Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF (16632 Views)

NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Which Governors Deserve To Be Jailed For Corruption After Tenure Expires? / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 26, 2013
Whodunnit?

The governors had pledged to support the presidency’s candidate and abide by the party’s decision but at the last minute changed their mind. They are: Governors Babangida Aliyu (Niger), Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Makatada Wamako (Sokoto), Saidu Dakingari (Kebbi), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Martins Elechi (Ebonyi) and Murtala Nyako (Adamawa).
Source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ngf-election-video-shows-how-governors-voted/

Thanks @ lekanolas
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 26, 2013
I suspected Chime all along...just could not find the smoking gun grin
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by magaliyu(f): 2:07pm On May 26, 2013
As we are contemplating now the presidency have already scan the fingerprint of the 35 ballot papers therefore they know who vote against them the big fear is that CARELESS VOTE LEADS TO EFCC's NET posibly another SOE.as all the 36 gov. have a skeleton at there cupboard and the landload knows exactly where is hidden.

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by OdionOdion: 2:26pm On May 26, 2013
UYCO: @Chucks 01, Pls don't drag the name of Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan into the NGF problem. Uduaghans major focus now is how to give the good people of Delta State the dividends of democracy. He is neither contesting for presidency in 2015 nor going back for second term. Be aware that we the people of Delta State are solidly behind our governor and we could care less about the presidency because the only government we know that is existing is the state government
Uduanghan is unlike Amaechi who is a known rebellion
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by exbash: 2:29pm On May 26, 2013
UYCO: @Chucks 01, Pls don't drag the name of Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan into the NGF problem. Uduaghans major focus now is how to give the good people of Delta State the dividends of democracy. He is neither contesting for presidency in 2015 nor going back for second term. Be aware that we the people of Delta State are solidly behind our governor and we could care less about the presidency because the only government we know that is existing is the state government

Oga which second term ? are u a learner or the misrule in your state is affecting upstairs ?
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by graphicsplay: 2:39pm On May 26, 2013
I may not know how the governors voted, but one thing I know for sure is: "TRUST IS FOR THE WEAK".

Macabre game of politics!

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Jarus(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2013
Babangida Muazu - Niger

Wammakko - Sokoto

Never checked the list before naming those two. Sure bankers. Never hidden their non-support for GEJ
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by HOTWATER(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2013
Political geometry and arithmetic . ! Rubbish . Let Jonathan Fix INEC and POWER . All this NGF elcetions will amount to nothing . The Otuoke Magician knows that too well .
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by koruji(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2013
Really? How will you enjoy light when someone could walk through your door with an AK47 at any time? Even then, all we can see on power are promises and more promises.

HOTWATER: Political geometry and arithmetic . ! Rubbish . Let Jonathan Fix INEC and POWER . All this NGF elcetions will amount to nothing . The Otuoke Magician knows that too well .
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Demdem(m): 3:20pm On May 26, 2013
Opera Mini: Pls what does this Governors forum do differently? What on earth is the essence of the forum? How does this so called NGF guarantee good governance in the various states?

Ask apabio or the retardeen who are so bent on having their way. Obviously, they failed woefully.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Demdem(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2013
Jarus: Babangida Muazu - Niger

Wammakko - Sokoto

Never checked the list before naming those two. Sure bankers. Never hidden their non-support for GEJ

Why will they support Jonathan that is denying the fact that he promised to go for one term.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by deletrue: 3:26pm On May 26, 2013
A it is now, jona should be very careful. He should plan very fast. This result, even though i was not there, shows that no matter how perfect he ( jona ) is, he is hated by many governors especially considering your ethnic group. Many hate you for your performance so far, while they (governors ) are busy finishing their states, you ( jona ) is working hard to accomplish a change. Well i wish you good luck. But wash carefully so that you can use what is in your possession to deal with your enemies. Your enemy is the one that will see you down. You cannot be president and also working hard and allow governors etc to disgrace and mess you up. That cannot happen. This is nigeria. If we agree to change then, we will all do the right thing. Not betraying one another as Ameachi .

2 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by UYCO: 3:27pm On May 26, 2013
deletrue: you are very correct. If you place Udeaghan and Amaechi as 2015 worst enemies to jona, is Udeaghan. udeaghan pretend to high heaven but will definitely vote against jona. When i was working in delta then, i knew those people who were very sectional, highly uncooperative with others, feels far superior to others and were always sidelining other ethnic groups, coupled with Ibori's case, Udeaghan is worst than Ameachi. Therefore will and may have voted against Jong.
@Deletrue
You are a bastard. Uduaghan has always supported Jonathan and that was why he convened a south south and south east governors meeting in his office at government house Asaba to drum support for Jonathan. Ordinarily, the governor is not under any obligation to support Jonathan but because he felt that as a man from the creek who also share the same pain with the Ijaw people , he has to support the president in order for his people who are also from the creek to benefit from their God given oil. He has also directed all his supporters to support Mr. President because he is from the Niger Delta

2 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Delafruita(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2013
deletrue: A it is now, jona should be very careful. He should plan very fast. This result, even though i was not there, shows that no matter how perfect he ( jona ) is, he is hated by many governors especially considering your ethnic group. Many hate you for your performance so far, while they (governors ) are busy finishing their states, you ( jona ) is working hard to accomplish a change. Well i wish you good luck. But wash carefully so that you can use what is in your possession to deal with your enemies. Your enemy is the one that will see you down. You cannot be president and also working hard and allow governors etc to disgrace and mess you up. That cannot happen. This is nigeria. If we agree to change then, we will all do the right thing. Not betraying one another as Ameachi .
you are sick
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by UYCO: 3:39pm On May 26, 2013
@Deletrue,
You are the real enemy of Jonathan by advising him to fight all the governors. The best advise for Mr. President is to make peace with those governor and reconcile their differences and forge a common front. Fighting all the governors will amount to fighting in all fronts and you know what , the governors may creat a bigger problem for him before 2015. It is not too late for Mr. President to make peace with Rotimi Amaechi and other dissenting governors in PDP. I am saying this because I want Jonathan to win this election against the wish of the born to rule Jihardist

2 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by rasputinn(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2013
BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA.... I CHOOSE 'APC'

Is it their red colour you like or what,,,

Well good point for African Peoples Congress,APC
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by emiye(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2013
Mylove55: u try,but not correct.D 9 pdp dat vote are river,adamawa,kano,niger,sokoto,jigawa,kebbi,kwara.either delta or cross river.read thisday of may 25.national mirror added enugu and ebonyi which in my own view i don't think enugu and ebonyi can change their mind.

i have my reasons for including enugu and ebonyi, i also studied body language et al to come to that inclusion.

I might drop crossriver for jigawa though.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by deletrue: 4:34pm On May 26, 2013
UYCO: @Deletrue,
You are the real enemy of Jonathan by advising him to fight all the governors. The best advise for Mr. President is to make peace with those governor and reconcile their differences and forge a common front. Fighting all the governors will amount to fighting in all fronts and you know what , the governors may creat a bigger problem for him before 2015. It is not too late for Mr. President to make peace with Rotimi Amaechi and other dissenting governors in PDP. I am saying this because I want Jonathan to win this election against the wish of the born to rule Jihardist
Bros. If you could remember, before the election that brought jona to power, Ameachi was hell bent on jona down fall. i also worked in river state. No day passes without Ameachi attacking both jona and his wife just as Pastor Bakare was to jona. Because rivers and bayelsa shares boundary, jona was always appealing to Ameachi through all ealders etc. Now another round is here, Ameachi, this time, decided to give their oil rich state to the north. Am not tribal. Must jona continue to appeal to Ameachi?
just think nigeria today. The governors are the worst. This forum, as it is now is becoming real, and extra ordinary powerful, and in no time, will completely kill this country. I will support what ever means to killed this forum. Do you know the founders of this forum? It was Ibori and the cabal. you can now guess their intention. But definently not to appeal to Ameachi. Instead, jona should fight it to finish. If he fails, life will continue. That is what is expected of every human.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by koruji(m): 5:53pm On May 26, 2013
Excuses, excuses, excuses.
You need to go learn your history.

OBJ gave the NGF the power it currently has because he saw it as a forum to choose the next president and VP.
That my friend, is the story of how Yar'adua and GEJ got to the presidency.

It is really funny and traitorous for GEJ to now want to destroy the same forum.
Particularly, after signing a one-term agreement with the north.
[size=14pt]I wish the northerners will do away with all threat of violence (it would only end up consuming them and play into the hands of GEJ)
They should concentrate on a strategy to make sure GEJ loses at the ballot box.
As well as find the best combination of political alliance that will bring quick development to their region.
[/size]

In reality, I think GEJ knows he "must" fulfil the terms of the one-term letter he signed but he would like to choose the next president and VP, just like OBJ. He has probably promised the VP slot to Akpabio. But he is really fooling himself because just like he and Yar'adua treated OBJ after getting into Aso Rock he may be in for the shocker of his life after 2015.

deletrue: Bros. If you could remember, before the election that brought jona to power, Ameachi was hell bent on jona down fall. i also worked in river state. No day passes without Ameachi attacking both jona and his wife just as Pastor Bakare was to jona. Because rivers and bayelsa shares boundary, jona was always appealing to Ameachi through all ealders etc. Now another round is here, Ameachi, this time, decided to give their oil rich state to the north. Am not tribal. Must jona continue to appeal to Ameachi?
just think nigeria today. The governors are the worst. This forum, as it is now is becoming real, and extra ordinary powerful, and in no time, will completely kill this country. I will support what ever means to killed this forum. Do you know the founders of this forum? It was Ibori and the cabal. you can now guess their intention. But definently not to appeal to Ameachi. Instead, jona should fight it to finish. If he fails, life will continue. That is what is expected of every human.

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Reyspin(m): 7:26pm On May 26, 2013
Sorry ooo what is NGF.. Is it like the Supreme Council that chOoses Future President...
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by dozai: 7:30pm On May 26, 2013
UYCO:
@Deletrue
You are a bastard. Uduaghan has always supported Jonathan and that was why he convened a south south and south east governors meeting in his office at government house Asaba to drum support for Jonathan. Ordinarily, the governor is not under any obligation to support Jonathan but because he felt that as a man from the creek who also share the same pain with the Ijaw people , he has to support the president in order for his people who are also from the creek to benefit from their God given oil. He has also directed all his supporters to support Mr. President because he is from the Niger Delta
EAST WEST ROAD IS STILL A DEATH TRAP AFTER HOW MANY YEARS.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by thoniann(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2013

Taaaaaaaaaaa! My friend shut your mouth! Who is behind who? You can only speak for yourself and not for us. That scum of a governor has not delivered a promise, let alone promises of democracy. His drainages are uncompleted and fallen, his roads are pathetic, even the one leading to the government house is in a sorry state. What the hell are you talking about? For 4 years now he's place embargo on state empluyment... What facts have you got to show he has been delivering?

Just mind yourself, no make me vex oooo.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by thoniann(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2013

Taaaaaaaaaaa! My friend shut your mouth! Who is behind who? You can only speak for yourself and not for us. That scum of a governor has not delivered a promise, let alone promises of democracy. His drainages are uncompleted and fallen, his roads are pathetic, even the one leading to the government house is in a sorry state. What the hell are you talking about? For 4 years now he's place embargo on state empluyment... What facts have you got to show he has been delivering?

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by UYCO: 9:09pm On May 26, 2013
thoniann:

You are living in the moon. Just two weeks ago, Uduaghan approved the employment of 1072 workers into the state civil service. He is the first governor to pay workers salary on the 9th of every month. Three days ago he employed 200 persons to work at the Asaba international airport. Last year he employed 2000 workers into the state civil service and over 1500 teachers. It is obvious that you are not in Nigeria that is why you don't know what is happening

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by mkoabiola: 10:14pm On May 26, 2013
All of d above.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by obazman(m): 10:47pm On May 26, 2013
What do Uduaghan get to do with who support GEJ or not? Pls live Uduaghan out of this cos the man is fighting to make sure he give the best to his people.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Mylove55(f): 11:53am On May 28, 2013
obazman: What do Uduaghan get to do with who support GEJ or not? Pls live Uduaghan out of this cos the man is fighting to make sure he give the best to his people.
as u can see,uduaghan play important role,in dis mess,he was d agent to jona boy in d counting of d result,why not come out and say d truth b4 God kill him with his health challenge.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 28, 2013
Jonathan brought this embarassment to himself

A true General pick their battles for strategic reasons

Jonathan is responsible for elevating this NGF election to untold heights!

All Jonathan needed to do was stand back watch the election run its course and pledge to work with whoever gets elected knowing that the NGF chairman actually have no real powers or jurisdiction beyond the state he governs!

This is just muscle for the sake of muscle. I see no real benefit to Jonathan whether Amaechi or Jang is NGF chairman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nkeiru Onyejeocha Defects From PDP To APC / Ndume Stands As Surety For Abdul-rasheed Maina / #NigeriaDecides2023: Tinubu, Atiku, Obi & Kwankwaso In Battle Royale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.