Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) (16942 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
The william Shakespeare of our time. This is saying Happy 80th Birthday to Professor Akinwande Oluwole (Wole Soyinka), Pronounced "Shoyinka" was born 13th July 1934. Winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature.......#IgbaOdunOdunKaniooo

21 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by justi4jesu(f): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday Sir...

Africa's greatest writer!!

9 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by stripper: 4:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
DOWHILE: The william Shakespeare of our time. This is saying Happy 80th Birthday to Professor Akinwande Oluwole (Wole Soyinka), Pronounced "Shoyinka" was born 13th July 1934. Winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature.......#IgbaOdunOdunKaniooo

Happy birthday Mr Soyinka oh. Biko rice and stew very plenty. wink

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by oluwadare26(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
Gud to knw dat Kongi is now an octogenarian...wish u long life and more prosperity
Here's to a role model whose exemplary life enriches ours in every aspect. Here's to Prof. Wole Soyinka, grandpa, father, dramatist, activitist, teacher, hunter, and Africa's first Nobel Laureate in literature

Happy Birthday Sir

HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVOURITES WOLE'S QUOTES

''I grew up in an atmosphere where words were an integral part of culture''

''When you marry an illiterate woman, you make stupids like Jonathan.'

''The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism'

''The man dies in all those that keep silent''

''Romance is the sweetening of the soul with fragnance offered by the stricken heart''

''The hand that dips into the bottom of the pot will eat the biggest snail'

''Don't take shadows too seriously. Reality is ur safety. Continue to reject illusion''

''Power is domination, control, and therefore a very selective form of truth which is a lie''

Once again sir, Congratulobia.

HOW I WISH LIONEL MESSI WINS WORLD CUP....u heard me right, Lionel not Argentina

12 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by saasala(m): 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday Sir. Here are amazing things you didnt know about Soyinka, you would be surprised. Here: http://www..com/wole-soyinka-things-you-didnt-know-about-him/
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Welrez(m): 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Prof, which kind grammar me I go speak to wish you a happy birthday. All the same, may your wintry hair never assault mother earth in the near future. Shey I try.

7 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
How many times will a birthday thread to Ahoy capn blud grace FP?
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by juman(m): 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
stripper:

Happy birthday Mr Soyinka oh. Biko rice and stew very plenty. wink
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by LordMecuzy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday Ahoy.

We Sealords celebrate with you

Every Dog Now Has a Master

8 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday Sir.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oh, I made the front page........It's good to be good. Prof Shoyinka is a good man and so was Mandela. Check out how this noble man is being celebrated all over the world today.

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tholuwaniey(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yes he is Africa's greatest writer... but he's also responsible for most of our youths not replicating his feat and reaching his height cos Of the very misappropriated use of fraternity in our society today...Which he and his dick-headed group created!
happy birthday though

2 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Godfullsam(m): 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy baiday to u sir.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
Welrez: Prof, which kind grammar me I go speak to wish you a happy birthday. All the same, may your wintry hair never assault the earth in the near future. Shey I try.
Like seriously? Try harder sir

2 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by deeedee: 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
HBD SIR
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Welrez(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: Yes he is Africa's greatest writer... but he's also responsible for most of our youths not replicating his feat and reaching his height cos Of the very misappropriated use of fraternity in our society today...Which he and his dick-headed group created!
happy birthday though
I thought this matter had been adequately treated here on Nairaland. Why are you resurrecting it?

5 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Perhaps the only writer that shares the same initials, WS with Williams Shakespeare.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by opeyemmmy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Joyeux anniversaire, the great one.

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Welrez(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
DOWHILE: Like seriously? Try harder sir
Oh yes, I need to start keeping white hairs and beards. Lol
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
DOWHILE: The william Shakespeare of our time. This is saying Happy 80th Birthday to Professor Akinwande Oluwole (Wole Soyinka), Pronounced "Shoyinka" was born 13th July 1934. Winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature.......#IgbaOdunOdunKaniooo
I admire this man so much until recently that I learnt he is an atheist.. Is this true?

3 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR!

THE GODS BLESS YOU!

ESPECIALLY THE LORD OGUN OF WHOM YOU ARE A DEVOTEE OF.

MAY YOU LIVE LONG!

THE PRIDE OF NIGERIA!
cool

3 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by otokx(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday to a great Nigerian.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: Yes he is Africa's greatest writer... but he's also responsible for most of our youths not replicating his feat and reaching his height cos Of the very misappropriated use of fraternity in our society today...Which he and his dick-headed group created!
happy birthday though
In your f00lishness you failed to realize that Wole Soyinka wasn't the only person that founded the first campus fraternity. There were seven of them (the magnificent seven).

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OMA4U(m): 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
Welrez: Prof, which kind grammar me I go speak to wish you a happy birthday. All the same, may your wintry hair never assault mother earth in the near future. Shey I try.
You self talk small
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tholuwaniey(m): 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
Welrez: I thought this matter had been adequately treated here on Nairaland. Why are you resurrecting it?

Am i??. I just wanna make the truth pellucid enough for everyone celebrating this Man... He's an African legend, A rare gem that every nation will pray to have as a citizen but all his good deeds were marred by his Singular act which is causing catastrophe in most tertiary institution, Communities, even secondary schools.. We can only overlook and ignore it but we can't Justify it
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
In your f00lishness you failed to realize that Wole Soyinka wasn't the only person that founded the first campus fraternity. There were seven of them (the magnificent seven).
y do you have to insult someone like dat? its not nyz....
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
happy birthday though

2 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by excellentmomma(f): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
Is he really an atheist as people say. If true that's very bad then, let him change o and believe b4 it is too late. Happy birthday sir all the same.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tholuwaniey(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

It hasn't come to that Man... foul words on social network?? I'll Pass!
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Welrez: Oh yes, I need to start keeping white hairs and beards. Lol
And that will make u as intelligent as he is?
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Kenneth205(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
HBD sir!! More Grammar to yhour Mouth ..
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Vivly(f): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
I wish you a longer life and good health.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Book Are U Reading? / Chimamanda Adichie At The 7th Annual Igbo Conference (photos+video) / Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.