Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day (4193 Views)

How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site / Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by OsunIfe: 6:12pm On May 24, 2013
The Chairman of the Oodua World Children Day, Oguntola Toogun has revealed plans to stage the 2013 edition of the Oodua World Children’s Day in Osun state.
The Osun State Government has said it will celebrate all descendants of Oduduwa living within and outside Nigeria on May 27th 2013 at the 'Oodua World Children Day'.

Chairman of the proposed fiesta who is also the Assistant Chief of Staff to the Governor, Hon. Oguntola Toogun disclosed this in Osogbo while speaking about the activities lined up for this year's Children Day celebration in the state.
Hon. Toogun said the invitation was extended to the traditional rulers and school children from at least nine Yoruba Speaking states in line with the regional integration agenda of the present administration in the state.

He said there are at least 30 traditional rulers based in Republic of Benin who are direct descendants of Okanbi including Alaketu of Ketu, Onisabe of Sabe, Onipopo of Popo, Olukoyi of Ajase-Ile as well as Afonja descendants in Ilorin and other Yoruba speaking places will grace the occasion.
He said that the school children from nine Yoruba speaking places such as Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Edo, Delta, Kwara and Kogi were also invited for the conference.

Adding that: "the state government would also showcase the calisthenics display which it re-invigorated last year in the state." While appealing to the people of the state to cooperate and show love to the visitors, Toogun said that the Alafin of Oyo and Ooni of Ife, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi and Oba Okunade Sijuwade Olubuse II have been of great assistance in linking the Yorubas in Republic of Benin and other places.

On the preparation for the visiting school children, Toogun said that all school pupils coming for the event from Lagos, Ogun and Oyo State would come by train, while others from Ondo, Ekiti, Edo, Delta, Kwara and Kogi will arrive in the state through several coaster buses assigned for the trip.

He assured that adequate security arrangement have been made with the assistance of the police and other security operatives in the state. 5,000 school pupils are expected to participate in the calisthenics display with preparations ongoing in this regard.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305130065.html/

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/24/osun-to-host-2013-oodua-world-childrens-day/

9 Likes

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by OsunIfe: 6:13pm On May 24, 2013
Odududuwa yo gbe gbogbowa o..

8 Likes

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 24, 2013
Osun adara

1 Like

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Tolexander: 6:24pm On May 24, 2013
Osun•Ife:
eeese!
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 24, 2013
Tolexander: eeese!

it should be 'Aase' not 'eeese' undecided
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Tolexander: 6:37pm On May 24, 2013
dotNaira:

that is Ife dialect for you [size=16pt]éése[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
Tolexander: that is Ife dialect for you [size=16pt]éése[/size]

My bad, I meant the general Oyo dialect.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by EkoAtlantic: 6:50pm On May 24, 2013
OSUN, truly the state of the living spring.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by EkoAtlantic: 6:53pm On May 24, 2013
dotNaira:

Any difference?
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by isalegan2: 6:58pm On May 24, 2013
Tolexander: that is Ife dialect for you [size=16pt]éése[/size]

undecided
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by IB5(f): 7:05pm On May 24, 2013

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Tolexander: 7:07pm On May 24, 2013
dotNaira:

My bad, I meant the general Oyo dialect.
must i follow conventional rule?
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by PaulJohn1: 7:17pm On May 24, 2013
Tolexander: must i follow conventional rule?

Sorry man, you should understand why they all want to tear you down. grin
Ife's dialect is not well known to those outside Osun, even as an Osun Indegene, I am only trying to understand that dialect(Ifes'). Oyo is more widely spoken and easier to understand.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Tolexander: 7:20pm On May 24, 2013
Paul John:

Ife's dialect is not well known to those outside Osun, even as an Osun Indegene, I am only trying to understand that dialect(Ifes'). Oyo is more widely spoken and easier to understand.
thanks jare John.

And he shouldn't have said it isn't correct. He should have asked for the meaning
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by PaulJohn1: 7:30pm On May 24, 2013
Tolexander: thanks jare John.

And he shouldn't have said it isn't correct. He should have asked for the meaning

You are welcome.

They need to hear those from Ekiti/Ondo and West side of Ogun speak Yoruba, then they get more confused. Oyo seems to be what they are all good at irrespective of their state or how lost they are. grin
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by seunny4lif(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2013
Paul John:

You are welcome.

They need to hear those from Ekiti/Ondo and West side of Ogun speak Yoruba, then they get more confused. Oyo seems to be what they are all good at irrespective of their state or how lost they are. grin
Ikale & ilaje yoruba,sweet die....
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by PaulJohn1: 8:02pm On May 24, 2013
seunny4lif: Ikale & ilaje yoruba,sweet die....

You don't mean it, sweet? Lol
You must be one to have said that. Can't cope with those dialects, too difficult to comprehend.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Nobody: 6:48am On May 25, 2013
Brilliant idea.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by kunlekunle: 7:24am On May 25, 2013
Paul John:

oyo dialect was adopted by all yorubas so we can have a homogenious language (tonque) when the empire was the rallying point
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by johnstar(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2013
Osun•Ife:
come o, dts my school 'oduduwa', nd whr ar dey doing d stuff, anyway, ah don old, no need 2 go der, bt na gals 1 make me go der cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by ninja4life(m): 10:35am On May 25, 2013
U guys should stop posting off-topic.@ op nice initiative ile yoruba oni baje o amin aseee
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Desola(f): 10:43am On May 25, 2013
Awa t'eko ma represent baje baje! We full ground for una! Eko for show!

Excuse me, why no special invite to republic du Benin? Make our Franco Yoruba people dem come show us how it's done
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by wheesin(m): 10:47am On May 25, 2013
world ke ? Hw worldy is it and how many countries are for oodua..watever. Osun a dara ke ? Datz a photocopy of eko oni baje..copycats..EDO BOY to the core !!!
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Desola(f): 10:47am On May 25, 2013
isale_gan2:

undecided

Excuse me, are you not ibo?
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by ibrash600: 11:06am On May 25, 2013
great gbo gbo omo ile kaaro ojire.....
Awa ti offa gaan ma represent.. ''OFFA OO, ANAMON NBE''
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Melancholy(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2013
Let our people in benin republic coming to osun for this event use this opportunity to trace their lost home.Don't get it twisted ''home sweet home''.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by amarilo: 11:28am On May 25, 2013
Melancholy: Let our people in benin republic coming to osun for this event use this opportunity to trace their lost home.Don't get it twisted ''home sweet home''.
The once in benin are a yourubas but the machete dudu in london is not.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by amarilo: 11:29am On May 25, 2013
amarilo: The once in benin are a yourubas but the machete dudu in london is not.
tongue
amarilo: The once in benin are a yourubas but the machete dudu in london is not.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Ikenganri(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2013
Wish u success though i am igbo. If na we, aro and nri would have been fighting over who is head now. Igboland north and south would have been divided

4 Likes

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 25, 2013
Nice one. Omo Yoruba ni mi oooo. Swaggar.....
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by SamAfrik(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2013
Nice concept. This Gov is really trying to take yoruba conciousness to a new height sha. Welcome all participants to my state.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Ufeolorun(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2013
A proper assessment would tell us the standard Yoruba we speak is actually Lagos-Yoruba not Oyo. The economic influence of Lagos has continued to shape the way we speak the language and may threaten all the various dialects.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him / Shame: Israel’s Hails Jonathan As Nigeria Block Palestinian UN Resolution / So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.