Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? (2480 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by mutiu78(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2006
What do you know about him?
Answer these three simple questions.
1. How many other memoirs book as Soyinka written apart from Ake?
2. What is the Soyinka mother’s nickname?
3. The book “The man died” book all about?
Send your answers info@newdawnwithfunmi.com
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by DaHitler(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2006
I have not read any of his books (planning on picking up a few over the summer)

But I have met/had dinner with him on a few occasion. He is a very respectable and intelligent man. smiley
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by omogenaija(f): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2006
I dont want to meet him , because i dont who he is.
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by adconline(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2006
1. 2 books
2. Wild Christian
3. His solitary confinement during civil war
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by stephanay(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2008
omogenaija:

I don't want to meet him , because i don't who he is.

ignoramus angry
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by coopedro(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
na by force to knw person.

she has clearly spoken her mind.

Does that call for insult.
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by doyin13(m): 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2008
adc online got everything right but for question one.

Its now three. . .

Anyone read the Interpreters?
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by ifyalways(f): 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2008
yes i have read the interpreters,what abt it ?
omogenaija:

I don't want to meet him , because i don't who he is.
hes a great writer.
pick up one of his books and you wud appreciate.
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by doyin13(m): 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2008
ifyalways:

yes i have read the interpreters

Well thats a surprise. I have tried without sucess to get people to read the book and
after the first few pages they give up complaining its too difficult.

Personally I think its one of the best books I have ever read and his best book although people
rate the sentimentality of Ake over it.

The comedy is what sets it apart. . .especially Sagoe's 'voidant' disposition. The language was difficult in parts
but it had that rarest of qualities:it made you think and when you did there was a delight to be found.

I am also partial to the book because it is centred around the sixties, my favorite period of Nigeria's history.

Anyway. . .how about yourself----------what did you think of the book?
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by ifyalways(f): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2008
doyin13:

Well thats a surprise. I have tried without sucess to get people to read the book and
after the first few pages they give up complaining its too difficult.

Personally I think its one of the best books I have ever read and his best book although people
rate the sentimentality of Ake over it.

The comedy is what sets it apart. . .especially Sagoe's 'voidant' disposition. The language was difficult in parts
but it had that rarest of qualities:it made you think and when you did there was a delight to be found.

I am also partial to the book because it is centred around the sixties, my favorite period of Nigeria's history.

Anyway. . .how about yourself----------what did you think of the book?

it was difficultfor me to get into the first time but it was worthwhile and challenging.yes, it centered around the colonial times,divides btw history of the sixties,western influences,political chaos,indigineous culture,corruption etc.
thinking of reading it again.Soyinkas books are so phenomenal.
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by tamo(f): 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2008
what has any of this got to do with meeting the prof. yes i want to meet him but unless you can actually arrange the meeting you have no bussiness setting up this thread.
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by ifyalways(f): 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2008
tamo:

what has any of this got to do with meeting the prof. yes i want to meet him but unless you can actually arrange the meeting you have no bussiness setting up this thread.
it has everything to do with meeting Prof Wole Soyinka because Omogenaija said she dosent know him  tongue
mutiu78:

What do you know about him?
Answer these three simple questions.
1. How many other memoirs book as Soyinka written apart from Ake?
2. What is the Soyinka mother’s nickname?
3. The book “The man died” book all about?
Send your answers info@newdawnwithfunmi.com

now answer those questions and you might be on your way to meeting the Talented Prof. cheesy
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by olanajim(m): 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2008
Doyin13,
seriously, I have not read The interpreter. But I would try and find it. I love challenges. The only problem is getting the time to read it. That would be pretty hard for me.

I am not in Art profession though, just love reading.
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by ayobase(m): 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2008
wole soyinka is a great man,
but the fact that he is an athiest
weighs me down!!!!
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by barro: 5:14am On Aug 02, 2008
A noble laurete of international repute.He is simply a litrary giant.I admire him and his oratory spirit.
Re: Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? by DeepZone: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2008
The trials of brother Jero
The Lion and The Jewel
The Strong Breed
Kongi’s Harvest

(1) (Reply)

Assignment : Blackmail / Welcome To Naijasinglegirl Fans Club / Get Any Pdf Book Free Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.