Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34249 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 1:57pm On May 25, 2013
Kslib:
For those of you who do not like reading long posts,let me summarize:
THIS GUY SAID "HE NEVER WISHES TO COME HOME"

I am married here with two kids. I do want to come home. As a matter of fact, I have a house going on and more than 70% complete but I am not ready to complete it unless situation improves in Nigeria. I do want to be coming home with my kids every Christmas but I don't want to come there and have to sleep with one eye open.

9 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by chaloner(m): 1:58pm On May 25, 2013
SLIDE waxie: u overrate urself dude. Who needs ur head? They wld jes dust u aside sef.

And besides, like d OP said,'most of u av built a career dt coming home might be difficult'.

I agree. some work at the tube in UK, some at d mine, some clean shoes and av gotten a lotta costomers! Some, like u is in d prison in kenya.

We undstnd everything. Except u are a genius, and most sorted after, what fuckin good job is there? Esp dt overrated UK. USA is still a place to hustle clean and hit hard, jes like NIGERIA.

wats buzzless u men? Y showin ur frustrated career? Dats suit u not guy. Well wat u said is true but for me homie , I'm so cooll and over chiling men ...... U won't understand ..... Love u . One love

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by alphaconde(m): 2:00pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.

You sound as if every other person u left down here have been consumed by these problems. Well FYI many of us are doing well and feel when u guys return our chances become slimmer. Stay over there that's how obama became obama

7 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad.
thats so not true!

6 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by jimjones: 2:05pm On May 25, 2013
as soon as nepa give light.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Jfast: 2:09pm On May 25, 2013
To say the truth a lot of people dont even have the means of returning except they are deported back home.

19 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by chiderao: 2:11pm On May 25, 2013
It depends where you call home for me Naija is not a home
and i have been leaving abroad for the past 16yrs have settled down here
can only visit Naija once in a year and cross my finger for safely return
that country Naija God have mercy for the youths :

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by coolzeal(m): 2:15pm On May 25, 2013
Soon enough.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by daylae(m): 2:16pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.
then you never coming home. . And they say "home is where you find it".
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by dridowu: 2:16pm On May 25, 2013
Can i ever go back home permanently? dou i was born & breed in lagos, but i still visit my home (Odogbolu) once in 2yrs
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 25, 2013
there is no point in coming back to Nigeria....its a waste of time and money...too damn unstable

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by coogar: 2:17pm On May 25, 2013
Kslib:
See your mouth. It took the police 30 minutes to appear at the scene where a soldier was killed on a busy road for that matter WHILE in naija those two guys would have been dealt with before 25 seconds sef..

you are a pathological liar....

30 mins before police arrived? it took 4 minutes for the first caller to get the details of the incident, and armed police arrived after 9 minutes - making it around 13/14 mins.

a soldier got killed and became a national crisis in the UK, 90 policemen were murdered in nassarawa state and your president didn't even make a speech concerning the incident.

36 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by rabosh(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2013
Been in the US since 1993 right after youth service at 23. I am at home in the US, home is not where you are born but where you are given opportunities to express your abilities, the sanctity of your human person is respected and guaranteed reward for your honest endeavors. NAIJA I'll always be but home is where I am now.

25 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 2:23pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

30 mins before police arrived? it took 4 minutes for the first caller to get the details of the incident, and armed police arrived after 9 minutes - making it around 13/14 mins.

a soldier got killed and became a national crisis in the UK, 90 policemen were murdered in nassarawa state and your president didn't even make a speech concerning the incident.

I don't know where these people are getting all these wrong information from. These people need to travel abroad and see how backward Nigeria is.

7 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by rozayx5(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

stop saying what you dont know, armed guards arrived after 25 minutes, was not blind when i saw that on CNN undecided undecided undecided
Our President cancelled some appointments abroad cause of the SOE and the Nasarrawa crisis, so shut down and stay in the diaspora we dont need u guys back home, you might just end up collateral damage, the last time i checked Africa's richest man was not in the diaspora, Nigeria is for made men, if you cant survive here, stay wherever you are and stop spewing thras h about a Country you left behind to do menial jobs in the name of diaspora
undecided undecided undecided

27 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by tyson55(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2013
I have been living outside Nigeria for a very long time (close to 20yrs) and the last time i visit was in 2007. But i'll be coming home soon to visit, let's say in a months time by God's grace, to spend summer holiday. I miss Naija much !

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by claremont(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2013
I'm at 'home' where I'm living at the moment, no such thing as a diaspora for me. This is where I live, work, would raise my kids, and this is where I would die. I wasn't born here, but this is my 'home'.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 25, 2013
rozayx5:

stop saying what you dont know, armed guards arrived after 25 minutes, was not blind when i saw that on CNN undecided undecided undecided
Our President cancelled some appointments abroad cause of the SOE and the Nasarrawa crisis, so shut down and stay in the diaspora we dont need u guys back home, you might just end up collateral damage, the last time i checked Africa's richest man was not in the diaspora, Nigeria is for made men, if you cant survive here, stay wherever you are and stop spewing thras h about a Country you left behind

what are you defending? you mean to say that Nigeria is better than U.K?

6 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 25, 2013
rozayx5:

Our President cancelled some appointments abroad cause of the SOE and the Nasarrawa crisis, so shut down and stay in the diaspora we dont need u guys back home, you might just end up collateral damage, the last time i checked Africa's richest man was not in the diaspora, Nigeria is for made men, if you cant survive here, stay wherever you are and stop spewing thras h about a Country you left behind

it took 14 mins, what are you saying ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329648/Police-commander-forced-defend-response-time-desperate-Woolwich-killing-999-calls-claims-armed-officers-14-minutes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by UyiIredia(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

lol at the idea that the killing of a British soldier is a national crisis. Get a life dude !

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by coogar: 2:29pm On May 25, 2013
rozayx5:

Our President cancelled some appointments abroad cause of the SOE and the Nasarrawa crisis, so shut down and stay in the diaspora we dont need u guys back home, you might just end up collateral damage

you are a tool!

armed policemen arrived after 14 mins, policemen don't carry arms usually so they have to wait for the armed response unit! unarmed policemen were already in place by the corner cordoning the street!

besides, the witnesses told the dispatcher the men were not leaving. the police thought they had a bomb in their bags to detonate so the situation had to be carefully looked into. the 25/30 mins quoted on CNN was a "witness report" and they have been known to be inaccurate!

Uyi Iredia:
lol at the idea that the killing of a British soldier is a national crisis. Get a life dude !

shut your trap, you serial wänker!

7 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by toshmann(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2013
I will return, chinua Achebe style tongue. [size=5pt]when I'm dead[/size]

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 25, 2013
toshmann: I will return, chinua Achebe style tongue. [size=5pt]when I'm dead[/size]

undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 2:31pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

you are a tool!

armed policemen arrived after 14 mins, policemen don't carry arms usually so they have to wait for the armed response unit! unarmed policemen were already in place by the corner condoning the street!

besides, the witnesses told the dispatcher the men were not leaving. the police thought they had a bomb in their bags to detonate so the situation had to be carefully looked into. the 25/30 mins quoted on CNN was a "witness report" and they have been known to be inaccurate!

As a matter of fact, police got there within 5 minutes but had to wait for armed police officers to arrive. Police officers in UK normally don't carry arms.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by coogar: 2:32pm On May 25, 2013
adaobi123:

it took 14 mins, what are you saying ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329648/Police-commander-forced-defend-response-time-desperate-Woolwich-killing-999-calls-claims-armed-officers-14-minutes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

that's how nigerians carry stüpid rumours - 30 mins to respond to an emergency? when they are not NPF that would give excuses that there's no fuel or bullets in their arms!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by miredia(m): 2:35pm On May 25, 2013
9ja on monday....
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by rozayx5(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

what are you defending? you mean to say that Nigeria is better than U.K?

Your not even ashamed, comparing your house with your neighbours house, Tell me Nigeria's history and Britain History, last time i checked Britain colonised African for many years, running away from your home country to pay taxes in a foreign country and dissing your home country from abroad, expecting Angel Michael to fall from heaven and turn Nigeria to Britain, am not saying we are there yet, but if project Nigeria is to work it will work with young and brave minds, it will not work through scaredy cats that ran abroad for belle affairs undecided undecided

seems you dont read much, RECOMMENDED TEXT - How Europe Under developed Africa - Author (google)

23 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

that's how nigerians carry stüpid rumours - 30 mins to respond to an emergency? when they are not NPF that would give excuses that there's no fuel or bullets in their arms!

That's the Nigerian police force for ya. Smh undecided
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Opoki(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2013
dridowu: Can i ever go back home permanently? dou i was born & breed in lagos, but i still visit my home (Odogbolu) once in 2yrs
I served in Odogbolu many years ago. What a lovely environment, not populated, calm and serene. I still visit the place till 2009 but they later transferred the LGI.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 25, 2013
The epileptic power suply and heat make me regret returning.

Asides that life has been good.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by coogar: 2:39pm On May 25, 2013
OMO IBO: The epileptic power suply and heat make me regret returning.

Asides that life has been good.

you are in lagos now? waow......what's the experience like?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Fiberesima Ama: A Hidden Island In Rivers State (Video) / FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion / Traffic Diversion As President Emmanuel Macron Visits Afrika Shrine, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.