Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism (12378 Views)

EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan / Ensuring Zero Tolerance For Any Type Of Extremism / Jihad, Terrorism, Extremism And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Adex097: 10:45am On May 24, 2013
oshyno: Good epistle. Hope they read this. Meanwhile what does SWT mean weneva muslims pronounce Allah.
Subḥānahu ūta'āla (Arabic: ﺳﺒﺤﺎﻧﻪ ﻭ ﺗﻌﺎﻟﻰ) is
an Islamic Arabic phrase that can be translated
in English as:
Glorified and Exalted be He [1]
May He be Glorified and Exalted
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by holyvirgin: 10:48am On May 24, 2013
Bsmartt: insha ALLAH the barbaric act committed by extremist will come to an end soon.let us always pray for the muslims all over d world to propagate dawah in the most peaceful ways.Allah IS the GUIDE!
See prayer alone will not help! Even the extremist theselves pray and believe whatsoever they pray to will shield them and grant them success in carrying out atrocities that depicts islam as a bad religion. So I suggest we should stop asking people to pray rather they should practice what the quran teaches.

Live and let live

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by chukkynwob(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2013
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by AroOkigbo(m): 10:50am On May 24, 2013
Adex097: Someone told me every muslim is either a terrorist or a potential terrorist.
Is it true?

But bros eh, you know the answer naa!
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 10:55am On May 24, 2013
oshyno: Good epistle. Hope they read this. Meanwhile what does SWT mean weneva muslims pronounce Allah.
SWT = Subh'ana wa Taa'llah = Glory be to HIM(ALLAH),The MOST EXALTED!!!
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by oloriooko(m): 11:06am On May 24, 2013
@ OP
please i'd like to ask a question:
violent extremism is just an aspect of the whole picture that i see (i stand to be corrected please), what of violence that erupts cos one guy somewhere in Europe allegedly "desecrates" the name of the Prophet or Islam either in a write-up, cartoon or speech and then some guys in africa especially norther Nigeria takes to the street in protest which sometimes result to lose of lives?
how do you respond to this, please.

3 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Vado(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2013
Lol nice write-up from an academic-research angle. What I do know is some people can't redefine the core principles or be more muslim than Mohammed himself and with that being said, we all know how he lived his life.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by crackhaus: 11:20am On May 24, 2013
The article is already long enough, I see no reason as to why some of you still quote it all...
With regards to this write-up & the non-extremist muslims: More doing, Less talking..

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by HARDEYLEKE(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2013
Idi Amin: And how does it concern an igboman like me. If they like, let them finish themselves undecided
lmao
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by olapluto(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2013
I must say I'm almost tempted to give up on this issue of 'Muslims renouncing violence'. Imams do this every week, some persons have been banned from holding gatherings around Mosques. Almost all mosques in London have measures in place to curb this unislamic doctrination of violence. The unfortunate thing is that some individuals have personal issues to sort out against the governments, and are hiding under religion to do such.
Why must Muslims be insulted, labelled terrorist and expected to condemn terrorism everytime someone acts stupid? How many times were the pope or christian leaders called on to denounce the violence of Christian terrorists? The guy in Norway is a viable analogy.

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Sweetlemon(f): 11:24am On May 24, 2013
Omen100:

abeg, d write up is just 2 long joor, pls summarize, thank u.

"If you want to hide anything from a black man put it in a book"

Later, some people will come and blame white people for their backwardness. Why won't you be backward when you cannot and in fact do not want to exercise your brain by filling it with information?

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by donted(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2013
Idi Amin: And how does it concern an igboman like me. If they like, let them finish themselves undecided

Must you comment? If is not not ur business then shut d hell up. Am a Christian but going thru dis write up its changed my perception general on all muslims on issue of violence.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 11:36am On May 24, 2013
Vado: Lol nice write-up from an academic-research angle. What I do know is some people can't redefine the core principles or be more muslim than Mohammed himself and with that being said, we all know how he lived his life.

Really? How interesting... I am sure you do not know. Funny how people can be confident on ignorance.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2013
If Muslims can be so easily radicalised to extreme barbarism, then the very practical and simple option of abandoning the religion completely should not be underemphasized.

4 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 11:43am On May 24, 2013
That was a pew poll
Half of Nigerian Muslims view extremist ideology favorably
The problem is the teachings in the Koran itself
To ask Muslims to stop violence is to ask them to drop the Koran

http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

3 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Sophiegurl(f): 11:44am On May 24, 2013
Must u comment? Just sharrap ur mouth there as u pple say.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Brunel(m): 11:47am On May 24, 2013
the more we look, the less we see
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 11:48am On May 24, 2013
babyosisi: That was a pew poll

Hahahaha, I am sure 99% of Muslims on NL never got interviewed. What were the questions asked? How was the population sampled? What are the demographics of your sample?

Keep growing in your antiIslamic rhetoric, we shall see what good it will do you.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 11:52am On May 24, 2013
MiloRambaldi: If Muslims can be so easily radicalised to extreme barbarism, then the very practical and simple option of abandoning the religion completely should not be underemphasized.

LOL. So because physicists helped develop the atomic bomb, we should abandon physics altogether. Your kind of intelligence should not be common. Thank you for your uncommon wisdom.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by xtayle(m): 11:56am On May 24, 2013

http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

"Facts are sacred"!!!! These are d facts we are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 11:56am On May 24, 2013

you are right my dear...violent muslims are those practising what is written in the quran!

D 'moderate' ones are the 'cheerleaders', secretly approving what d extremist are doing!

Pls whosoever is in charge of NL shld remove dis topic from d frontpage...otherwise banning upon banning go flood dis place now!

2 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by alexis(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL. So because physicists helped develop the atomic bomb, we should abandon physics altogether. Your kind of intelligence should not be common. Thank you for your uncommon wisdom.

Physicists don't use the atomic bomb on everyone that don't agree with them. You should know more, with all your "education"

7 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by diarra94(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Hahahaha, I am sure 99% of Muslims on NL never got interviewed. What were the questions asked? How was the population sampled? What are the demographics of your sample?

Keep growing in your antiIslamic rhetoric, we shall see what good it will do you.
so must NL muslims be interviewed b4 the survey is accurate. If you argue it's accurary and authenticity why dont you go do yours.

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 11:59am On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

I wish it were a laughing matter,I would have laughed with you.

Maclatunji ,read the link and direct the questions to pew global polls ,I didn't conduct the poll
The pew poll is the most trusted poll out there
Even if 10% of Muslims supported extremism ,10% of 1.2 billion is a large number.
That table should tell you that this problem is bigger than any of us can ever imagine
It is something to have at the back of your mind while trying to curb this violent tendencies which I suppose you intend to achieve by this thread
The first step is recognizing that there is a problem then admitting how big that problem truly is.
Bullets and bombs don't discriminate.

2 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by diarra94(m): 12:01pm On May 24, 2013
alexis:

Physicists don't use the atomic bomb on everyone that don't agree with them. You should know more, with all your "education"
simply put.

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by olapluto(m): 12:04pm On May 24, 2013

dodgy poll. And who told you Hamas and Hazbullah are terrorist organisations? Oh I know who told you, the same set of people who control how you think.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by xtayle(m): 12:04pm On May 24, 2013
babyosisi:

Maclatunji ,read the link and direct the questions to pew global polls ,I didn't conduct the poll
The pew poll is the most trusted poll out there
Even if 10% of Muslims supported extremism ,10% of 1.2 billion is a large number.
That table should tell you that this problem is bigger than any of us can ever imagine
It is something to have at the back of your mind while trying to curb this violent tendencies which I suppose you intend to achieve by this thread
The first step is recognizing that there is a problem then admitting how big that problem truly is.
Bullets and bombs don't discriminate.

God will bless you!!!! O maa daa fun e ni o. Even if your enemies don't like it, u must prosper!

2 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:08pm On May 24, 2013
@OP.. there is no doubt that your opinions also represent the opinions of hundreds of Muslims whose practice of ISLAM is peaceful and non-violent, non-confrontational and basically Live and Let Live.
If more Muslims like yourself speak-out especially to leading Muslim Clerics and Scholars, there might be a larger impact on the generality of youths who are guided into violence within and outside the society they live in.
IMHO I believe inaction or silence is often taken for approval. it is not possible that Radical/Extremism is beneficial to ISLAM in anyway.. unless f'course it is and I am just wasting my time.. Peace
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 12:09pm On May 24, 2013
alexis:

Oh, the atomic bomb is used on your friends whom you agree with? My bad, I am sorry for making the mistake. Now, I know better. #Laughable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Media Contributes To The Bad Image Of Islam. Why? / Prayer To Be Said On The Night Of Lailatul Qodri / The True Treasure : I Went To Steal From Him, But He Stole From Me – Inspiration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.