Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years (15265 Views)

Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / Naira Fluctuations Crash PC Import In Nigeria / Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by naptu2: 1:31pm On May 24, 2013
Anyway, thankfully Dangote is not the government of Nigeria. It's his money and he has a right to site his businesses anywhere he believes he will get the most returns from.

(But this silly ethnic politics is hurting Nigeria badly. That's why I'm happy that we are moving away from state controlled businesses, in which "political" decisions hold sway, to private entities that sink or swim based on their investment decisions).

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 24, 2013
I have nothing but admiration for Aliko Dangote

If I can be half as successful I will be fine
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by solomon111(m): 1:43pm On May 24, 2013
naptu2:

See, this is one of the reasons why we have lots of problems in Nigeria. Does shortage of refineries in the Niger-Delta = no refineries in northern Nigeria?

More refineries should be built in the delta, just as more refineries should be built in northern Nigeria. There is no sensible reason why we shouldn't have refineries in northern Nigeria. It is not an empty wasteland as some people think smiley People and businesses who use petrol, diesel and kerosene are in abundance in northern Nigeria (that's why Niger built a refinery near the border to tap into that market, but I don't think we should let them. We should build more facilities to ensure that this market is adequately served).
I don't have any problem with building refineries in the north,as long as refineries are sufficient in the oil-producing states.
We can always satisfy the north with petroleum products without building refineries there at the expense of the niger-delta.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by braxjay(m): 1:45pm On May 24, 2013
ewo a MAN have spoken all other boys shhhhhhhhhheeee

by boys i mean all thieves who enrich themselves and do eye service with public funds o o o and i didn't mention

any body's name or POLITICAL TITLE O O O O. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by naptu2: 1:47pm On May 24, 2013
So, with Orient Refinery in Anambra, Lekki Greenfield Refinery in Lagos and Dangote Refinery in Ondo, I don't think we should be importing refined petroleum products in the future. Rather we should start thinking of exporting refined product.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by elume2020(m): 2:01pm On May 24, 2013
Let me make some observations about the choice of locating this refinery in Ondo state. I have a projeect under construction in the Creeks of Ondo state, so i have been able to understudy the environment very well. From the on-going argument, Ondo state is amoung the Oil prooducing state in Nigeria, Ondo state has bitument for road construction and other uses, Ondo state has abundance of sand the type used as raw material for glass production, and lots more resources. The proximity of Ondo state to it market target is key. Ondo state shares boundary with Ogun state, an industrial hub, Edo state, connecting it to the South-southern part of the country for sales, Kwara, Through Ekiti state, Kogi State connecting it easily to the North central part of the country, Osun, Oyo are at stone throw to Ondo state and Lagos the commercial center. Delta, Ogun, Lagos, Rivers, Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa can all be connected to by water ways for discharging of content to ports. With regards to militancy, Just like in every part of the Niger delta, Ondo state is not an exception, as a matter of fact the highest cache of weapons was recovered from Ondo state creeks. But the interesting thing here is, once you go into agreement with them and don't default you won't have a problem with them. Ondo State has oil blocks, the Bonga oil field is noot actually far (nautical miles) from Ondo shore, though its ceded to another state (politics). Crude oil oil could easily be transported, refined and discharged to nearby state with heavy industrial activities that requires the fractional by-product of crude, remember its not only petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and kerosene (DPK) that are products of crude oil and many of these industries are concentrated in Ogun (Agbara), Oyo (Ibadan), Lagos (Mainland and Island), Kogi (Obajana) and lots more. Also don't be surprised if Alhaji Dangote buys up the Oluwa Glass industry due to his presence in the state and become the major supplier of glass to the construction industry, Cladding of building, which is in vogue now and for the manufacturing industries in the future. In conclusion, Locating the refinery in Ondo state is not a bad decision as we know feasibility studies would have been carried out and not sentiment studies. He is a businessman and not a politician. His businesses are for profit first, sustainability then philanthropy, where proximity to raw materials and market would have been critically analysed while putting into consideration the environment, security and other socio-economic factors.

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by dabossman(m): 2:12pm On May 24, 2013
solomon111: I don't have any problem with building refineries in the north,as long as refineries are sufficient in the oil-producing states.
We can always satisfy the north with petroleum products without building refineries there at the expense of the niger-delta.

Bros, maybe it's time the money bags in the Niger Delta also invest in their own. Even if it is from their stash of government loot, let them put it back into the system instead of stashing it in foreign accounts. Worse case scenario they can use others as fronts until the long-arm of the law hopefully catches up with their looting a**e*
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by naptu2: 2:14pm On May 24, 2013
elume2020: Let me make some observations about the choice of locating this refinery in Ondo state. I have a projeect under construction in the Creeks of Ondo state, so i have been able to understudy the environment very well. From the on-going argument, Ondo state is amoung the Oil prooducing state in Nigeria, Ondo state has bitument for road construction and other uses, Ondo state has abundance of sand the type used as raw material for glass production, and lots more resources. The proximity of Ondo state to it market target is key. Ondo state shares boundary with Ogun state, an industrial hub, Edo state, connecting it to the South-southern part of the country for sales, Kwara, Through Ekiti state, Kogi State connecting it easily to the North central part of the country, Osun, Oyo are at stone throw to Ondo state and Lagos the commercial center. Delta, Ogun, Lagos, Rivers, Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa can all be connected to by water ways for discharging of content to ports. With regards to militancy, Just like in every part of the Niger delta, Ondo state is not an exception, as a matter of fact the highest cache of weapons was recovered from Ondo state creeks. But the interesting thing here is, once you go into agreement with them and don't default you won't have a problem with them. Ondo State has oil blocks, the Bonga oil field is noot actually far (nautical miles) from Ondo shore, though its ceded to another state (politics). Crude oil oil could easily be transported, refined and discharged to nearby state with heavy industrial activities that requires the fractional by-product of crude, remember its not only petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and kerosene (DPK) that are products of crude oil and many of these industries are concentrated in Ogun (Agbara), Oyo (Ibadan), Lagos (Mainland and Island), Kogi (Obajana) and lots more. Also don't be surprised if Alhaji Dangote buys up the Oluwa Glass industry due to his presence in the state and become the major supplier of glass to the construction industry, Cladding of building, which is in vogue now and for the manufacturing industries in the future. In conclusion, Locating the refinery in Ondo state is not a bad decision as we know feasibility studies would have been carried out and not sentiment studies. He is a businessman and not a politician. His businesses are for profit first, sustainability then philanthropy, where proximity to raw materials and market would have been critically analysed while putting into consideration the environment, security and other socio-economic factors.

Very good analysis.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by ceysaga: 2:23pm On May 24, 2013
Let me make some observations about the choice of locating this refinery in Ondo state. I have a projeect under construction in the Creeks of Ondo state, so i have been able to understudy the environment very well. From the on-going argument, Ondo state is amoung the Oil prooducing state in Nigeria, Ondo state has bitument for road construction and other uses, Ondo state has abundance of sand the type used as raw material for glass production, and lots more resources. The proximity of Ondo state to it market target is key. Ondo state shares boundary with Ogun state, an industrial hub, Edo state, connecting it to the South-southern part of the country for sales, Kwara, Through Ekiti state, Kogi State connecting it easily to the North central part of the country, Osun, Oyo are at stone throw to Ondo state and Lagos the commercial center. Delta, Ogun, Lagos, Rivers, Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa can all be connected to by water ways for discharging of content to ports. With regards to militancy, Just like in every part of the Niger delta, Ondo state is not an exception, as a matter of fact the highest cache of weapons was recovered from Ondo state creeks. But the interesting thing here is, once you go into agreement with them and don't default you won't have a problem with them. Ondo State has oil blocks, the Bonga oil field is noot actually far (nautical miles) from Ondo shore, though its ceded to another state (politics). Crude oil oil could easily be transported, refined and discharged to nearby state with heavy industrial activities that requires the fractional by-product of crude, remember its not only petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and kerosene (DPK) that are products of crude oil and many of these industries are concentrated in Ogun (Agbara), Oyo (Ibadan), Lagos (Mainland and Island), Kogi (Obajana) and lots more. Also don't be surprised if Alhaji Dangote buys up the Oluwa Glass industry due to his presence in the state and become the major supplier of glass to the construction industry, Cladding of building, which is in vogue now and for the manufacturing industries in the future. In conclusion, Locating the refinery in Ondo state is not a bad decision as we know feasibility studies would have been carried out and not sentiment studies. He is a businessman and not a politician. His businesses are for profit first, sustainability then philanthropy, where proximity to raw materials and market would have been critically analysed while putting into consideration the environment, security and other socio-economic factors.

After reading this, no point reading further.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Peterwins(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2013
.....and Dangote Refinery listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) in 2017/18 for N...... per share.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by fastlane84: 2:53pm On May 24, 2013
Nairaplus: But, why Ondo? Maybe he's afraid of militancy in the Niger Delta!
Militants fit migrate o! Or even self, dem fit evolve! Make una help me tell am.

So y ou prefer abroad?...
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by SPSpecial(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2013
God bless Dangote...... Nigeria is moving........ soon most of the states in Nigeria will be industrialised.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by tonte(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2013
This would mean Dangote running almost all petroleum importers out of business and having the monopoly on subsidy funds(if we still have fuel subsidy then) or total control over fuel prices in Nigeria(if we don't have subsidy again) either ways that's a win win situation, now that's a man with an effective thinking cap...and he even decided 2 share the risk(loans) just incase of any uncertainty
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by mrjingles(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2013
elume2020: Let me make some observations about the choice of locating this refinery in Ondo state. I have a projeect under construction in the Creeks of Ondo state, so i have been able to understudy the environment very well. From the on-going argument, Ondo state is amoung the Oil prooducing state in Nigeria, Ondo state has bitument for road construction and other uses, Ondo state has abundance of sand the type used as raw material for glass production, and lots more resources. The proximity of Ondo state to it market target is key. Ondo state shares boundary with Ogun state, an industrial hub, Edo state, connecting it to the South-southern part of the country for sales, Kwara, Through Ekiti state, Kogi State connecting it easily to the North central part of the country, Osun, Oyo are at stone throw to Ondo state and Lagos the commercial center. Delta, Ogun, Lagos, Rivers, Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa can all be connected to by water ways for discharging of content to ports. With regards to militancy, Just like in every part of the Niger delta, Ondo state is not an exception, as a matter of fact the highest cache of weapons was recovered from Ondo state creeks. But the interesting thing here is, once you go into agreement with them and don't default you won't have a problem with them. Ondo State has oil blocks, the Bonga oil field is noot actually far (nautical miles) from Ondo shore, though its ceded to another state (politics). Crude oil oil could easily be transported, refined and discharged to nearby state with heavy industrial activities that requires the fractional by-product of crude, remember its not only petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and kerosene (DPK) that are products of crude oil and many of these industries are concentrated in Ogun (Agbara), Oyo (Ibadan), Lagos (Mainland and Island), Kogi (Obajana) and lots more. Also don't be surprised if Alhaji Dangote buys up the Oluwa Glass industry due to his presence in the state and become the major supplier of glass to the construction industry, Cladding of building, which is in vogue now and for the manufacturing industries in the future. In conclusion, Locating the refinery in Ondo state is not a bad decision as we know feasibility studies would have been carried out and not sentiment studies. He is a businessman and not a politician. His businesses are for profit first, sustainability then philanthropy, where proximity to raw materials and market would have been critically analysed while putting into consideration the environment, security and other socio-economic factors.

FINALLY someone who actually knows what he's talking about! Most posters here show why lots of us are not business men. Please Mod we are done here CLOSE THE THREAD! Dats all.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by bloggernaija: 4:59pm On May 24, 2013
Mad Cow: Why would he build the refinery in Ondo State?! Does Ondo State have oil wells or does he intend to run pipes from Ondo to the South-South?!

He will build it in ondo because.

1 the yorubas are accommodating
2 even if the country disintegrate,his property rights will be respected
3dangote has spent most of his life in the SW that he can be considered a yoruba (no different from getting a US passport after 5 yrs)
4 SW customary laws are unambiguous (no ifs or but )
5the yorubas are socially and politically sophisticated
6 the yorubas are open to good ideas and willing to adopt them .
7 the yorubas at the very core are not religious bigots so dangote is treated as a person , not as a Christian/Muslim /animist.(when Abacha was killing yorubas ,dangote was still treated as one of ours and was prospering )
8 ondo state is part of a largely homogeneous group.so there are no ijaw vs urhobos vs ikwerre vs ika vs ibiobio problem to anticipate
9the land will probably be given to him free of charge . (Yes we love this kind of development that if he wants the landscaping to be done for him, we will)

Business and economical reason

The investment climate in the southwest is the best in nigeria
1it is the safest
2it is the most populated with huge towns. In fact ondo state has more real urban areas than any other state outside the southwest ondo ,akure,owo,akoko,idanre,ile oluji,Idoani akoko,ore etc
3 it has the highest concentration of middle class in nigeria
4 it is close to the huge Lagos ,Ibadan ,OGUN industrial market and the other market west of Lagos
5 the coast east of Niger is littered with criminals gangs.
6 most of the other parts of the country are socially unstable(the leadership are almost never respected by their subject)
7 ondo state iis an oil producing state

About oil the raw material

Ondo state has oil and bitumen ,Lagos state has oil,there are potential in OGUN. OGUN has bitumen as well ,edo state too has some bitumen in the okada axis. Bitumen is simply heavier form of crude oil. It can be broken down to oil.
NOTE :the reserve of bitumen in ondo is larger than the Nigeria's entire crude oil reserve .

Refining oil is a value added service . You will still have to buy the oil at the international rate,your profit comes from refining and selling the product.
So if dangote cannot source crude oil from the Niger delta, he can by oil from Liberia,equatorial guinea,Cameroun, Ghana ,Libya ,Angola etc
So a refinery in ondo state ,Lagos,Benin ,Ibadan does not need the oil from the Niger delta to be profitable. It is an international market.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoIle1: 5:04pm On May 24, 2013

Very rational and reasonable assessment..
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoIle1: 5:18pm On May 24, 2013
I wish the man a lot of luck as a Nigerian, but he's going to be competing with other refineries in the same Ondo state as others are in the game especially with Araromi Refinery Project by KBR and Covenant Refinery.

Covenant Ground Refinery Project – OK Free Trade Zone

The Oil economy the world over is a capital intensive and technology driven business where only formidable, well focused, and properly motivated organizations can play a formidable role in the exploration or production of petroleum products. This role is what motivates Covenant Ground Group’s flag ship subsidiary Covenant Ground Refinery Limited. The company is organized to be among the first privately owned refineries to successfully plan, build and operate in Nigeria and is jointly owned by the Ondo State Government, which holds a marginal equity of 5%. Covenant Ground Refinery Limited is structured as a Hi-Tech Modular Integrated Crude Oil Refining Facility rated to operate at a full capacity of 150,000 barrels per day. The refinery is designed to produce multiple primary products which would include: Premium Motor Spirit (P.M.S), Automotive Gas Oil (A.G.O), Dual Purpose Kerosene (D.P.K) / Jet fuel (, (JP-A), LPG, Naphtha and Hydro-Heater.

The facility would include a fertilizer – processing unit, producing Ammonia and Urea; and Asphalt. The proposed location for the Covenant Ground Group Refinery is in Olokola Free Trade Zone ,Olokola (OKFTZ) Ondo State, South West Nigeria on a 150 acre parcel of land within the oil and gas logistics base of OKFTZ .

The Covenant Ground Refinery Ltd, refinery project is to be located in the OKFTZ. It is an essential project for Nigeria to help the economy produce fuel products internally and reduce the national deficit by reducing oil product imports. This low complexity, 25,000 BPD Nigerian crude project with 6,000 BPD gasoline reformer (expandable to 150,000 BPD with 36,000 BPD gasoline) will improve the supply requirements of Nigeria. The product slate consists of one grade of motor gasoline (regular unleaded MOGASRON 90), dual purpose kerosene (DPK)/Jet fuel, AGO diesel, and fuel oil (long residue). The guidelines for this project will be comparable to any similar worldwide project in the industry with regards to safety quality and environmental requirements.

http://covenantgroundrefinery.tumblr.com/post/388310401/covenant-ground-refinery-project-ok-free-trade-zone

KBR Awarded Development Contract for Araromi Refinery Project by FPR, Inc.

HOUSTON-(June 1, 2010 - EDITOR NEWSWIRE)-KBR (NYSE: KBR) announced today that it has been awarded a contract by Houston-based FPR Inc. to provide Design and Early Engineering Services for the development of the Araromi Refinery Project in the OK Free Trade Zone (OKFTZ) in Nigeria.

“We are proud to partner with FPR, Inc. and assist in the development of the Araromi Refinery Project, a refinery that is anticipated to have a positive impact on the Nigerian market”

KBR will execute the Design and Early Engineering Services for a low complexity 160,000 barrels per day Greenfield refinery and marine facility estimated in excess of US$3 billion. The refinery will produce motor gasoline, automotive gas oil, kerosene and jet fuel. This work will be executed primarily in the Republic of South Africa and the United States.

This award marks the first contract awarded under a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) under which the two firms anticipate executing various phases of the project which include EPC-GM and Operation and Maintenance. The Araromi Refinery Project will be developed in phases, with an ultimate capacity of 320,000 barrels per day with a full petrochemical complex.

Pursuant to FPR's mission, the refinery will enhance the social and economic development of the host country.

“We are proud to partner with FPR, Inc. and assist in the development of the Araromi Refinery Project, a refinery that is anticipated to have a positive impact on the Nigerian market,” said John Quinn, President, KBR Downstream. “This award demonstrates KBR’s commitment to Africa and allows us to enhance an already robust portfolio of refinery design, engineering and construction in the region.”

KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power and industrial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.

http://www.editornewswire.com/press.php?id=11119#.UZ-uvdj4J6w
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoIle1: 5:22pm On May 24, 2013
There must be something in Ondo state to justify this concentration of new refineries...
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by bloggernaija: 5:26pm On May 24, 2013
solomon111: I don't have any problem with building refineries in the north,as long as refineries are sufficient in the oil-producing states.

This same mentality you have just displayed here is exactly one of the reasons why the refinery is in ondo state.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by RasheedBabaita(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2013
Mad Cow: Why would he build the refinery in Ondo State?! Does Ondo State have oil wells or does he intend to run pipes from Ondo to the South-South?!
yes dere are oil wells in Ondo if U dont know beta know now,including kogi state.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoIle1: 5:34pm On May 24, 2013
bloggernaija:

This same mentality you have just displayed here is exactly one of the reasons why the refinery is in ondo state?

Well said...
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by ASPchris(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Why are u bringing this nw,Is ondo State nt in Nigeria?stop all this ur state here state there.Am from Delta State i should tell him to put it in my backyard or what? Aliko u too muc h God bless u. Let others be carrying Guns.
see ur head, who dash u Delta state? See this yoruba man wan deceive us.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoAtlantic: 5:54pm On May 24, 2013
Not all members on this forum are actually dullards, based on comments on this page(3)
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 24, 2013
More grease to his elbows.. I'm awaiting results :-)
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoIle1: 5:58pm On May 24, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Not all members on this forum are actually dullards, based on comments on this page(3)

Unfortunately, the few dullards are pollutants..
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by olajide8(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2013
Ignorance can sometimes kill people in this case you are already dead! D-e-a-d go and read books
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by olajide8(m): 6:29pm On May 24, 2013
Eko Ile: There must be something in Ondo state to justify this concentration of new refineries...

Simple, most of the oil companies exploring for oil in the niger-delta said they are pulling out over the next 3-5years classified info, because of the kidnapping and unfavourable exploration terms, the southwest is highly stable when compared to the other regions where oil is found Bayelsa and delta states, with little or practically no militancy happening, there oil reserves in the south west ondo and parts of Imo are in excess of 2/3 of what is still available in the delta area, the only constraint has been, its deep offshore, and it would cost more to explore, lastly labour is available and people want to work in the south west when compared to other oil producing states.
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoIle1: 6:43pm On May 24, 2013
I'm no fan of Mimiko, but one think I do respect in creativity and vision.

They don't have access to the sea in Ondo state, but they've managed not only to create access to the sea, they've also managed to so spun their oil and Natural resources into a major Energy and manufacturing hub with the OK free trade zone and other emerging investments..

For them to gain access to the sea and move their goods and services to major markets all the way down to Lagos, they teamed up with Ogun to actualize the joint free trade zone because Ogun state via Lagos has little access to the sea.

Now they have access to a deep see port attache to the trade zone under construction as we speak and I'm also 100% sure Dangote saw this before making the decision to site his refinery in Ondo state. Moving his products to major markets and the outside world is a safe and straight shot from Ondo to industries in Ogun, Lagos and the deep sea port....

This is a win win situation for job seeking Nigerians, the investors including Dangote, Ogun state government and Ondo state government and by extension, the Lagos state government because the HQ for the free trade zone is in Lagos state so corporate taxes goes to the Lagos state government.

There is no handicap anywhere, the only handicap is you limiting yourself by not finding creative ways to walk around your handicap...
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by bloggernaija: 7:01pm On May 24, 2013
Eko Ile: I'm no fan of Mimiko, but one think I do respect in creativity and vision.

They don't have access to the sea in Ondo state, but they've managed not only to create access to the sea, they've also managed to so spun their oil and Natural resources into a major Energy and manufacturing hub with the OK free trade zone and other emerging investments..

For them to gain access to the sea and move their goods and services to major markets all the way down to Lagos, they teamed up with Ogun to actualize the joint free trade zone because Ogun state via Lagos has little access to the sea.

Now they have access to a deep see port attache to the trade zone under construction as we speak and I'm also 100% sure Dangote saw this before making the decision to site his refinery in Ondo state. Moving his products to major markets and the outside world is a safe and straight shot from Ondo to industries in Ogun, Lagos and the deep sea port....

Correction:Ondo state has the longest coast in nigeria.

This is a win win situation for job seeking Nigerians, the investors including Dangote, Ogun state government and Ondo state government and by extension, the Lagos state government because the HQ for the free trade zone is in Lagos state so corporate taxes goes to the Lagos state government.

There is no handicap anywhere, the only handicap is you limiting yourself by not finding creative ways to walk around your handicap...
Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by EkoIle1: 7:02pm On May 24, 2013
olajide_07:
Simple, most of the oil companies exploring for oil in the niger-delta said they are pulling out over the next 3-5years classified info, because of the kidnapping and unfavourable exploration terms, the southwest is highly stable when compared to the other regions where oil is found Bayelsa and delta states, with little or practically no militancy happening, there oil reserves in the south west ondo and parts of Imo are in excess of 2/3 of what is still available in the delta area, the only constraint has been, its deep offshore, and it would cost more to explore, lastly labour is available and people want to work in the south west when compared to other oil producing states.

Well, when investing in a climate like Nigeria and apart from other determining factors, safety and security remains at the top of the list and apart from the SW, no region in Nigeria compares. Basically, no disruption of operations because of militants and terrorists.

I think in terms of natural resources, the SW is blessed with more than enough, sadly because of tribalism and politics, little or no exploration is going on, but all that is history because all the SW state's are not sitting around for the FG to do anything for them. Oil exploration is going on in Lagos and the state just set up an oil company and oil is expected to be produced for the first time offshore Lagos State from the Aje gas and condensate field. 2 deep see ports in Lekki and Badagry ..plus the OKFTZ under construction for Ogun and Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Promises To End Fuel Import In 4 Years by Smooyis(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2013
Ondo people are peace loving, straight forward, tolerant and hospitable!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Capture Data Of All Igbo / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Visit To His House By DSS Personnels / Labour Party Governorship Candidate, Abdullahi Tsoho In Jigawa Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.