Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode (23126 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / El-rufai And His Deputy In Their Football Kits As They Prepared For A Match. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by alkadriyar(m): 10:52am On May 26, 2013
Nasir El-Rufai and his two daughters, By Femi Fani-Kayode
Premium Times - 1 hour agoCOLUMNS, OPINION

The graduate unemployment rate in Nigeria is 80 per cent yet these young people that are abusing and mocking my friend and brother, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, the former Minister of FCT, for saying that he has two daughters that have masters degrees but who cannot find jobs do not seem to appreciate the gravity of their own situation or understand the point that he was trying to make.
Nasir El-Rufai was simply speaking up for the very youths and jobless graduates that are now mocking and insulting him because of his comment. I assure you that his daughters will never starve and they can get jobs anywhere in the world or even end up working in any of his own numerous companies and business concerns if they so choose. He was only trying to use their plight as an example of the sad condition that Nigeria has found herself in where only two out of every ten graduates can find jobs.
If we put that in proper perspective it means that out of every one thousand graduates only 200 will find jobs and it means that out of every 10,000 graduates only 2000 will find jobs. This is as a consequence of the economic mess that the Jonathan administration has created in the last three years. The unemployment rate today has NEVER been as bad as it is today in our entire history. That is what Nasir El-Rufai was trying to point out only because he is humane and he empathises with the youth. He feels their pain. Those young people that do not get the point he was trying to make and that are mocking him and subjecting him and his daughters to ridicule and insults for saying what he said deserve to go through the suffering and frustration that they are experiencing in life.
Their colleagues and age-mates from other parts of the world have jobs and they are excelling and doing well simply because they live in functional, well-organised and well-led societies whose leaders care for their welfare and which have strong and booming economies. That is what Nasir El-Rufai wants for Nigeria and the Nigerian youth but most of them just don’t get it.
Well the joke is on them and not him and his daughters. Ignorance is a terrible diesease. Those youths ought to be thanking God that some of us that are leaders in the political class actually care about such issues and wish to highlight them. The truth is that most Nigerian politicians don’t and they really just don’t ”give a damn”. I commend Nasir for his courage, for the fact that he can cite his daughter’s cases as an example and for his efforts. Those young people on twitter and fb that have been insulting and mocking him ought to cut him some slack.

http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/136189-nasir-el-rufai-and-his-two-daughters-by-femi-fani-kayode.html

20 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by saintneo(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2013
Absolute nonsense from Femi Fani-Kayode (FFK). Do not be received by the words of a man working towards entrenchment of their prodigies on the rest of the people. If El Rufai's children that schooled abroad and probably have dual citizenship cannot secure a job after Masters degree, then they are irrelevant to the society. Let them partake in a valid recruitment devoid of backdoor solutions.

On the issue of the youths being ignorant of their condition to attack El Rufai's statement; Mr FFK, are you aware that NITEL is meant to be a great company with lots of employees? You friend Malam El Rufai destroyed NITEL while he was heading BPE. Proper privatisation of this company was not carried out, now NITEL is a big failure. Leaders care for the youth.....what a hog-wash! If leaders cared for the youths, El Rufai should have cared for the future of NITEL.

Let me not delve into the FCT matter.....

MODs move this thread to the front page.

If this thread doesn't move to the front page then it is tribalism at its peak and disenfranchisement of the Nigerian youth.

64 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:31am On May 26, 2013
Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by youngay: 11:32am On May 26, 2013
Can't belive dat crap.just mockin unemployed or political crap.
Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Sleekbaby(f): 11:38am On May 26, 2013
I wonder y ds man is draggin presido's name into ds, abeg lv d man joor, d story has been d same since 1900

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Cheggoon(m): 11:38am On May 26, 2013
Baba were ni FFK yi sha....

1 Like

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:38am On May 26, 2013
Sharrap useless man

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by johnwilson20101: 11:39am On May 26, 2013
El rufai is suffering from myopic political Jaundice.He should not have cited his daughters as case study.
Most Nigeria youth when given the resources expended on El rufais duaghters can venture into meaniful business.
Beside,he has functional companies and functional friends
He is trying to curry a political power might.
Nigeria are wiser now.
Every attempt to malign and assassinate the character of good luck Jonathan always return back to the sender
The decay and mess in the government was perpetrated by the likes of El Rufia.
Kudos should be given to the man that has come to clean up the mess.
It is either that El rufai Daughters are dumb Eggs heads or shell Skin Girls not to have been Employed
Bet El rufai purchased their certificate.
You fani Kayode,How many times did i call you.Just once
If yo do not have anything to say,just shut up.
You don't need to delve into every topic.
You are suffering from Political Kwashokor.
Enjoy the political orphanage you are.
I think you must remain into oblivion no matter how much you want to use the social network.The youths are wiser now.

31 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Harbb: 11:40am On May 26, 2013
How many jobs did the Obasanjo government he FFK served in create? He's now heaping every blame on GEJ's government that has been in place for barely 3 years. In a saner clime, people like FFK would bury their heads in shame.

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by shos: 11:41am On May 26, 2013
alkadriyar: Nasir El-Rufai and his two daughters, By Femi Fani-Kayode

The graduate unemployment rate in Nigeria is 80 per cent yet these young people that are abusing and mocking my friend and brother, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, the former Minister of FCT, for saying that he has two daughters that have masters degrees but who cannot find jobs do not seem to appreciate the gravity of their own situation or understand the point that he was trying to make.
Nasir El-Rufai was simply speaking up for the very youths and jobless graduates that are now mocking and insulting him because of his comment. I assure you that his daughters will never starve and they can get jobs anywhere in the world or even end up working in any of his own numerous companies and business concerns if they so choose. He was only trying to use their plight as an example of the sad condition that Nigeria has found herself in where only two out of every ten graduates can find jobs.
If we put that in proper perspective it means that out of every one thousand graduates only 200 will find jobs and it means that out of every 10,000 graduates only 2000 will find jobs. This is as a consequence of the economic mess that the Jonathan administration has created in the last three years. The unemployment rate today has NEVER been as bad as it is today in our entire history. That is what Nasir El-Rufai was trying to point out only because he is humane and he empathises with the youth. He feels their pain. Those young people that do not get the point he was trying to make and that are mocking him and subjecting him and his daughters to ridicule and insults for saying what he said deserve to go through the suffering and frustration that they are experiencing in life.
Their colleagues and age-mates from other parts of the world have jobs and they are excelling and doing well simply because they live in functional, well-organised and well-led societies whose leaders care for their welfare and which have strong and booming economies. That is what Nasir El-Rufai wants for Nigeria and the Nigerian youth but most of them just don’t get it.
Well the joke is on them and not him and his daughters. Ignorance is a terrible diesease. Those youths ought to be thanking God that some of us that are leaders in the political class actually care about such issues and wish to highlight them. The truth is that most Nigerian politicians don’t and they really just don’t ”give a damn”. I commend Nasir for his courage, for the fact that he can cite his daughter’s cases as an example and for his efforts. Those young people on twitter and fb that have been insulting and mocking him ought to cut him some slack.

http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/136189-nasir-el-rufai-and-his-two-daughters-by-femi-fani-kayode.html
rubbish

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by dplomaticVal: 11:41am On May 26, 2013
And Who tld
Dis Hungry Sycophant
That We Didnt Fathom
Wt Mr. Rufai Meant Wen He
Said His Daughters were Jobless angry mssw.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Ekpekus(m): 11:42am On May 26, 2013
Wishes are indeed not horses... What is this failure called FFK saying. If he and other politicians include El-Rufai could just do a little for their community or village, I believe their kinsmen will be better than their present state. Talk is very cheap. Nonsense!

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:43am On May 26, 2013
Femi kayode is being disengenious.

There's a saying which goes thus: person wey e papa dey heaven no dey go hell fire.

It is rife for well connected people to help their wards/buds/cronies secure favours with little or no hassle.

The above has not been the case for el Rufai and his daughters even with their degrees.

Everybody knows this is what El Rufai was alluding to. Well, except Femi Kayode.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Flyingngel(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2013
This fani or what is his name shld stop this rascality, let him show what he did when in government; was he not Obj attack dog? This politician self, always crying fool when they are not in authority.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Gboliwe: 11:46am On May 26, 2013
Lol @ the youths on facebook and twitter hurling insults at Elrufai.
This is the pre-beginning act, the prelude. I'm sure they have more insults for him for daring to mock their state, because thats exactly what he did with that stupid comment since he has numerous industries yet can't employ his incompetent MBA degree holding daughters.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by tyson55(m): 11:46am On May 26, 2013
He is suffering from selective amnesia
Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by tabontabon: 11:47am On May 26, 2013
What i understand by el-rufai's statement is that he is yet to secure a special asst,commissionership,ministerial or other juicy political/government appointments for his daughters.as per private sector employment,he could jst make some phone calls and it's done. They should stop deceiving us,we are not idiots.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Screwface(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2013
Jonathan isn't our problem, old man. You should know that much. The people who have governed us in one way or the other,(including your friend and brother, the Mallam,) over the last 4 decades are the ones to blame.

Nigeria's umemployment crises didn't just start 3 years ago. E don tey.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by size38: 11:48am On May 26, 2013
In as much as I agree with femi kayode to some extent, I also disagree on his assertion that GEJ's administration is the cause of uneployment in nigeria. The truth is that, nigeria has high uneployment rate long before GEJ became a governor in Bayelsa state, not even as a president. Fani kayode should be bold enough to tell Nigerians how many jobs he created as a minister under OBJ? Infact, they are all the cause of what they are complaining today.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Redoil: 11:52am On May 26, 2013
The problem with nigeria are much. How can foreing msc holders from the best uni in the world cannot create job for himself rather than waiting for gej to come and give them job. Let them go and joing police or nsdc to assist the country.

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Olaone1: 11:55am On May 26, 2013

The graduate unemployment rate in Nigeria is 80 per cent
Is he now a statistician? BTW, what's the percentage when you guys were in charge of this country? Idiota!

yet these young people that are abusing and mocking my friend and brother, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, the former Minister of FCT, for saying that he has two daughters that have masters degrees but who cannot find jobs do not seem to appreciate the gravity of their own situation or understand the point that he was trying to make.

Hehehe. Fani-Kayode is now an ally of El-Rufai. Now I know why they say permanent interest is politics no1 principle.

Their colleagues and age-mates from other parts of the world have jobs and they are excelling and doing well simply because they live in functional, well-organised and well-led societies whose leaders care for their welfare and the Nigerian youth but most of them just don’t get it.
There is unemployment everywhere. It is about 40% in Spain. And, there is a glut of graduates in the great UK. Italy is experiencing a huge crisis now because of unemployment.

Mr Fani-Kayode, you talk too much. As a young boy in 1998 (November, I think), I attended your hastily-arranged lecture at Premier Hotel, Ibadan, and you ranted on end for hours to the extent some reporters had to walk out on you. You rambled on and on about your rich lineage. You remember? You criticized Obasanjo and PDP so scathingly that day. You're fantasizing about AD at that time. That was probably your first lecture after years abroad. It's funny because you haven't changed much. You are still your talkative self. You are an unrepentant chancer!

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Redoil: 11:55am On May 26, 2013
As the aviation minister he stole over 6billion dollers which if properly invested could create job over 5million people.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Danfo(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2013
Premium Times - 1 hour ago COLUMNS, OPINION

Those youths ought to be thanking God that some of us that are leaders in the political class actually care about such issues and wish to highlight them.

We thank you for your caring o!

I've always thought the 'political class' are there primarily to care of the masses...now I know they deserve thanks for caring..

Stupid man..

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by specialguest(f): 11:58am On May 26, 2013
He doesnt need to insult Goodluck's administration just because his daughters have masters degree that was funded with stolen money and they are jobless. Afterall very soon his senator and governor friends would marry the daughters as 3rd and 4th wives so what do they need the job for? How many jobs did El- Rufai create for the youths when he had a chance as the minister for fct? Your daughters are only passing through a system you helped to collapse so stop whining.

11 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Olaone1: 12:05pm On May 26, 2013

Those youths ought to be thanking God that some of us that are leaders in the political class actually care about such issues and wish to highlight them.
Political class? In Nigeria? I laugh in Swahili. What a wa.nke.r! undecided
Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by mafioso47(m): 12:06pm On May 26, 2013
always tot Diarrhoea and constipation was a digestive ailment until this man started spewing poo from his mouth since he left office..

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 26, 2013
if job no dey, make them go marry.

personally I no go fit employ person for my company if him surname na abacha or buhari things.

rufai 's daughters won't have it easy, especially gofament jobs.
Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Napolitano(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2013
Femi Fani Kayode and Nasir El-Rufai are simply government critics who were ministerial beneficiaries of the Obasanjo administration.
Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by billante(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2013
Who ever listen to opposition views and believe their crap especially those that have been in power and are presently out of favor should know devil is using their destiny to play whot!

They have not and never will have d masses interest at heart will making any comment! They are just using d gullible to seek for power!

A word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by Rooneyboy(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2013
Redoil: The problem with nigeria are much. How can foreing msc holders from the best uni in the world cannot create job for himself rather than waiting for gej to come and give them job. Let them go and joing police or nsdc to assist the country.

what's ur point

undecided undecided undecided
Re: El-rufai And His Two Daughters By Femi Fani-kayode by MadCow1: 12:28pm On May 26, 2013
My position as the No.1 Mad Cow in Nigeria is seriously being threatened by this Yoruba Man. angry I guess having a Cattle rearer like El-Rufai as a mentor can do that to you.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MSME Survival Fund Scheme Registration: What You Should Know / Peter Ogban: PDP Hails Court For Jailing APC Rigging Prof / Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.