Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark (25242 Views)

Wike To Philip Shaibu: You’re An Ingrate For Threatening PDP / Quit Notice : You’re An Ingrate, Angry Northern Governor's Aide Blasts Akeredolu / Ayiri Emami 45th Birthday: Ibori, Uduaghan, Ereyitomi Hail Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by nairavsdollars(f): 7:18am On Aug 02, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ayiri Emami, the Ologbotsere (traditional Prime Minister) of Warri Kingdom on Friday urged elder statesman, Chief Edwin Clark to stop interfering in the politics of Edo State saying he is shocked by the comments he made on the political crisis rocking the state.

It will be recalled that Clark had faulted the ultimatum the two chambers of the National Assembly to the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, to issue a fresh proclamation on the inauguration of the state House of Assembly or risk a take over of the Assembly.

He said the directive from the federal lawmakers was unconstitutional.

However speaking with journalists on Friday evening, Ayiri, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) described Clark’s statement as unfortunate.

Accusing the former Minister of Information of taking sides, Ayiri said Clark should have advised Obaseki to comply with the laws of the land rather than encouraging him to continue his illegality on the inauguration of the Edo State House of Assembly.

” When I read what Chief Clark said, I felt very disappointed because he is an elder statesman and he should know the laws more than many of us”.

” In 2015 I recall that Chief Clark never supported Governor Obaseki so if Obaseki is trying to be very ungrateful to people that brought him to power, I think as a father, Chief Clark should have advised him better, not to cause chaos in Edo state because Edo and Delta are still the same”.

“I expected him to call Obaseki and advise him as a father but he did not do that, rather he took side immediately. Let me tell you, there is nothing about Edo state that we don’t know, the National Assembly has it as a duty to intervene in any state Assembly that has crisis”.

” So, for anybody to fault that move is unfortunate and that Is why I am shocked with the comment made by Chief EK Clark”.

“All of us knew how Obaseki became governor of Edo state, he was never a politician. It was Oshiomhole who made him governor against all odds. Oshiomhole offended many people loyal to him just because he wanted to make Obaseki governor”.

“So it is unfortunate that today, the governor sees himself as a thin god, exhibiting so much disrespect for the man that made him governor. That is ingratitude of the highest order and it is not good for him as a governor”.

“Even comedians are now using Obaseki to crack jokes, he has become a laughing stock in the eyes of the public and that is not good”.

“There is an adage in Itsekiri which says you must remember the good of yesterday. Whatever Obaseki is doing he must sleep and reflect the good time he had with Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. A couple of times I had an opportunity to sit with Comrade and he kept telling me that ‘Ayiri, you know how I laboured to bring Obaseki so I cannot support pulling that house down’. So I don’t see Comrade fighting Obaseki but Obaseki is juts fighting himself”.

“It is unfortunate that the governor has allowed some politicians take advantage of this crisis so as to make money from him. They are hailing him and before he will realise what he is doing he is already in a big mess. So Chief EK Clark should concentrate on Delta state where he caused so much problem for people and leave Edo alone because he does not know how Obaseki became governor” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/dont-interfere-in-edo-politics-ayiri-tells-edwin-clark/

13 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by daroz(m): 7:20am On Aug 02, 2019
FTC

This matters because this thread is a front page material.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by aolawale025: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2019
If obaseki is performing then what is the problem. Let the man be

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by hisexcellency34: 7:23am On Aug 02, 2019
I thought they said Dangote has settled the fight?

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by dokyOloye: 7:27am On Aug 02, 2019
Say no to godfatherism.
Oshiomole is not complaining that Obaseki is not working, just that he is being 'sidelined' which could equate not sharing d money.

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by helinues: 7:37am On Aug 02, 2019
Ingrate in what way?

So Ayiri means Obaseki should be a slave to Oshiomole because he brought him into politics or what?

Arrant nonsense

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by olisaEze(m): 7:40am On Aug 02, 2019
Whatever is the real grouse between Obaseki & Oshiomole definitely has nothing to do with the interests of the Edo people rather it’s a clash of their personal interests. Since the Ambode root out, every politician in Nigeria now wants to turn to the jagaban of his state without putting in the work that the real jagaban has done over time in building up numerous individuals from different states.

12 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Mikora: 7:57am On Aug 02, 2019
See ayiri too dey talk, this criminal

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by festacman(m): 8:03am On Aug 02, 2019
Nigerian politicians are so selfishly full of themselves to learn. They keep repeating the same mistake. The fact is it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for an incumbent EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR who is constitutionally powerful to be ETERNALLY dependent politically on his predecessor or any godfather who installed him.

Recent experiences have shown that most of such arrangement failed to work: Gov. Chris Ngige vs Chris Uba, Gov. Theodore Orji vs Orji Uzor Kalu, Gov. Sullivan Iheanacho vs Chimaroke Nnamani, Gov. Liyel Imoke vs Donald Duke, Gov. Chibuike Amaechi vs Peter Odili, Gov Emmanuel Udom vs Godswill Akpabio, etc. Interestingly, it did not even work well between President Umaru Yar'adua and Olusegun Obasanjo.

However, this arrangement has SO FAR worked perfectly in Lagos State.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by donbachi(m): 8:05am On Aug 02, 2019
"Laws of the land"..as if buhari has ever obeyed one.

17 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Aidejay(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2019
See what CHIEF EDWIN CLARK has become

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2019
Oshiomohle doesn't really know what time it is. Pancing all over the place like a preying mantis. Edo N' Oba ye!!! Who's gonna allow an urchin like you to be the next Igbinedion

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by marvin906(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2019
this toothless dog should go back to he's cage who's ayiri

18 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by airminem(f): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2019
Post truth era
Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Iriruaga100(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2019
Wait, can Ayiri really read and write properly? This tout that was brought to limelight by Ibori just want to be in the news...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by PapaBaby: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2019
Idiot man, face your Delta state where PDP thrashed all of you.

9 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by money121(m): 9:45am On Aug 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by fredoooooo: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2019
His eyes go soon clear ... nothing concern me here party before anybody

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Opinedecandid(m): 9:46am On Aug 02, 2019
What is Oshiomole, and OLE?

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by BobiNick(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2019
This is sad but makes sense. Many might not see the truth and condemn Oshiomole, but truly this is politicians for you. Oshiomole fought so hard to ensure the end of pdp in the state after their terrible years of ruling. For anyone in Edo state to boldly come out and say Oshiomole did nothing in Edo state, I believe that person needs a mental check or maybe that person is an indomie generation kid.

Many see Oshiomole as someone who wants to be a Godfather, but if you look deeply that is not his agenda. He is only trying to protect what has been planned to work for the country because we all forget that the oppositions are never sleeping till they regain power.

Obaseki might be doing well as a governor in Edo but he is being ungrateful for forgetting how he got into that sit. Trying to follow the instructions from a past governor of the same state who fought tirelessly to bring you to power is nothing to do with Godfatherism.

There are issues that can be sorted out without the media and so when it gets out to the media you know that there is already a dispute. That dispute is being sponsored by the opposition or the moles of the opposition who want to take advantage of the situation and that is the direction Obaseki has chosen to follow.

We all think it will end well with him if he continues like this but we forget that those who laboured to put one in power and knew exactly how they did it can still do it again especially when they are still in powerful position. Don't also forget that the normal citizens who really vote care less about who would take power because during elections they only focus on the money being shared and even after that, these results don't count as victory because we all know the story and how every politician that looses an election will run to tribunal.

Obaseki should better wake up now because as long as he is in Apc he can't defeat them in this way and the worse mistake he will ever make is the assumption that the doors of pdp is open.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by awetaiye2015: 9:48am On Aug 02, 2019
This stupid ayiri should keep his dirty mouth shot. Who is he? Useless tout on the street that was fortunate to be raised by Chief James Ibori. Now that Ibori is back, is ayiri not broke? Shining with Ibori's wealth. And wat does a tout know about constitution? He thinks godfatherism will last forever? A time will come wen leaders will be elected by their works and not by know-you-know.
*Ungrateful to people that brought him to power*. So if they brought Obaseki to power and they are asking him to do the wrong thing, he should oblige, abi? They think everyone is controllable and gullible.
Has he settled the issues in warri that he is interfering in Edo's affairs? Warri that has become a danger zone even in Broad day light.

21 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Alexrayz(m): 9:49am On Aug 02, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ayiri Emami, the Ologbotsere (traditional Prime Minister) of Warri Kingdom on Friday urged elder statesman, Chief Edwin Clark to stop interfering in the politics of Edo State saying he is shocked by the comments he made on the political crisis rocking the state.

It will be recalled that Clark had faulted the ultimatum the two chambers of the National Assembly to the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, to issue a fresh proclamation on the inauguration of the state House of Assembly or risk a take over of the Assembly.

He said the directive from the federal lawmakers was unconstitutional.

However speaking with journalists on Friday evening, Ayiri, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) described Clark’s statement as unfortunate.

Accusing the former Minister of Information of taking sides, Ayiri said Clark should have advised Obaseki to comply with the laws of the land rather than encouraging him to continue his illegality on the inauguration of the Edo State House of Assembly.

” When I read what Chief Clark said, I felt very disappointed because he is an elder statesman and he should know the laws more than many of us”.

” In 2015 I recall that Chief Clark never supported Governor Obaseki so if Obaseki is trying to be very ungrateful to people that brought him to power, I think as a father, Chief Clark should have advised him better, not to cause chaos in Edo state because Edo and Delta are still the same”.

“I expected him to call Obaseki and advise him as a father but he did not do that, rather he took side immediately. Let me tell you, there is nothing about Edo state that we don’t know, the National Assembly has it as a duty to intervene in any state Assembly that has crisis”.

” So, for anybody to fault that move is unfortunate and that Is why I am shocked with the comment made by Chief EK Clark”.

“All of us knew how Obaseki became governor of Edo state, he was never a politician. It was Oshiomhole who made him governor against all odds. Oshiomhole offended many people loyal to him just because he wanted to make Obaseki governor”.

“So it is unfortunate that today, the governor sees himself as a thin god, exhibiting so much disrespect for the man that made him governor. That is ingratitude of the highest order and it is not good for him as a governor”.

“Even comedians are now using Obaseki to crack jokes, he has become a laughing stock in the eyes of the public and that is not good”.

“There is an adage in Itsekiri which says you must remember the good of yesterday. Whatever Obaseki is doing he must sleep and reflect the good time he had with Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. A couple of times I had an opportunity to sit with Comrade and he kept telling me that ‘Ayiri, you know how I laboured to bring Obaseki so I cannot support pulling that house down’. So I don’t see Comrade fighting Obaseki but Obaseki is juts fighting himself”.

“It is unfortunate that the governor has allowed some politicians take advantage of this crisis so as to make money from him. They are hailing him and before he will realise what he is doing he is already in a big mess. So Chief EK Clark should concentrate on Delta state where he caused so much problem for people and leave Edo alone because he does not know how Obaseki became governor” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/dont-interfere-in-edo-politics-ayiri-tells-edwin-clark/

Lol ayiri that suppose to be in prison for militancy is here talking trash this country is truly dead

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2019
Stupid Ayiri the warri tout who enriched himself with oil pipeline bunkering should shut that his fat ugly mouth he's irrelevant in edo affairs, just because he is a friend with Oshothief does not mean he's relevant Abeg Oya pack one side

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by omaigala(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2019
I think Ayiri is the stupid one here.
How can you support diversion of Edo people's common wealth?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Angelfrost(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2019
I think Ayiri is more unfortunate than the elder he is insulting... How can you ask a sitting governor to kowtow to the wishes of a political godfather? In this age and time?...

I thought wealthy people were not open asslickers... This idiot is an embarrassment to the Warri people I know. Tueh!!! undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark by Gazzy88(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2019
In Yoruba parlance, ayiri is likened to a madman.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 / Anambra International Convention Centre, Awka Nears Completion: PICTURES / Amaechi Tipped As DG Buhari Presidential Campaign Office As Party Zone VP To S/W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.