Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m (821 Views)

EFCC Probes 100 Pro-jonathan Groups Over N320m / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by anonimi: 3:41pm On May 27, 2013

Edo PDP wants Oshiomhole to investigate the missing SUBEB's N320m

The Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo, has called on Gov. Adams Oshiomhole, to account for the alleged missing of N320 million funds belonging to the State Universal Basic Education Board SUBEB.

State Chairman of the Party, Chief Dan Orbih, made the call on Thursday while reacting to the state government's statement that the sack of the former Commissioner for Secondary and Tertiary Education had nothing to do with the missing fund.

Orbih said that it was a statement of fact that N320 million out of the N600 million paid into the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) account was unaccounted for.

He explained that the party had it on ``good authority’’ that five officials of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) shared the money and advised that the governor in the spirit of accountability take responsibility for the missing funds.

‘’It is a statement of fact that N320 million out of N600 million paid into SUBEB account in the state was paid into a phony account.

‘’The money was the balance after the deduction of salaries of staff of the board, and we also have it on record that five officials of the ACN shared it.

‘’We told the people of the state about the missing fund not because we want the governor to make a scape-goat out of it, but for him to tell the people those involved in the fraud and what he intends to do to recover it.’’

He also advised the governor to concentrate more on governance and be a guide with transparency and accountability in discharging his duty.

The chairman further said that no agency under the PDP administration in the state had at any time been accused of stealing government funds.

However, Oshiomhole while swearing-in the new Commissioner for Secondary and Tertiary Education on Wednesday, debunked allegations that money was missing from SUBEB.

He said: ``There are speculations as to why we made changes. The only thing that is constant in life is change, what matters, therefore, is to know when to make that change.

``Let me clear the air that no money is missing, if money is missing we will find it because money doesn’t have legs.’’

The governor also said that, “it is only in societies where public authority is dead that you talk of money missing.

‘’If money is stolen, we will find it, money doesn’t simply get missing, not in government.”

He also said that running an efficient system was not just about money missing or not missing, but about how money was applied.

‘’In this business, the end does not always justify the means, the means must be appropriate,'' he said.

Daily Times

Is the PDP slowly waking up to play its OPPOSITION role in the states controlled by other parties
I hope so.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by malc619(m): 3:49pm On May 27, 2013
``Let me clear the air that no money is missing, if money is missing we will find it because money doesn’t have legs.’’

The governor also said that, “it is only in societies where public authority is dead that you talk of money missing.

‘’If money is stolen, we will find it, money doesn’t simply get missing, not in government.”

He also said that running an efficient system was not just about money missing or not missing, but about how money was applied.

Between the killer party official and our own tested and trusted comrade governor...who should I believe??

I'll believe Oshiomole..

Oga PDP can go ad boil stone!!

cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 27, 2013
malc619:

Between the killer party official and our own tested and trusted comrade governor...who should I believe??

I'll believe Oshiomole..

cool cool

You funny bro!
Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by karlmax2: 3:57pm On May 27, 2013
malc619:

I'll believe Oshiomole..

cool cool
i hope when efcc start arresting the people that stole the money u wont scream it's gej witch hunting them.
Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2013
malc619:

I'll believe Oshiomole..

cool cool

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.. same difference

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by jmaine: 4:08pm On May 27, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.. same difference

Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 27, 2013
karl max: i hope when efcc start arresting the people that stole the money u wont scream it's gej witch hunting them.

Jonathan should start with Obasanjo and Anehni for him to have credibility of fighting corruption.
Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by malc619(m): 4:46pm On May 27, 2013
karl max: i hope when efcc start arresting the people that stole the money u wont scream it's gej witch hunting them.

I'd have replied you if you didn't mention the name of the AssHoe-Rock Scumbag...aka Retardeenho.

So No comments..

cool cool
Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by brownlord: 5:55pm On May 27, 2013
This dan orbih is going nut? Na so e dey be to dey opposition?

Anyway, if money can be missing when secondary school are in top gear in edo state, i think money needs to keep missing so we can continue enjoying the dividend of democracy from comrade, PDP can go to hell in edo state
Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by anonimi: 7:10am On May 28, 2013
brownlord: This dan orbih is going nut? Na so e dey be to dey opposition?

I can agree with you that the guy is a learner. Even our NL e-propagandists for ACN, notable Eko Ile aka Eko Atlantic + other aliases and Gbawe + other aliases do much better in DEMONISING their opponents in PDP daily. Imagine the guy saying this:

The chairman further said that no agency under the PDP administration in the state had at any time been accused of stealing government funds.

That statement above was highly uncalled for as it draws unnecessary attention to PDP's records rather than let the public focus solely on the FRAUDULENT practices under Oshiomole's watch.
The PDP needs to upgrade its game of returning fire-fir-fire in the propaganda war.

Anyway, if money can be missing when secondary school are in top gear in edo state, i think money needs to keep missing so we can continue enjoying the dividend of democracy from comrade, PDP can go to hell in edo state

Please tell me you are joking with the above.
Any kobo missing or contract inflated by just one kobo is literally open to be MAGNIFIED and EXLOITED for maximum propaganda by the opposing party, which is for the ULTIMATE BENEFIT of the hardworking, toiling masses.
BTW, no party should go to hell. We need a VIBRANT OPPOSITION at all levels, including the LGAs.

In fact did PDP not win over 25% in the last gubernatorial elections despite fielding a retired General against POPULIST and supposedly POPULAR Oshiomole who employed sympathy tactics such as claiming assassination attempt when students protested against him and the possible murder of his own Personal Asst. - he obviously learnt some deadly tactics from his political godfather

Did he not recently cancel the LGA elections due to the reality of an embarrassing loss

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by 2gbasky22(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2013
PDP, u guys are stil learning!
Is this the same PDP that held EDO People hostage for ten years? Now talking of accountability, mcheeew.......
Nt dat i am in suport of the missing fund, but PDP in should be ashamed to talk of acountability maybe from any other political party buh certainly nt PDP.
Re: Oshiomole's ACN Shares Primary School Pupils' N320m by anonimi: 7:31am On May 28, 2013
2gbasky22: PDP, u guys are stil learning!
Is this the same PDP that held EDO People hostage for ten years? Now talking of accountability, mcheeew.......
Nt dat i am in suport of the missing fund, but PDP in should be ashamed to talk of acountability maybe from any other political party buh certainly nt PDP.

In the absence of any other party that is willing to do it and with no REAL civil society organisation that can do it on altruistic basis, I am happy to see PDP do it.

Nevertheless they need to get sharper at this in order to fully reap the benefit of displacing ACN and their pseudo-progressive scamming schemes.
I can understand their (PDP) fear though- going down this lane means they will have to be more upright than they may want to be.

In any case I wish them luck!

(1) (Reply)

Governor Akpabio And His Uncommon Transformation / Severance Package: FG Begins Payment Of PHCN Workers / Why Nigerian Leaders Are So Corrupt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.