Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. (9764 Views)

Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / ‘omisore’ll Be Inaugurated In Nov’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoAtlantic: 2:00am On May 23, 2013
2013-05-22 23:00:42 [size=13pt]The Lagos State Government says it has built a 10.4megawatts Alausa Independent Power Plant to replace the 14 MW diesel generators used within the state secretariat.

The state Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Mr. Taofiq Tijani, said the IPP would be inaugurated in August, this year.

He stated this on Tuesday at a press briefing by the ministry to commemorate the 6th anniversary of Governor Babatunde Fashola's administration in Lagos.

The commissioner said the power plant would run on natural gas and would also serve the state secretariat and its environment.

Tijani noted that the inauguration of the power plant would be the third in the series after the state government had previously opened the 12.15 MW Akute Power Plant and 10 MW Island Power Plant serving the state water corporation's needs and Lagos Island street light, courts and hospitals respectively.

According to him, the Lagos Island Power Project will be expanded for distribution network to include additional Lagos State Government facilities, which is due to be completed in May 2013.

He stressed that the plant would also replace 25MW of diesel generators being used in the area.

The commissioner said the state electricity board had completed some street lighting projects while the ongoing ones would be concluded in 2013.

"Such public lighting projects include 25 streets within Lagos Island, Carter Bridge, Old Akute Road, Iju, Rasaq Balogun/ Adebola Street, Surulere, Olumegbon, Suenu and Onitolo Streets, Gbaja Street, Surulere, Eko Bridge, Bashorun, Aliko and Akanni Streets,Bariga," he said.

Tijani said the ministry had also embarked on energy audit programme with the goal of creating a comprehensive database of energy/power consumption within the state.

The objectives of the audit programme, according to him, are to educate and create awareness regarding energy usage, consumption patterns and conservation opportunities; to document existing conditions for planning purposes while giving information on health and safety issues with regards to pollution and carbon emissions from self generation; and to capture data on the amount and condition of public lighting on Lagos State streets.

The Commissioner added that the ministry had so far audited the energy in use at Somolu Printing community, Matori Industrial estate, Ilupeju Industrial estate, Ikorodu Industrial estate, Lagos Island (Broad Street & Marina), Ikeja GRA, Oba Akran, Agidingbi, Omole I & II, Dolphin Estate, Iporin, Gbagada, Lekki, Magodo I & II.[/size]

http://punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/business/energy/lagos-to-inaugurate-10-4mw-power-plant-in-august/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by RickyRoss1(m): 4:05am On May 23, 2013
Very good news.
If Fashola contests for the presidency I would vote for him unless there is a more credible candidate from SS/SE.
Eventhough Tinubu is a thief but he did try for Lagos to some extent. And Fashola has done better than Tinubu. I hope whoever replaces Fashola should do better than him. This is the only way a state can develop.

In Imo where I come from, Ohakim was a looter but he did better than Udenwa. And now Rochas is doing better than all of them, this is what we need. Abia on the other hand went from frying pan to fire. Orji Uzor Kalu was a bad guy, but the present governor of Abia state makes me wonder if God has forgotten Abia bc they have no history of good leaders.

25 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Redoil: 4:44am On May 23, 2013
Why are they doing it for only themsevles why not for at least 1/1000 of people in lagos. Well i can see that he just the govenor of alahusa and not of lagos state.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoIle1: 4:47am On May 23, 2013
One thing I like about this idea and the new plants is the fact that they are totally sidestepping the National grid and distribution system upfront, they are not only targeted, they are laying their own underground power cable from scratch.

Next is Shomolu to get all the printers off diesel ...

Eko o ni baje o..

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:47am On May 23, 2013
Redoil: Why are they doing it for only themsevles why not for at least 1/1000 of people in lagos. Well i can see that he just the govenor of alahusa and not of lagos state.

... undecided
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoIle1: 4:54am On May 23, 2013
Redoil: Why are they doing it for only themsevles why not for at least 1/1000 of people in lagos. Well i can see that he just the govenor of alahusa and not of lagos state.

This is the 3rd one and the first two are far away from the governor. The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets and the Governor doesn't reside anywhere inside the hospitals or on any of the 21 streets.

The 2nd one is powering the water works for uninterrupted power supply..

This new one is for the entire area and not just the Secretariat and even sef, is the governor the only occupant of the Secretariat?

Ignorance kills..

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Nobody: 6:02am On May 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is the 3rd one and the first two are far away from the governor. The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets and the Governor doesn't reside anywhere inside the hospitals or on any of the 21 streets.

The 2nd one is powering the water works for uninterrupted power supply..

This new one is for the entire area and not just the Secretariat and even sef, is the governor the only occupant of the Secretariat?

Ignorance kills..
"The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets"- Eko ile

Here you go again with your silly lies. Can you show us anywhere in the report where it was mentioned that the 10MW power plant in Lagos Island is powering "21 streets"?

Cant you do your work without telling naked LIES?

POINT OF CORRECTION: The 10MW lagos Island power plant is powering only the following structures, as enumerated by your paymaster himself (Fashola):

"He (Fashola) enumerated the structures and areas to benefit from the Island Power Project to include the Lagos High Court, J.I.C Taylor Magistrate Courts, the Island Maternity Hospital, the Lagos House, Marina and street lights in at least 20 streets on the island"
http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/news2.php?k=1134

While it is commendable that the state govt is SAVING COST by building mini power plants to serve state owned structures, the fact is that people are not yet benefiting DIRECTLY from this exercise. Yes some hospitals and streets lights are powered by this power plant but peoples homes and offices are yet to benefit.

So the whole exercise for now, put in proper perspective, is a commendable COST SAVING measure. It will also help free some load from the national grid.

By the way, I hope the ACN e-warriors will also jubilate if the FG announces it built small power plants for Aso Rock or other state establishments.

Just to add that some other states have also done mini power plants. Ebonyi state is one perfect example but I think theirs also serve some residents

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Garrithe1st: 6:23am On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets"- Eko ile

Here you go again with your silly lies. Can you show us anywhere in the report where it was mentioned that the 10MW power plant in Lagos Island is powering "21 streets"?

POINT OF CORRECTION: The 10MW lagos Island power plant is powering only the following structures, as enumerated by your paymaster himself (Fashola):

"He (Fashola) enumerated the structures and areas to benefit from the Island Power Project to include the Lagos High Court, J.I.C Taylor Magistrate Courts, the Island Maternity Hospital, the Lagos House, Marina and street lights in at least 20 streets on the island"

Bwahahaha.....

Dude didn't change at all!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

“Cumulatively, the Island Power Project will be powering over 230 street light installations, 40 court rooms, eight operating theatres, a 153 chamber mortuary, 16 clinics/centres which include two HIV/AIDS clinics, two emergency centers that harbour three fully-equipped Lagos State emergency ambulances and a special babies unit.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/power-again-lagos-sets-the-pace-in-ipp/

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Garrithe1st: 6:36am On May 23, 2013
“This facility, built to highest global thermal operating plant standards will now provide 24 hours constant power supply to public facilities within the Lagos Island axis. The project, which includes an 18km dedicated underground distribution network, will supply power to the General Hospital (Lagos Island), the High Court, High Court Annex (TBS); JIC Taylor Court House, Igbosere; Maternity Hospital and the State House (Marina).

“The power plant will also provide electricity for the street lights on Broad Street, Tinubu Square, Bamgbose Street, Igbosere Road, Lawson Street, Moloney Street, Strachan Street, Okesuna Street, Hawley Street, Catholic Mission Street, Ganiyu Smith Street, Glover Street, Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Street, Brook Street, Joseph Street, Campos Street, Campbell Street, Ajele Street, Odunlami Street and Kakawa Street. In order to achieve this, the street lighting furniture on all of these 20 streets has been refurbished. The plant is powered by gas engines with diesel engines as backup.

Note the following:
1. High Court (Igbosere and Annex at TBS)

2. JIC Taylor Court House at Igbosere.

3. General Hospital (Lagos Island).

4. Maternity Hospital

5. State House (Marina).

If you still don't get it, then I must say you're duller than your Oga!!

cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoAtlantic: 6:46am On May 23, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Bwahahaha.....

Dude didn't change at all!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A leopard can 'never' change its spot. Dude don't expect anything different from the spiritual/traditional drop out doctor, hating is in his gene.

Off topic, Welcome back garri... Lol
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Goddex: 7:17am On May 23, 2013
There are countless of such mini Power Plants all around Nigeria especially here in Lagos (by private companies eg Flour Mills, Guinness etc), in Abuja (ASO Rock inclusive) and Niger Delta area (run by oil companies for their installations and host communities). Only a "Village Boy" Eko Ile will come here celebrating a 10 megawatt plant to power government house.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoAtlantic: 7:21am On May 23, 2013
^^
Here they are, took you time.
Mind telling us about that one built in your village by the village chief.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoAtlantic: 7:36am On May 23, 2013
Eko Ile: One thing I like about this idea and the new plants is the fact that they are totally sidestepping the National grid and distribution system upfront, they are not only targeted, they are laying their own underground power cable from scratch.

Next is Shomolu to get all the printers off diesel ...

Eko o ni baje o..

No time to dull mehn.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Nobody: 7:38am On May 23, 2013
I do not know why this OP is acting like this is an achievement. Rivers State and Akwa Ibom Stat have better IPP projects in place. Mini Power Stations are like Mega Diesel Generators powered by Gas instead of Diesel.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Garrithe1st: 7:50am On May 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I do not know why this OP is acting like this is an achievement. Rivers State and Akwa Ibom Stat have better IPP projects in place. Mini Power Stations are like Mega Diesel Generators powered by Gas instead of Diesel.

You've got to zip up bro.

This aint a "d!ck-waving" contest....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by anonimi: 7:53am On May 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I do not know why this OP is acting like this is an achievement. Rivers State and Akwa Ibom Stat have better IPP projects in place. Mini Power Stations are like Mega Diesel Generators powered by Gas instead of Diesel.

Our comrades in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria are doing what they know best - PROPAGANDA!!!
Not their fault sha as the other guys in PDP are too dull to even PUBLICISE their achievements.

Come to think of it any Nigerian that has a small generator can rightfully claim to have his own mini power plant.
LOL!

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 23, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Note the following:
1. High Court (Igbosere and Annex at TBS)

2. JIC Taylor Court House at Igbosere.

3. General Hospital (Lagos Island).

4. Maternity Hospital

5. State House (Marina).

If you still don't get it, then I must say you're duller than your Oga!!

cool cool
You failed to understand what sincere nigerian wrote.
The plants were meant for government parastatals and infrastructures.
Eko ile said they'll power 21 streets, nowhere in the article did I see such. What I saw was streetlights

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by tomakint: 8:46am On May 23, 2013
Propaganda at its stupidest form from our ACN e-thugs as usual! E ma paja lobo fun wa mo undecided

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Nobody: 9:03am On May 23, 2013
I sense that using of generators will soon be banned in Lagos state.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by naijasfunniest: 9:13am On May 23, 2013
SMH.....Nairaland IS something else.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by khazy: 9:13am On May 23, 2013
good for lagos state.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by yemmight(m): 9:13am On May 23, 2013
J12:
Eko ile said they'll power 21 streets, nowhere in the article did I see such. What I saw was streetlights

My office is on Ajasa. Among the streets that will benefit are Molonie, Boyle, Ajasa and some other Streets within the environ. Pipes have been laid. This is where I work and its real.

Forget about whoever you support if u see development, let's acknowledge ok.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Sibrah: 9:15am On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

While it is commendable that the state govt is SAVING COST by building mini power plants to serve state owned structures, the fact is that people are not yet benefiting DIRECTLY from this exercise. Yes some hospitals and streets lights are powered by this power plant but peoples homes and offices are yet to benefit.

So the whole exercise for now, put in proper perspective, is a commendable COST SAVING measure. It will also help free some load from the national grid.

By the way, I hope the ACN e-warriors will also jubilate if the FG announces it built small power plants for Aso Rock or other state establishments.

Just to add that some other states have also done mini power plants. Ebonyi state is one perfect example but I think theirs also serve some residents
"to include" ... Can still be interpreted to mean "but not restricted to the mentioned location" in this context.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Mogidi: 9:16am On May 23, 2013
This is shameful, celebrating 10mw, Fashola has lost it in his 2 term.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by ITbomb(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

I am always sad when the money for the masses is concentrated in few hands and areas, You build a power plant to replace the gens use for state use and you celebrate it as an achievement for the whole state. when the people benefiting would not even see the difference cos they already had been having constant light.
Same with building quarters for govt officials who already have houses then celebrating it as an achievement

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Sibrah: 9:23am On May 23, 2013
Mogidi: This is shameful, celebrating 10mw, Fashola has lost it in his 2 term.
Na wah oh!
Somebody post a news report on NL and the next thing from you is ''Fashola has lost it''
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoAtlantic: 9:30am On May 23, 2013
Sibrah: Na wah oh!
Somebody post a news report on NL and the next thing from you is ''Fashola has lost it''

That's why some Africans are not just black, they also black(charcoal-like) mentality.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Adex097: 9:37am On May 23, 2013
Thank God o...they included surulere
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by ocelot2006(m): 9:40am On May 23, 2013
Wow....other states build power plants with capacities over 150+MW (and expanding) for the whole state. Yet Lagos builds a lil 10MW station for a few state govt buildings and expect us to pat them on the back?...mehn, you A.C.N folks have truly lost it big time. Big time clowns.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by tejpot(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2013
Whether you like it not, this project is for the state's benefit. Haters jump inside lagoon
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by mapet: 9:44am On May 23, 2013
You guys are just plain ignorant or utterly useless.

The Lagos Island/Negris IPP plant powers 21 streets in terms of street lights and government infrastructures. The laws are yet to permit Lagos State to distribute to homes, not that it is impossible. We don't need the article to tell us what we that live in Lagos see everyday. The IPP power plant is just a stone throw away from my church. Have you seen any of the CBDs not with street lights
J12:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Last, Good Bye Apc From Igboland!! / Ikpeazu Declares Tuesday Public Holiday To Clean Up Abia / Buhari Celebrates WAEC At 70, Says He Was A Founding Member Of The Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.