am On May 23, 2013
tallceejay:

Your house is burnt and u r asking if the mattrass burnt along with it ?? R we gonna keep arguing geography and direction of rivers and lands from 2centuries ago ? The Northerners say being ruled by a non-muslim (infidel) is against their religion and must be rejected even by blood, this is d will of their god and we r arguing abt river channels

You're getting near the core of the matter. You understand. Their opposition is fundamental and these things take time to fade.

Said it many times, power is like a drug. Hard to rid. Boko Haram is a typical junkie's reaction. I am not angry with them, I pity them. They need power rehab.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Ama28(f): 11:10am On May 23, 2013
Many years ago when educational experts were crying about Almajiri, the Northern leaders fought against it tightly considering it their way of life.
Today its causing them embarrassment when they see these kids parading in their numbers or waiting outside their gates on sunday morning for alms.

Nigerian educational system in order to curb this made primary education compulsory yet the Northen government will not enforce it.
I strongly agree with Sen David Mark on this, almajiri should be outlawed! These kids have potentials to contribute to our national development tomorrow and moreover they deserve happy childhood just like their mates in other parts of the country.
It should be outlawed!

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by danny301: 11:49am On May 23, 2013
gerald09: Really! This creature is actually trying to justify their failures. That system didn't cause unemployment u thieves did. That system didn't cause corruption u thieves did, the system was designed to help teach children about the peace and love of islam d same way with our sunday schools in church. If dis fool believe unemployment is d cause of terrorism as he claims, what have they done to improve that, our old statesmen are all bunch of primitive looters n they lack the basic common sense. I know these corruption didn't start with David Mark but he has shown so signs of tryin to end it. The PIB that has bin in senate for years no gree finish, dis bill according what I read on NL will ensure that Nigerians get jobs from oil products which can help reduce unemployment by 40% or more. But while shell n dem big foreign org r bribing dem fat f*ucks the youths are lookin for an alternative means to survive n David Mark finks with these wickedness dey will find peace. (Peace is a 2 way street) If he wants all these terrorism, kidnap, senseless killing to stop they know what to do, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are not our parents who stuck dem head under d sand n eat d left overs, or ran to UK and US to clean floor, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ own dis generation n if u oldmen fink na by treat n money u go use intimidate the youth of dis tym den u guy are in for a big surprise.

Its either you are not able to read and comprehend the writing above or you had already programmed your mind to go against Mark and his colleagues regardless of what the say or do because Mark didn't say Almajiri is responsible for corruption and unemployment rather he said politicians are using the system for their selfish aims and that the system is counter-productive hence it brings about underdevelopment to the country........

Again Mark said Nigerians should use unemployment and poverty as excuses for perpetrating evil because Nigeria is not the only country in the world that has problem of unemployment.....So if i may ask, whats your squabble with that?.... I don't know who told you that Almajiri is to Islam what Sunday School is to the Christian but that's definitely not true.

How many rich Northerners have their children among the Almajiris? All their children are in the best Schools abroad yet they create a system that enables them to brain-wash and use children of the poor to achieve their selfish aims..... I have the privilege to school outside Nigeria and i can tell you that Out of every 10 Nigerians studying oversea at-least 6 are sons and daughters of wealthy Muslims yet they are busy telling other children to go Arabic Schools in this 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by tallceejay(m): 11:54am On May 23, 2013
Reference:

You're getting near the core of the matter. You understand. Their opposition is fundamental and these things take time to fade.

Said it many times, power is like a drug. Hard to rid. Boko Haram is a typical junkie's reaction. I am not angry with them, I pity them. They need power rehab.

Well said...but what use is sharing a country with some group of individuals who are guided by beliefs not to be ruled by a non-muslim ? This is like anti-democracy
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Reference(m): 11:54am On May 23, 2013
lorretta u: Can someone please explain to me what the almajiri system is all about?
Thank you

Social security without education.

A recipe for disaster but like combustible materials can be handled safely. The problem lies when you bring a box of matches into the equation called feudalism which is the cornerstone of northern society, a conflagatory 'born to rule' attitude no thanks to their past leaders then we have the perfect elements for an inferno.

Of course you have the spark plug or percussion cap called the GEJ presidency.

So the almajiri system, dangerous as it may be is just one of several parts of a structurally imbalanced system. However its good that we have begun to address the issue.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by atwix(m): 12:05pm On May 23, 2013
Food for thought, Nigerians...

the almajiri system is a cultural problem, the root of the problem stems from the family, why should an irresponsible man impregnate his wife without having a plan to cater for his offspring. go to the north today, every major or minor street is filled with little kids, as low as age 3, once the child can walk, he or she starts fending for him or her self. is that not selfishness on the part of the parent, that just born plenty and can't raise or care about their offspring. that's also the reason, many of the children once they come of age and relocate, can't remember their fathers name, rather substitute the fathers name for the name of their town or village they came from, if they know it sef. So the problem of the almajiri is evil and should be banned from the roots not talking about unemployment, what type of work can u give a 3-14 year old child to do well, other than enforcing child slavery and the vices.

So our norther brothers need to seek out their identity, relate to understand their purpose, then if provided, their thieving governors can provide the enabling environment for them to actualize their purpose, the almajiri system would perish out and the boko haram problem or their sinister split groups would shrink.

let the government of Nigeria be ready to face another type of radical group in sooner years, if they can effectively flush out the boko haram elements now ; to stop the radical group now from holding fort, the almajiri system needs to be addressed seriously or else...the north wont hold any longer.

4 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by BrutusOj(m): 12:10pm On May 23, 2013
El Rufia n co wunt agree wit dis oo..where de started can't just go into extinction na
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by justmenoni: 12:19pm On May 23, 2013
Make them even make law on the number of children a family can produce,what do you have when a jobless man and woman produce 10 kids? how dem go take cater for them when there is no social security available,naija is really disorganized..one step forward and 10 steps backward. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by BrutusOj(m): 12:21pm On May 23, 2013
gerald09: Really! This creature is actually trying to justify their failures. That system didn't cause unemployment u thieves did. That system didn't cause corruption u thieves did, the system was designed to help teach children about the peace and love of islam d same way with our sunday schools in church. If dis fool believe unemployment is d cause of terrorism as he claims, what have they done to improve that, our old statesmen are all bunch of primitive looters n they lack the basic common sense. I know these corruption didn't start with David Mark but he has shown so signs of tryin to end it. The PIB that has bin in senate for years no gree finish, dis bill according what I read on NL will ensure that Nigerians get jobs from oil products which can help reduce unemployment by 40% or more. But while shell n dem big foreign org r bribing dem fat f*ucks the youths are lookin for an alternative means to survive n David Mark finks with these wickedness dey will find peace. (Peace is a 2 way street) If he wants all these terrorism, kidnap, senseless killing to stop they know what to do, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are not our parents who stuck dem head under d sand n eat d left overs, or ran to UK and US to clean floor, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ own dis generation n if u oldmen fink na by treat n money u go use intimidate the youth of dis tym den u guy are in for a big surprise.
This is why d North wu remain poor n backward for ever..Is there any similarity btwn Sunday school and Almijiri class?how many Children livs church on sunday to d streets n transport terminals n starts begging?Is it only in Nigeria islam is practised?Is there almajiris in Saudi,Islamabad,n co?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China Exim Bank Approves N408bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project / Buhari’s Effort To Improve Security Is Unmatched, APC Replies PDP Governors / Full Text Of President Buhari’s 2022 Budget Presentation Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.