Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History (3063 Views)

PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo / Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria / "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by jmaine: 11:45am On May 27, 2013
Wonders shall never end . . .Coming from the Northern elders is quite rich . . .

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by PointB: 12:00pm On May 27, 2013
At least some of us know how much is budgeted for entertainment by the current president. Question is who knows how much past presidents budgeted for same? No one I bet, because transperency was never in the scheme of things in the past presidents. If you take it a step lower, how much are state governors such as Rochas, Nyarko, Fashola etc spending on feeding? I bet you these are shrouded in mystery because the knowledge itself can cause an politicL earthquake. Only one president has been transperent enough to tell us how much he spend feeding and hosting foreign dignitaries in Aso Rock (even though mischievious fellows will want you to believe it is for his personal feeding). I believe we are smarter than what these hypocrited who open thread upon thread to sell their propaganda of hate think. They stand alone in the hateful corner - they are children of anger!
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Gamji007: 12:02pm On May 27, 2013
Gbawe:

Man mi, you should have ignored them and just waited for sensible contributors to discuss with. I have realised that those who destroy threads here, so that facts can never emerge or win, are the ethnic/religious/sectional bigots. The best approach is to ignore those who only offer sentiments and can never rise to the occasion and deal dispassionately with facts.

While the Northern leaders may exaggerate, it is liars and clannish elements, as we see here on virtually every topic, who will not accept that GEJ has done nothing in relation to the biggest problems of Nigeria. In fact, and using facts, he has worsened some of the biggest headaches of Nigeria thus making the nation worse for those not into sentiments and clannish pontifications. That is how a Politically sophisticated citizenry will judge their leaders i.e efficacy at solving established major problems impeding progress and development. There is no Government, not even Abacha's, that can be siad not to have "performed" by supporters. What we should simply look at are the major, perennial and very serious issues plaguing Nigeria and how GEJ has fared in that regard.

Anyone capable of doing so dispassionately will see that GEJ is a big failure. It is thus a waste of time responding to those you have because non of them fall in the category of posters here who use fact and logic, whatever side they are on, to prove their case and conviction. They are a waste of time and you will gain nothing engaging them other than get into the fact-destroying gutter with them as they prefer.

If objective and genuinely intelligent supporters of GEJ show up (assuming they even exist) and are willing to enunciate his achievements as per the major problems of Nigeria, i.e those thwarting our development, then I will engage such folks. Until they show, I will ignore the usual rabble-rousers and I advise you do same. We cannot continue acting like children here where a lot of emotions and sentiments are thrown around yet very little educational facts come to the fore. Such conduct only promote mass ignorance and self-induced myopia.

Noted smiley
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:04pm On May 27, 2013
.......if only elections are won on social media!

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Gamji007: 12:08pm On May 27, 2013
PointB:

Pathetic, silly and clearly over used line of reasoning.

Perhaps God should treat you the Abacha treated Nigerians or IBB treated Dele Giwa, or how Yar Adua treated Nigeria with reversals and abadonment of project and the country. Or is it the vindictive Obj regime where over 10,000 Nigerians died in one crisis or the other viz; sharia riot, jos killing, odi, zaki, pipeline explosions, bomb explosion in lagos etc that you wish upon yourself?

When you look at it that way, you'll understand the stupidity of your assertion. No Nigeria president so far has been stellar, but it is disingenous of the NEF to claim that GEJ is the worst! That is very far from the truth!

A genuine GEJ supporter should say Amen to this prayer. Abi, u no like d prayer?

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by PointB: 12:21pm On May 27, 2013
Gamji007:

A genuine GEJ supporter should say Amen to this prayer. Abi, u no like d prayer?

I thought the master just called his pet to order. Won't it heed the master's warnings and ignore certain folks? Or does this pet relish pain?

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by ayox2003: 12:26pm On May 27, 2013
PointB: An administration that fixed Benin-Ore road (and several other roads), brought back the railways, refurbished the airports, tackling power sector problem in systematic way, reduce inflation to single digit, post impressive GDP yearly, professionalised the army, even won Nations cup etc, is the worst administration in history? Tell me something I don't know!

This can only come from the mouth of the ignoramus and the selfish!

grin grin grin grin. U gotta be kidding. During Abacha's regime we won many trophies in the Olympics, we won Gold in Soccer - USA '94.

The Northern Elders are not serious. Where would they place Babangida's regime - the worst in our history?

GEJ's regime is not the worst. Not even near the worst at all. Because we keep GEJ on his toes doesn't mean we should call him what he's not.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Gamji007: 12:30pm On May 27, 2013
PointB:

I thought the master just called his pet to order. Won't it heeds the master warnings and ignore certain folks? Or does this pet relish pain?

All I want to hear from you is just one word.....AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by homesteady(m): 12:34pm On May 27, 2013
Gamji007:

A genuine Buhari and tinibu supporter should also say Amen to this prayers ยป
1)May GOD treat you the same way Buhari treated nigerians when he lost the last Election!!
2)May GOD treat you the same way tinibu treated Lagosians wen he was governor!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by jerusalem101: 12:40pm On May 27, 2013
Am not surprise this is coming from a professor turn politician and most especially one of the founding fathers of Boko haram. I see reasons with you prof after all,the money u were expecting from Amnesty might not be coming again with the way things are going.So such statement coming from you will definitely not surprise me after all, you people thro your representative said "THE COUNTRY WON'T BE GOVERNABLE IF THE 2011 GENERAL ELECTION WAS NOT WON BY A NORTHERNER" and it manifesting.Why regret you actions and put the blame on poor GEJ,when the north have always been enjoying bloodbath in the name of religious/ethnic crisis,by killing innocent people.
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by PointB: 12:44pm On May 27, 2013
ayox2003:

grin grin grin grin. U gotta be kidding. During Abacha's regime we won many trophies in the Olympics, we won Gold in Soccer - USA '94.

The Northern Elders are not serious. Where would they place Babangida's regime - the worst in our history?

GEJ's regime is not the worst. Not even near the worst at all. Because we keep GEJ on his toes doesn't mean we should call him what he's not.

Frawzey

lol. I had to rub it in with that. Frankly it takes more than luck to win Nations Cup though, support from respective arm of government do help though.

In anycase, you are right GEJ is not worst administration, and we all want to him to improve in so many ways and areas. But to say he is not giving it a good shot is stuff the opposition and hypocrites are made of!
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by VoodooDoll(m): 12:52pm On May 27, 2013
PointB:

lol. I had to rub it in with that. Frankly it takes more than luck to win Nations Cup though, support from respective arm of government do help though.

In anycase, you are right GEJ is not worst administration, and we all want to him to improve in so many ways and areas. But to say he is not giving it a good shot is stuff the opposition and hypocrites are made of!

If the last three years are his "best shot" then he needs to vamoose from the stage in 2015.
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by VoodooDoll(m): 12:57pm On May 27, 2013
Gbawe: Which mature adult, able to reason functionally, will not admit that high recurrent expenditure is the bane of Nigeria's development? What has GEJ done in regards to this problem? I will jog memories here. He said and I quote "leaner government not possible" immediately after being sworn in as President in 2011. In fact GEJ even went further to solidify his position as an enemy of what is best for Nigeria by vengefully disbanding the Presidential advisory committee that had advised him to urgently cut recurrent expenditure, harming Nigeria's progress, by reducing hideous profligacy (ten Airplane Presidential fleet) superfluous and duplicated government offices and general largesse. Yet emotional and clannish folks will never have the maturity to recognise this monumental failings against the Nigerian people. A "Performing" President will never be one, with ten airplanes and N1 billion food budget et al , who worsens our biggest problem. As simple and as straightforward as that. Whether clannish and immature folks wish to admit it or not, Emeka Anyaoku raise point below about the fundamentally profligate set-up of Nigeria any mature adult will admit GEJ is deliberately propping up.

Everything does not begin and end with pointing out what OBJ and Yar Adua did not do, as a cheap attempt by clannish elements, to hide the fact that GEJ is nothing but a failure like those two.

GEJ is out to get as much as he can as quickly as he can and everyone and everything else be damned. He will happily turn the whole country, including the SS into a war zone on his departure just so he can fill his elongated and rent seeking stomach.

The most irritating part is the clannish way his sycophants run around him just because he is from the same region, as if that is what will bring about simple infrastructure development or even basic improvements in quality of life.
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by miiraaj: 1:14pm On May 27, 2013
PointB:

You lots need to understand that GEJ CANNOT give what he does not have-IDEA. It baffles me when you guys celebrate mediocrity, when all we want for this country is a positive change. This is 2013, and majority of people don't enjoy basic amenities like good roads,water,medical facilities with the presence of abundant resources.

We need to go beyond sentiments if we truely want to have leaders that can make the necessary change to the people of this country. Giving blind support to the present leadership will do no good to everyone, but rather encourage them to the path of failure. We need to encourage constructive criticism, apply sound and logical reasoning in our arguments and not just defending that which is killing you.

We all want this country to be great,but it can't be achieved through sycophancy and blind followership.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 27, 2013
If I were to pray, I would have prayed that the blood of Buhari's supporters will be used to soak the "dogs and the baboons" 2015, but i won't pray it.

Is it any use trying to inform the blind that the colour of the light bulb is red and not blue?

Jonathan, do your bid and leave Nigeria.

If Jonathan's government is the worst, I wonder what to call that of Gowon.
I wonder what to call that tyrants like Buhari, IBB and Abacha.

i wonder what to call that of OBJ.

time will tell.
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by KGB2008: 1:38pm On May 27, 2013
Ango Abdullahi is taking the steps of Keita who was disgraced and living in solitude.

Parasite can not dictate how this country is run any more.

2011 Election wasnt an eye opener for parasitic blood sucking Demons,we will pass a very clear message in 2015.

You guys better take the back seat or go join your Brothers in Sudan.

We in the middle Belt will go with GEJ 2015.

SAY NO TO PARASITE

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by premlove(m): 2:17pm On May 27, 2013
Gamji007: For all of you above: May God treat your lives the way GEJ is treating Nigerians.

AMEN!
and may GOD treat u the way boko haram is treating nigeria
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Nobody: 2:37am On May 28, 2013
[size=20pt]see those who are talking!!!!![/size]
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:19am On May 28, 2013
mekaboy: They are write , GEJ administration is the first administration to build 400 almajiri schools. And remember these guys don't want education. So I can feel their pain.

See the bolded? You need to take advantage of that Al majiri education youre touting.
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:20am On May 28, 2013
PointB:

It should teach them to embrace peace and enshew violence.

Wetin be "ENSHEW" ?!
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:22am On May 28, 2013
PointB:

Obj's 8 years is not even anywhere close to the performance of GEJ in less than 3 year to be honest.

In terms of eating $30,000/day meals while Nigerians starve or in terms of giving his corrupt wife N4Billion to play with while Nigerians are homeless?

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:29am On May 28, 2013
PointB: An administration that fixed Benin-Ore road (and several other roads), brought back the railways..... reduce inflation to single digit

LMAAOOOOOO

Bro, its obvious you got no idea what inflation means.

Mr.Enshew, Stop using words you dont know their meaning.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Anybaba: 4:30am On May 28, 2013
It is only a kid, who lacks in-depth knowledge of the sort of politics that these so called Northern Elders propagate, that
will post this nonsense online for people to view and comment on. The risk is that some unsuspecting citizens will read this and pass it across as substance; whereas, the mere fact that these clannish potentates of the most puerile form feel it is only them that should decide who gets what, when and how in Nigeria has made it imperative for GEJ to not only contest but win in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Xfactoria: 5:32am On May 28, 2013
Gbawe: Which mature adult, able to reason functionally, will not admit that high recurrent expenditure is the bane of Nigeria's development? What has GEJ done in regards to this problem? I will jog memories here. He said and I quote "leaner government not possible" immediately after being sworn in as President in 2011. In fact GEJ even went further to solidify his position as an enemy of what is best for Nigeria by vengefully disbanding the Presidential advisory committee that had advised him to urgently cut recurrent expenditure, harming Nigeria's progress, by reducing hideous profligacy (ten Airplane Presidential fleet) superfluous and duplicated government offices and general largesse. Yet emotional and clannish folks will never have the maturity to recognise this monumental failings against the Nigerian people. A "Performing" President will never be one, with ten airplanes and N1 billion food budget et al , who worsens our biggest problem. As simple and as straightforward as that. Whether clannish and immature folks wish to admit it or not, Emeka Anyaoku raise point below about the fundamentally profligate set-up of Nigeria any mature adult will admit GEJ is deliberately propping up.

Everything does not begin and end with pointing out what OBJ and Yar Adua did not do, as a cheap attempt by clannish elements, to hide the fact that GEJ is nothing but a failure like those two.
Let us start rising above the petty elements here and begin working with fact-based arguments.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/105324-govts-unwieldy-size-wasteful-expenditure-killing-nigeria-says-emeka-anyaoku.html

Mr Gbawe, you and a host of others who lay claim to sanity and objective reasoning on NL are sometimes far from it. Take for example your posture on recurrent expenditure, how on earth should that be stuck on GEJ? Did he write the constitution that made it impossible to achieve a reasonable cut in recurrent expenditure? What have our legislators who have been marauding around with songs of constitutional amendments (including your ilks in ACN) been doing about amending that part of the constitution? The last time I checked, your ACN and by extension the APC does not even have a semblance of a good approach to tackle this same problem. Anyaoku rightly agreed that this is a constitutional problem. It transcends Jonathan. This is a democracy, Jonathan cannot wake up one morning and rewrite the constitution.

It is very annoying to see people like you muddle things together this way just to discredit the President!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Afam4evaIsASlut: 5:57am On May 28, 2013
X-factoria:

Mr Gbawe, you and a host of others who lay claim to sanity and objective reasoning on NL are sometimes far from it. Take for example your posture on recurrent expenditure, how on earth should that be stuck on GEJ? Did he write the constitution that made it impossible to achieve a reasonable cut in recurrent expenditure? What have our legislators who have been marauding around with songs of constitutional amendments (including your ilks in ACN) been doing about amending that part of the constitution? The last time I checked, your ACN and by extension the APC does not even have a semblance of a good approach to tackle this same problem. Anyaoku rightly agreed that this is a constitutional problem. It transcends Jonathan. This is a democracy, Jonathan cannot wake up one morning and rewrite the constitution.

It is very annoying to see people like you muddle things together this way just to discredit the President!

Yeah, why hasnt he gone in front of the National Assembly and the country to propose all youve stated above?

Abeg, shift, you sound like a hypocrite..... similar to drunken, cowboy-hat wearing Uncle Jonah.
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Xfactoria: 6:13am On May 28, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Yeah, why hasnt he gone in front of the National Assembly and the country to propose all youve stated above?

Abeg, shift, you sound like a hypocrite..... similar to drunken, cowboy-hat wearing Uncle Jonah.

Why must it be him to present it to national assembly? Why hasn't the opposition like Gbawe's ilks in ACN who claim to have all the solutions done that? Don't they have senators in the national assembly?

Myopic minds like yours seem to think that the President answers to all things. Little wonder your expectations of governance are always dashed. Your brains have been "militiarized" into a quick fix or maybe it is the miracle mentality that is an epidemic in Nigeria that is crowding your sense of reasoning. Nation building is the job of everyone dude!
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Afam4evaIsASlut: 6:19am On May 28, 2013
X-factoria:

Why must it be him to present it to national assembly? Why hasn't the opposition like Gbawe's ilks in ACN who claim to have all the solutions done that? Don't they have senators in the national assembly?

Myopic minds like yours seem to think that the President answers to all things. Little wonder your expectations of governance are always dashed. Your brains have been "militiarized" into a quick fix or maybe it is the miracle mentality that is an epidemic in Nigeria that is crowding your sense of reasoning. Nation building is the job of everyone dude!

Youre obviously an id*iot. The Opposition should play the role of the President and direct the National Assembly on the road which the country is expected to go? Lmaoo Abeg go back to drinking wateva ogogoro it is u were guzzling before coming on here sounding crazy.

Whose brains been militarized: Me thats lived under a Democracy all my life, or you who has lived under a sham for 14 yrs? Abeg go somewhere else jo.
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Nobody: 6:58am On May 28, 2013
PointB: At least some of us know how much is budgeted for entertainment by the current president. Question is who knows how much past presidents budgeted for same? No one I bet, because transperency was never in the scheme of things in the past presidents.
Your senseless comment is very laughable! Since the president promised the entertainment industry 200 million dollars, How much has he given the industry even though it was in the budget? Up till now as i speak, a farthing hasn't been released to the entertainment industry so what the heck are you yapping? please get your facts right before talking!
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by Nobody: 7:20am On May 28, 2013
There is little doubt that the current administration has failed dismally to deliver on its promise.
But to qualify it as the "worst in Nigeria's history" is to stretch credulity beyond the breaking point.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by remarkD(m): 7:22am On May 28, 2013
I aren't one of the posters above, but please, can you wish/pray the same for me too? Thanks.
Gamji007: For all of you above: May God treat your lives the way GEJ is treating Nigerians.

AMEN!
Re: Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History by taharqa2: 7:25am On May 28, 2013
Gbawe: I would like Nairalanders to tell us whether a genuine reform of our oil Industry is not one of the major actions urgently needed to tackle one of the biggest problem of Nigeria. Yet all PDP Presidents, including GEJ, have gone out of their way to avoid this badly needed reform in the Oil sector.

In fact, it can be argued they even abet the problems in the industry. How has GEJ fared in this regard for those who don't do childish sentiments and blind clannish support? Well, the official judgement, by appropriate authority, is laid out below.

Mature posters can judge for themselves whether, after 3 years in power, what is written below is not an indictment of GEJ as an unmitigated failure as per the major problems of Nigeria. Yet same folks who call Fashola "flower-planter" are the ones most passionately touting the "performance" of GEJ when it is crystal clear that GEJ is only engaged in 'window-dressing" of the worst kind since Nigeria's major woes remain just as bad and even worse under GEJ.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/135147-jonathan-other-pdp-governments-encourage-corruption-in-nigerias-oil-industry-government-report.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=jonathan-other-pdp-governments-encourage-corruption-in-nigerias-oil-industry-government-report

@Gbawe, Chief HYPOCRITE, Shut up that yr mouth there. Nigeria just won d award of d BEST IMPLEMENTING country in the word in the Extractive industry by d International Extrative Industry Initiative! That is happening unda GEJ as President. No President in the history of Nigeria has done more in EXPOSING and Opening up the rots in d Oil sector than this President; plus, d critical PIB bill that wud both revolutionize and institutionize TRANSPARENCY in d Oil/Gas Industry has been sent by GEJ ova a year ago to d National Assembly and is bw d 2nd and 3rd Reading state presently (although, yr fellow HYPOCRITES in yr party, ACN, who were dis time last yr constantly making lots of Noise on dis particular bill that GEJ had not sent it to d NA and touting it-rightly- as d most comprehensive way of tackling corruptn and turning around d Oil/Gas industry, hv SUDDENLY kept shut since it was sent; as a mata of fact, many ACN membas in d NA have joind with reactionary forces in d north to stall/kill d bill by their nonchalance and/or open hostility to its speedy passage).... Bunch of Shameless PROPAGANDISTS and Losers..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Cant Win 10 States- APGA Chief / Jonathan May Lose Woefully In Lagos / Obanikoro Congratulates Dr Jonathan For Winning The Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.