Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

"Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" (726 Views)

Pls Advise A Young Enterpreneur! Which Business Should I Go Into? / Money Was Wrongfully Transfered Into My Account, What Should I Do? Pls Advise / Help! Please Do Not Pass Me By! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 25, 2013
I graduated in 2009 and completed NYSC in Feb. 2011. Having searched for work for 3 months after NYSC without success, I decided to take my destiny in my own hand. I headed to the school from where I graduated. With the money I was able to save from service and my knowledge, I established a computer business centre.
In this biz center, I do typing (I had learnt how to type extremely fast when I was in sch), photocopying and printing, help students with materials for assignment & sometimes help in doing it, statistical data analysis & interpretations (first degree & Masters level),help in converting full research project to journal articles for publication in both national and international journals. Through these, I earn my living.

However, of recent, I do get much more work than I could handle alone. The job is not easy to deligate or outsource because those that I outsourced in the past did not meet the required standard and had a lot of issues. My clients always want me to handle their job myself. I tried to raise my charges to reduce the workload but I keep getting more.
Please, experienced people in the house, how do I deal with this issue. How do I maximize gains from this job of mine without raising my charges too much & without dissapointing customers that have faith in me? How do I earn passive or residual income from this my job without having to"work myself out"?
Please, give advice.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 25, 2013
find somebody (employee(s)) that will assist u with d non-technical & sensitive part of ur work/contract, then handle the critical part ursef, dat way u can meet up with ur clients demand n equally reduce d pressure on ursef. in addition, develop a workflow for all u do, with that ur work wil go seamlessly, if u need help on dat feel free to consult me, my charges wunt tear ur pocket. cheers!
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 25, 2013
MOD pls I need this on the Front page to reach out to many experienced advisers as possible. Thx.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 25, 2013
miko11: find somebody (employee(s)) that will assist u with d non-technical & sensitive part of ur work/contract, then handle the critical part ursef, dat way u can meet up with ur clients demand n equally reduce d pressure on ursef. in addition, develop a workflow for all u do, with that ur work wil go seamlessly, if u need help on dat feel free to consult me, my charges wunt tear ur pocket. cheers!

Thx
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Businesstools(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2013
miko11: find somebody (employee(s)) that will assist u with d non-technical & sensitive part of ur work/contract, then handle the critical part ursef, dat way u can meet up with ur clients demand n equally reduce d pressure on ursef. in addition, develop a workflow for all u do, with that ur work wil go seamlessly, if u need help on dat feel free to consult me, my charges wunt tear ur pocket. cheers!
Alternatively,he can hire employees to carryout the entire tasks,while he oversees.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by biz1234: 5:26am On May 26, 2013
Outsourcing is the only way out my brother! consider the health implication first before anything else. What if with you could accomplish more tasks in a short time than piling the jobs for yourself alone. Think about this, time is money and the more time you have for yourself, the more money you will be making. Learn to free yourself. Besides, you can not tell me that in the whole of your community there are no efficient typist? look for one, you will definitely get except is your offering is not good enough. Think about it please....
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 11:01am On May 26, 2013
biz1234: Outsourcing is the only way out my brother! consider the health implication first before anything else. What if with you could accomplish more tasks in a short time than piling the jobs for yourself alone. Think about this, time is money and the more time you have for yourself, the more money you will be making. Learn to free yourself. Besides, you can not tell me that in the whole of your community there are no efficient typist? look for one, you will definitely get except is your offering is not good enough. Think about it please....
Thx.
However, employing competent typist(s) is not the problem but those to handle technical aspect of analysis, interpretations of research findings, converting full research work to journal articles that meet local & international standards. May I add that these are what bring the real money. Yes, outsourcing will definitely reduce the workload but this is a kind of new profession in Nigeria with scarcity of manpower to handle the technical aspect. Those that I trainned prefer to be on their own. They also have more than enough jobs to do and won't have time to get outside job and they are still learners just like myself. However, the difference is clear. They need more time and experience to be able to do work to meet my clients' expectations.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 11:31am On May 26, 2013
May I also add that I employed one efficient typist/computer operator and paid her the highest in the locality. My worry is not on typingn, photocopying etc but the othe apsects mentioned above. The truth is that I am considering turning it to a well-established organisation. I already bought 2 plots of land, had more than 3000 blocks, loads of sand and gravel trying to build an office in a local govt headquarter. The building of the structure is on course. The problem is how to organise the human and material resources for efficiency? How do I remove myself from the equation and earn residual income from the business?
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 11:32am On May 26, 2013
Mod, help a fellow, put this on front page pls.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 11:33am On May 26, 2013
I don't know how to go about doing this. Mod, help a fellow, put this on front page pls.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by teeboy4x(m): 11:56am On May 26, 2013
Change the TOPIC ''TONTO DIKE UNCLAD'' and see the magic
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 26, 2013
teeboy4x: Change the TOPIC ''TONTO DIKE UNCLAD'' and see the magic
But why should that be so? I think this will not only be beneficial to me but a host of other people with similar problem.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 26, 2013
teeboy4x: Change the TOPIC ''TONTO DIKE UNCLAD'' and see the magic
But why should that be so? I think this will not only be beneficial to me but a host of other people with similar challenges.
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by teeboy4x(m): 12:25pm On May 26, 2013
Cox dats d only lang d understands
Re: "Pass Me Not O Gentle Adviser", Pls Advise A "Confused Fellow" by bigx(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2013
Register on Odesk.com and search for who can do that,
Thank me later.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Swamp Boogie Escarvator For Hire / Laptop For Sale just 4k! / Business Opportunity As A Pocketmoni Agent Of Etranzact International Plc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.