Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP (40794 Views)

Amaechi Has Vandalised Rivers State Government House - Wike / Amaechi Has Lost Decorum, Says Presidency / Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by brown3: 9:41am On May 28, 2013
Mylove55: pls tel jona to stop stealing pples vote,or rigging election.even uninterested NGF election,he make it interesting by stealing Geidam vote,shame on jona
do u have any prove that he stole ur vote?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by porka: 10:36am On May 28, 2013
eagle,eye:
And some people say that it is a DEMOCRAT that is the President and head of PDP. "Nigeria, 2015 is around the corner please vote GEJ and not PDP." This time I wonder what he will say he is lacking, since he is SHOEFUL now.

PDP is the only democratic party in Nigeria.

It has no owner like the other parties.

Tell me any of the governors in other parties that can take-on their party (owners) like this.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by porka: 10:41am On May 28, 2013
tynomex: It baffles me the way Acn and Apc supporters view and play party politics,let me draw ur minds back to what happend 2011 in Acn wen Governor Fashola had issues with tinubu,Tinubu trreatend Not to endorsed Fashola And removed his deputy for that election.After Fashola beg and prostrated,Tinubu gave his endorsement.Question? Was this not party politics and show of might even though him [Tinubu] is not a nigeria president? but he acted in the capacity of a presido in his party. The romance btw Ameachi and the opposition governors if it was in Acn,they will not only suspend but expel the Governor frm the party.[color=#000099][/color]

It's part of their inconsistencies.

They have many.

Don't mind them.

Bro Fash even went with Daddy G.O. to beg the Olori Oko.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by kamelonaire(m): 10:43am On May 28, 2013
texaco1:
your vote?ok ,we shall see
i dont think u wil b around dat time, if u do any hw na jail
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by naptu2: 10:44am On May 28, 2013
pro01:

You're (conveniently) missing the point. The one who is power drunk is the one who, as the wise Igbo proverb goes, having had a heavy meal of pounded yam, challenges his chi to a fight for no.good reason. It is interesting you alluded to imprudent characters such as Sylva and Amaechi. The question that naturally arises is: What did they do to deserve it? Of all the governors in Nigeria and in the PDP specifically, why them?

Why is it so difficult for a governor to stay in his lane and allow the president stay in his own lane in peace? Does Jonathan strike you as a bully (e.g Obasanjo) who would pick on a random governor minding his own business just for the perverse thrill of it? If an over-ambitious governor decides to challenge the president, knowing the risk involved in such an undertaking, why should other sensible governors feel threatened? These are the real issues.

Every sensible governor, especially those in the president's party, knows that he is safe in his position as long as he faces the important matter of governing his state and avoids needless battles. When you begin fancying yourself as more important and powerful than you really are, and foolishly challenge your 'innocent' chi to a fight, then you have no reason to feel victimised when you meet your inevitable doom.

Good, so enlighten me, how did Amaechi "challenge the President"?

Yes, I do believe that Jonathan is unfortunately turning into another Obasanjo. It's not necessarily a question of the individual's personality, but a question of the individual's ability to come to terms with the awesome power that has been thrust on him. It's also a question of the people surrounding the individual.

You ask why these two governors? I ask how many more do you want? This looks like it's just the beginning. Even Abacha started somewhere (Aminu Saleh and Ibrahim Dasuki).
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by porka: 10:52am On May 28, 2013
Jongrac: With this, the whole now understands that Nigeria still lack democratic governance....zero tolerance for opposing views, how can a president resort to street fighting, where are his advisers? Truthfully, GEJ has lost every respect he has in the eyes of Nigerians...a desperate man never makes a good leader.
Gosh...no wonder, President Obama isn't visiting Nigeria cos Jonathan is not fit to shake his hands, God help Nigeria cos in my thinking, things could get a lot worse if GEJ is not checked, he needs to be told that Nigeria is not his property.

You are still mentioning Obama when talking about tolerance for opposing views?

Mr Man, where have you been?

Don't you listen to news or read papers?

Obama that unleashed the IRS on his opponents (Tea Party) to muzzle them in 2012.

Please let him go anywhere he wants to go and leave Nigeria alone.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by naptu2: 10:53am On May 28, 2013
Obiagelli:
Very sensible Sir, I am surprised at the way some people are supporting this decision, so even went as far as referring to a father- son relationship.

Thank you very much.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by texaco1: 10:59am On May 28, 2013
kamelonaire:
i dont think u wil b around dat time, if u do any hw na jail
time will tell.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by porka: 10:59am On May 28, 2013
bayode1979: The greatest disaster and mistake that ever happen to Nigeria and Nigerians is the emergence of this accidental president called Jonathan. Nothing practically is happening in Nigeria, his cluelessness is a ridicule to Nigeria and now he is almost suffocating and instead of him to face his business and solve myriad of national problems he was just engulfed with mundane politics and mess around with state politics and the main reason is very clear. Jonathan knows the end of his regime as come and he is just fight the last battle. GEJ regime is awaiting the final burial, this clueless man is irritating Nigeria with his lack of capacity.

Which Nigeria are you talking about?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by porka: 11:07am On May 28, 2013
Demdem: Excellent development from the killer party. One thing that is certain is the dwindling number of supporters for the retardeen even from his region. Though small now but gradually growing.
Whatever will bring an end to the killer party and above all, what will make the retardeen lose the next election is a welkom development. If Amaechi's head have to besacrificed for this, so be it.
The killer party must die.

You have just revealed the plan you have for this supposed ally of yours.

Imagine writing this in public of a guy you are trying to court in your aspiration of getting to the centre.

What does this say about the treachery that has characterized your politics since 1999?

I am sure Amaechi will be seeing his own foolishness now.

Just a sacrificial lamb for some people to achieve their hunger/thirst for power at the centre?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by porka: 11:44am On May 28, 2013
mikeansy: There is a general misconception of Amaechi's leadership

He is stubborn but he is a leader who attempts to solve problems and sometimes carries on doing what he thinks is right eventhough conventional wisdom may say otherwise.

He has made a difference in PH and sometimes in his quest to see some of his aspirations for River State through he has also stepped on toes!

Is Amaechi stbborn? Yes! Is he arrogant? Yes! I will not doubt the story of him chasing Ubima youths away because thats Amaechi for you. If he thinks he does not need to treat his village people any differently from the rest of River State youths thats what Amaechi will do. I am pretty sure if he dished out billions to Ubima youths he will be called nepotic!

But I am pretty sure that when Amaechi leaves whenever he does, Historians will look back and agree that he was definitely not the worst thing to happen to River State. All those claiming to be more Rivers than others and wishing for Amaechi to go should be careful what they wish for!

Well said my brother.

And the greatest victims are the various projects and quality governance because of this needless distraction.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by kamelonaire(m): 11:50am On May 28, 2013
texaco1:
time will tell.
did u ear one of ur member in P D P , ameachi cry for dieing
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by kamelonaire(m): 11:53am On May 28, 2013
texaco1:
time will tell.
we did nt nd party kilin there fellow member
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by onemopol: 11:57am On May 28, 2013
[b][/b]All these AMALA PEOPLES COALITION (APC) members supporting Amaechi answer one simple question :

Why was Femi Pedro impeached as lagos state deputy Governor?[b]All these AMALA PEOPLES COALITION (APC) members supporting Amaechi answer one simple question :

Why was Femi Pedro impeached as lagos state deputy Governor?[/b]All these AMALA PEOPLES COALITION (APC) members supporting Amaechi answer one simple question :

Why was Femi Pedro impeached as lagos state deputy Governor?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by abdulshakuur: 12:00pm On May 28, 2013
the rise and fall of goodluck ebele jonathan come 2015

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by ATMCARD2(m): 12:24pm On May 28, 2013
Delafruita:
english comes in different shapes and sizes but this......damn
.O!Boy this is grammar oooo. grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 28, 2013
one mopol: [b][/b]All these AMALA PEOPLES COALITION (APC) members supporting Amaechi answer one simple question :

Why was Femi Pedro impeached as lagos state deputy Governor?[b]All these AMALA PEOPLES COALITION (APC) members supporting Amaechi answer one simple question :

Why was Femi Pedro impeached as lagos state deputy Governor?[/b]All these AMALA PEOPLES COALITION (APC) members supporting Amaechi answer one simple question :

Why was Femi Pedro impeached as lagos state deputy Governor?

Abeg leave them to their foolishness!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Demdem(m): 12:43pm On May 28, 2013
porka:

You have just revealed the plan you have for this supposed ally of yours.

Imagine writing this in public of a guy you are trying to court in your aspiration of getting to the centre.

What does this say about the treachery that has characterized your politics since 1999?

I am sure Amaechi will be seeing his own foolishness now.

Just a sacrificial lamb for some people to achieve their hunger/thirst for power at the centre?

Unfortunately, u dont know my stance and where my priorities lie. I care less about Amaechi however he is far a better and effective leader than the retardeen. Amaechi is no ally of mine and will never be. I do appreciate his acheivements during his first tenure which endeared me to vote him for second tenure but i have repeatedly said that his second term so far has been disappointing. I can live with this though than the governance i experienced in Bayelsa when the retardeen was head.

Who is courting who? what aspiration are u talking about? u seem to be lost here. Actually, its ur hypocrisy in trying to label unto me what i am not.

That the killer party must die should be paramount for us all which will lead to the retardeen's downfall in the next election. thats my only agenda cool
It seems to be taking shape gradually.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 28, 2013
mikeansy: Lol the moral of the story is that the State House of Assembly is in Amaechi's camp

So they cant even impeach Amaechi

They cant charge Amaechi to court because he has immunity

apart from suspending Amaechi from PDP what else can this Presidency do to Amaechi?

Remember Atiku, Ibori, Sylvia, Alamieseigha Then you ought to know what the presidency can do 'IF' Gej so desires. Let's hope PDP resolves this amicably cos I can't see amaechi winning.

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 28, 2013
Timehin:

Remember Atiku, Ibori, Sylvia, Alamieseigha Then you ought to know what the presidency can do 'IF' Gej so desires. Let's hope PDP resolves this amicably cos I can't see amaechi winning.

Atiku served his full term as VP for 8years and won all his court battles . . .so why the atiku analogy?

Ibori served his 8years as Governor and was dealth with when he fought Jonathan as a private citizen so it has nothing to do with the Amaechi situation. Amaechi is Governor and still has immunity just like the president

Alamesigha is Alamesigha, Obj is Obj and Ribadu is Ribadu. Alamesigha was purnished because the world/Interpol at the time believed in Nigeria's anti-corruption war and thought Ribadu was onto something. The last time I checked every international institution believes Jonathan's government is very corrupt.

Timipre Silva is just Jonathan's houseboy which Amaechi is not.

So am sorry you are mixing apples and oranges here!

I am sorry, the smart thing for Jonathan to do right now is to bid a retreat and just ignore Amaechi. The Presidency should concern themselves with better thing than Amaechi. They look like a bunch of simpletons as they battle Amaechi and this includes Jonathan Goodluck himself!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 28, 2013
mikeansy:

Atiku served his full term as VP for 8years and won all his court battles . . .so why the atiku analogy?

Ibori served his 8years as Governor and was dealth with when he fought Jonathan as a private citizen so it has nothing to do with the Amaechi situation. Amaechi is Governor and still has immunity just like the president

Alamesigha is Alamesigha, Obj is Obj and Ribadu is Ribadu. Alamesigha was purnished because the world/Interpol at the time believed in Nigeria's anti-corruption war and thought Ribadu was onto something. The last time I checked every international institution believes Jonathan's government is very corrupt.

Timipre Silva is just Jonathan's houseboy which Amaechi is not.

So am sorry you are mixing apples and oranges here!

I am sorry, the smart thing for Jonathan to do right now is to bid a retreat and just ignore Amaechi. The Presidency should concern themselves with better thing than Amaechi. They look like a bunch of simpletons as they battle Amaechi and this includes Jonathan Goodluck himself!

Cocumber and banana indeed! They all rebelled against the presidency at a point in their political career and lost the battle.

Am not a member of any political party but as much as ameachi have a right to seek any political office, he need to be sure of what he stands to gain with this rebellion.

** Is it to pull down his party and join ACN»APC that is yet to be registered I can't see those juggernauts in PDP allowing such to happen.

** He wants to become president If true its allowed in a democracy but I hope he knows the story of the elephant that was promised the position of king of all animals but unknowingly it was being led to a sacrificial boo.by-trap.

** He want to be VP to a northerner while the ND have a chance of retaining it by 2015 via Gej Not so smart.

** Or to show that he has a better swag than other Rivers state politicians and the president by flexing muscles We know one 'ogidigbodigbo' now in british prison!

** And if he eventually joins the opposition will the Tinubu and Buhari condone such insolence , may be needs to ask BAT deputies while in office and also fashola.

** Above all does he have majority support of his people cos if he doesn't then he's only playing with fire.

Anyway let's keep our fingers crossed and await the end of this unfolding drama. I hope Nigeria/ND/Rivers state will be better for it.

"It is the nature of ambition to make men liars and cheats, to hide the truth in their bosoms, and show, like jugglers, another thing in their mouths, to cut all friendships and enmities to the measure of their own interest, and to make a good countenance without the help of good will".

||-Kenneth Tynan
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Ogarnairaland: 5:21pm On May 28, 2013
Gej, u av refuse 2 execut boko haram, instead playin politics at d expence of pipls lif n buildin mor islamic centres 4 mor d vampires, if i say d trut, let 2015 crash on u!

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Demdem(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2013
Timehin:

I also remember Tinubu, orji who fought Obj hands down and came out unscathed. Atiku also succeeded. Please don't compare Amaechis intelligence to these lot u mentioned.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Demdem(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2013
Timehin:

Cocumber and banana indeed! They all rebelled against the presidency at a point in their political career and lost the battle.

Am not a member of any political party but as much as ameachi have a right to seek any political office, he need to be sure of what he stands to gain with this rebellion.

** Is it to pull down his party and join ACN»APC that is yet to be registered I can't see those juggernauts in PDP allowing such to happen.

** He wants to become president If true its allowed in a democracy but I hope he knows the story of the elephant that was promised the position of king of all animals but unknowingly it was being led to a sacrificial boo.by-trap.

** He want to be VP to a northerner while the ND have a chance of retaining it by 2015 via Gej Not so smart.

** Or to show that he has a better swag than other Rivers state politicians and the president by flexing muscles We know one 'ogidigbodigbo' now in british prison!

** And if he eventually joins the opposition will the Tinubu and Buhari condone such insolence , may be needs to ask BAT deputies while in office and also fashola.

** Above all does he have majority support of his people cos if he doesn't then he's only playing with fire.

Anyway let's keep our fingers crossed and await the end of this unfolding drama. I hope Nigeria/ND/Rivers state will be better for it.

"It is the nature of ambition to make men liars and cheats, to hide the truth in their bosoms, and show, like jugglers, another thing in their mouths, to cut all friendships and enmities to the measure of their own interest, and to make a good countenance without the help of good will".

||-Kenneth Tynan

Amaechi has repeatedly said that he isn't going for any elective position after his governorship tenure. Repost and reflect this development in ur post.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 28, 2013
Demdem:

Amaechi has repeatedly said that he isn't going for any elective position after his governorship tenure. Repost and reflect this development in ur post.

You trust our politicians to keep their words

** Buhari once said he aint recontesting after 2011 but now
** Fashola said its only unintelligent students that repeats a class when asked regarding his second term ambition
** I learnt Rochas promised to do one term but with unfolding events in his state may prove otherwise
** Obj once mentioned he learnt Gej promised to do a term

If I may ask why so much opposition against Gej presidency even though he hasn't publicly confirm his intention to recontest but nigerians knows better.
I don't trust politicians when it comes to power and ambition cos they are like chameleons!

Anyway its a general belief that Ameachi is eyeing the VP/presidential slot.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Jongrac: 2:28am On May 29, 2013
Must someone be in a different party for opposition to occur? Haven't you heard of opposing views before?
thelastpope10:

Was Amaechi in the opposition? What are you talking about self
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Demdem(m): 10:17pm On May 29, 2013
Timehin:

You trust our politicians to keep their words

** Buhari once said he aint recontesting after 2011 but now
** Fashola said its only unintelligent students that repeats a class when asked regarding his second term ambition
** I learnt Rochas promised to do one term but with unfolding events in his state may prove otherwise
** Obj once mentioned he learnt Gej promised to do a term

If I may ask why so much opposition against Gej presidency even though he hasn't publicly confirm his intention to recontest but nigerians knows better.
I don't trust politicians when it comes to power and ambition cos they are like chameleons!

Anyway its a general belief that Ameachi is eyeing the VP/presidential slot.

Crap. And he has come out to deny such in totality confidently. Will hold each politicians on its merits and not group them all together. Retardeen is after Amaechi not because of the general belief u claimed but Amaechis stance on various national issues which tends to go against FG policy. Chief among them is SWF.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Mylove55(f): 9:24am On May 30, 2013
brown3: do u have any prove that he stole ur vote?
everybody knows how he computerise d rigging,d polling unit result differ frm d computer result,d recent NGF election,how absentee Geidam sign and vote, d prove is so many
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by kamelonaire(m): 3:26pm On May 30, 2013
there is huge difer btw 15 nd 19
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by blesdman(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2023
blesdman:

THIS GOVERNOR HAS NEVER LOST A POLITICAL BATTLE. IN THIS CASE, LET'S SEE HOW IT GOES. I AM SURE, JONATHAN AND PDP WILL REGRET THIS ACTION VERY SOON.
And they did

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Opeyemi, Omoyele Sowore's Wife: FG Has No Grounds To Hold My Husband / Anambra Election Full Results: Obiano Is The Projected Winner - Sahara Reporters / Insecurity: Northern Groups Plan Mass Protests In 19 States Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.