Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34359 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 25, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Oops. To answer the question, I've been in the USA my whole life and will return to Nigeria within the next two years for another visit. A long-term goal is to open at least one clinic there when I finish school, but it depends on the state of Nigeria.[/size]

My mom is actually trying to open a clinical in Ado right now....and its not easy...in fact, the government are not making it easy for her at all....you might want to just save ur money....

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 7:26pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

My mom is actually trying to open a clinical in Ado right now....and its not easy...in fact, the government are not making it easy for her at all....you might want to just save ur money....
i don´t believe you
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 25, 2013
Mishydoo: Weighing both points made (homebased and away)I have come to ɑ conclusion.ITS TIME TO ABANDON THE SINKING SHIP!I A̶̲̥̅♏ a fresh graduate from med school,one of d best in my class,am not about to waste away my future.so Diaspora here we go...!!!

GOODLUCK!

egberi papa Jonathan...
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by collynzo2(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2013
Kslib:
See your mouth. It took the police 30 minutes to appear at the scene where a soldier was killed on a busy road for that matter WHILE in naija those two guys would have been dealt with before 25 seconds sef..

You took that right out of my mouth fingers.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 7:27pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

good story..but I dont believe you...

if you think that is story then you are definitely not in yankee...

I can equally say you sef you no dey dia...it's obvious you never planted Anything tangible in naija, that's why you see your accomplishment in oyinbo land as manner from heaven...

The other guy that said he got admission to Duke university I can equally call him a liar..!! Things dey happen leave small pikin talk....

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Amya(f): 7:29pm On May 25, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]No. I'm convinced that whatever knowledge Nigerians have of the US, especially in the village, is that people go abroad and pick money from money trees. A very bad preconceived notion of "everyone who is abroad is wealthy". I'll speak for myself. When we went home, our relatives, particularly those in the village, literally folded their hands and made us do and pay for everything. No hospitality; we stayed in a hotel. There was never any food. If we were lucky, we'd eat twice a day: breakfast at the hotel, and then a snack very late at night, at the hotel. If there was food at my grandfather's compound, it was paid for by my parents and prepared by us. Anything and everything, they demanded that we pay for it. The only person that had her arms open for us was my dad's distant cousin. His siblings got jealous, put their heads together and got four chickens for us to use to cook ofe akwu.

Another example. My parents went home last year to bury my maternal grandfather. Within 10 days of their arrival, they ran out of cash. She and her relatives decided which drinks and such would be provided at the burial. When it was time to pay, they all said they couldn't afford it and looked at my parents.

If anything, I've come to realize that diasporans are making their relatives back home lazy. The kind of lies and sob stories relatives tell to get their loved ones to send cash. A lot of potential for fiction authors in the village. O di egwu.[/size]

Lol. The Nigerians in diaspora who visit the country during festive seasons are the one that spoilt it for you. They way they flash dollars and want to live up to the image that American dollars grow on trees, who's to say people won't milk it.
Since they heard from the been-tos that America is the land flowing with milk and honey, who's to say they won't want to enjoy a little of that. grin
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 25, 2013
ifebosco: i don´t believe you

of course you dont..and thats fine...
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by mistiff007(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2013
Ile-Ife:
which information una dey use style collect with all these intelligence gathering thread?
Gbam... grin,
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 25, 2013
GooseBaba:

I can equally say you sef you no dey dia...it's obvious you never planted Anything tangible in naija, that's why you see your accomplishment in oyinbo land as manner from heaven...

The other guy that said he got admission to Duke university I can equally call him a liar..!! Things dey happen leave small pikin talk....

ok cool..you not there am not there...so lets leave it as that....
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 7:34pm On May 25, 2013
@GoosaBaba

Yeye clarification... You said "richest man".... The names you mention do you think they smell their generator fumes....did you walk 2 feet in their shoes to see if they have sleepless night....you must be under the influence of yeast infection..!!

You will never understand because you have been so debased by
your society and govt.
Go read my post again, I wonder were you got your education from.
My level of exposure can never be compared with yours.
Education has become so bad you cannot comprehend a simple writing.
No wonder your president can't properly read a written speech

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 7:34pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

of course you dont..and thats fine...
you have to channel your anger to the political class,
not the poor mass that need your help.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by MacLovington(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad.

Well with less than 10% comfortable enough to use generator for 24 hours, provide basic amenities for themselves, build high enough security fences, hire police as private security, send thir wards to good schools abroad, travel abroad for medical treatment PLUS widespread fear of armed robbers, Boko, Mbatse, no wonder embassies in Nigeria are full including Ukraine embassy.

The 40 laptop brigade should tell their financiers that the vast majority of Nigerians are not comfortable.

Millions depend on the $20 billion from diaspora annually for school fees, food, clothing, medication/healthcare, funeral, fuel for I-better-pass-my-neighbour gen sets etc.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 7:36pm On May 25, 2013
Always wanting people to come back home so that
they will have enough people to rob and maim.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by gothrones(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2013
MacLovington: Millions depend on the $20 billion from diaspora annually for school fees, food, clothing, medication/healthcare, funeral etc.

Gbam!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by gothrones(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2013
userlist: Always wanting people to come back home so that
LMAO.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 7:38pm On May 25, 2013
userlist:

your society and govt.
with all your education you are runing away
come to nigeria and show your selve up
arrogant fool
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 25, 2013
ifebosco: i don´t believe you

[size=13pt]I've heard similar stories.[/size]

Mr knowitall.:

[size=13pt]Of course. Enemies of progress. I'll still try. Lives of the sick and suffering are worth more than the people sabotaging them.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 7:38pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

ok cool..you not there am not there...so lets leave it as that....

You are the one that wanted suffer head Nigerians to know that you are in America now!!? Haba...!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 25, 2013
ifebosco: you have to channel your anger to the political class,
not the poor mass that need your help.

Anger? naaah anger is not my thing...

im lazily chilling in my house...bout to hit the gym...no anger here...

there is absolutely nothing i can do to help Nigeria...all i can do i live a good life and be a good example so the world can see that Nigerians are good people deserving of help....as i am right now..im investing very heavily in Ghana....that is the best i can do for Nigeria....Nigeria Kwenu

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 7:42pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

there is absolutely nothing i can do to help Nigeria...all i can do i live a good life and be a good example so the world can see that Nigerians are good people deserving of help....as i am right now..im investing very heavily in Ghana....that is the best i can do for Nigeria....Nigeria Kwenu
in ghana, good luck
atleast you remember africa
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 7:43pm On May 25, 2013
userlist:

your society and govt.

Better go to the ER ... Your level of exposure to yeast infection is corroding your mental state of mind..you yarn opata I point it out for you... You still dey yarn opata..!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by MacLovington(m): 7:47pm On May 25, 2013
Amya:

Lol. The Nigerians in diaspora who visit the country during festive seasons are the one that spoilt it for you. They way they flash dollars and want to live up to the image that American dollars grow on trees, who's to say people won't milk it.
Since they heard from the been-tos that America is the land flowing with milk and honey, who's to say they won't want to enjoy a little of that. grin

It's a lie. People just show a bit of generosity when on holiday. Remember most work and work, no time for fun in diaspora so letting your hair down a bit on hols is not "showing off".

The fact is if a person who had no good job goes to say Germany and returns 3 years later with an SUV, the perception is that "that poor chimezie of yeseterday is now rich".

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 7:49pm On May 25, 2013
MacLovington: .

It's a lie. People just show a bit of generosity when on holiday. Remember most work and work, no time for fun in diaspora so letting your hair down a bit on hols is not "showing off".

The fact is if a person who had no good job goes to say Germany and returns 3 years later with an SUV, the perception is that "that poor chimezie of yeseterday is now rich".
and we all forget he has been there for tree years
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 7:52pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

You buy two okada you dey shout investing heavily...it's so obvious that you are day dreaming..because people wey dey run thinz no dey run mouth...
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by MacLovington(m): 7:53pm On May 25, 2013
userlist: Always wanting people to come back home so that

Lol
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 7:53pm On May 25, 2013
@GooseBaba

Better go to the ER ... Your level of exposure to yeast infection is corroding your mental state of mind..you yarn opata I point it out for you... You still dey yarn opata..!

Yeah there is good ER here but unfortunately
your ass got no ER to go to
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 25, 2013
Abroad ke? I live in naija. Don't envy those there at all, my friend has been there for the past 5years, no work, no money, still begging her dad in naija to send her money. As nothing show, she is planning to return home as a single mum if she stick to her decision of not wantting to live where her boyfriend want. I say boyfriend cos they are not married, she got preggy outa wedlock. Boyfriend is back to naija now and she still dey there with no money and with a baby.

I was calling d man her hubby before, but she go yap u wen u asked 'wat of ur hubby?'.

Naija, all the way, let's rock it together. Can just travel for hols.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 7:55pm On May 25, 2013
@GooseBaba

Are you sure you are not an OKADA rider
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Mariojane(f): 7:56pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.
.stop deceiving urself Mr man or whteva u re cos u did nt leave Nigeria.wit d way u re talking it shows u neva step out of d country,u re just saying wht u watch in movies. There is no country dt doesn't have d flaws u just mention. Reduce ur Hollywood movies maybe then u will see clearer

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 7:59pm On May 25, 2013
userlist:

I will never relocate fully because of greedy jealous fools like you.
My response was not directed at you but you felt it is your duty to respond
to it.
If you are smart you would have checked my earlier post where I stated that
I made a wrong move by moving my business to that backward country to educate and contribute
my quota, voila the greedy fools like you almost finished my entire enterprise.
What else do your sorry ass want me to do. Come back and give your sick head what is left.
Most of us that love that country with our heart try to help but most of you are so daft we cannot
comprehend y'all.

You see your self.... Someone else noticed your problem...point of correction you are not helping anyone you are simply helping yourself to accomplish your goals...don't delude yourself thinking you are helping anybody..this your education wey you dey take gra gra dey tell us here...am thinking you are the first person in your family to bag a UNI degree... Am I right or am I right ..? Talk true...
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 25, 2013
Since I started drinking custard or pap every morning,I don't feel like coming home again
I feel at home here

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

The Most Amazing , Beautiful Places In The World – Visit Once Before You Die / Truck On Fire At Iwo Road Ibadan (Photos) / My Trip To Malta and Gozo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.