Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. (8832 Views)

Wealth: 10 Quranic Teaching / Health Is Wealth: 10 Health Benefits Of The Ramadan Fast / Uphold The Sunnah- Visit The Ill/sick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 4:36am On May 24, 2013
We have heard of a few people caught in the act, of corruption. Some Muslim names, inclusive. Farouq Lawan comes to mind, So does Babalakin.

It is no doubt that corruption is a sin. While finding a way out, many people fall into deeper sins. Here is a list of what I think a Muslim who has engaged in the act, caught or yet to be, should do in order to earn the forgiveness of Allah.

1. Return the stolen money, goods, e.t.c

2. Ask the people for forgiveness. They could be the generality of Nigerians, the people in your state, locality. Simply, the people whose money you embezzled.

3.Ask God to forgive you.- this you must do.in sincerity.

4. Serve your sentence- this is very important. Many try even corrupt means to evade their sentencing, thereby accumulating more sins. Never forget that the punishment of Allah is graver, more severe. With you allowing the law to take its course, the likelihood of God forgiving you is even higher. A person who is yet to be caught doesn't have to present himself for sentencing.

5. Do not go back to it Have it in mind that corruption is sin, the type to run away from and to never get back to.

6. Believe in God's favour and the concept of forgiveness.

5 Likes

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Gboliwe: 5:43am On May 24, 2013
They dont have to be caught before they restitute. That is the term christians use for this.

They should first see that what they did or are doing is a sin, and desire to change from it

2 Likes

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 6:41am On May 24, 2013
Gboliwe: They dont have to be caught before they restitute. That is the term christians use for this.

They should first see that what they did or are doing is a sin, and desire to change from it

I didn't say they have to be caught. This is to everyone who has engaged in the act.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Gboliwe: 7:39am On May 24, 2013
¨¨

1 Like

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 9:06am On May 24, 2013
¨¨¨

1 Like

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Mustay(m): 1:01pm On May 24, 2013
Appears recommendations have already been provided.

Personally, it shouldn't even be gotten in the first place. Am very conscious of my source(s) of income; even (in)formal riba.

Funny, there are some other ways that are ill-gotten that we are seduced into it. One I remember is online football predicition games - though harmless, there are subtle ways one can be 'enticed' to earn income illegally.

The sources are broad, you could do well to expand them smiley

1 Like

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by ZEALMAN(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2013
wink
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 24, 2013
smh
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 24, 2013
Hide it in Swiss bank! cool
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 24, 2013
ok.. nice.. christians and muslims, share d same perseptive in dis one
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Bsmartt(m): 2:03pm On May 24, 2013
The first thing to have in mind as a muslim is to put the fear of ALLAH(SWT) in all that we do no matter who you are because nobody knows where HE/SHE will be managing tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by DJDOLA(m): 2:03pm On May 24, 2013
deols: We have heard of a few people caught in the act, of corruption. Some Muslim names, inclusive. Farouq Lawan comes to mind, So does Babalakin.

It is no doubt that corruption is a sin. While finding a way out, many people fall into deeper sins. Here is a list of what I think a Muslim who has engaged in the act, caught or yet to be, should do in order to earn the forgiveness of Allah.

1. Return the stolen money, goods, e.t.c

2. Ask the people for forgiveness. They could be the generality of Nigerians, the people in your state, locality. Simply, the people whose money you embezzled.

3.Ask God to forgive you.- this you must do.in sincerity.

4. Serve your sentence- this is very important. Many try even corrupt means to evade their sentencing, thereby accumulating more sins. Never forget that the punishment of Allah is graver, more severe. With you allowing the law to take its course, the likelihood of God forgiving you is even higher. A person who is yet to be caught doesn't have to present himself for sentencing.

5. Do not go back to it Have it in mind that corruption is sin, the type to run away from and to never get back to.

6. Believe in God's favour and the concept of forgiveness.
forgiveness indeed
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:04pm On May 24, 2013
Ok
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by olumaxi(m): 2:04pm On May 24, 2013
4 wea?..i'l buy shares of companies abroad with my ill-gotten wealth includin d shares of nigeria-breweries and dangote group
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Sobrit(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2013
How does one restitute for ill gotten wealth in the case of ritualists? How do u return/refund whatever. Better not do the crime because you may never be able to do the time
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by natasha: 2:24pm On May 24, 2013
Send them all to me I will help you get rid of then all............Money etc . Assets such as shares, lands, houses etc should be transferred to me. wink
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 24, 2013
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 24, 2013
what about if it has been paid as a tithe ? the tithee and the tither must confess openly, abi ?
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by DICKtator: 2:33pm On May 24, 2013
Hope our polithiefchians read and adopt this as a guide!!

To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to any religion.
hey say mateh!!, hope you would not ban me for posting the above about politicians? Cos governance is also a religion!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by MrsMango(f): 2:41pm On May 24, 2013
Op, are you serious or you are joking?
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:44pm On May 24, 2013
Most people do not follow the easy part. Even when they know that they may not end well. They ll find it difficult to repent from their bad acts till karma catch up with them.
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Caracta(f): 2:47pm On May 24, 2013
Donate to TeHn (Nairaland charity)...it could help save lives.

1 Like

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 3:01pm On May 24, 2013
Like someone said, it should be avoided by all means.
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 3:05pm On May 24, 2013
Mustay: Appears recommendations have already been provided.

Personally, it shouldn't even be gotten in the first place. Am very conscious of my source(s) of income; even (in)formal riba.

Funny, there are some other ways that are ill-gotten that we are seduced into it. One I remember is online football predicition games - though harmless, there are subtle ways one can be 'enticed' to earn income illegally.

You are right. Riba is a broad subject on its own. Gambling is another way of earning the wrong way. Eating from an orphan's inheritance the wrong way too.
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 3:05pm On May 24, 2013
Mustay: Appears recommendations have already been provided.

You are right. Riba(usury) is a broad subject on its own. Gambling is another way of earning the wrong way. Eating from an orphan's inheritance the wrong way too.
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 3:10pm On May 24, 2013
So-brit:
How does one restitute for ill gotten wealth in the case of ritualists? How do u return/refund whatever. Better not do the crime because you may never be able to do the time

You can skip the refund part and keep to the rest. If it involves continual visit to the ritualist or the use of incantations, those can henceforth be stopped.
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by deols(f): 3:15pm On May 24, 2013
Caracta: Donate to TeHn (Nairaland charity)...it could help save lives.

The attitude of stealing a large sum and then paying a little in charity should be discouraged. The need for such charities would not come up in the first place if no one steals from the national coffers.

1 Like

Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Afam4eva(m): 3:21pm On May 24, 2013
Criminals are only sorry because they get caught. They would continue in their criminal ways till eternity if they don't get found out.
Re: What To Do About Your Ill-gotten Wealth. by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 24, 2013
Don't even try it at all!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Muslims Should Visit Cemeteries Regularly - Salihu Ajetunmobi / Naming Ceremony / What Will Happen On The Day Of Resurrection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.