Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary (13041 Views)

Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo And Abdusalami At AU Assembly / Jonathan Didnt Meet Amaechi At The Dinner For Security Reason / Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by YemiAde3(m): 11:01pm On May 26, 2013
Abati has really changed.he is really learning this game of hide and seek from his senior officer Okupe d bulldog!Anyway, he's only playing Nigerian politrics. I'm sure when the time comes, he will write his own book like Segun, Yaradua's media guy
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by ballabriggs: 11:03pm On May 26, 2013
homesteady:

Did Amechi faction of NGF tell us the person that videoed the election process with his phone And it seems you did not really read what he said!! He said it was not only GEJ that was represented by a representative!! So maybe the other presidents are also daft and foolish!! FOR HEAVENS SAKE how 'll he send a minister to have a meeting with other presidents!! My dear think well

What is my business with Amaechi's faction on this thread now? My friend open another thread if you want to talk that.

Point is how important was this meeting? What infrastructure? What was the out come of this meeting? Who else was in attendance?
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by rafcrown(m): 11:04pm On May 26, 2013
TRUTH IS BITTER
PRESIDENT DEY GBALADUN....FELA
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by iykofias(m): 11:06pm On May 26, 2013
There's too many people in seats of power who just haven't got a clue what they're doing. They're bean counters, and it just pisses me off because consequently we youth suffers it d most.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by badaru1(m): 11:11pm On May 26, 2013
Why will the president spend tax payers money to go to AU meeting just to discusd on the sideline? For me sahara reporters are right.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by solomon111(m): 11:14pm On May 26, 2013
Lol.
Sahara reporters just keep destroying their own credibility by themselves.
Only a lame-brained slowpoke would take them serious.
"sahara reporters" indeed.

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by solomon111(m): 11:15pm On May 26, 2013
badaru1: Why will the president spend tax payers money to go to AU meeting just to discusd on the sideline? For me sahara reporters are right.
hahaha.
Look at this guy.

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by homesteady(m): 11:19pm On May 26, 2013
ballabriggs:

What is my business with Amaechi's faction on this thread now? My friend open another thread if you want to talk that.

Point is how important was this meeting? What infrastructure? What was the out come of this meeting? Who else was in attendance?

Like seriously!! Are you asking me this questions?? You don't know what presidents discuss??
SMH!!
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by solomon111(m): 11:21pm On May 26, 2013
egift: For all those who will like to confuse the facts, here are what we can all can now agree on:
1. According to SaharaReporters, when Jonathan was called upon to speak, he was nowhere to be found (the report did mention he could have gone for a meeting or toilet), his ministers did not inform protocols, they did not either reserve another slot for our Presido and he only came around for group pictures.

2. According to Abati, what SaharaReporters stated was correct. He added that Presido "was attending on the sidelines".

So why are you guys antagonizing SR? Is there any other outlets that reported it? They had only hoped it went unnoticed. Abeg free SR. Just tell Oga not to be playing "on the sidelines". We need him playing inside the field.
Go and check the incredulous reason SR gave for GEJ's absence and you will know how ridiculous you sound.

4 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by homesteady(m): 11:23pm On May 26, 2013
badaru1: Why will the president spend tax payers money to go to AU meeting just to discusd on the sideline? For me sahara reporters are right.

LOL!! I'm sure it would have been better if he went to the various countries of the presidents he had the meeting with!! Thereby spending more taxpayers money!! GOOd IDEA!!

2 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by legendarysegzi(m): 11:28pm On May 26, 2013
na nairaland mouth be OFA na im still be OJE. who cares about bullsh*t slot that they keep talkin 'bout. And 4rm a gud source we heard GEJ had a running stomach and dis made him 2 miss d f** slot
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by abacus(m): 11:39pm On May 26, 2013
koruji: People that talk crap without knowledge of history.
If you know anything about the UN security council you will understand the non-permanent seat is for all comers.
This is no achievement at all. Read below to educate yourself:

They are praise singers.. they see that weakling an achiever.. Nigeria hmmmmmm!!
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:39pm On May 26, 2013
Mr apathy, please take time off this your lying culture. Your mum just died, show her some respect undecided

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by abacus(m): 11:42pm On May 26, 2013
Goddex: Our APC hawks in Nairaland abhor this kind of explanation. They prefer only negative comments and will give a blind eye to this or try to prove Abati wrong even when they were not there.

Pot calling kettle black.. Our GEJ {PDP} hawks in Nigeria.. You did the same to Buhari, El-Rufai etc ..

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by abacus(m): 11:45pm On May 26, 2013
looknlaff: Methinks Mr Abati and Saharareporters who broke the news are both saying the same thing but with different motives. The bottom line is that at the appointed time that President Jonathan was to make his speech, he was unavailable. Whether it was as a result of hangover of excess apeteshi of the previous night or late strategising on how to upturn Ameachi's victory as stated by Saharareporters or a corner, corner bilateral gist with an unmentioned fellow president is irrelevant.
Gbam! million times.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by thelastpope10: 11:49pm On May 26, 2013
ACN and sahara reporters have introduced a whole new pettiness into Nigerian media. When has it become a big deal for the president not to make a speech. What difference does a speech make. All the negociations are done in the different meetings that go on during the UN sessions. Speeches mean nothing. This is too petty honestly. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Rastamann: 11:54pm On May 26, 2013
Story story! the president was having sleepless night over Governor Ameachi's re-election and he finally over slept.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by thelastpope10: 11:55pm On May 26, 2013

What do you think he spent taxpayers money to go do? To make a speech? Your ignorance is legendary! The UN meeting is not about speeches. It is about meetings of presidents and their various aides! Terrible ignorance you have displayed there!

2 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by DICKtator: 11:59pm On May 26, 2013
ok we believe you mr reuben abati. jonathan wasnt miss sl.ut at AU Summit. guess he was Miss prostitute. But i wonder who was Miss Sl.ut?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by egift(m): 12:19am On May 27, 2013
solomon111: Go and check the incredulous reason SR gave for GEJ's absence and you will know how ridiculous you sound.

What incredulous reasons - does it include the speculation that the previous day's nkwobi and gallon of palmwine could have contributed to the absence? grin grin grin

SR did state he was in the meeting, but dashed out, his name was called and nobody gave any reasonable excuse for his absence. Now Abati have taken time to weigh all the excuses and present one that cools the nerves most. Abeg there is nothing wrong with speculating he went to toilet! Is he not a human being eating N3billion food?

2 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by 9japatroit(m): 12:19am On May 27, 2013
just like mr abati has said,i see this whole brouhaha about missing slot as much ado about nothing.

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by egift(m): 12:27am On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10: When has it become a big deal for the president not to make a speech. What difference does a speech make. All the negociations are done in the different meetings that go on during the UN sessions. Speeches mean nothing. This is too petty honestly. SMH!

@Bold above:
So if Nairaland Forum send you to London to represent us and you will also present a speech - and when it gets to our turn and they keep screaming your name but you are nowhere to be found - Do You Think Its Petty?

2 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by reindeer: 12:58am On May 27, 2013
Interesting,
the president was meeting on the ''sidelines'' at the very same time he was supposed to be addressing the assembly? which hare-brain scheduled the meeting? Ok let us even assume this cock and bull story is true, the president and his protocol team had no decency to inform the assembly he would not be coming to talk and reschedule? We are not kids man, SR has exposed and has been proven true on many occasions, from Yaradua's illness that eventually gave GEJ the chance, to Patience GEJ's illness. If i have to gamble, i pitch my tent with SR as they have been proven correct on many occasions while Abati was lying through his teeth.

3 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by lacasa: 1:09am On May 27, 2013
angry

President Goodluck Jonathan Got Drunk….Could Not Address African Leaders:

Several diplomats at the 50th anniversary summit of the OAU in Addis Ababa have confirmed to SaharaReporters that the Nigerian president was too irate and inebriated to go and address the meeting yesterday. Saharareporters had revealed yesterday the Mr. Jonathan failed to show up when it was his turn to address a summit of African heads of states who met in Addis Ababa starting midweek. Several sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Jonathan was so infuriated over the outcome of an election by the Nigerian Governors’ Forum that he drank himself to a stupor. “Mr. President made several calls to Governor Godswill Akpabio rebuking him for allowing the elections to take place even when it was clear that the president’s candidate Governor Jonah Jang was likely to lose”, says one of our sources.
The account of what led Jonathan’s failure to deliver his speech contradicted an explanation offered by President Jonathan’s spokesman, Reuben Abati.
Mr. Abati contacted several media organizations yesterday to claim that President Jonathan was engaged with a small meeting on “West Africa Infrastructure” at the time that he was supposed to give the speech. One of our sources indicated that Mr. Jonathan indeed had a problem with Diarrhoea, adding that the ailment was a direct result of the president’s excessive drinking to the wee hours the night before.
A Nigerian who was present in the hall also disclosed that Mr. Jonathan looked unsteady when he eventually returned for a photo-op with other African leaders.
Mr. Jonathan is known to have an intestinal disorder referred to as ‘Amoebic Colitis’. Last February he underwent testing at the London Clinic on Harley Street to check up on the disease.

-SaharaReporters
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by egift(m): 1:25am On May 27, 2013
Is it possible SaharaReporters has a mole in GEJ crew? Before Abati and co could even come-up with a good lie - they are already written, edited and published.

Up SaharaReporters!

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 1:51am On May 27, 2013
Mr. Abati contacted several media organizations yesterday to claim that President Jonathan was engaged with a small meeting on “West Africa Infrastructure” at the time that he was supposed to give the speech. One of our sources indicated that Mr. Jonathan indeed had a problem with Diarrhoea, adding that the ailment was a direct result of the president’s excessive drinking to the wee hours the night before.
A Nigerian who was present in the hall also disclosed that Mr. Jonathan looked unsteady when he eventually returned for a photo-op with other African leaders.
Mr. Jonathan is known to have an intestinal disorder referred to as ‘Amoebic Colitis’. Last February he underwent testing at the London Clinic on Harley Street to check up on the disease.

-Same excuse by Dr Abati, Sahara reporters is right.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by koruji(m): 2:05am On May 27, 2013
Please stop jumping around. The statement was that this was an achievement all previous Nigerian rulers could not attain. I simply pointed the falsity of such ignorant talk.

I believe GEJ did not give his talk to show his displeasure over something. Perhaps he got word that the AU was going to endorse another country for the seat, and called their bluff. To which I say well-done to him. However, this does not make this some high level achievement as my post pointed out.

Alxmyr:
Nothing will ever be seen as achievement as long as GEJ is concerned.
If AU had refused to adopt Nigeria for the seat, the likes of you, the APC goons and Sahara Reporter will be flourishing on Nairaland, ranting about how GEJ failed to secure UN seat.
I perfectly understand its no achievement, afterall it was under your "brainless, clueless president". I understand.

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by clint77ng: 2:45am On May 27, 2013
Abati na u even worse pass. These fools will say rubbish and you will leave your work to come and explain. E bi like say u no get work. If you no explain, dem go kill you? Na dem be God? Yoruba wetin? GEJ collect una slot? Y una no go allow us hear word. Good luck kill una mama and papa. Wetin?
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by egift(m): 3:25am On May 27, 2013
clint77ng: Abati na u even worse pass. These fools will say rubbish and you will leave your work to come and explain. E bi like say u no get work. If you no explain, dem go kill you? Na dem be God? Yoruba wetin? GEJ collect una slot? Y una no go allow us hear word. Good luck kill una mama and papa. Wetin?

English please.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Chosen4ever: 4:02am On May 27, 2013
You are invited to attend the forth coming International Crusade titled,'THAT YOKE MUST BREAK'.Organised by the Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, and the venue is at the HQ church, Ijesha, Lagos (Ijesha B/stop); in June 1-2, 2013; 8am daily.

All your yokes must be destroyed by the annointing;ministering is the General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka.
Be there!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping / Lagos Residents Tired Of Being Ruled Under One Man Says Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.