Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate (9726 Views)

FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 / PDP Installs Digital Billboard To Broadcast Oshiomhole’s Attestation On Obaseki / Ignore Senate, Abuja-kaduna Highway Now Safe For Travellers – El-rufai Tells Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by TheRareGem1(f): 7:27pm On Feb 19
As part of measures to reduce check-in time for international travellers, the federal government has installed 30-seconds biometric clearance gates for the Nigeria Immigration Service NIS at all international airports across the country

According to the Minister of Interior, Dr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo who undertook a tour of the biometric equipment installed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, and the Command and Control Centre at the NIS Headquarters on Monday, the facilities would ensure effective and efficient management of international passengers in the country

He said the biometric gates can screen and clear a passenger within 30 seconds without any interface or contact with Immigration personnel.

Tunji-Ojo added that the facilities would be ready in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kano, Abuja and Enugu by March. According to him, Lagos would have 17 gates, Abuja 10, Port Harcourt and Kano 5 each and Enugu 4.

He said the Advanced Passenger Information System APIS as well as the Command and Control Centre facilities had been integrated not just for seamless entry and exit for passengers, but to add another layer to the national security architecture.

The Minister who was conducted around the facilities by the Comptroller of Immigration in Charge of the Abuja International Airport, Mohammed Adamu, said whatever is happening within the airports’ domains would be seen in real-time at the Command and Control Centre to enable security agencies to monitor persons of interest entering the country

Speaking after the inspection, the Minister said; “I am impressed by the level and pace of works I have seen here today. The facilities are about 70 percent ready. This means our border control management system is on track. It also means that the Nigeria Immigration Service is ready to contribute its quota to the National Security Architecture.

The efficiency of the services provided by the NIS determines whatever we see in our security outlook as a nation. All these are being done in line with global best practices and standards and in consonance with the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Tinubu to provide quality services to Nigerians.

“We have decided that the more the gates at the airports, the easier it would be for passengers to be cleared. And looking at the ones that have been tested, it takes about 30 seconds for a passenger to clear. So I look at the solutions and the hardware, and I think they are a top-notch.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/fg-reduces-check-in-time-for-intl-travellers-installs-30-seconds-clearance-gates/amp/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Parydelegate: 7:28pm On Feb 19
Nice one....BAT is working

Nigeria is Progressing.

30s still longer than some men se.x time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by kemzy107(f): 7:33pm On Feb 19
This will eradicate the long queues at the airport. Kudos

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by obamiyi(m): 7:34pm On Feb 19
Nigeria is getting it right gradually. The waiting is so annoying. Thank God for this initiative.

8 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Adelekan40(m): 7:34pm On Feb 19
This will ease the stress travellers go through at our airports. It's a welcome initiative.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by loffyloffy: 7:38pm On Feb 19
kemzy107:

If it works..I wont be surprised if the immigration guys at the airport delibrately sabotage this effort

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Paraman: 7:39pm On Feb 19
Good news

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by muhyeenisce(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19
Laudable
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by agabusta: 10:10pm On Feb 19
Good move. We need to cut down wasting of time

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by forgiveness: 10:56pm On Feb 19
Weldon honourable minister

8 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Hollyharjii: 5:55am On Feb 20
This is highly commendable

5 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Jestin: 5:56am On Feb 20
Hiss
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by EverythingPhone(m): 5:57am On Feb 20
It’s a good development

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or devices at a fee
A trial will convince you
Contact me via siggy below

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by braine(m): 5:57am On Feb 20
What happened to this guy's corruption case with the other minister? Abi dem don sweep am under carpet as per the usual?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Seyi8750: 5:57am On Feb 20
H
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by akwesenana: 5:59am On Feb 20
Mtcheew.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by epainos: 5:59am On Feb 20
This is good. Honestly, Nigeria needs to upgrade its international airport standard. I feel so sad whenever I travel in or out. This is good.

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Chillext(m): 6:00am On Feb 20
they can also reduce the ones at the polling unit, during the time of elections
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by gracealonev: 6:03am On Feb 20
Ok now.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by pol23: 6:05am On Feb 20
Will NDLEA counter be scrapped?
Will custom counter be scrapped?
Those guys can waste time.
Small time FRSC will have counter in the airport.
There’s one yeye agency by the Lagos state government wey dey tag food and dem dey charge N5k… they will give you one stupid receipt like it’s needed anywhere.
I remember my flight from Kano international last year, it was swift and no stress at all…
But you see those Lagos guys, from airline counter till you enter the yeye plane.. na either problem or Beggie Beggie.
I appreciate this guy is atleast trying, unlike others who're just there for the glamour and the hush money.

7 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Yankee101: 6:05am On Feb 20
Airport govt officials no go like this
Egunje go reduce

5 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by skj1377(m): 6:06am On Feb 20
No more dollars for immigration staffs grin. No more" oga anything for me". GOOD WORK
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:07am On Feb 20
I can see tinubu is really working hard for people to leave nigeria but we're is the dollar
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Laryy360: 6:09am On Feb 20
Nigeria is upgrading everyday by day, thanks to the minister for working hard to make Nigeria system one of the best

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by HeroicMeastro: 6:12am On Feb 20
TheRareGem1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/fg-reduces-check-in-time-for-intl-travellers-installs-30-seconds-clearance-gates/amp/

Do you think that those "day light unarmed robbers" that call themselves immigration officers and airport staff would allow such equipment to work for a long time?
It is only in Nigeria that you see staff and immigration officers asking for money like beggers!
We Nigerians have a serious problem as a people.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by NothingDoMe: 6:13am On Feb 20
HeroicMeastro:

Do you think that those "day light unarmed robbers" that call themselves immigration officers and airport staff would allow such equipment to work for a long time?
It is only in Nigeria that you see staff and immigration officers asking for money like beggers!
We Nigerians have a serious problem as a people.
You still have to go through customs after clearing immigration.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by fkj950ax(m): 6:16am On Feb 20
kemzy107:
Long queues can never be eradicated at airports anywhere in the world. It’s part of aviation. 200-400pax boarding a flight multiplied by x number of flights per hour is not an anomaly.
The busier the airport, the more the flights, the more the passengers who must be on queues to do whatever they need to do.
Even if the govt agencies speed up their process, what of the airlines checking in and baggage process that’s takes the longest time?
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by malali: 6:18am On Feb 20
This kind of news is what Nigeria needs.

Drown out the naysayers , release good news everyday.

Yes, things are bad today......but "renew the hope" everyday.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by worksmart(m): 6:21am On Feb 20
Is this an achievement for Tinubu? undecided

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Ogbonna24: 6:25am On Feb 20
OlubunmiTunji-Ojo's really working and he's after the betterment of Nigeria. Renewed Hope shall be a success

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by rill: 6:31am On Feb 20
See dem Praise singers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Nigerian Senator Sleeping Or Meditating On Duty? (photo) / I Have Not Dumped PDP For APC, Nwodo Says / TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.