Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Fwb? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fwb? (2956 Views)

(FWB). / When A Girl, You Have Started Developing Feelings For, Insist On Being Your FWB / Ladies, What'd Be Your Reaction If Your Man (Hubby, Bf, B-f, Fwb) Slaps Your Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2008
FWB means friends with benefits.

Ever had one? What do you think will make a woman agree to have such male friends? Is it becoming a pop culture in Nigeria?

If you are a guy, will you ever consider proposing to a woman that was your FWB?
Re: Fwb? by ikamefa(f): 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2008
fwb same as phork-buddies

TopBooty:

FWB
If you are a guy, will you ever consider proposing to a woman that was your FWB?

well since i aint a man can't answer that! tongue
Re: Fwb? by Kennee(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2008
Well, when a man's in Love, he truly gets blind to stuff, so wateva reason d woman has for being in "it" with him, is ok by him as far as she's nice to him
Re: Fwb? by 4Him1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2008
TopBooty:

FWB means friends with benefits.

Ever had one? What do you think will make a woman agree to have such male friends? Is it becoming a pop culture in Nigeria?

Impossible. Once she drops into the FWB bracket she never comes out.
Re: Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2008
Impossible. Once she drops into the FWB bracket she never comes out
Things change, people change and sometimes the way you define people might change if you really make time to know them. If some people can marry a stripper, why can't you consider your fck buddy?

Again, what if she gets preggy?
Re: Fwb? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2008
Hmm, I have a few friends that are into the whole 'Friends With Benefits' deal but me personally, I will never do it
Re: Fwb? by welli(f): 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2008
hmmm.dnt even knw wat i think
Re: Fwb? by 4Him1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2008
TopBooty:

Things change, people change and sometimes the way you define people might change if you really make time to know them. If some people can marry a stripper, why can't you consider your fck buddy?

Again, what if she gets preggy?

1. Right from the word go you shld have an idea what you want her for; a serious contender for future partner or just a FWB while you look out for the real woman. If she's in the FWB bracket you're extra careful because getting her preg is the last thing you want. That's why there are condoms.

2. Forget it, once FWB forever an FWB. Nothing more will happen unless i get struck by lightening.
Re: Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2008
1. Right from the word go you shld have an idea what you want her for; a serious contender for future partner or just a FWB while you look out for the real woman. If she's in the FWB bracket you're extra careful because getting her preg is the last thing you want. That's why there are condoms.

2. Forget it, once FWB forever an FWB. Nothing more will happen unless i get struck by lightening.

It's people that talk like this that usually get shortchanged by an undercover love. I hope you are being sarcastic sha.
Re: Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2008
Hmm, I have a few friends that are into the whole 'Friends With Benefits' deal but me personally, I will never do it
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fwb? by 4Him1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2008
TopBooty:

It's people that talk like this that usually get shortchanged by an undercover love. I hope you are being sarcastic sha.

what do you know about people? Very little from what i can garner so far.
Re: Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2008
what do you know about people? Very little from what i can garner so far
I seee, you can bang her but she's not good enough to be your wife abi? Men? will they ever get to heaven?

This is coming from a man who initially claimed his family and him have high moral principles and are monogamous. Double speak I'll say.
Re: Fwb? by echolimabr(m): 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2008
if men won't go to heaven then women have't got half a chance. it's say freinds with benefit, so take the benefit and leave the pains to someone else. abi i dey lie?
Re: Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2008
if men won't go to heaven then women have't got half a chance. it's say freinds with benefit, so take the benefit and leave the pains to someone else. abi i dey lie?
At least we got a chance. The crime men commit against women, abuse, neglect, rape, assault etc will be a stumbling block  for them before God. Who am I to judge? we shall see on the last day.
Re: Fwb? by Dreloaded(f): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2008
How does a person continously make threads then attack people for their opinions/views on it?

Only a slowpoke would get pregnant knowing fully well that she's in a FWB situation, same way only a moronic guy would complain about STDs knowing he's in such a situation. Such people know what of situation they are in, it's not a real relationship. Only the phyiscal is being satisfied for the most part thus both parties should know enough on how to protect themselves.

FwB hardly ever work anyway because one party ends up wnating more, and this is more often than not. . .the woman.
Re: Fwb? by echolimabr(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2008
LAST DAY? IF U HAVE ANY BENEFITS PLS DON'T FORGET ME, LAST DAY WILL COME AND GO. ENJOY WHY U ARE HERE.
BY THE WAY WOT IF LAST DAY NEVER ARRIVED, THIK OF ALL THOSE BANGINGS U WILL MISS?
Re: Fwb? by TheSly: 10:52pm On Apr 27, 2008
once FWB forever an FWB. Nothing more will happen unless i get struck by lightening.
!!!!
Re: Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2008
LAST DAY? IF You HAVE ANY BENEFITS PLS DON'T FORGET ME, LAST DAY WILL COME AND GO. ENJOY WHY You ARE HERE.
BY THE WAY WOT IF LAST DAY NEVER ARRIVED, THIK OF ALL THOSE BANGINGS You WILL MISS?

You need Jesus more than banging.
Re: Fwb? by echolimabr(m): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2008
AMEN. NOW THAT'S A GOOD BENEFIT FOR US ALL.

MAY HE BLESS US AND PUT US RIGHT.
Re: Fwb? by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 28, 2008
ibkaye:

'show me ur friends and i'll tell u who u r'

'birds of the same feather flock together'
Re: Fwb? by TopBooty(f): 6:58am On Apr 28, 2008
'show me your friends and i'll tell u who you're'

'birds of the same feather flock together'
Not necessarily true.
Re: Fwb? by Scopium: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2008
[size=13pt]No I can't. Why would I do that?[/size]
Re: Fwb? by onyekang1(f): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2008
No!
Re: Fwb? by yemivictor: 10:50am On Apr 30, 2008
Never say never!

This life we live in is very ironic i'm telling you!! grin
Re: Fwb? by tipsydude(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2008
[b]@ topic

whenever such a topic comes up, peeps start trying to deceive themselves by saying "no, can't do that", "never will", "i have never been in such", etc. etc, etc, but the truth is, lotsa folks who think they are in a serious relationship are only benefiting their partners. Only partners who enter into a friend-with-benefit arrangement openly can attest to this. when u get hooked on someone and he/she bcoms ur heart throb, one sometimes becomes blind to reason and evident signs that their partner doesn't feel the same way. so they leave their lives in a dream world while in actual sense u r just a shagmate. the truth of the matter is 98% of folks who have been and are still in a relationship have been an FWB or is even one presently and doesn't know it. That you sleep with only him/her while he/she samples other pastures doesn't change the fact.

As for marrying one who was once your FWB, well there is this saying that "you can never make a ho' a housewife". and it applies to both genders. so whether you change ur perspective of that person or not, it is a risk not worth taking.

All in all, FWB can be fun when done right as in everyone abides by the rules. u could have numerous friends u know. just don't get to attached, unless 4rm d waist down grin grin grin grin.[/b]
Re: Fwb? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 01, 2008
@ topic

whenever such a topic comes up, peeps start trying to deceive themselves by saying "no, can't do that", "never will", "i have never been in such", etc. etc, etc, but the truth is, lotsa folks who think they are in a serious relationship are only benefiting their partners

Maybe you are the kind that easily succumb to pressure or go back on your word, however some of us here know our stance in life and no pathetic wimp of a line like never say never can change that, mmhh kiss tongue
Re: Fwb? by LadyT(f): 7:27pm On May 01, 2008
Casual sex is a big no no! The number of problems that arise are uncountable.
Re: Fwb? by Nautillus(m): 8:20pm On May 01, 2008
yemivictor:

Never say never!

This life we live in is very ironic i'm telling you!! grin

Well said my bro
Re: Fwb? by Nobody: 3:24am On May 02, 2008
I dare to say never tongue
Re: Fwb? by Cadet(f): 3:55am On May 02, 2008
FWB!! shocked more gosh! those were the days when friends just mean friends embarassed no benefit or what not!
Re: Fwb? by izeek(m): 5:12pm On May 02, 2008
well believe it or not,

my fiancee and i started as bfw, and today we are engaged.

its a pretty long story, but well we turned it into something wonderful

and every1 who knws us are insupport of our tieing the knot sharp sharp.

so for ur digest , it really works.
Re: Fwb? by izeek(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2008
well alot of us dont realise tha girls who are into the fwb tingy, actually into it with no intentions what so ever.

they dont ask fo money, no demands, and they are thier real self.

now let me ask you this,
what if while in that positiion u find her to be real nice and sincere and respectful.

what happens then when u knw she aint faking it?

cos most of them who do these things actually have feeling for the guy involved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 All Gemini's / Her Dirty Linen: A Letter To My Ex-girlfriend. / I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.