Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism (12366 Views)

EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan / Ensuring Zero Tolerance For Any Type Of Extremism / Jihad, Terrorism, Extremism And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 24, 2013
ola_pluto:
dodgy poll. And who told you Hamas and Hazbullah are terrorist organisations? Oh I know who told you, the same set of people who control how you think.

I think the starting point in curbing terrorism is by asking the elementary questions
What is terrorism ,who is a terrorist and what is a terrorist organization
*smh*
You folks have a very very loooooooooooooooooooooong way to go
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Lilimax(f): 12:09pm On May 24, 2013
Bsmartt:

This behavior undermines the respect for diversity in understanding and practicing Islam within the Muslim community that has existed since its inception. Our greatest scholars exercised this respect for differences in opinion centuries ago. We of lesser knowledge are obliged to follow their example. But for modern-day extremists, there is only one “correct” view on Islamic issues ranging from how to pray, to how to dress and eat.

This is why while I do not consider Niqab, women's face-veil, a requirement of Islam, I defend the right of those who observe it. My Mom wore it. Similarly, those who sport long beards or don’t let their trousers reach beyond their ankles do so because that is how they understand their faith. Others don’t feel it is necessary for men to roll up their pants above the ankles. This tolerance is the beauty of our faith, and it is guaranteed in our constitution. It must remain.

This goes to show that the 'moderate'Moslems are the 'cheerleaders', secretly approving what the extremist are doing

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Hahahaha, I am sure 99% of Muslims on NL never got interviewed. What were the questions asked? How was the population sampled? What are the demographics of your sample?

Keep growing in your antiIslamic rhetoric, we shall see what good it will do you.

Do you really need demographics to see/feel/know the impact extremism in religion is having globally?
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by alexis(m): 12:14pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Oh, the atomic bomb is used on your friends whom you agree with? My bad, I am sorry for making the mistake. Now, I know better. #Laughable

You are known for side-stepping and offering twisted analogies to digress from the topic at hand. I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by deols(f): 12:17pm On May 24, 2013
@babyosisi, I sent you an email. pls check.

@alexis, I sent you one as well.

Pls stop derailing this thread.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 24, 2013
The true Muslim are the middle east and the extremist group all over. All there action has proof in there book
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by deols(f): 12:21pm On May 24, 2013
babyosisi: That was a pew poll
Half of Nigerian Muslims view extremist ideology favorably
The problem is the teachings in the Koran itself
To ask Muslims to stop violence is to ask them to drop the Koran

http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

Why on earth would I trust such.

But if you are talking of hamas, you should naturally expect sympathy from Muslims all over the world. Categorizing them.as a terrorist group would not do justice.

Many people can not differentiate the freedom fighters from the extremists. That would not help such a poll. IMHO.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 12:22pm On May 24, 2013
babyosisi:

I wish it were a laughing matter,I would have laughed with you.

Maclatunji ,read the link and direct the questions to pew global polls ,I didn't conduct the poll
The pew poll is the most trusted poll out there
Even if 10% of Muslims supported extremism ,10% of 1.2 billion is a large number.
That table should tell you that this problem is bigger than any of us can ever imagine
It is something to have at the back of your mind while trying to curb this violent tendencies which I suppose you intend to achieve by this thread
The first step is recognizing that there is a problem then admitting how big that problem truly is.
Bullets and bombs don't discriminate.

You know your problem? You were traumatised and gravitate towards things that you feel can help you cope. The western world through which you seek to validate your myopic ideas has it hands deep in every major terrorist network out there. Without them, Osama bin Laden would have been an outcast with few followers, they brought him up and now the world is in turmoil.

Before Muslims need to solve any problem you perceive, the western world needs to check itself and change especially the United States. Another case-in-point is the Benghazi scandal.

Before you go, you don't think that the fact that the larger percentage of Christians on Nairaland that post on Islam cannot do so without being vulgar is not a problem Christians should address including you?
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by nwabuife: 12:25pm On May 24, 2013
BoboYekini: Your write-up is worth until you 'moderate', 'non-violent' muslims take to the streets, march, hold public demonstrations, rallies, and generally break out of your closeted lifestyles to denounce these extremists in totality.
Until then you are just as guilty because now we see through you all.
Gbam!!! very correct

1 Like

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 12:26pm On May 24, 2013
babyosisi:

Did you notice he had deleted even this post you quoted
Maclatunji do not hide my table or my posts again
They are backed up by facts
If your goal is to praise Islam,keep it in the Islamic section
Once you bring it out people,p are free to post their comments with hardcore evidence and it is wrong for you to hide those evidence and sometimes ban those posters

Do not hide the pew poll I posted or the table content showing the percentage of Muslims that condone terrorism

I need to send Seun an email about the dirt way this Maclatunji conducts business

I did not hide it. I have little interest in doing so. Like you said, it is a poll.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

You know your problem? You were traumatised and gravitate towards things that you feel can help you cope. The western world through which you seek to validate your myopic ideas has it hands deep in every major terrorist network out there. Without them, Osama bin Laden would have been an outcast with few followers, they brought him up and now the world is in turmoil.

Before Muslims need to solve any problem you perceive, the western world needs to check itself and change especially the United States. Another case-in-point is the Benghazi scandal.

Before you go, you don't think that the fact that the larger percentage of Christians on Nairaland that post on Islam cannot do so without being vulgar is not a problem Christians should address including you?

You are free to say whatever you want not interested in throwing personal arrows,my point is clear
But please do not hide my tables and my posts
It is very dirty of you to silence opposing views
Make your posts
Allow others to make theirs
Let the readers make up their minds who they choose to believe
Fair enough?

2 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

I did not hide it. I have little interest in doing so. Like you said, it is a poll.

If you have an assistant moderator,they did, or the super moderator who is also a Muslim just did
You can use your moderating privileges and tell us who deleted my table from the moderating room
I reattached that poll a second time and ask that whoever deleted it should desist from such
That is not proper
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 12:30pm On May 24, 2013
babyosisi:

If you have an assistant moderator,they did, or the suoer moderator who is also a Muslim just did
I reattached that poll a second time and ask that whoever deleted it should desist from such

I will look into that.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:31pm On May 24, 2013
babyosisi: Maclatunji please stop hiding the table I attached to my post
It is wrong for you to manipulate the posts here when I gave my source
Please stop it
Lu cannot start a thread ,post it on the front page and expect not o get opposing views
I didn't create that table
It is a pew poll
So please leave it alone and don't o changing my posts after we move onto another page as you normally do
That is a deceptive way of doing business
If you don't want alternative views,leave your islamic threads in the Islamic section,I don't go there
Once you bring it out here,I and others are free to give our opinions and evidence of those opinions without you manipulating them r banning me from your threads as you often do

I believe @Mac lacked the right Surah to point you to so he choose that crude method - "And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it]." [Quran 2:42]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by alexis(m): 12:32pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Evidence of 7th century Arab mentality. The western world and the US needs to check itself abi? What has Benghazi scandal got to do with this thread at hand?

The software that powers this forum was created by Western minds. The Internet Protocol that allows the computer you type from before it gets to the server were all CREATED BY WESTERN MINDS. Your phone, car and nearly all the 20th-21 century invention you enjoy today was because of the free thinking minds from the West. I am sure you "formal education" is a product of western influence.

The only difference is that you throw all that away and pick up 7th century Arab mentality to have a scholastic discussion. Such Pity
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by olapluto(m): 12:32pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

No that is not a problem for her. Once you're Muslim, you deserve insults and should be talked down to. You see her trying to define terrorism, when the greatest terrorist are well known. Maybe we should do a 10 year headcount of incidences of aggression against innocent civilians. Maybe then we can come out to define who is a terrorist.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 24, 2013
oh okay....non-extremists muslims exists verbally and on the web write ups. I got it
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 12:37pm On May 24, 2013
alexis:

Evidence of 7th century Arab mentality. The western world and the US needs to check itself abi? What has Benghazi scandal got to do with this thread at hand?

The software that powers this forum was created by Western minds. The Internet Protocol that allows the computer you type from before it gets to the server were all CREATED BY WESTERN MINDS. Your phone, car and nearly all the 20th-21 century invention you enjoy today was because of the free thinking minds from the West. I am sure you "formal education" is a product of western influence.

The only difference is that you throw all that away and pick up 7th century Arab mentality to have a scholastic discussion. Such Pity

And what has this got to do with western backing and funding of terrorists?
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Chubhie: 12:40pm On May 24, 2013
In the words of 2pac shakur 'Take the evil outta the people and they be acting right'
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 24, 2013
At the wake of 9/11 Muslims all over the world celebrated the carnage including those in my native Nigeria
Unbeknown to them many Muslims died in those buildings too
We saw Muslims on TV screens dancing in the streets all over Muslims enclaves boasting that Allah had fought their enemies and burning American flags
If Allah fought their enemies,he did it by suicide bombs on a plane?
I was ashamed to share a country with people of that mindset
What sort of instruction makes a man clap,dance and rejoice at the violent death of strangers
This was before Benghazi,before Iraq and Afghanistan wars
So my dear,the problems are deeper
But you can keep trying to hide the truth
Pointing fingers at everyone else but inwards
We are not deceived.

Until you get to the root cause of why a young Mutallab,who was born in affluence will pack his underwear with bomb to detonate on a flight,you will keep going round in circles

3 Likes

Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL. So because physicists helped develop the atomic bomb, we should abandon physics altogether. Your kind of intelligence should not be common. Thank you for your uncommon wisdom.

I didn't say abandon religion, only the one breeding extremists. Using ur analogy, that would be like abandoning the atomic bomb program, which is sorely destructive and helps no one really.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

And what has this got to do with western backing and funding of terrorists?
Do the western also fund the terrorism that killed thousands of Nigerians recently?
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 12:46pm On May 24, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

I didn't say abandon religion, only the one breeding extremists. Using ur analogy, that would be like abandoning the atomic bomb program, which is sorely destructive and helps no one really.

Only one religion has extremists? My analogy would infer that you eschew extremism and adopt Islam.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 24, 2013
The trends would best be curb when people stop seeing THE PROPHET as a war-leader, and stop taking war-leaders as PROPHET coz am yet to see a bloodless, voilent-free war.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by maclatunji: 12:47pm On May 24, 2013
Chukskalidon:
Do the western also fund the terrorism that killed thousands of Nigerians recently?

Yes, via Libya.
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Yes, via Libya.

Please show us your evidence like I did mine

If indeed Muslims can be manipulated by the so called infidels to kill themselves and others again and again ,what does that say about Muslims?
Will answer you later
Oya
Evidence
Re: Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism by iHustle(m): 12:54pm On May 24, 2013
ola_pluto: I must say I'm almost tempted to give up on this issue of 'Muslims renouncing violence'. Imams do this every week, some persons have been banned from holding gatherings around Mosques. Almost all mosques in London have measures in place to curb this unislamic doctrination of violence. The unfortunate thing is that some individuals have personal issues to sort out against the governments, and are hiding under religion to do such.
Why must Muslims be insulted, labelled terrorist and expected to condemn terrorism everytime someone acts stupid? How many times were the pope or christian leaders called on to denounce the violence of Christian terrorists? The guy in Norway is a viable analogy.

Christians that commit those evil acts do not do them in the name of Jesus Christ neither do they quote the words of Jesus or his Apostles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) / Why Is S.A.W Used For Muhammad And A.S Used For Other Prophets / Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.