Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder (683 Views)

Photos : Thugs Who Tried To Snatch Ballot Boxes At Amuwo Odofin Arrested / I'll Stop My Husband From Becoming President Again - Patience Jonathan / Liberian President Suspends Son From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder by spywareczar(m): 8:51am On May 26, 2013
It has been revealed that the mother of22-year-old Michael Adebowale, one ofthe two Islamic terrorists who hacked a British soldier to death in broad day light, actually tried desperately to turn him away from extremism but “could not get through”.
His mother, 43-year-old Juliet Obasuyi,is a Christian probation officer and a member of staff at the Nigerian High Commission. The boy’s action is now causing her trouble…
According to reports, Michael had beena “lovely boy” but became involved in some “serious trouble” as a teenager and then turned to Islam. He started mixing with some “bad people” and became increasingly extreme in his views.
His mother Juliet, a probation officer, went to her friend and neighbour, a 62-year-old security officer, for help about nine months ago after her son dropped out of university.
She told 62-year-old man: “Michael is not listening any more. His older sisteris a good Christian with a degree but Michael is rebelling as he has no fatherfigure, dropping out of university and handing out leaflets in Woolwich town centre.
“He is from a strong Christian family but he is turning to Islam and turning against the family. He is preaching in the streets. He needs spiritual guidance before he radicalizes himself.”
I guess the women tried her best to help her son but…

http://www.informationng.com/2013/05/i-tried-to-stop-my-son-from-joining-islam-and-radicalizing-mother-of-woolwich-murderer.html

Re: I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder by wawaboy1(m): 10:04am On May 26, 2013
sometimes single mums fights for what(child custody) they could not handle.
Re: I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder by Nobody: 10:33am On May 26, 2013
I pity u mama! Is not ur fault. Islam is just like a deadly cancer,it kills both members and non-members. Islamic activities must be banned in other to move our world forward. IslamabaD!

2 Likes

Re: I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder by Psylas(m): 11:04am On May 26, 2013
Victim of islam
Re: I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:15am On May 26, 2013
I must study the psychology behind Islamic extremism. Just look at the guy, he looks ret@rded from all the brainwashing. Maybe I can apply the same methods to the opposite sex, and business.
Re: I Tried To Stop My Son From Joinin Islam &Radicalizin,mother Of Woolwich Murder by OAM4J: 11:59am On May 26, 2013

(1)

ANOTHER DEMOCRACY DAY: Which Way Forward Nigeria? / What State Is D.R Ernest Ndukwe From? / This Emperor Has No Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.