Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories (11090 Views)

Buhari To Give Primary School Pupils Free Meals. / Photos: Good old memories! / Back To School- Memories Of Secondary School Socials Back In The Day (2) (3) (4)

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by lekkie073(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2013
children home school molete ibadan..
proud of a private day and boarding school for primary pupils......
and the fact that it was established in 1948
then finishing at st bernadette nursery and primary school, ipaja
i forgot to add that my nursery school was new city boarding school, ketu , lagos
eyes have seen....
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by samilo88(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2013
I didn't read about Edet, Agbo, Simbi, Mr Sada and the likes. No thanks to my school that decided we used Evans publishers. Thanks should go to Mc millian publishers for integrating nigerian culture into those books that was used in primary schools. Unlike Evans publishers, we were forced to read about british cultures, about the exploits of Mongo Park, David livingstone and the rest of them. I really loved the stories embedded in those of McMillian that I always collect my friends reader back then. Really, growing up was the bomb back then, I really enjoyed my primary school. Springfield nursery and primary school abule egba representing.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by sylve11: 11:30am On May 27, 2013
Life ehn! One would say, there is no sweeter memory than that of one being a child. God why can't u just make the world sweet like that of the children's world? sad sad sad sad cool

Happy children's day!
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Blazinraj01(f): 11:35am On May 27, 2013
Tolexander: what year did you finish in staff school?
I left pearl in 1996 when i was in primary 4!

I finished from Staff School in 2002. smiley
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Nobody: 11:35am On May 27, 2013
Ralia the sugar girl is no longer a sugar girl now oh,she's now a saucy girl....................I missed those days
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by nikkypearl(f): 11:38am On May 27, 2013
Miss those days in Ideal nursery and. Primary school wen we sing;H I P for da yi,for da yipopo,P O,P O. For da yipopo and c S u S for da yi popotemus!Yipopotemus grin
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by MsNas(f): 11:39am On May 27, 2013
Who's guilty of this? grin grin

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by gentlegg(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2013
One of my greatest memory of primary school was when we were asked to recite "THE TEN NAUGHTY MONKEYS"
Men our teacher mean those days, we will all stand in front of the class one by one to recite how those naughty monkeys all died.

Ten Naughty Monkeys
On a railway track,
Along came a big train,
Then they were nine

Nine Naughty Monkeys
Looking up to the sky
One tries to jump there
Then they were nine

Can't remember others. Menn, i was even reciting it loud in my dreams.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by sylve11: 11:40am On May 27, 2013
Ms Nas: Who's guilty of this? grin grin

Get behind me! grin grin grin cool
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by jinkees: 11:43am On May 27, 2013
Rehnoy: Come and buy my rice come and buy my beans come and buy
some tins of milk.
the market woman says
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by onomelenshi(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2013
auchi poly sec sch,ambrose alli university sec sch
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Joey82(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2013

gosh ms nas u got me cracking real hard.
no kill person abeg, i'm guilty as charged.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by biodex(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2013
Christ Assembly pry school, Alakoto....remember mama akpan coconut rice wit sisi pelebe...lolz
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by MsNas(f): 11:49am On May 27, 2013
sylve11:

Get behind me! grin grin grin cool
cheesy cheesy
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by cecegorz(m): 11:56am On May 27, 2013
Back in the days of the 80s. On a day like this, I will be armed with a one naira coin feeding allowance, and head straight to the LGA head quarters for the school match past.
After the match past, comes the all day feasting. walls vanilla ice creams, rice, boiled eggs, fizzy drinks et al. All on the one naira coin!
Chai, what did they do to our economy?!

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Azone: 12:38pm On May 27, 2013
One of those things i remember vividly is how we struggle for positions... When being top of the class was highly competitive. We do Bodmas recitation every morning, if you fail MR Mensah would wipe your ass.

I rep JUNIOR STRIDE ACADEMY...Vini Vidi Vici....

That my primary school building don turn residential apartment for Lagos Street Adekunle...
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by lekkie073(m): 12:43pm On May 27, 2013
Azone: One of those things i remember vividly is how we struggle for positions... When being top of the class was highly competitive. We do Bodmas recitation every morning, if you fail MR Mensah would wipe your ass.

I rep JUNIOR STRIDE ACADEMY...Vini Vidi Vici....

That my primary school building don turn residential apartment for Lagos Street Adekunle...

u sef go don turn to something else now o grin
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by obi123: 12:47pm On May 27, 2013
NAMES OF NOISEMAKERS IS GOING ON!
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Tolexander: 12:50pm On May 27, 2013
Blazinraj01:

I finished from Staff School in 2002. smiley
from staff school to what secondary school?
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Tolexander: 12:51pm On May 27, 2013
obi123: NAMES OF NOISEMAKERS IS GOING ON!
i will write down your name for speaking vernacular!
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by ggood: 12:52pm On May 27, 2013
Agbo lives in the town of Lagoon which is not far from Ibadan. Every morning, he goes to school. He was in Primary four. Everyone liked Agbo because he was always happy and friendly. His father gave him a wristwatch and he was very proud of it. One day, he woke up late…

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by ggood: 12:53pm On May 27, 2013
Old Ronger is dead and gone to his grave…

Uhm, ahh, gone to his grave

They planted a mango tree over his head…

Uhm, ahh, over his head

The mangoes grew ripe and ready to burst…

Uhm, ahh, ready to burst

There came a high wind to blow them all of…

Uhm, ahh, blow them all off

There came an old woman to pick them all up

Uhm,ah, pick them all up

Old Roger rose up and gave her a knock…

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Mudley313: 12:54pm On May 27, 2013
Rehnoy: 1. Ali is no longer a boy because Simbi is now a woman.

2. Edet is no more living in Calabar as he is now in Abuja.

3. Agbo is presently working in Canada as he's no more living in the town of Lagoon.

4. Eze no longer goes to school because he is now a Graduate.

5. In fact, the drummer boy is no more drumming as he's presently a Business tycoon.

Cheii! How time flies....

Wait a minute, if those names mentioned are strange to you;

WHICH PRIMARY SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND?

HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY to all NAIRALANDER!

oh boy, person don old oh...

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by SpicyMimi(f): 1:05pm On May 27, 2013
Not sure if I can remeber this particular poem, bt u could help out.. smiley

Aja meji sun si le
Awon meji to ro ba le
Awon meta se ere pa
*Taiye* gbe paali si inu motto

Lool...my yoruba sucks!
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 27, 2013
That was when my hardest decision was picking which crayon to use for my paintings. But now, SMH
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by SpicyMimi(f): 1:08pm On May 27, 2013
Lmaoooooooo!
I so loovveeee this pic.
Seems the boy behind him knows he can't recite it well hence decided to close his eyes with a cute smile....awwwh
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by olly4life: 1:16pm On May 27, 2013
IF AS A CHILD, you didn't eat okin biscuit, gogo, sisi pelebe, chocomilo, baba dudu, coster biscuit, goody goody, condensed milk, M&K, pako biscuit, ptit, balewa, eyin alangba, ekona gowon, alata biscuit, ABC biscuit........ Drink- solo coke, lolly, fan ice, black currant; you didn't watch spidaman, jonny bravo, incredible hawk, tom and jerry, voltron, power rangers, danger mouse, se same streets (lol) tales by moon light, village headmaster, The new masquerade, second chance, jaguar, kunta kunte, rich also cry....... You didn't read Ali & Simbi, Agbo goes to school, Things fall apart, Bottle leopard ....... or you didn't indulge in mummy and daddy, mother may i, rolling of tyres, police and thief, ten ten, suwe, hide and seek (boju boju).............. Then your childhood was totally LAME! Forget say you be 'AJEBO' ........ You no enjoy reach us! ☺

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Norajones(f): 1:19pm On May 27, 2013
Me bin no dey stay for class oo,,na for mama obinna wey dey sell ofe aku na there i dey dey....chie,abeg no tell my papa oo
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by slimchimex(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2013
Time can fly

Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by dozieo(m): 1:23pm On May 27, 2013
Totally true bro...besides any children day that it doesn't rain is really hard to picture...I always enjoyed the March past as well as licking the coloured Ice cream in nylon, while being beaten by the rain...coming home with rain soaked clothes and getting my ears pulled by mum for coming in late as usual!
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Norajones(f): 1:31pm On May 27, 2013
Parents listen to ur children,we are the leader of tomorrow,,try and pay our school fees and give us sound education.....my dad used to hate dis song cos i always sing it when he delayed in paying my fees,,,now its no more school fees its,,parent pls payrent.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories by Azone: 1:39pm On May 27, 2013
lekkie073:
u sef go don turn to something else now o grin

grin grin grin..For sure nah, I don MEGA.. grin

New Scam Are You Familiar With This? / Crazy And Unusual Traditions/Facts From Around The World! / When Was The Last Time You Had N5 In Your Wallet? How Did You Spend It?