Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years (15264 Views)

Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / Naira Fluctuations Crash PC Import In Nigeria / Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by doubleportion: 9:26am On May 24, 2013
His choice of location to me is strategic for security reason IMO! the fear of niger deltan chiefs and MEND is the begining of wisdom! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by abujalapdog(m): 9:30am On May 24, 2013
i like this guy an his spirit..soon i will join you.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by billante(m): 9:30am On May 24, 2013
He has invested in all the geo political zones of nigeria except south east, MAKA why?

Cement factories in Ogun Kogi Benue and Cross river
sugar factories and plantations in lagos kano kwara kebbi adamawa and sokoto
fertilizer plant in edo
tomato processing plant in Kano
refinery in ondo
flour and pasta factories: lagos

Geo political Zones

south west: lagos ogun ondo
south south edo cross river
north central: benue kwara
north west: kano kebbi sokoto
north east: adamawa
south east: NONE NONE NONE NONE

WE GO PROTEST OOOOOO! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by taharqa2: 9:32am On May 24, 2013
Brunel: As i read the title of this thread, the first thing that comes to my mind is 'this man is doing alone what government failed to do in almost 30 years'. providing jobs and opportunities and increasing standard of living, one day we all will wake up and realise dat Alhaji Dangote is ACTUALLY our government. smiley
Dangote is doing what he is doing principally cos of Govt. Dangote is just one, albeit the most prominent, of the many Players now trooping to Nigeria to set up REAL businesses (in d Industrial, Agric, Services, IT, Mining, etc sectors) cos of d Improving Investment climate in Nigeria. Read the article again and see how he commended d Govt on its new National Sugar Policy- a policy that wud thoroughly change the face of d Agric and Energy sectors in Nigeria in a few yrs time..
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by sureway1(m): 9:32am On May 24, 2013
Your Own house dey lik...
you dey go build house for stranger...
time will tell..
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by ypzilanti: 9:33am On May 24, 2013
Nairaplus: But, why Ondo? Maybe he's afraid of militancy in the Niger Delta!
Militants fit migrate o! Or even self, dem fit evolve! Make una help me tell am.

Insecurity or 'security' is always a factor in siting industry. Also, he is setting the refinery up close to the biggest market for his products-LAGOS.

There are many considerations in setting up a factory. Nearness to market is also as important as nearness to raw materials.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by UyiIredia(m): 9:36am On May 24, 2013
Nigeria has 4 refineries that can be repaired. When repaired they can satisfy the fuel needs of the nation. I hope Dangote's intention isn't the result of government's inability to tackle the refinery problem.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Reference(m): 9:37am On May 24, 2013
Brunel: As i read the title of this thread, the first thing that comes to my mind is 'this man is doing alone what government failed to do in almost 30 years'. providing jobs and opportunities and increasing standard of living, one day we all will wake up and realise dat Alhaji Dangote is ACTUALLY our government. smiley

Oga leave that argument alone. That is what happens in every developed and progressive country. The private sector is the driver of economic growth and by extension the standard of living. The healthy of the private sector is the health of the economy.

All government does is to attract participation and referee the match not play games. There are three or four officials compared to twenty-two players. That is a healthy proportion. Big government is always bad.

That's why we encouraged subsidy removal, that's why we want government out of business, that's why we wanted the military out of politics.

Simply put, freedom.. There is money in this country and money outside waiting to come in if only we can encourage the bearers.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Jilo83(m): 9:37am On May 24, 2013
Mad Cow: Why would he build the refinery in Ondo State?! Does Ondo State have oil wells or does he intend to run pipes from Ondo to the South-South?!
so u no kno say Ondo produce crude oil pass some of ss states. O ga o!
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by UyiIredia(m): 9:38am On May 24, 2013
billante: He has invested in all the geo political zones of nigeria except south east, MAKA why?

fertilizer plant in edo
refinery in ondo

Geo political Zones

I once heard from a source he owns a large farm in Port-Harcourt. Satisfied ?
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by segzicres(m): 9:38am On May 24, 2013
Abeg the guy is a wise guy
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by nkemKalu: 9:39am On May 24, 2013
WHAT JONA CANNOT DO DANGOTE CAN DO BETTER

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by FindOut(m): 9:40am On May 24, 2013
Nairaplus: But, why Ondo? Maybe he's afraid of militancy in the Niger Delta!
Militants fit migrate o! Or even self, dem fit evolve! Make una help me tell am.

Going by Dangote's record of relationship with host communities sorrounding his establishments like the cement factories and all, i can assure you that any millitant who wishes to make trouble for Dangote will be shot dead or hanged by the community members themselves for trying to put sand inside the Golden morn (not even Ga.r.ri) Dangote will surely prepare for them.

That said, i'm still not comfortable with the idea of Dangote dictating our fuel price as is likely to be the case a few years from now.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by exbash: 9:44am On May 24, 2013
Mavor: Am wondering the same thing myself. The closer the refinery is to Nigeria's main oil fields, the better the refinery's daily operation and its daily output will be. Anyway God bless him. His heart and mind are in the right place.

Why is there a refinery in Kaduna?.... He owns the business and all the feasibility studies have been done.... no be akara dem won fry there...
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by mu2sa2: 9:48am On May 24, 2013
billante: He has invested in all the geo political zones of nigeria except south east, MAKA why?

fertilizer plant in edo
refinery in ondo

Geo political Zones

Why must it be only Dangote investing everywhere. The rich Ibo biz men should emulate Dangote, starting from the SE. Buying properties in Dubai, London etc does not create jobs in your homeland.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by delfol: 9:50am On May 24, 2013
Whatever the cost is, at least it will be cheaper than the cost of importation.
strangest: Locating the refinery in Ondo is okay... But how about the cost of transpoorting the crude to that part? Or afterall the consumer will pay
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by mamiel: 9:50am On May 24, 2013
Dangote must have put many factors into consideration before choosing Ondo State. I believe security is largely one of those factor. It wil save alot of cost to have it in d niger delta wher d crude is gotten frm, however d niger delta 'boyz' will make sure they suck him dry wit wat is called 'deve' ie development charges u must pay to them 4 bringing a blessing to their community,plus they wont giv him peace for as long as his refinery is on nigerdelta soil.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by dayotheone(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2013
1. You should be able to appreciate the idea first ,...atleast somebody is standing up to help us out for all the yrs. 2. The distance is okay , compared to importation ..and even the distance to where is been imported to and dont forget the refinary will be our own now and the money will still circulate among us ...Ondo state also have untapped fuel
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by saintedwards: 9:53am On May 24, 2013
Mr Dangote is truly a visionary unlike our former ex president selling bread around. Ride on sir Nigerian are happy with u Mr dan
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by delfol: 9:55am On May 24, 2013
If u check the map of nigeria, you would realise that ondo is close to south south. I also think they have oil too but not too sure
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by naptu2: 10:00am On May 24, 2013
Choosing location of refinery = proximity to source of crude oil and proximity to market for petroleum products.

Ondo state has oil wells and is close to Lagos, which is the largest market for petroleum products in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Reference(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2013
nkem Kalu: WHAT JONA CANNOT DO DANGOTE CAN DO BETTER

What are you expecting. Government refineries? I think we have gone past that. Stop clinging to the Nitels, Phcn's and NNPC's. These things are passing away.

Once Dangote's machine starts pumping gas, government will finally cremate those money pits it calls refineries. Just be glad that its not another South African bully that's crashed the party early on.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by successking: 10:06am On May 24, 2013
That is a good from Alike. Bravo
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Reference(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2013
Find Out!:

Going by Dangote's record of relationship with host communities sorrounding his establishments like the cement factories and all, i can assure you that any millitant who wishes to make trouble for Dangote will be shot dead or hanged by the community members themselves for trying to put sand inside the Golden morn (not even Ga.r.ri) Dangote will surely prepare for them.

That said, i'm still not comfortable with the idea of Dangote dictating our fuel price as is likely to be the case a few years from now.

Then encourage other runners to join the race and reposition PPPRA. Turn their eyes away from chopping subsidy to regulating the business. We don't even have proper regulatory structures to encourage private ownership. Dangote is taking huge risks here.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by pawesome(m): 10:07am On May 24, 2013
ondo no get creeks lik dt,so anyhw dt it is,no militants to disturb him..d way dis guy de tink de fear me.even person wey go sch no go tink lik dt...if u guys check,he isnt tinkin bout tins lik d cost f transportatn n al dt buh basicaly,hw to tackle unemployment n to help nigerians in d issue f fuel.....dis man isnt jst gud.he is too gud....*TEAM DANGOTE*

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoAtlantic: 10:15am On May 24, 2013
Mad Cow: Why would he build the refinery in Ondo State?! Does Ondo State have oil wells or does he intend to run pipes from Ondo to the South-South?!

You've got a problem with that?! Better go meet Dangote.

naptu2: Choosing location of refinery = proximity to source of crude oil and proximity to market for petroleum products.

Ondo state has oil wells and is close to Lagos, which is the largest market for petroleum products in Nigeria.

...being insecure and their envious nature won't let know that.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by DeLaRue: 10:16am On May 24, 2013
People forget also that whether the crude comes from Niger delta, Sao Tome, Equitorial Guinea, Cameroon, the price will be more or less the same, allowing for MINOR differences in transportation cost.

Also, the price of crude is not determined in Bayelsa or Port Harcourt, and not done on a paddy paddy basis. The fact he's Nigerian will not mean he'll get Niger Delta oil 1 kobo cheaper. Crude prices are determined by the international market, mainly in London, New York, and Singapore/Hong Kong.

So, he has little to gain from buying all his crude from Niger Delta, and I can bet that he will not lay a single metre of pipeline from Niger Delta. He doesn't need to. There are 'small' ocean-going badges that will transport several hundred thousand litres easily from any of the producing countries in and around the Bight of Biafra.

This flexibility will ensure that he's not in any militant's pocket.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by ivytechgurl: 10:18am On May 24, 2013
Just keep da friggin promise...
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by dammytosh: 10:19am On May 24, 2013
It is his money and his business.

Billion dollars worth of advise will not be taken on Nairaland.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by blkmum700: 10:23am On May 24, 2013
I don't know why some ppl here re asking why ondo state,refinery can be build anywhere doesn't matter if the place have oil well or not,Niger republic have refinery,Kaduna also have refinery even if is not working 100 percent,many state in america hve refineries nd they don't have oil wells ,I think choosing ondo is a good ideal.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by mykorheya(m): 10:31am On May 24, 2013
This man has vision. The reason why the refinery will be located @ Ondo State is for security reasons. The entire North is very restive while in Niger Delta the Militant would cause trouble someday. So i think is decision is very rational.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by igbeke: 10:40am On May 24, 2013
enough of all these promises.
he has made a lot of them in recent days and we r yet to see the implementations.
what Nigerians want to see is action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Cancels Poll In Ondo Towns Over Violence - Punch / Patience Jonathan Launches Another Lawsuit Against The EFCC (photos) / Peter Obi Holds Interactive Session With Ogun State PDP Stateholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.