Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,460 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

US Drones Spy On Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Drones Spy On Boko Haram (25265 Views)

We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / GEJ's CYBERCRIME BILL Allows FG To Spy On Nigerians - Death Sentence For Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by billante(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2013
When ever I watch boko haram videos like the recent one they were celebrating the arms catchment they captured from mongoro barracks......all goes through my mind is, see nice shot for a drone missile.....it will be a lame duck shot with no collateral damage at all cause they are in an open field in the desert!

But come to think of it when was d last we heard of a major BH attack? Since SOE I haven't heard of one.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Tinyemeka(m): 11:04am On May 25, 2013
lanre2009:
A top intelligence official, who declined to be named due to the sensitive nature of the issue, told Saturday PUNCH that US drones had been spying on Boko Haram bases in the forests and plains around Nigeria’s borders with Niger, Chad and Cameroon.

Forests at Nigeria's borders with Niger and Chad?
Hmm...
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Jakumo(m): 11:11am On May 25, 2013
I like to think of armed Predator drones as The Divine Hand of God, reaching down from the heavens to send bad guys to heaven.

Thank you Jeeeesus !

Oh yes, and thanks to Uncle Sam as well, for providing these majestic and wondrous birds of prey that are now visiting a terrorist training-camp near you, so that all present there can get straight in line for their promised 72 in heaven, without even getting the chance to fire a shot in anger.

Thank you Lord.

1 Like

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Originalsly: 11:20am On May 25, 2013
Can the drones detect terrorists from civilians fleeing across the borders?....or in camps? How many innocent people have been wiped out in Afghanistan and Pakistan all because of drones? Collateral damage? And do we believe that the drones will only be looking for terrorists? This is an invitation for invasion.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by haleonic: 11:20am On May 25, 2013
Clean heart, not pilgrimage will decide our hereafter - Oshiomhole
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has noted that "only clean heart , rather than pilgrimage is what will decide our place hereafter."
Governor Oshiomhole stated this on Thursday when he granted audience to the zonal Federal Commissioners and officials of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission at the Government House, Benin City, saying that his administration would not subsidise payment for pilgrimage for citizens of the state.
According to the governor, "for those who want to travel for pilgrimage, we cannot discourage them. But what I am not ready to do is to take tax payers money to subsidise pilgrimage for someone who wishes to go and pray. I have issues with that because people who pay taxes work so hard to pay."
Oshiomhole noted that Edo State was facing so much developmental challenges, hence the inability of his administration to subsidise the money that would be paid by people who want to embark on pilgrimage.
"If you look at the totality of the challenges we face, many are homeless, there are so many communities without water, many schools have been rebuilt and still many more to be done, so many people are unemployed and many are hungry and quite a number are in hospital who are not able to pay their bills. When you look at all these and several other problems, I am of the conclusion that pilgrimage is not a priority," the governor said.
Oshiomhole said "I have a deeper insight into the challenges that confront the Nigerian nation and even Edo State and I have come to the conclusion that pilgrimage is a luxury. Even from the point of view of the poor, a man who has no roof over his head cannot be spiritually uplifted if he goes to Isreal and returns to a state of homelessness".
The governor declared, "it happens to be an issue that I feel very strongly about when we subsidise pilgrimage. I would rather subsidise production, subsidise education; subsidise healthcare because these are central to the survival of our people. So this is an issue to which I have very strong position."
Earlier, the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Pilgrim Commission, Mr John Okpara, said they were in Edo State on a sensitisation visit
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by kennytidistar(m): 11:30am On May 25, 2013
Any way, which is no way, our soldier try.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by chris365(m): 11:46am On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I knew this since they moved to Niamey four months ago. There's no way our military would have been successful without the help of U.S spy drones in the sky.

it's people like you this kind of crap story was made for. 'gullible'
what kind of news is this? 'a source who spoke on condition of anonymity' is likely a forged story.
I never liked punch and their desperation to give fake news just to sell papers.
This war is fought by Nigerian forces, and we have our own drones, in case you didn't know.

2 Likes

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:55am On May 25, 2013
emmysenior: U S and their greedy, selfish and yeye tactics, what are they trying to tell us, are they trying to intensify their imperialism on us?

I maybe wrong though, maybe it was a classified agreement between them and our government to do so.

However, I can see that these U K and U S, haven seen and envisaged the prospect of Nigeria, they might be carrying out some serious or dubious plots to destabilize and tear us apart, what's painning me most is; their usage of these an1mals called the boko haram or fanatics, just to paint us blacks and separate us as well.

How ungrateful. Those men and women are out their to handle what's beyond your bleeped up country "Nigeria/Niger" troops with our tax payers money leaving their believed country and families and here you are talking bs..

FYI Nigeria have got absolutely nothing to offer in return. So you should know...
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by jidewin(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2013
Not a bad move.But my question is what can it cost us in Naija to design and develop our own?.Iran have designed theirs and likewise they have their own stealth aircraft.China, korea,just to mention few...i believe and i know we have Nigerian citizens who could design,develop and produce this light weight surveillance-cum-air-assault devices.
Since we are producing our own assault rifles, bullet proof gears for the Nigerian Army.God bless My Nigeria and the rest.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Aedesmuskeeto: 12:15pm On May 25, 2013
confusion247:
If they can tear us apart, it will be the best thing to happen. have we achieved anything as one Nigeria if not death and unnecessary killings? I wonder why some people are so much afraid of disintegration. The earlier we go our separate ways the better. There is no love between us in this fake and hypocritical One Nigeria.
hmmmm! Look at this disgruntled fella who's craving for separation due to your oil-rich delta, and we both know you wouldn't have typed this sh^it if not for the oyell in ya state. But "newsflash",

nigeria can never divide....

So you'd better clear your dirty mind and start thinkin positive for "ONE NAIJA"

1 Like

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Meky7: 12:22pm On May 25, 2013
emmysenior: U S and their greedy, selfish and yeye tactics, what are they trying to tell us, are they trying to intensify their imperialism on us?

I maybe wrong though, maybe it was a classified agreement between them and our government to do so.

However, I can see that these U K and U S, haven seen and envisaged the prospect of Nigeria, they might be carrying out some serious or dubious plots to destabilize and tear us apart, what's painning me most is; their usage of these an1mals called the boko haram or fanatics, just to paint us blacks and separate us as well.
Gud 4 nothing idiot!
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by collynzo2(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2013
Ricky_Ross: With or without Drones, our gallant soldiers were able to destroy and dislodge those boko haram cowards from their bases. America is looking for cheap propaganda.
Did America write this article?
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 25, 2013
REALITY101:

How ungrateful. Those men and women are out their to handle what's beyond your bleeped up country "Nigeria/Niger" troops with our tax payers money leaving their believed country and families and here you are talking bs..

FYI Nigeria have got absolutely nothing to offer in return. So you should know...
So shallow minded and flimsy comment.
Things they get in return are: Oil at a cheaper rate, raw materials at cheaper rates too. And before you continue your bs, I want you to think about what's happening in the countries where the US armies have bases.

Pls God gave you brain free of charge, pls use it.

1 Like

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 25, 2013
Meky_7: Gud 4 nothing idiot!

Boy! How about you take your time and check the state and well being of all the countries where there are US army bases.

Abeg think na.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by collynzo2(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2013
A top intelligence official, who declined to be named.
A senior State Security Service official told one of our correspondents on condition of anonymity
Am I the only one who has noticed that the above lines are ever present on JTF/Bokoharam related Punch articles? Who are they fooling? They have learnt the British press method of adding 2 and 2 to get 5.

2 Likes

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 25, 2013
Only spy!!! Why didn't it bomb them to hell beyond?!
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by collynzo2(m): 12:38pm On May 25, 2013
Punch is leading the abuse of press freedom in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by hrhobi1(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I knew this since they moved to Niamey four months ago. There's no way our military would have been successful without the help of U.S spy drones in the sky.

Funny guy, you knew .
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by ebucha: 12:42pm On May 25, 2013
most illogical statement ever.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Emmyk(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2013
Whatever... Just want this to end!
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Horus(m): 1:00pm On May 25, 2013
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/10/plateau_state_delegation_visit_to_air_force_institute_of_technology_4_20120706_13653689243.jpg[/img]

Nigerian Drone

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/12/amebo-1-drone.jpg[/img]

AMEBO-1, a Nigerian Drone manufactured by the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology

1 Like

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 25, 2013
I don't like seeing those people on traditional cloths on cap involved in projects like this drone one. They look very primitive and not sophisticated. Please, they are annoying. That society need people with mentality beyond such primitive outlook. Those who know what organizational and civilization is all about.

Silly capped traditional heads!!!

1 Like

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2013
chromoTop:
My Friend STFU! what has your raggedy, empty, poverty-stricken country brought to the world? you should be priviledged they brought such advanced technology close to you. By the way its in NIGER and not NIGERIA, so your twarty types dont go thinking they are spare parts for your rusted Nigerian Airways' aircraft. I can't get what anyone needs from Nigeria right now? Is it the deranged terrorists you export to the world? Dont mention that oil! that is shi't compared to what obtains in Angola, Algeria, Ghana ( will be). why are there no drones in those countries? oh your crude oil is of better quality than those? eccentric Clat! angry
The quality of oil in Nigeria is far better than what obtains in angola,though i don't know about ghana yet.
Nigerian oil is one of the best in the world
Btw,i can perfectly understand why Nigerians are wary of the US.
Afterall they predicted Nigeria's disintegration in 2015.

1 Like

Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by StepG: 1:37pm On May 25, 2013
confusion247:
If they can tear us apart, it will be the best thing to happen. have we achieved anything as one Nigeria if not death and unnecessary killings? I wonder why some people are so much afraid of disintegration. The earlier we go our separate ways the better. There is no love between us in this fake and hypocritical One Nigeria.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 25, 2013
solomon111: The quality of oil in Nigeria is far better than what obtains in angola,though i don't know about ghana yet.

Pls help me educate the boy.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by chromoTop: 1:51pm On May 25, 2013
emmysenior:

You are so fvcking stupeed for calling me twarty...
If you are not a Nigerian, I see no need for your redundant comments in this forum in general.
If you are a Nigerian in diaspora, probably, you are a (((((ba$t@rd))))) and a slave to the white man.
Mind you Nigerians are not delusional, those who carried out those acts were brought up in those countries, except for the boko haram.
For you info. No country is devoid of terrorists and criminals. Maybe you should go and read about "How europe undermines Africa" by Walter Rodney, perhaps that will make you grow up alittle. Udene!
Dude! but for this forum's law on language and all that, you deserve every shi't I throw in your face. Your pathetic-sorry-self image of yourself and Nigeria is obvious. You cant defend that country, let better minded people do!
However, I like to state this clearly If you have never left the shores of your village or Lagos- not all countries have terrorism problems, the average white man is as poor and got problems as his African friend- so no one enslaves the other . Except of course for twats like you who like to BOW TO MASTER. You dig? undecided
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by chris365(m): 1:54pm On May 25, 2013
REALITY101:

yeah right! the problems they created for us in the first place with their tax payers money.
guy, if the west had not invaded Libya, the Sahel won't be facing this much problems in the first place.
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 25, 2013
Ricky_Ross: With or without Drones, our gallant soldiers were able to destroy and dislodge those boko haram cowards from their bases. America is looking for cheap propaganda.
America is Looking for cheap propaganda to do what? As if USA is now an Opposition party in Nigeria that wants to challenge FDF. Who in the first place is the Mr Anonymous? I'm sure it's one of your military personel. If you read the Article well,you will know your post is Yeye post
Re: US Drones Spy On Boko Haram by chromoTop: 2:01pm On May 25, 2013
solomon111: The quality of oil in Nigeria is far better than what obtains in angola,though i don't know about ghana yet.
And did I say Nigeria's crude oil is of a less quality? is crude oil quality enough trade-off for sending drones to Nigeria? I don't think so friend. Some countries are responsible for maintaining some sanctity in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Reacts To Proscription Of F-SARS / 2019: Here’s Why The Pdp Presidential Primary Will Be The Toughest In Nigeria’s / Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.