Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary (13041 Views)

Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo And Abdusalami At AU Assembly / Jonathan Didnt Meet Amaechi At The Dinner For Security Reason / Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 4:50am On May 27, 2013
I'm totally dis agree with you!
Broken TV: What i want nigerian to understand is that Sahara reporters are Acn, acn= Sahara reporters. I have not seen where those bulldogs Sahara reporters praised Jonathan for one day for during something good always looking for way to ridicule him Sahara reporters are payed agent of Acn. One day they will also tell us that Gej did not brush his teeth before coming on national tv and they will also be backed by those toothless blind members that have lost their sense.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Gamesmart: 5:19am On May 27, 2013
Broken TV: What i want nigerian to understand is that Sahara reporters are Acn, acn= Sahara reporters. I have not seen where those bulldogs Sahara reporters praised Jonathan for one day for during something good always looking for way to ridicule him Sahara reporters are payed agent of Acn. One day they will also tell us that Gej did not brush his teeth before coming on national tv and they will also be backed by those toothless blind members that have lost their sense.

Saharareporters do not need to look for a way to ridicule Jonathan. Jonathan is splendidly stupid and intellectually bankrupt enough to flash in their eyes and provide them with a monthly consumption of something to ridicule him with. If ACN is paying Saharareporters to "look" for something to ridicule Retardeen with, then ACN is flushing its money down the toilet. You don't pay for Manna, it is free. You don't pay for "Fresh Odour" in a pit latrine, it is a complementary provision. Retardeen is the dumbest president we have ever had.

As for the special adviser, Comical Abati:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 6:05am On May 27, 2013
Chosen4ever:

All You gullible sheep are invited to attend the forth coming International Crusade titled,'THAT YOKE MUST BREAK'.Organised by the Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, and the venue is at the Business HQ church, Ijesha, Lagos (Ijesha B/stop); on June 1-2, 2013; 8am daily.

All your yokes must be destroyed by the annointing;ministering is the General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka.
Be there!!! AND Don't forget to come with your financial contributions.-G.O must buy Jet Oh.Hallelujah!!!
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Omen100(m): 6:12am On May 27, 2013
solomon111: Go and check the incredulous reason SR gave for GEJ's absence and you will know how ridiculous you sound.

I thought Solomon's are met to be wise & intelligent people but I have thought wrong unlike u own solomon, you are a disgraced to mankind & a catastrophe to your family" pls use your god givin brain to reason logically.

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by solace2013: 6:30am On May 27, 2013
Methink it is better for the shoeless Jonathan to avoid making a speech the way he did than to release some of his grammatical bullets/missiles to the rest of the continent of Africa, leave Jona alone, "Temi Yemi".....

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by joa2013: 6:37am On May 27, 2013
Omen100:

I thought Solomon's are met to be wise & intelligent people but I have thought wrong unlike u own solomon, you are a disgraced to mankind & a catastrophe to your family" pls use your god givin brain to reason logically.
Omen 100, omen, this must be a bad omen, Jonathan is a CELEBRATED FAILURE, simple!
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Demdem(m): 6:54am On May 27, 2013
I wonder what the retardeen would have said even if he was present. Same old rubbish.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 7:09am On May 27, 2013
So the organizers were so clueless that a meeting at the "sidelines" was holding same time when the plenary session was holding and did not know he was in the meeting and kept announcing his name.There were no assistants or whatsoever to provide that information.

What does Abati take us for?
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by killuminati(m): 7:10am On May 27, 2013
egift: For all those who will like to confuse the facts, here are what we can all can now agree on:
1. According to SaharaReporters, when Jonathan was called upon to speak, he was nowhere to be found (the report did mention he could have gone for a meeting or toilet), his ministers did not inform protocols, they did not either reserve another slot for our Presido and he only came around for group pictures.

2. According to Abati, what SaharaReporters stated was correct. He added that Presido "was attending on the sidelines".

So why are you guys antagonizing SR? Is there any other outlets that reported it? They had only hoped it went unnoticed. Abeg free SR. Just tell Oga not to be playing "on the sidelines". We need him playing inside the field.
LMAO @ playing on the sideline... Jonapunk don turn linesman be dat ohgrin
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 7:14am On May 27, 2013
lacasa: angry

President Goodluck Jonathan Got Drunk….Could Not Address African Leaders:

Several diplomats at the 50th anniversary summit of the OAU in Addis Ababa have confirmed to SaharaReporters that the Nigerian president was too irate and inebriated to go and address the meeting yesterday. Saharareporters had revealed yesterday the Mr. Jonathan failed to show up when it was his turn to address a summit of African heads of states who met in Addis Ababa starting midweek. Several sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Jonathan was so infuriated over the outcome of an election by the Nigerian Governors’ Forum that he drank himself to a stupor. “Mr. President made several calls to Governor Godswill Akpabio rebuking him for allowing the elections to take place even when it was clear that the president’s candidate Governor Jonah Jang was likely to lose”, says one of our sources.
The account of what led Jonathan’s failure to deliver his speech contradicted an explanation offered by President Jonathan’s spokesman, Reuben Abati.
Mr. Abati contacted several media organizations yesterday to claim that President Jonathan was engaged with a small meeting on “West Africa Infrastructure” at the time that he was supposed to give the speech. One of our sources indicated that Mr. Jonathan indeed had a problem with Diarrhoea, adding that the ailment was a direct result of the president’s excessive drinking to the wee hours the night before.
A Nigerian who was present in the hall also disclosed that Mr. Jonathan looked unsteady when he eventually returned for a photo-op with other African leaders.
Mr. Jonathan is known to have an intestinal disorder referred to as ‘Amoebic Colitis’. Last February he underwent testing at the London Clinic on Harley Street to check up on the disease.

-SaharaReporters
Sahara has spoken.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by icekenkey(m): 7:18am On May 27, 2013
This man has got to be kidding us. Nothing justifies GEJ's failure to deliver his speech (Nigeria's statement on the state of AU affairs and what the future holds.). Didn't he listen to the statements of hope delivered by other Presidents? Abbati's despicable attempt to justify GEJ's unfortunate and inexcusable conduct is irrational, and must be condemned rigorously and relentlessly by well-meaning Nigerians home and abroad. Instead of him to apologise to Nigerians or at least come up with a plausible excuse, Abbati is attempting to justify the unjustifiable. It's not going to wash with some of us - it is an exercise in futility. This guy should at least credit us with some intelligence. We are not fools - we can discern between good and bad. And, with respect, if GEJ will not get his act together at home, he should at least do so when he is abroad and stop embarrassing the country. He should not take the patience and longsuffering of Nigerians to mean weakness. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Segema: 7:25am On May 27, 2013
This is not the first time the President will be missing in action at an international summit, it was the same story at the Commonwealth summit in Australia, now AU, lets call a spade by its name and not start passing bulk.

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by anonimi: 7:57am On May 27, 2013
henchamb:
Nigeria was expected to run unopposed for a 2010–11 seat, but unexpectedly faced competition from Sierra Leone. Nigeria has already served thrice in the UNSC, while Sierra Leone served only once.[2] Sierra Leone did not contest the seat, however. Instead, Gabon ran for the second seat.

And despite the bold portion above some people still wish to denigrate the efforts of Jonathan's administration to secure the endorsement of the 54 member AU for Nigeria's election into the UN Security Council. As I stated on the other thread it is obvious that the DESPERADOS in the opposition are gradually revealing their strategy to CONFUSE the Nigerian public:

Divert attention from Jonathan's increasingly manifest achievements by making propaganda of blowing out of proportion any imaginary slip.

But our eyes are becoming more open to focus on the REAL issues that matter to us as a nation and we will not be deceived anymore, InshaAllah

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by biodex(m): 8:03am On May 27, 2013
Believe d whole drama has been stage before d meeting start, jona dosnt have d mind to give speech based on d corrupt practices in naija...so he disguised as if he's attending foolish infrastructure meeting which will held nothing...abati should be stoned for trying to cover d ass of jona..shame on our president and is so called cabinets..god bless nigeria.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 8:03am On May 27, 2013
†ђξ truth Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ ‎​Ϟo more prevailent i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ society anymore.Who are we τ̲̅ȍ believe i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ T̲̣̣̥HĨ̷̊S ogbonge matter №ω,PSN,†ђξ Sahara Reporters or Abati?
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 8:17am On May 27, 2013
vizboy: Sahara reporters and their junk outbursts just to talk bad against the president.
I can see our politheificians has really taken over our press
You keep on saying Sahara Reporters, and sometimes, Premium Times, are liers and bent on giving the public a false image of GEJ only for their news to be confirmed by even the Presidency. When Sahara Reporters reported that Petience Jonathan was sick you said it was a lie. Was it not the same Patience Jonathan that came back to confirm Sahara Reports' news item when she said she died for two weeks? How about the case of Governor Danbaba Suntai.

2 Likes

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Gamji007: 8:34am On May 27, 2013
Rastamann: Story story! the president was having sleepless night over Governor Ameachi's re-election and he finally over slept.

GBAM!
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by ocelot2006(m): 8:36am On May 27, 2013
Prof Corruption:

lol. Abati is a huge joke.

Care to explain?
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Nobody: 8:39am On May 27, 2013
;DFani kayode mayb right after all(abati a product of same-sex marriage)
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Dee60: 8:45am On May 27, 2013
Serial liars.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Ijebulogic(m): 8:51am On May 27, 2013
I feel for the President as he is surrounded by incompetent advisers....It is not GEJ's job to be planning meetings, there are people employed and given the full power and resources of the Presidential office to sort these things out. It can not be that difficult to schedule meetings and speeches. How can a team that cant schedule meetings possibly deliver on power, security and economic stability?

1 Like

Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by slimfit1(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2013

Maybe Sahara reporters and acn just have high standards,it is obvious that you and the president don't have at all.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Ijebulogic(m): 9:08am On May 27, 2013
Apparently nothing new here:

Goodbye Goodluck, but Nigerian show goes on

by: Amanda O'Brien
October 28, 2011 12:00AM

THE mysterious non-appearance of Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan at a packed CHOGM forum yesterday where he was scheduled to outline his country's mining potential, failed to stop his delegation launching a strong bid for investors to get on board.

Nigeria has one of the biggest delegations with more than 120 people and its towering President with his distinctive black hat has cut an imposing figure at the business forum all week.

But there was no explanation yesterday when he failed to appear for two scheduled speeches.

Nigerian Mines and Steel Minister Musa Mohammed Sada took his place, declaring Nigeria "the last frontier" for mineral exploration in west Africa as he touted for investors.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/goodbye-goodluck-but-nigerian-show-goes-on/story-fnapmixa-1226178871235
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by BrokenTV: 9:09am On May 27, 2013
ibrayos: I'm totally dis agree with you!
i dont care if you agree with me or you dont i have said my own if you dont have something credible to say just kukuma use padlock bottle you mouth.
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by hassey(m): 9:16am On May 27, 2013
homesteady: It's good Abbati came out and cleared the air!! Well I know some people will rather believe otherwise!! BTW, a person with good thinking and reasoning would have thought of this from the begining!!
what exertly as he cleared here? Instead he stylishly suport d innitial news. Bsds he never said jeg was available wen he was call to giv his speach, instead he said he was away! Y away wen he knew he had a slot to talk. Bsds am sure what ever d side meeting dey have would av bin beter after d submit, lets b objective pls and act wisely, is high tym we tell ds fools call politicians we ar tired of dere cook stories. but is very unfortunate dat sum minors will still beliv monkey abati stories
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by hardbody: 9:30am On May 27, 2013
1hunna: this forum is getting dry day by day.

You can say that again
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by Aringon(m): 9:42am On May 27, 2013
What I am going to write here is the truth, if u like attack me, since GEJ increased the pump price of petrol and subsequent partial removal of fuel subsidy and that affected many companies affiliated to people from the south west Nigeria. They started hating GEJ and since they have the press, the use it to attack his person the way they deem fit.
ACN Publicity Secretary went to an extent of saying the President should not use the Lagos roads, trying to draw the sympathy of Nigerians to APC or whtever party.

Forgetting that, all politicians are criminals and same ideology. GEJ and his cabinet are trying after all when OBJ was there he messed up but the South West never raised dusts this way. So many people don't know the workings of government and GEJ will not be so stupid to have left the presentation to do another thing.

Remember he is someone's father, stop calling him silly names and if u should continue, the generations next will condemn you much more than what you are calling him and excuse me don't gimme the crap that if I behave like him
Re: Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary by PEREP: 10:09am On May 27, 2013
icekenkey: This man has got to be kidding us. Nothing justifies GEJ's failure to deliver his speech (Nigeria's statement on the state of AU affairs and what the future holds.). Didn't he listen to the statements of hope delivered by other Presidents? Abbati's despicable attempt to justify GEJ's unfortunate and inexcusable conduct is irrational, and must be condemned rigorously and relentlessly by well-meaning Nigerians home and abroad. Instead of him to apologise to Nigerians or at least come up with a plausible excuse, Abbati is attempting to justify the unjustifiable. It's not going to wash with some of us - it is an exercise in futility. This guy should at least credit us with some intelligence. We are not fools - we can discern between good and bad. And, with respect, if GEJ will not get his act together at home, he should at least do so when he is abroad and stop embarrassing the country. He should take the patience and longsuffering of Nigerians to mean weakness. God bless Nigeria.

Meaning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping / Lagos Residents Tired Of Being Ruled Under One Man Says Jimi Agbaje

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.