Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34255 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 25, 2013
vizboy: *On my kneels*

please if u are in diaspora please dont bother coming back. The road is bad no light Bh boyz and we are too much in these country so please do us a favour and dont comeback

Truely son.... U had Nigerian education... On my Kneels? shocked
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by alajor(m): 6:04pm On May 25, 2013
I've been living in south africa for d past 8yrs. I'm coming to 9ja in june(next month),already bought my flight ticket. I'll b stayin for 2weeks though.I hope to marry from home so I better start looking now.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 6:08pm On May 25, 2013
If you guys are so good back how come
your president and other government officials come here
all the time begging for our expertise and to come develop Nigeria.
Our Remittance that provide food and foreign exchange for y'all
back home is only second to what Nigeria realize from oil export each year.

Remember Bianca Ojokwu, she was made Special Assistant to GEJ on Diaspora matters.
Grow up guys

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 25, 2013
GooseBaba:

Pessimistic prophet of slow motion.... Dude na that one you wish for your generation....I hail oooo..

do you want me to sugar coat it for you? I have to be honest...the biggest problem with Nigeria is the Nigerian mentality...and thats not going away anytime soon...so yes 200 years from now i believe it will be gone....but the pride, arrogance, and unwillingness to learn from others is really killing Nigeria...countries like south Africa can teach Nigeria a lot if not but pride...calling themselves giant of Africa...is that even something to be proud of?...good luck for Nigeria sha...

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 6:11pm On May 25, 2013
@ Mr knowitall

do you want me to sugar coat it for you? I have to be honest...the biggest problem with Nigeria is the Nigerian mentality...and thats not going away anytime soon...so yes 200 years from now i believe it will be gone....but the pride, arrogance, and unwillingness to learn from others is really killing Nigeria...countries like south Africa can teach Nigeria a lot if not but pride...calling themselves giant of Africa...is that even something to be proud of?...good luck for Nigeria sha...

You hit the nail at the head.
Pride and they have nothing.
Go back home and they will kneel for your Dollars

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by gothrones(m): 6:12pm On May 25, 2013
When your government officials and rich folks take ill, guess where they go for treatment.

Hint: It is not in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 6:14pm On May 25, 2013
@lastpage

So, EVERYONE in Nigeria is comfortable, right?

And EVERY NIGERIAN that lives abroad is POOR?

Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, lived abroad....just to mention two glaring examples!

Its not always about money (even if the money was got from corruption and sycophancy ala Govt bootlicking!), at times, such decisions are based on family/children issues.

As for me, Nigeria will always be HOME, no matter how bad things get.
I wish it was better (just give me electricity ONLY, even if it is just 18 hrs and regular!) ....other things l can cater for but how can l build my own Power Station? huh huh

Generator fumes is killing a lot of Nigerians but they dont know it, Cancer rate is astronomical but they cant figure it out
.... yet some folks think those who decide to live abroad are poor, huh?
Have you ever wondered: despite all the money our "Governors and Big Politicians have stolen, when they get sick, WHERE DO THEY RUN TO?
The same Hospital we in Diaspora use! grin grin That alone should set you thinking.
I dont want to name them but l remember our last President died in a foreign hospital, the wives of two others died in a foreign hospital, another one was "healed" in a foreign hospital, not to mention their husbands!

See what l mean by "its not all about money"?

I just hope and pray our Nigerian leaders (and their bootlickers!) would have the fear of God in them and stop SLASHING the QUALITY OF LIFE and LIFE EXPECTANCY of Nigerians, BY HALF!

I come home every year! I just love my country, too much. I wish l would retire back home, when the time comes. kiss

On one of my trips home, l took two of my kids to all the "shanty areas of Lagos alone", because l want them to "appreciate what God has done for them"! They could not believe the suffering they saw!
Since them, anything they dont need anymore but is still "useable", is carefully bagged and given to charity back 'home'!
And they stopped throwing whole chicken into the bin or wasting food, just because they have it plenty!

Lastpage!

BTW, its not a "fight" between Nigerians at home and those in diaspora.
we should be complementing each other, there are ways we can be useful to one another and all this "ego, beefing and forming big man" should have no-place in our interactions!

God Bless You
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by dukenestor(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2013
userlist: Stop this nonsense about coming to Naija.
I tried to contribute my quota by setting up
a business there in 2010. Guess what, those morons
who only know one way of life (corruption) tried and are
still trying to frustrate me.
Y'al should stop this village mentality that Nigerians who
reside outside the country does menial jobs.

The richest man in Nigeria live like the poorest
human in Canada.
Na fat lie.... Pls giv me name or names.Who 4 canada get moni pass Dangote? Talk nw or 4 eva remain silent and retalk ur talk
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Amya(f): 6:15pm On May 25, 2013
userlist: If you guys are so good back how come
your president and other government officials come here
all the time begging for our expertise and to come develop Nigeria.
Our Remittance that provide food and foreign exchange for y'all
back home is only second to what Nigeria realize from oil export each year.

Remember Bianca Ojokwu, she was made Special Assistant to GEJ on Diaspora matters.
Grow up guys

Are you a Nigerian or not? If you are, whether or not you live in another country, my problem is your problem. My cross is your cross. You can run away for ever, but your identity is your identity. It's not a you against them situation. You are a Nigerian
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by VicGoodGuy(m): 6:21pm On May 25, 2013
Omavik: I wil b a nigerian in diaspora nxt yr by hs grace... I wil comment properly den

Exactly the same here.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 6:22pm On May 25, 2013
dukenestor:
Na fat lie.... Pls giv me name or names.Who 4 canada get moni pass Dangote? Talk nw or 4 eva remain silent and retalk ur talk

David Thompson 20.1 billion dollars

Galen Weston 9 billion dollars

Arthur Irvin 8.7 billion dollars

Edward Rogers 6.5 billion dollars
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Amya(f): 6:25pm On May 25, 2013
The truth is, those Nigerians that migrate to other country because they want a more quality life are the very reason we will never develop. The oyinbo's that made the west what it is today did not flee their country when it was bad and torn up in wars and other terrible things. Rather they built their country to what they wanted it to be. What we have here now is folks that run at the first sight of trouble. London people developed london, Nigerian people, develop your own country!

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 6:25pm On May 25, 2013
userlist: Stop this nonsense about coming to Naija.
I tried to contribute my quota by setting up
a business there in 2010. Guess what, those morons
who only know one way of life (corruption) tried and are
still trying to frustrate me.
Y'al should stop this village mentality that Nigerians who
reside outside the country does menial jobs.

The richest man in Nigeria live like the poorest
human in Canada.

Really ..!!! Poorest human in Canada.... Aunty mi .. I so believe you have yeast infection that is why you typed this nonsense ....

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 6:25pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Lol not my generation? how old do you think I am? im pretty sure you are much older than me.....even for my 5 year old daughters generation...Nigeria has already lost...toooo much corruption, religion, cave menish mentality, lack of women and children rights....strong education infrastructure.....arrogance, pride and suffering and smiling syndrome....is killing Nigeria.....200 years from now...Nigeria will be where the U.S is today....damn shame to all Nigerians
some 10years ago i use to thing like you,one day your eye will open, and you will learn that the country that you live abroad was build by people like me and you.if all of us run away, who will build nigeria?? now is our time, we have to do something or remain abroad for ever

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 25, 2013
Amya: The truth is, those Nigerians that migrate to other country because they want a more quality life are the very reason we will never develop. The oyinbo's that made the west what it is today did not flee their country when it was bad and torn up in wars and other terrible things. Rather they built their country to what they wanted it to be. What we have here now is folks that run at the first sight of trouble. London people developed london, Nigerian people, develop your own country!

But if you had the opportunity to run to the U.S or U.K would you not do it?
most Nigerians were saying the smae thing before the got visas....

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 6:29pm On May 25, 2013
ifebosco: some 10years ago i use to thing like you,one day your eye will open, and you will learn that the country that you live abroad was build by people like me and you.if all of us run away, who will build nigeria?? now is our time, we have to do something or remain abroad for ever

It is not possible to build a country together when your vote does not count. The will of the people is never respected. A country where rigging of election is the order of the day. A country where election results are prepared before the election takes place.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by trolling(m): 6:30pm On May 25, 2013
J-fast:
To say the truth a lot of people dont even have the means of returning except they are deported back home.
I'd prefer them to stay there than come and suffer in Naija
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Naijamericana: 6:33pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz:

What papers?

Hahaha...I feel the same way bro...there are more opportunities for naija professionals in americana than in naija. Especially if you have the blue passport!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by dukenestor(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz:

David Thompson 20.1 billion dollars

Galen Weston 9 billion dollars

Arthur Irvin 8.7 billion dollars

Edward Rogers 6.5 billion dollars
No Nigerian base in Canada in ur listz.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 25, 2013
ifebosco: some 10years ago i use to thing like you,one day your eye will open, and you will learn that the country that you live abroad was build by people like me and you.if all of us run away, who will build nigeria?? now is our time, we have to do something or remain abroad for ever

Do what exactly? I do my small part...I send my used shoes, cloth and phones home....until Nigerians are ready for a revolution..thats all I can do.....
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by KayDee4: 6:35pm On May 25, 2013
Amya: The truth is, those Nigerians that migrate to other country because they want a more quality life are the very reason we will never develop. The oyinbo's that made the west what it is today did not flee their country when it was bad and torn up in wars and other terrible things. Rather they built their country to what they wanted it to be. What we have here now is folks that run at the first sight of trouble. London people developed london, Nigerian people, develop your own country!

. . . and have you heard that too many cooks spoil the broth, we can't all be in the kitchen (Nigeria) at the same time. Diasporans contribute in our own different ways to the advancement of Nigeria.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 6:35pm On May 25, 2013
dukenestor:
No Nigerian base in Canada in ur listz.

Check your initial post again. You asked for four Canadians that are richer than Dangote.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Lakayana: 6:36pm On May 25, 2013
Thanks for the advices I was planning too to go abroad like Cameron visa things spoil show.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by trolling(m): 6:37pm On May 25, 2013
rozayx5:

stop saying what you dont know, armed guards arrived after 25 minutes, was not blind when i saw that on CNN undecided undecided undecided
Our President cancelled some appointments abroad cause of the SOE and the Nasarrawa crisis, so shut down and stay in the diaspora we dont need u guys back home, you might just end up collateral damage, the last time i checked Africa's richest man was not in the diaspora, Nigeria is for made men, if you cant survive here, stay wherever you are and stop spewing thras h about a Country you left behind to do menial jobs in the name of diaspora
undecided undecided undecided
Their menial job is better than your professional jobs, thats fact

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 25, 2013

[size=13pt]Well, that depends. The United States is a nation of immigrants, founded by immigrants, and built by immigrants. Those immigrants left troubling situations in their own homes for a chance to be more than what they were at home.

What of Nigerians back home though? I don't know how many Nigerians are in diaspora, but is it up to the population of those currently in Nigeria? I'm all for Nigerians building Nigeria too, but you can't truly say that diasporans are the reason why Nigeria won't develop. Take a look at Nigeria and ask yourself why it is the way it is. The reason why Nigeria won't develop is the very same reason why people leave for greener pastures. Corruption is a parasite.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by AZeD1(m): 6:41pm On May 25, 2013
Actually the people that built London and every other developed country did not vote their president because he was from their region/tribe/religion e.t.c

Can you say that about Nigeria and Nigerians?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by InvertedHammer: 6:41pm On May 25, 2013
USA since 2008.

Travel to Nigeria 2-3 times in a year and stay for 1 month.
Most I have stayed was 7 months (in 2010).

I will keep doing it this way.

No intention of moving back to Nigeria for good now b/c it doesn't make sense.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 6:44pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

But if you had the opportunity to run to the U.S or U.K would you not do it?
most Nigerians were saying the smae thing before the got visas....

Bros that is the general mis- conception people vomit from their mouth... I have witness 3 Nigerians that won visa lottery...upon getting there they saw how the hustle was ..starting from scratch" 2 of the guys pack their bags and went back to naija. Back then if you stayed outside naija for over 10 months your green card gets canceled..today they are living fine. The 3rd guy had to ruff it out because he sold his properties ....lets stop this heaven and hell business ...

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by esanland: 6:45pm On May 25, 2013
O
ebamma: Im at home , but due to the security situation at home am planning to relocate to afghanistan
O boy,l hear u o. Carry go. Double wahala for dead body, l just dey laugh o lol
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 25, 2013
GooseBaba: Bros that is the general mis- conception people vomit from their mouth... I have witness 3 Nigerians that won visa lottery...upon getting there they saw how the hustle was ..starting from scratch" 2 of the guys pack their bags and went back to naija. Back then if you stayed outside naija for over 10 months your green card gets canceled..today they are living fine. The 3rd guy had to ruff it out because he sold his properties ....lets stop this heaven and hell business ...

[size=13pt]The general misconception is that one can enter the US or UK and money and big life will await you. One has to work hard and long for his or her success. No one said it's easy.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 6:46pm On May 25, 2013
@ dukenestor

You are one of the reasons I put that statement up there.
Everything in life to most Nigerians has to be money.
That is why some of you will kill, steal, rob and do all kinds
of unthinkable things, like govt. officials.

Money isnt everything...When you have good health you are a millionaire

The richest

David Thomson, 3rd Baron Thomson of Fleet $20.10billion
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by cantell(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.
Haha. . . .you go wait long o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / Fiberesima Ama: A Hidden Island In Rivers State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.