Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation (15756 Views)

Agatu:Reno Omokri Replies Adesina:U Remind Me Of Malu Who Laugh At Odi Genocide / Reno Omokri Replies Osinbajo's Road Assertion / Jonathan Is Not To Blame, Reno Omokri Replies Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Peterwins(m): 5:56pm On May 24, 2013
This is a factual and candid response. When you point a finger (wrongly) at someone, your other (four) fingers point right back at you. Buhari should just calm down and stop disgracing/embarrassing himself politically. It should be discomforting for him to be reminded of all these issues by Reno. Buhari should play the role of an elder statesman rather than a myopic politician. Will he ever learn?
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 24, 2013
tomakint: Definitely Buhari has gone senile! He is just foaming at the mouth for no just cause, a bloody hypocrite! The worst thing is that some blind southerners take this sadist as their Jean Claude Van Damme! What a shame, great thanks to Reno for this eye-opener cool
thats why i can never vote northerner or want them to rule again. they are hypocrites
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 24, 2013
as if u know as i know too. if he talks more i will tell him buhari's oil wells and the manager. Buhari my ass
Awake9ja: Buhari have oil wellwhich someone is taking care for him just as we dont hear Obj, ibb names in all the oil owners bruhaha
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by redbottles(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2013
lacasa: Buhari inherited Maitatsine from Shagari tongue

Buhari distinguished the crisis absolutely, and till today no-one has heard of that again.

Buhari is wat Nigeria needs, a firm hand that will tackle corruption, impunity and indiscipline @ all levels of Nigeria's being.

pls go and take your drugs....
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by GoodSamaritan: 6:00pm On May 24, 2013
I know Buhari's problem. He didn't get oil licence while in power & he desperately wants it now...lol. Someone should please tell him that he doesn't need to become the president again to get it. All he needs is to walk into Aso Rock, pick the form and apply. Trust me, Oga Jona would approve it instanta. Perhaps he doesn't need the licence I'm double sure Tinubu would need it.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Ninapha(f): 6:01pm On May 24, 2013
automaticcarzz: Buhari remains the only former General with no oil license despite the fact that he was Petroleum Miinister. Buhari is the only former Genaral who has refused to join other Generals in PDP to loot the treasury. Keep hating him and the truth shall prevail.
Pls always match d march!

I thought u were going to say Reno lied in his assertion. We are talking abt using undue force! Hey is Reno right? Why wd the kettle call the pot black. Buhari is becoming too irrelevant by the day and i am almost sure he is a boko haramist!
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 24, 2013
when someone criticizes everything an opponent does then watch it. that is KILLER HATE. pls i resound it again such a man cant rule this counry. imagine 1000witches telling him so since the one nigerians are telling him isnt enough. in USA u see the republicans accepting most of obama's policies and lauding it. here the Buhari is just busy discrediting, castigating and talking with a leaking mouth. That is not how to woo people's heart. You have just show how much u mean that power should just belong to the north. u guys had it 40yrs just 2 yrs for another region u feel like the world should come down. no region is worthy of ruling nigeria except u the north. by ur own reasoning, the north is born to rule. Buhari, let me tell u wot u dnt know of cus u witnessed it in the last election. if we play regional politics and voting as u are canvassing(of course u are not a broad-based leader but a parochial and sectional one)u will loose cus by vote u will lose.
Peterwins: This is a factual and candid response. When you point a finger (wrongly) at someone, your other (four) fingers point right back at you. Buhari should just calm down and stop disgracing/embarrassing himself politically. It should be discomforting for him to be reminded of all these issues by Reno. Buhari should play the role of an elder statesman rather than a myopic politician. Will he ever learn?
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2013
Wazobia.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by taiwo3(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2013
es

Buhari distinguished the crisis absolutely, and till today no-one has heard of that again.

Buhari is wat Nigeria needs, a firm hand that will tackle corruption, impunity and indiscipline @ all levels of Nigeria's being.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Ninapha(f): 6:09pm On May 24, 2013

Buhari is one man Nigeria wd loose with gratitude. He is corruption personified. An un-contented statesman, powerthirsty and unpatriotic. Anyone who plays with word on the boko haram reason for putting this undue stress on us is the real one to do away wit. Not with the introduction of the Acute practising criminals party.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by IMMUNO1(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2013
When you are obsessed with anything, you will always behave inconsiderately towards it. Buhari is obsessed with power.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by chisly1: 6:15pm On May 24, 2013
[quote author=automaticcarzz]Buhari remains the only former General with no oil license despite the fact that he was Petroleum Miinister. Buhari is the only former Genaral who has refused to join other Generals in PDP to loot the treasury. Keep hating him and the truth shall prevail.[/quote
You better woke up & face reality & stop been mislead
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by honestivo(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2013

den is jeg d genesis of boko haram, he also inherited it.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by RasheedBabaita(m): 6:21pm On May 24, 2013
automaticcarzz: Buhari remains the only former General with no oil license despite the fact that he was Petroleum Miinister. Buhari is the only former Genaral who has refused to join other Generals in PDP to loot the treasury. Keep hating him and the truth shall prevail.
yes thanks for all d bla black sheep story,truly buhari does not stands for a united Nigeria. His statement are too provocative. Dats why he can never rule us again.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Peterwins(m): 6:22pm On May 24, 2013
....and he (Buhari) also failed to realise that GEJ "inherited" the Boko haram crisis from Musa Yar'Adua.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by gerald09(m): 6:22pm On May 24, 2013
They don't have to sell it again Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ aint voting Buhari EVER, all dis his rubbish talk is just for una to have News to talk, he has failed Nigeria then n he has failed now. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ Nigerians want to join the rest of the world in 21st century, bringing in old men who are looking for ways to justify there lifes worth is not our agenda. and Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ all know he has an idea on y boko haram is in Nigeria 2day cos he threatened the country and it happened

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by RasheedBabaita(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2013
Mallam Buhari go sit down,ur utrancies are to provocative,U dont stand for united Nigeria at all, U are too tribalistic.... APC shld not do mistake of fieldin U as dere presidential candidate ooo,if not Đey av failed b4 d election begin sef
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 24, 2013
Buhari,Buhari,Buhari how many time have are call U, come an knee-down here and hands up causing harms to my fellow Naija.... If I go piss come-back and u still dey make mouth are will send u to park all the sheet in Aso-rock..
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by gtrust: 6:47pm On May 24, 2013

Buhari needs Yaba left NOT oil wells!
What will he do with oil wells Abi you're interested

Buhari is the Head of state who cancelled Lagos Metro which was already fully paid!
Can you imagine Lagos having Metro just like London

Buhari during Abacha's regime was incharge of Excess Crude Account, what happened to all the money
The man na chop chop and no civilisation dey him mind!

The man get oil wells and also expecting 77 virgins later. lol
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Simolicatalano: 6:50pm On May 24, 2013
symbianDON: i have never criticized buhari before but this time he definately has gone beyond his boundaries. How buhari equates niger delta militants with boko haram sect beats me hollow. Mr. Buhari, how many innocent people did the militants kill? How many churches and how many mosques? Did the militants have a clear cut and realistic reason why they took to arms or not? When they were invited to dialogue did they oblige or not? The answers are all YES!!! Which these questions has yes as answer when applied to boko haram? The mere fact that you have always been supportive of violence and boko haram smacks of mischief and suspicion. I have lost all the respect i ever had for you. If you can't support the onslaught against boko haram then go to blazes sir!!!
YOU SAID IT ALL
GOD GO MAKE U BIGGER
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by surplussurplus: 7:05pm On May 24, 2013

He's not clean either. He only lack opportunities
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by surplussurplus: 7:16pm On May 24, 2013
alaoeri:
And 'll his death do Nigeria any good?

Yes
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by tomakint: 7:22pm On May 24, 2013
Even if IBB contests against Buhari today e go floor am! Buhari my foot!
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Parisbee5(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2013
Breaking!!! Gov. Amaechi re-elected as Chairmain Nigeria Governors Forum
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by dbride: 7:51pm On May 24, 2013

Are you insinuating that he desperately wants to be president so that he can give himself the oil license, just like all former generals? Remember, the question paraphrased was: why wouldn't Buhari take the back seat like all other former generals who once ruled Nigeria?
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by dbride: 7:56pm On May 24, 2013

When he inherited it from Shagari, was he asked to resign? That's the relevant question.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by abacus(m): 8:05pm On May 24, 2013
youngies: Reading the interview Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) gave to Daily Trust which was published on Wednesday the 22nd of May 2013, I am compelled to raise historical issues that put the former military Head of State's words in perspective.

Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) blamed President Jonathan for the insurgency occasioned by the militant sect, Jamā'a Ahl al-sunnah li-da'wa wa al-jihād, commonly referred to as Boko Haram and asked President Jonathan to resign saying "Jonathan should vacate and give way to competent hand to govern the country".

Buhari further said "When the Niger Delta militants started their activities in the South-South, they were invited by the late President Umaru Yar'adua.

An aircraft was sent to them and their leaders met with the late President in Aso Rock and discussed issues. They were given money and a training scheme was introduced for their members. But when the Boko Haram emerged in the north members of the sect were killed".

Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) may wish to note that[size=20pt] President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan never supported militancy and criminality in the Niger-Delta at any time in his political career.[/size] Furthermore, the administration of President Umaru Musa Yar'adua used a combination of carrot and stick to end the militancy in the Niger-Delta.

Stick was used in the form of heavy military intervention by way of the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) which routed the militants by way of ground attacks and aerial assault with the use of Nigerian Air Force Jets and helicopters. After this initial pacification, the carrot was introduced whereby the administration offered an olive branch for those wishing to embrace dialogue. Those who accepted the offer to dialogue came out of the creeks and dialogue took place leading to the conditional amnesty (militants were made to surrender their weapons and renounce violence before they could benefit from the amnesty).

Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) may or may not be aware that these same steps were taken by the current administration with regards to the insurgency occasioned by Jamā'a Ahl al-sunnah li-da'wa wa al-jihād or Boko Haram.

This administration in fulfillment of its constitutional responsibility to maintain law and order and enforce the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria empowered Nigeria's security forces to check the insurgency. As a democrat and listening leader, President Jonathan's ears were opened to the cries of the people in the affected areas and after meeting with different informed groups agreed to employ the dialogue option and called for the leaders of the Jamā'a Ahl al-sunnah li-da'wa wa al-jihād or Boko Haram to show themselves.

In furtherance of his desire to peacefully resolve the insurgency, President Jonathan inaugurated the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the North on Wednesday the 24th of April 2013 at the Presidential Villa Abuja under the leadership of a cabinet minister, Tanimu Turaki, Minister of Special Duties.

A week after the President's initiative, Jamā'a Ahl al-sunnah li-da'wa wa al-jihād or Boko Haram rejected the amnesty proposal yet the President kept faith with the Committee and met with them as recently as a week ago and in furtherance of that meeting he issued orders for the release of certain classes of detainees held in connection with the insurgency.

With the detailed historical TimeLines provided above, it is my considered opinion that Major General Muhammadu Buhari's (rtd) statement castigating President Goodluck Jonathan for not treating the Jamā'a Ahl al-sunnah li-da'wa wa al-jihād or Boko Haram as others were treated are not factual and are borne out of insufficient study of historical facts.

Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) also accused the President of using undue force on the Jamā'a Ahl al-sunnah li-da'wa wa al-jihād or Boko Haram saying "In Bama and Baga towns, military personnel were reported to have been engaged in extortion and sometimes raping of women. And because a soldier was killed in Baga the whole town was sacked by military. This is not the best way military should have acted when they were sent to restore law and order in a town. How can a responsible government allow its people to be killed in this way".

Let me say that I appreciate Buhari's concern for the victims of the Boko Haram attacks on Bama and Baga. However, Buhari should be reminded that the President ordered an investigation into the incidence at Bama. The investigations are being carried out by qualified persons and Buhari ought to wait for the results of those investigations before apportioning blame. Members of the Nigerian armed forces are sacrificially laying their lives down to protect Nigerians and they deserve more loyalty from us all, particularly from one who was once their Commander-in-Chief.

But going back to history, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) is reminded that this is not the first time that terrorists have unleashed mayhem on Nigerians.

[b]Buhari is reminded that in February and March of 1984, the Maitatsine sect unleashed violence in Yola under the leadership of Musa Makaniki. A conservative estimate is that 1000 people died during those riots and half of the residence of Yola in present day Adamawa state were rendered homeless. The military was unleashed on the sect by the military administration of Major General Muhammadu Buhari. Similar charges as the ones made today by Buhari were made against the soldiers sent by his government to quell the Maitatsine riots of 1984. They were accused of undue force, destruction of property, raping women and killing civilians. Many human rights groups and activists including J. Peter Pham, the Director of the Michael Ansari Center at the prestigious Atlantic Council whom I have personally met and who is alive today have documented what took place during those riots. In putting down the Maitatsine insurgency, the military incurred collateral damages. Yet Nigerians understood with Buhari. Did anyone call for his resignation as military Head of State because of the incidence?

Also, it is a historical fact that Maitatsine riots again flared up more than a year after this in April of 1985, while Buhari was still Head of State, this time in Gombe in present day Gombe state. Hundreds of people were killed and the military again was called in. There were collateral damage and Musa Makaniki, the arrowhead of Maitatsine escaped to the Cameroon and was not caught until 2004 when Obasanjo had ascended to power. To the best of my knowledge, nobody called on Buhari to resign even though he could not apprehend the leader of the sect.

Is it too much to ask that Buhari show the same level of understanding that Nigerians showed to him in 1984-1985 to the President?
[/b]
Some issues should be beyond politics. Anytime an elder statesman calls into question the abilities of our armed forces it goes a long way to weakening their morale and resolve which is precisely what should not be weakened when we face an insurgency such as the present one.

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/on-buharis-call-for-the-presidents-resignation/
http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/4659-on-buharis-call-for-the-presidents-resignation-reno-omokri

Bolded and listed

1. Tompolo
2. Fasheun
3. Asari Dakubo
3. Chief Edwin Clark
4. Oritsajefor
5. Kingsley Kuku etc

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-ex-militants-threaten-to-resume-violence-in-2015/
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/2015-jonathan-lures-ex-militant-commanders/

Reno I know you don't have shame.. waiting for post-GEJ administration to see how ill-relevant you become. Bloody Opportunist.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by stgift: 8:14pm On May 24, 2013
Dnt be a sadist...wat is been said is reality and u still blindfoild ur eyes against the truth. u ar a blind illiterate that cant differentiate a terrible hipocrite lyk buhari frm a simple man like GEJ who wants to solve our most disturbing problemz....u really nid to be sent to a zoo.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Acelifted: 8:28pm On May 24, 2013
The comments and position of ACN and CPC bigwigs on this state of emergency issue is clearly showing that the expected APC (merger of CAN and CPC) is afterall not the messiah that was once chanted on NL when news of the merger came out. These men's sense of reasoning is completely beclouded by the craving for power. Their judgment of issues is no longer driven by reason, expert analysis of issues and honesty (even when it concerns an opposition party).

Stop attacking the person of GEJ. It is not politically correct to do so. Rather, attack policies with a good sense judgment, completely devoid of hate, envy and sentiments. That will always be the right way to play politics.

With the above said, am confident to submit that APC is far from taking over government in 2015; not withis attitude, position and sense of reason being displayed by their so-called leaders. Nigerians, it is not yet uhuru. Your deliverance from PDP may still be far-fetched.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation by mactonnyso: 8:37pm On May 24, 2013
BUHARI HAS FINALLY WAVED GOODBYE TO 9ja Politics with his dirty do or die agenda.
I pray that God will open TINUBU's eyes to distance himself from that dangerous buh-ara man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abati To APC: Be Ready To Pay The Price Of Treason / ICC Invites Malami Over Shi'ites/Army Clash / Tinubu Lands In Bauchi For APC Presidential Campaign Rally (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.