Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,947 members, 7,956,567 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. (9842 Views)

Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / ‘omisore’ll Be Inaugurated In Nov’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Nobody: 9:51am On May 23, 2013
ITbomb:

I am always sad when the money for the masses is concentrated in few hands and areas, You build a power plant to replace the gens use for state use and you celebrate it as an achievement for the whole state. when the people benefiting would not even see the difference cos they already had been having constant light.
Same with building quarters for govt officials who already have houses then celebrating it as an achievement

Just like sum State Governors commission new government house, state party secretariat n civil service secretariat as DIVIDENDS OF DEMOCRACY!!! WELCOME TO NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by ocelot2006(m): 9:53am On May 23, 2013
mapet: You guys are just plain ignorant or utterly useless.

The Lagos Island/Negris IPP plant powers 21 streets in terms of street lights and government infrastructures. The laws are yet to permit Lagos State to distribute to homes, not that it is impossible. We don't need the article to tell us what we that live in Lagos see everyday. The IPP power plant is just a stone throw away from my church. Have you seen any of the CBDs not with street lights

You obviously have not been following the news. NERC already granted states authority to distribute EARLY LAST YEAR. For the love of God, even Rivers state already distributes. Get your facts straight, dude.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by ewet: 9:53am On May 23, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

... undecided
Guy Rome wasn't built in a day. its a gradual process and Lagos is too large to be catered for all at ones.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by RedLight1: 9:53am On May 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I do not know why this OP is acting like this is an achievement. Rivers State and Akwa Ibom Stat have better IPP projects in place. Mini Power Stations are like Mega Diesel Generators powered by Gas instead of Diesel.
you cant compare all the downsides of a generator to that of power plant
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Delafruita(m): 10:09am On May 23, 2013
ocelot2006: Wow....other states build power plants with capacities over 150+MW (and expanding) for the whole state. Yet Lagos builds a lil 10MW station for a few state govt buildings and expect us to pat them on the back?...mehn, you A.C.N folks have truly lost it big time. Big time clowns.

examples
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Delafruita(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2013
ocelot2006:

You obviously have not been following the news. NERC already granted states authority to distribute EARLY LAST YEAR. For the love of God, even Rivers state already distributes. Get your facts straight, dude.
rivers state distributes electricity?or adds it input to the national grid?
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Abel202: 10:13am On May 23, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Very good news.
If Fashola contests for the presidency I would vote for him unless there is a more credible candidate from SS/SE.
Eventhough Tinubu is a thief but he did try for Lagos to some extent. And Fashola has done better than Tinubu. I hope whoever replaces Fashola should do better than him. This is the only way a state can develop.

In Imo where I come from, Ohakim was a looter but he did better than Udenwa. And now Rochas is doing better than all of them, this is what we need. Abia on the other hand went from frying pan to fire. Orji Uzor Kalu was a bad guy, but the present governor of Abia state makes me wonder if God has forgotten Abia bc they have no history of good leaders.
[b]
My dear, I agree totally with you in this post here.
Although the ACN e-warriors celebrate everything ACN even if they build one Latrine in one house while the PDP e-warriors castigate the ACN even though they build the eight wonder of the world in Nigeria; truth be told - Fashola is a great guy. He (Fashola) and Akpabio are my best governors in Nigeria. They are great performers. While Akpabio has dramatically turned Akwa Ibom from a rural bypass state to a modern state of destination with modern infrastructures within a considerably short space of time; Fashola has governed Lagos state as a very sophisticated and goal-oriented governor. Lagos is a mini Nigeria and is far more populated than many countries in the world. So anyone that has governed Lagos this effectively can make a good president for Nigeria.If Fashola or Akpabio contests for president in Nigeria under any party, they have my vote. Rochas, Osheomole & Amaechi are great guys too, not for getting Peter Obi and Sullivan Chime (don't forget that the South East states hardly get any serious allocations). Abia state is just damned unfortunate to get the likes of Orji Uzor kalu to T.a.Orji in quick succession. Those two are evil men that don't deserve to be local gvt chairmen of any LGA. May God help Abia.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by RickyRoss1(m): 10:41am On May 23, 2013
ocelot2006:

Brother, I don't think your statement is true. Early last year Amaechi promised all Port Harcourt residents that b4 December 2012 there will be uninterrupted power supply all over Rivers state. This did not happen. Just few weeks ago he was on the news again claiming FG did not give states power to distribute light. I ASK, IF YOU KNOW THE FGN DID NOT GIVE YOU THE POWER TO DISTRIBUTE WHY THEN DID YOU GO ON TV MAKING FAKE/EMPTY PROMISES?

Its on record Odili made similar fake promises with some stupid Omoku Gas Turbine and Trans Amadi Gas Turbine.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by okoolori(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2013
anonimi:

Our comrades in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria are doing what they know best - PROPAGANDA!!!
Not their fault sha as the other guys in PDP are too dull to even PUBLICISE their achievements.

Come to think of it any Nigerian that has a small generator can rightfully claim to have his own mini power plant.
LOL!

1 Trillion likes for you. Pls tell that sincere nigga that calls himself sincere9ja.. That he is hating just for nothing... Haters go just they hate noni. But iwaju lamama loo. Ignorant kills.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by ocelot2006(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2013
Delafruita:
examples

Akwa Ibom- Ibom Power plant
Rivers State
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by premlove(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is the 3rd one and the first two are far away from the governor. The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets and the Governor doesn't reside anywhere inside the hospitals or on any of the 21 streets.

The 2nd one is powering the water works for uninterrupted power supply..

This new one is for the entire area and not just the Secretariat and even sef, is the governor the only occupant of the Secretariat?

Ignorance kills..
this is not ignorance he ask to know

1 Like

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Benaig(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is the 3rd one and the first two are far away from the governor. The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets and the Governor doesn't reside anywhere inside the hospitals or on any of the 21 streets

The 2nd one is powering the water works for uninterrupted power supply..

This new one is for the entire area and not just the Secretariat and even sef, is the governor the only occupant of the Secretariat?

Ignorance kills..

THE LAGOS GOV STAYS IN LAGOS HOUSE ON THE MARINA, CLOSE TO THE POWER PLANT.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by premlove(m): 12:48pm On May 23, 2013
Goddex: There are countless of such mini Power Plants all around Nigeria especially here in Lagos (by private companies eg Flour Mills, Guinness etc), in Abuja (ASO Rock inclusive) and Niger Delta area (run by oil companies for their installations and host communities). Only a "Village Boy" Eko Ile will come here celebrating a 10 megawatt plant to power government house.
some ppl are just too difficult and retarded to c any tin good, i just pity u wit dis ur attitude
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by fuke(m): 1:05pm On May 23, 2013
Redoil: Why are they doing it for only themsevles why not for at least 1/1000 of people in lagos. Well i can see that he just the govenor of alahusa and not of lagos state.

Myopic.

When he did the same for Lagos Island district about 2 years ago.
Where were you.
Some of you for the sake of posting
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by kalunomics(m): 1:10pm On May 23, 2013
Delafruita:
examples
i once lived in ogba rivers state and the whole of obrikom and ndoni (ogba/egbema/ndoni LGA) enjoys constant power supply from power plants.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoIle1: 1:18pm On May 23, 2013
Benaig:

THE LAGOS GOV STAYS IN LAGOS HOUSE ON THE MARINA, CLOSE TO THE POWER PLANT.

And?
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by kalunomics(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

Brother, I don't think your statement is true. Early last year Amaechi promised all Port Harcourt residents that b4 December 2012 there will be uninterrupted power supply all over Rivers state. This did not happen. Just few weeks ago he was on the news again claiming FG did not give states power to distribute light. I ASK, IF YOU KNOW THE FGN DID NOT GIVE YOU THE POWER TO DISTRIBUTE WHY THEN DID YOU GO ON TV MAKING FAKE/EMPTY PROMISES?

Its on record Odili made similar fake promises with some stupid Omoku Gas Turbine and Trans Amadi Gas Turbine.
you live in Rivers state and cannot even tour round atleast the state. I blatantly tell you that you ill-informed. Odili did it for his Ndoni people. There's no power plant situated at the heart of omoku but almost all its environs uses power plant which consequently lumps a considerable amount of PHCN power for omoku city alone.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoIle1: 1:28pm On May 23, 2013
prem love: this is not ignorance he ask to know

Ask to know why they are doing it for themselves meaning he or she concluded already that this is specially for the governor/the government and that was ignorance.

Ignorance means lack of knowledge regarding the power projects in Lagos state and what they set them up to do specifically and I gave the poster the knowledge he lacked.

He should have thanked me for that valuable education..
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by enm(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2013
praise and admonition should be given when due and in this case praise must be given to the fashola led acn government in lagos state.

It is a wonderful initiative to reduce cost of running the government as this will cut down on the cost of electricity bill accrued by the state government but my prayer is that money saved should be channel into something productive that is of immense benefit to lagosians.

But the OP should know that this sort of mini power plant is very common here in lagos (that is where am living). It is the in thing now for company in lagos to have this in their premises as it save them money in the sense that running and powering a power plant with diesel non stop is more expensive than gas and don't forget the crazy bill from phcn.

In fact where I work at ikeja we are totally independent of phcn because we have our own mini power plant power by gas and you won't believe it if I say the man who commission it four years ago was no one other than fashola.

I agree that fashola should by praise here for a job well done in saving money or cutting down cost of powering this government building and facilities that consumed high electricy wattage (pls correct my spelling if am wrong) but please don't misinform some of us novice here that this project will power 20 street which mean plus all the government building and facilities it will also power all the house on this 20 street .

Please don't be offended am just trying to set thing right here by making sure proper and accurate information is given.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by bodmasfem(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets"- Eko ile

Here you go again with your silly lies. Can you show us anywhere in the report where it was mentioned that the 10MW power plant in Lagos Island is powering "21 streets"?

Cant you do your work without telling naked LIES?

POINT OF CORRECTION: The 10MW lagos Island power plant is powering only the following structures, as enumerated by your paymaster himself (Fashola):

"He (Fashola) enumerated the structures and areas to benefit from the Island Power Project to include the Lagos High Court, J.I.C Taylor Magistrate Courts, the Island Maternity Hospital, the Lagos House, Marina and street lights in at least 20 streets on the island"
http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/news2.php?k=1134

While it is commendable that the state govt is SAVING COST by building mini power plants to serve state owned structures, the fact is that people are not yet benefiting DIRECTLY from this exercise. Yes some hospitals and streets lights are powered by this power plant but peoples homes and offices are yet to benefit.

So the whole exercise for now, put in proper perspective, is a commendable COST SAVING measure. It will also help free some load from the national grid.

By the way, I hope the ACN e-warriors will also jubilate if the FG announces it built small power plants for Aso Rock or other state establishments.

Just to add that some other states have also done mini power plants. Ebonyi state is one perfect example but I think theirs also serve some residents
u are a big liar, Martins Elechi did not do anything like power plant because i reside in Eza road, in Abakaliki!!
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoIle1: 2:16pm On May 23, 2013
click2cbn: Just like sum State Governors commission new government house, state party secretariat n civil service secretariat as DIVIDENDS OF DEMOCRACY!!! WELCOME TO NIGERIA

Dividends of democracy is knowing that the hospitals are guaranteed 24/7 uninterupted power suply and never have to deliver babies in darkness or with light from their cell phones like they do in some places in Nigeria because of lack of electricity. Even the federal government or any other state can not guarantee any entity in Nigeria 24/7 power suply, but the Lagos state government can guaranteed uninterupted power suply to light up many streets, hospitals, government buildings, water works, business dictsricts and more.

Dividends of democracy means we can get a place like Shomolu which is the printing capital of Nigeria off generators, give them interupted power suply, improve productivity and create more jobs.

Dividends of democracy means we've found a way to give our industrial estates uninterrupted power suply to improve productivity and create more jobs for Nigerians, something your federal government remains unable to do for well over 50 years

Dividends of democracy means we've found a way to get around the worthless National grid and little by little, we'll light up our critical infrastructures, our industrial estates, commercial and business districts and eventually our homes with new underground cable distributioin system which they are laying as we speak.

Dividends of democracy means having a dedicated, imaginative and creative leaders willing to find ways and go against all odds to solve our problems and deliver good and credible services.

What is going on here has little to do with the amnount of power generated, it has more to do with what they are tergeted for and desinged to do.

Btw, Eko o ni baje o
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by PapaBrowne(m): 2:38pm On May 23, 2013
Are we really celebrating 10 MW power plant? This is getting seriously substandard.
Eko Hotel uses more than 10 MW of power.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by AjCityOne: 2:45pm On May 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I do not know why this OP is acting like this is an achievement. Rivers State and Akwa Ibom Stat have better IPP projects in place. Mini Power Stations are like Mega Diesel Generators powered by Gas instead of Diesel.

Why you come they waste space for Lagos. Make you pack go there now.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by dealslip(f): 3:31pm On May 23, 2013
Redoil: Why are they doing it for only themsevles why not for at least 1/1000 of people in lagos. Well i can see that he just the govenor of alahusa and not of lagos state.

it is imperative to understand the laid down structure before concluding. Its not the duty of the state govt to provide electricity to the inhabitants of the state. The Federal Govt is already working on that. Through the gencos, discos and transco. Lagos state is only looking for more ways to ensure that when you go to their parastatals you won't have to complain about electricity in hospitals.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by dealslip(f): 3:38pm On May 23, 2013

All of the IPP done by Lagos State are dual fired engines. it uses both gas and diesel.
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by EkoIle1: 4:01pm On May 23, 2013
PapaBrowne: Are we really celebrating 10 MW power plant? This is getting seriously substandard.
Eko Hotel uses more than 10 MW of power.

I'll celebrate even 1 MW if it means no more baby deliveries in darkness, no more threats of power outages by your masters in abuja in our surgery and operating rooms, if it means eradication of darkness in our public buildings and our streets.

Is it not sad that the state is spending money and finding creative ways to address and correct your Abuja uncles incompetencies?
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by Goddex: 5:28pm On May 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

I'll celebrate even 1 MW if it means no more baby deliveries in darkness, no more threats of power outages by your masters in abuja in our surgery and operating rooms, if it means eradication of darkness in our public buildings and our streets.

Is it not sad that the state is spending money and finding creative ways to address and correct your Abuja uncles incompetencies?

Eko Ile, you are just one village dude. You obviously lack exposure. Because those politicians choose to call that "glorified generator" Power Plant, it sounded so big in your ears. For your information, such plants have been existing in many Niger Delta villages as far back as early 1990's. When Donald Duke, former governor of Cross River state built Tinapa in 2006, he also set up such gas powered plant to run Tinapa. Nobody from Calabar ever went on media to start celebrating. As we speak, that same plant powers all street lights in Calabar, that is why Calabar has one of the most reliable street light system in Nigeria. Most companies in Nigeria have since set up such plants so, it's not such a big deal if Fashola also set up one or two to power some government offices.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by ekoileee: 5:52pm On May 23, 2013
Goddex:

Eko Ile, you are just one village dude. You obviously lack exposure. Because those politicians choose to call that "glorified generator" Power Plant, it sounded so big in your ears. For your information, such plants have been existing in many Niger Delta villages as far back as early 1990's. When Donald Duke, former governor of Cross River state built Tinapa in 2006, he also set up such gas powered plant to run Tinapa. Nobody from Calabar ever went on media to start celebrating. As we speak, that same plant powers all street lights in Calabar since then, that is why Calabar has one of the most reliable street light system in Nigeria.

And what's this irrelevant apples and oranges rubbish got to do with me or what they are doing in Lagos state?

If you are happy with whatever they are doing in your village, good for you, but don't bother me with irrelevant nonsense.

I can't believe this retard just said providing uninterupted power for hospitals and government infrastructures is not a big deal. I guess not having stable electricity for over 50 year is not a big deal, I guess your hospitals operating with candles and light from cell phones is not a big deal...

Some of you I find very discusiting...
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by andylisa: 5:55pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by sonickay(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"The one in Lagos Island is powering 2 hospitals, government buildings and 21 streets"- Eko ile

Here you go again with your silly lies. Can you show us anywhere in the report where it was mentioned that the 10MW power plant in Lagos Island is powering "21 streets"?

Cant you do your work without telling naked LIES?

POINT OF CORRECTION: The 10MW lagos Island power plant is powering only the following structures, as enumerated by your paymaster himself (Fashola):

"He (Fashola) enumerated the structures and areas to benefit from the Island Power Project to include the Lagos High Court, J.I.C Taylor Magistrate Courts, the Island Maternity Hospital, the Lagos House, Marina and street lights in at least 20 streets on the island"
http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/news2.php?k=1134

While it is commendable that the state govt is SAVING COST by building mini power plants to serve state owned structures, the fact is that people are not yet benefiting DIRECTLY from this exercise. Yes some hospitals and streets lights are powered by this power plant but peoples homes and offices are yet to benefit.

So the whole exercise for now, put in proper perspective, is a commendable COST SAVING measure. It will also help free some load from the national grid.

By the way, I hope the ACN e-warriors will also jubilate if the FG announces it built small power plants for Aso Rock or other state establishments.

Just to add that some other states have also done mini power plants. Ebonyi state is one perfect example but I think theirs also serve some residents
why are u not seeing wat I am seeing. D IPP's even if for lasg wil relax d electricity grid d burden of servin d govt gradually. D lay-offs wil den bounce back into distribution on various grids across d state or d u tink d electricity shed off dis way is being kept or wasted, No it wil serve other areas for good, govt establishments consume quantum of electricity, building an IPP and sending back d electricity is a good initiative
Re: Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. by grandstar(m): 4:01am On May 24, 2013
Fashola is only being super prudent and efficient. he is making the best use of the current laws governing power and the resources available to him. if if was the president, if would do better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency / Sen Ayogu Eze And Other South East APC Governorship Candidates Visit Osinbajo / Osinbajo Seeks Probe Of EndSARS Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.