Stats: 3,166,373 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here - Events (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here (47628 Views)

10th Month Birthmates Meet-up Zone (perfect 10s) / Are You Born In The Month Of August? Sign Up Here.the Leos And Thr Virgos. / People Born In May, meet ur birthmates here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 8:54am On Jul 22, 2008
A JOKE ABOUT TWO BLIND PILOTS
[b]
Two blind pilots both are wearing dark glasses, one is using a guide dog, and the other is tapping his way along the aisle with a cane.

Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start up. The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke. None is forthcoming.

The plane moves faster and faster down the runway and the people sitting in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport. As it begins to look as though the plane will plough in to the water, panicked screams fill the cabin. At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly, and soon all retreat into their magazines, secure in the knowledge that the plane is in good hands.

In the cockpit, one of the blind pilots turns to the other and says,"ya know, Bob, one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and we're all gonna die." [/b]
[/color] [/b]
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2008
  A JOKE ABOUT THE SMART BLONDE

[b]A blonde woman boards an airplane. She is extremely exhausted and just wants to take a nap. She finally finds her seat and sits down next to a very curious young man.

He wants to test the whole dumb blonde thing and possibly make some money out of it. "Hey, want to play a game?" he asks her. "No thank you, i just want to take a nap." "Please, its really easy, all you have to do is answer the questions that i ask you. If you don't know the answer, then you give me five dollars, and if I don't know the answer to your question, then Ill give you five dollars."

"I really don't want to do this. I just want to take a nap."

"Oh but PLEASE pretty please.
Determined to persuade her into playing tyhe game,he then said okay, how about if I don't know the answer to your question, I'll give you five hundred dollars." The blonde woman became interested and decided to play the game.

Thed young man then says"Okay. How many moons does jupiter have?" the young man asked. The woman reached into her purse and took out a five dollar bill. She then asks"What goes up the mountain with three legs and comes back down with four?".

The young man, determined not to lose, gets out his laptop and searches all over the internet for an answer. Flustered and confused, the young man hand the blonde five hundred dollars.

After a few hours, the young man was itching to know the answer to the question."What was the answer to the riddle?" the blonde woman reached into her purse and handed the young man a five dollar bill. [/b]
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 9:20am On Jul 22, 2008
News report Ivorien Ministers Take 50% Pay Cut to Subsidise Fuel

The government of Cote d’Ivoire has decided to cut the salaries of its ministers by half in order to fund a reduction in the cost of fuel.
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) reported yesterday that the Ivorien Prime Minister Guillaume Soro said the managers of state-owned companies would also have their pay cut in half to pay for the 10 per cent cut in fuel prices.
Overseas trips by government members would also be reduced to a "bare minimum", he said, according to the BBC report.
"Having heard the people's cry from the heart, the government has decided to cut the price of fuel," Soro said.
A week-long announcement of strike by public transport workers has been called off following the announcement of government’s decision.
Soro said running costs and investments in government departments would also be cut to help cope with the extra expenditure.
Housewives took to the streets banging pots and pans, youths built burning barricades and at least one man was killed in March and April as escalating food prices sparked violent protests in Abidjan.
The government agreed on Sunday to cut the fixed price of diesel fuel to partially offset a hefty rise earlier this month that caused a disruptive transport strike last week in the world's top cocoa grower.
Soro said the price cut and other concessions to transporters would cost the state 200 billion CFA francs ($484 million), the Economic Times website reported yesterday.
Soro, who met union leaders on Saturday, announced the measures at a news conference late on Sunday after an extraordinary cabinet meeting chaired by President Laurent Gbagbo approved the moves.
The price of diesel, which the government raised earlier this month by 44 per cent to 785 CFA francs ($1.90) per litre to better reflect high world crude oil prices, saw the biggest cut, falling 100 francs to 685 francs per litre, he said.
That and other concessions, including a six-month extension of the deadline for payment of road tax, would help reduce the cost of transport and combat food price inflation, Soro said.
"We have decided to create a surveillance committee to check that the prices are being respected , we will reinforce measures against racketeering," Soro said.
The cost of paraffin, used extensively for lighting and other purposes in households lacking electricity, was also cut to 490 CFA francs/litre from 550.
Civil servants, who number 90,000-100,000, saw their monthly transport allowance more than doubled to 5,000 CFA from 2,000.
"These efforts drawn up and agreed by the government amount to 200 billion CFA francs, which will have to be found from somewhere," said Soro, a former northern rebel leader who was appointed prime minister last year under a deal to reunite the country after a 2002-2003 war.
"As a result we have decided to reduce state expenses, starting with cutting by half salaries for all government ministers , and managing directors of state or parastatal enterprises," he said.
Soro said running costs and investments in government departments would also be cut to help cope with the extra expenditure and reduction in state revenues resulting from the various concessions.

Culled from Thisday newspaper

Hope this will be replicated in Nigeria rather than our government officilas advocating for a blanket removal of subsidy
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by mikelbay(m): 12:03am On Jul 23, 2008
representing 23rd cheesy shout out to all 9iers cheesy we r the biggest single figure.
i welcome all 9iers to: baytomk@yahoo.com just add me.
lets make an impact on 9iraland cheesy
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 6:47am On Jul 23, 2008
@ mikelbay

Hmmm, we're the biggest single figure good point
You are warmly welcome to the thread of the coolest people on earth
Your birthmates thus far are franklinog and scubagirl
Holla @ 'em
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by brodipo: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2008
hey guys any 28th? the luckiest date.
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by brodipo: 7:56am On Jul 23, 2008
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2008
brodipo:

You can say that again
Of course there are 2 birthdaymates of yours on board already,viz;Kunle75,
and Hardknocks
Do well to read through the previous pages so you have the 411 about this thread
Have fun
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by mikelbay(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2008
twice i a year, the lenght of day and night ar equal shocked
one of these days is in the 9 series of dayz (btw 22nd & 23rd of sept)
so let all 9iers celebrate this uniqness ; grin grin grin
and lets represent EQUALITY,
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 24, 2008
16 sept.
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by NobleOnye(f): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2008
hey! september 4 dats it grin
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by mikelbay(m): 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ rasputinn smiley wink cheesy grin
@ franklinog and scubagirl kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2008
kuyet:

16 sept.

Hey you Kuyet,are french
your name sounds french i.e if the t is silenced
N E way,ur bdaymates thus far are oscaray and saviano
Do well to holla @ 'em
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2008
Noble Onye:

hey! september 4 that is it grin

Hmmmmmmm,noble onye
Welcome to trhe thread for the noblest of peeps
ur bmates on the thread thus far are omo ibo,myk2mic and jacq
I'm sure u know what do do wink wink wink
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2008
Hi every one,specially our newest reps,hope you're reaching out and making plans for our month
Anyone mind sharing? wink wink wink
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2008
QUOTE ON LEADERSHIP

"A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops.”
John J. Pershing
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2008
QUOTES ON CHARITY

"Charity should begin at home, but should not stay there"
Phillips Brooks

"The highest exercise of charity is charity towards the uncharitable"
J. S. Buckminster

"The truly generous is the truly wise, and he who loves not others, lives unblest"
Henry Home
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by imf(m): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2008
Myine is SEPTEMBER 11, where geat men are born ! sad
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2008
imf:

Myine is SEPTEMBER 11, where geat men are born ! sad

You can say that again
Aloib, bebelac1 happen to be your bmates on the tread already
Do well to read through the previous pages so you have the 411 about this thread
Welcome
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by gabelogan(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2008
hey rasputin

im september 14th, right in the middle.
hell yeah!!
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by saucekid(m): 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2008
if septemba 8th no show now,i go lock this thread
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rampant(f): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2008
saucekid:

if septemba 8th no show now,i go lock this thread

grin grin grin where have thou been all dis while?'
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by ikamefa(f): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2008
sept 29th ! cant wait jare tongue
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by pfeifer(f): 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2008
September 20th, peoples, aw u all doing,
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by nthnymarce(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2008
world terrorist day, sept 11th. b.laden can hook up
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2008
gabe_logan:

hey rasputin

im september 14th, right in the middle.
hell yeah!!

Hey you logan
how's tricks?right in the middle you said,thank goodness I have a very innocent mind,hence I won't construe your "right in the middle for another thing" wink wink wink
Meanwhile Creamychic,Senator JD,Manickal,Mykali are your bmates thus far on the thread
Welcome
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
pfeifer:

September 20th, peoples, aw u all doing,

We're good pfiefer,how 'bout urself
Well,ur bmate thus far is frontview
Holla
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2008
nthnymarce:

world terrorist day, sept 11th. b.laden can hook up

Hey,sup wit yu man,givin us a jaw breaker for a name
How d'you pronounce ur username
Well ur bmates namely;Aloib, bebelac1,imf are asking for the English translation of ur username grin grin grin grin
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 6:53am On Jul 29, 2008
rampant:

grin grin grin where have thou been all this while?'

All over the world looking for his bmates grin grin grin grin
So are you one?
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by candylips(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2008
@poster

oops i thought you said bedmates  wink
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by Romans(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2008
me, my mama say she born me on d 12th
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by freeranger(m): 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2008
My first post--------
I read one post dem talk say Librans are conflicting angry
befor i start make i halla traditionally!!!!
"May kolanut last long 4 d mouth of all Librans who value am,
and may our ancestors shine light 4 their parts.
And for u who say librans dey conflicting,
May our Ancestors blow ur roof off wit strong breeze---- ameeen sad

Great men are born in sep. smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply)

Woman Throws Money In Bundle At Event (Video) / Police Officers, Gloria And Chinedum Okonkwo Wed In Abuja (Photos) / Agbo Jedi Shared As A Wedding Souvenir In Nigeria (Photo, Video)