Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,128 members, 7,835,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out (21727 Views)

BREAKING: Amaechi Cries Out As APC Picks Osibanjo As Buhari's Running Mate / AMAECHI CRIES OUT: How The North Deceived Me With Tambuwal/amaechi Ticket - Gov. / AMAECHI CRIES OUT: How The North Deceived Me With Tambuwal/amaechi Ticket - Gov. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by slimghost(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2013
Symphony007: governours do not suspend LGA chairmen, state assembly does. Dllard!

Jonathan didn't suspend Amaechi, PDP's NWC did. You see how stupid you post is? hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by DerideGull(m): 11:56am On May 28, 2013
Who in his\her right senses would want to give a hoot about the useless life of Rotimi Amaechi?
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by ATMCARD2(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2013
Crownvilla:

[b]SOURCE:[/b]http://www.punchng.com/news/my-life-in-danger-amaechi-cries-out/
.AMAECHI cari ur cross alone.More are still cmg on ur way......coz u strted d fight,so finish it.......ONYE ARA.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by camelus: 12:02pm On May 28, 2013
Amechi ! Amechi !! Amechi !!!
How many times did i call you?
Its three times
I have always warned you that those who live in the Glass House do not throw Stones but you wouldn't listen while you go ahead throwing Stones severally.
Now the House must fall due to Stones you have being throwing.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by ifihearam: 12:03pm On May 28, 2013
Dracula27%:

When Ameachi suspended a LGA coucil it was democratic, when PDP suspends him it is undemocratic.
When Ameachi used the police to arrest people for holding meetings in the state it was democratic.
When Ameachi used the police to sieze and destroy opponents property using the land use decree it was democratic.
When the police sealed up an LGA council it is undemocratic.
When Ameachi wins an unprecedented court judgement the judiciary is good when Ameachi losses a case the judiciary is bad.
When Ameachi opposses SOE it is good, When Ameachi/NGF oppose state legislative assembly autonomy it is democratic, when Ameachi/NGF oppose LGAS autonomy it is democratic.

Thank u. We still have right. Thinking people.
I. Told Amaechi he hasn't seen anything yet,this is. Just the beginning. The problem I have with the likes of amaechi is that they don't learn from other people's mistake,he want to be. A hero abi??

If Amaechi was a. Wise man like. Some of you tot he was he ought to have learnt from the likes of. Atiku abubakar,peter odili,james Ibori,alams etc.

You can't fight the president and survive much more the peoples choice. GEJ
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by ifihearam: 12:05pm On May 28, 2013
slimghost:

Jonathan didn't suspend Amaechi, PDP's NWC did. You see how stupid you post is? hypocrite.

Good answer. Am just happy. For your likes

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by IleIfe2(m): 12:05pm On May 28, 2013
alpha conde: The chinese will say in pidgin
U never chi chumchi

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by nwababy1: 12:05pm On May 28, 2013
his life is in danger,stupid man:u want 2 bite the finger that fed u embarassed
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 28, 2013
ckkris: How the thing take concern them?

Cos dem wan use ameachi do sacrifice for dem presidential ambition grin
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 28, 2013
ckkris: How the thing take concern them?

Cos dem wan use ameachi do sacrifice for dem presidential ambition grin
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by slimghost(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2013
But the argument of most Nigerians is that why now? Why now, in the sense that Amaechi is having problem with the Presidency over his leadership of Nigeria Governors’ Forum and his speculated 2015 presidential ambition. The insinuation is that the Presidency is orchestrating the crisis in Rivers State and emboldening a faction. Is that the case?
Ok, can you please, quote me and I am saying this in my honour that President Jonathan has no hand in the matter; I am major player in this matter, President Jonathan has never called me to say, ‘’Austin, this is what I want you to do, this is where we are going.’’ Never, it hasn’t happened. Quote me, I am saying so.

What is happening in Rivers State is that the people are tired of the maladministration going on in Rivers State, the intimidation. That’s what has happened. So, overwhelming, at the airport it took us an hour and twenty minutes to leave the airport, because of the crowd. Is it Jonathan that mobilised them? No money was sent for anything mobilization.

Sincerely, Jonathan has no hand in this matter; it is just that Rivers people are tired. I have mentioned names of Rivers politicians: Odili, Abiye Sekibo, Omehia, myself, Sergeant Awuse and so many others who have been excluded from the politics of Rivers State. So, do you expect them to fold their arms and watch?

From Austin Opara.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by looknlaff(m): 12:11pm On May 28, 2013
bloggernaija: GEJ and his boys are amateurs.amaechi is playing it up like a professional politician and survivor. He has definitely tied up his safety to Jonathan's fate . Not with the reputation of the creek /bayelsa as a lawless place.
If anything should happen to amaechi or should jonathan try any of those things he tried in bayelsa,he is a goner.

Stop deceiving yourself. If anything happens to Amaechi, the heavens will not fall. Maybe one week of an infinitesimal percentage of Ikwerre youths barricading the roads, burning some used tyres from Ikoku and looting Igbo traders shops as usual. Once the authorities roll out the police (mark it, i didn't say the military) the rascally youths will scamper into their 6 by 4 abode. If you say Nigerians are docile, Rivers State is the epicenter of docility. Wait a minute, is it other states in the country that will pull the down the heavens because of Amaechi?

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by slimghost(m): 12:14pm On May 28, 2013
You see, part of the highhandedness of the Amaechi and his system, a local government ,Obio Akpor , where Honourable Wike the Honourable Minister of Education comes from, the chairman and his councilors because they are pro-Wike were dissolved. Elected council, not caretaker, elected by the people dissolved in thirty minutes.

Truth is, Amaechi is an animal and deserves no pity.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by datbay(m): 12:16pm On May 28, 2013
pro01: I hope his fears come to pass. He is an insufferable nuisance that needs to be exterminated from the political space.
that's a terrible comment from you.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 28, 2013
ifihearam:

Thank u. We still have right. Thinking people.
I. Told Amaechi he hasn't seen anything yet,this is. Just the beginning. The problem I have with the likes of amaechi is that they don't learn from other people's mistake,he want to be. A hero abi??

If Amaechi was a. Wise man like. Some of you tot he was he ought to have learnt from the likes of. Atiku abubakar,peter odili,james Ibori,alams etc.

You can't fight the president and survive much more the peoples choice. GEJ

QUOTING ALAMIEYESEGHA: grin grin grin

[/quote]Speaking on the alleged face-off between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor and chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, Alamieyeseigha cautioned Amaechi, asking him to learn from his own experience.
“I have told Amaechi himself that he should learn from my experience, that nobody tries government. He should learn that after God, it is government. Amaechi is in a regional government. There is Federal Government and there is a president and the Commander-in- Chief of the Armed Forces.[quote]

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by looknlaff(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2013
Dracula27%:

When Ameachi suspended a LGA coucil it was democratic, when PDP suspends him it is undemocratic.
When Ameachi used the police to arrest people for holding meetings in the state it was democratic.
When Ameachi used the police to sieze and destroy opponents property using the land use decree it was democratic.
When Ameachi wins an unprecedented court judgement the judiciary is good when Ameachi losses a case the judiciary is bad.
When Ameachi opposses SOE it is good, When Ameachi/NGF oppose state legislative assembly autonomy it is democratic, when Ameachi/NGF oppose LGAS autonomy it is democratic.

God bless you Dracula 27%. For this incisive analysis, your dracula percentage has been increased to 85%. Nigerians and their hypocritical appreciation of issues will never fail to amaze me. God save this country.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by KnowAll(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2013
Amechi has lost touch with the common man, he was a speaker for 8 years plus being a Governor for another 6 years that makes 14 years of jolloffication. He is 48 years, take 14 from 48 = 34 years.

That means this man has had it good for him since he was 34 years. There are many 34 year old Nigeria's praying daily to get employed on d minimum wage of 18, 000. 0 but to no avail.

So the man should thank God for his life so far.

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by ckkris: 12:25pm On May 28, 2013
slimghost: But the argument of most Nigerians is that why now? Why now, in the sense that Amaechi is having problem with the Presidency over his leadership of Nigeria Governors’ Forum and his speculated 2015 presidential ambition. The insinuation is that the Presidency is orchestrating the crisis in Rivers State and emboldening a faction. Is that the case?
Ok, can you please, quote me and I am saying this in my honour that President Jonathan has no hand in the matter; I am major player in this matter, President Jonathan has never called me to say, ‘’Austin, this is what I want you to do, this is where we are going.’’ Never, it hasn’t happened. Quote me, I am saying so.

What is happening in Rivers State is that the people are tired of the maladministration going on in Rivers State, the intimidation. That’s what has happened. So, overwhelming, at the airport it took us an hour and twenty minutes to leave the airport, because of the crowd. Is it Jonathan that mobilised them? No money was sent for anything mobilization.

Sincerely, Jonathan has no hand in this matter; it is just that Rivers people are tired. I have mentioned names of Rivers politicians: Odili, Abiye Sekibo, Omehia, myself, Sergeant Awuse and so many others who have been excluded from the politics of Rivers State. So, do you expect them to fold their arms and watch?

From Austin Opara.

Action! This one no be anonymous. Oya egghead and all the YORUBAS wey de push Amechi its time to write your real names. When the area boys enter street, they may reach Government House.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by taharqa2: 12:28pm On May 28, 2013
thelastpope10:

[size=16pt]Bwahahahahahahaha

Breaking News: PDP suspends Amaechi

ACN and CPC supporters are angry and complaining[/size]

#whatanirony
lol....hilarous, right?
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by looknlaff(m): 12:40pm On May 28, 2013
Symphony007: governours do not suspend LGA chairmen, state assembly does. Dllard!

Deceive yourself endlessly. Which State House of Assembly can suspend a local govt chairman and the entire council without the consent of the Governor? Be realistic please.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by biafransoul: 12:42pm On May 28, 2013
The same way presidents don't suspend governors, the party's NWC does. mumu

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by crisycent: 12:54pm On May 28, 2013
Amaechi, you neva hala.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by alabig(m): 12:59pm On May 28, 2013
Amechi you should have had the rule number one in your skul......DON'T OUTSHINE THE MASTER....
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Reference(m): 1:01pm On May 28, 2013
eGuerrilla: Rather sad to see the inconsistency of Nigerian youths who were quick to condemn the Obasanjo-Uba brigandage in Anambra and other states, applauding what is unraveling here on good conscience sad

It is a case of boundless hypocrisy.

Just reading through the various topics on this issue and posts by forumites whom I assume are youths, stakeholders (not those closer to their graves and so donot give a damn) or toddlers, there are very, very few who stand for something, who are principled and have values. As the wind blows you find them list. That am afraid is the future of this country.

As for the topic in discourse I see nothing but benefits here both for the region of the Niger-Delta and the polity in general. May the divide between the governors and the presidency continue to broaden. There should be no meeting of the two. My idea of utopia is for the governors to take their states as far away from the centre as possible. I hope in the future trips to Abuja will be for sight seeing and not for matters of governance, resources et al.

And for the Niger-Delta this is a unique opportunity to harvest the true dividends of democracy. With the exception of the north with its peculiar problems (feudalism) any President from the south will always have problems with his region. That is the beauty of democracy. The moment a man steps up from 'home', that hallowed place, that eldorado is instantly demystified because they know the office holder from his mothers womb and so competitive power arise.

It happened with the south-west (OBJ and Tinubu), now its happening with GEJ and Amaechi. It is normal. It is the broadening and deepening of democracy and the outcome can only be positive particularly when both warring parties tap into the electorate and perform to seek credibility.

No matter how crude these battles are now, they are entirely beneficial because like I've said a thousand times democracy is not about agreement but respect. I rather fear when parties who should be checkmating one another, be it the National Assembly and the Presidency, or the Presidency and the Judiciary or the States and the centre, begin to agree on things. It doesn't work for Nigeria. It only spells 'chop and I chop'. Like the famous quote out of a PDP meeting, "It is bad manners to talk while you're eating".

Those locales without 'noise' are simply not developing IMHO.

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Mogidi: 1:01pm On May 28, 2013
hahahahahahaha Laugh wan kill me hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahaha Amaechi don dey fear hahahahahahaha

Where are those urging him to take on the fed govt?

hahahahahaha Let him migrate to the SW.hahahahahaha
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by smoothlips(m): 1:01pm On May 28, 2013
abegiiii make we hear word! is his life better than those that are dying everyday? but I admire his gutts shia! Federal government shouldn't always have the only say
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 28, 2013
Reference:

Just reading through the various topics on this issue and posts by forumites whom I assume are youths, stakeholders (not those closer to their graves and so donot give a damn) or toddlers, there are very, very few who stand for something, who are principled and have values. As the wind blows you find them list. That am afraid is the future of this country.

As for the topic in discourse I see nothing but benefits here both for the region of the Niger-Delta and the polity in general. May the divide between the governors and the presidency continue to broaden. There should be no meeting of the two. My idea of utopia is for the governors to take their states as far away from the centre as possible. I hope in the future trips to Abuja will be for sight seeing and not for matters of governance, resources et al.

And for the Niger-Delta this is a unique opportunity to harvest the true dividends of democracy. With the exception of the north with its peculiar problems (feudalism) any President from the south will always have problems with his region. That is the beauty of democracy. The moment a man steps up from 'home', that hallowed place, that eldorado is instantly demystified because they know the office holder from his mothers womb and so competitive power arise.

It happened with the south-west (OBJ and Tinubu), now its happening with GEJ and Amaechi. It is normal. It is the broadening and deepening of democracy and the outcome can only be positive particularly when both warring parties tap into the electorate and perform to seek credibility.

No matter how crude these battles are now, they are entirely beneficial because like I've said a thousand times democracy is not about agreement but respect. I rather fear when parties who should be checkmating one another, be it the National Assembly and the Presidency, or the Presidency and the Judiciary or the States and the centre, begin to agree on things. It doesn't work for Nigeria. It only spells 'chop and I chop'. Like the famous quote out of a PDP meeting, "It is bad manners to talk while you're eating".

Those locales without 'noise' are simply not developing IMHO.

Yours is the voice of reason which looms large over the cacophony of perfidy and malevolence holding sway on this discussion thread smiley

The views you express mirror mine, as they promote a deeper entrenchment of democracy for all time sake.

My initial quibble here - which I have seen abandoned - was with those who considered no bridge too far, in the heightening of contradictions taking place. Yes, I am referring to those who have literally committed e-murder in words. angry
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Reference(m): 1:47pm On May 28, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Yours is the voice of reason which looms large over the cacophony of perfidy and malevolence holding sway on this discussion thread smiley

The views you express mirror mine, as they promote a deeper entrenchment of democracy for all time sake.

My initial quibble here - which I have seen abandoned - was with those who considered no bridge too far, in the heightening of contradictions taking place. Yes, I am referring to those who have literally committed e-murder in words. angry

Yeah, seen them, its sad.

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by crackhouse(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2013
why will i pray for you? do u believe in God and how many times have you prayed for me.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by KnowAll(m): 2:11pm On May 28, 2013
Could someone please load that photograph of Saliva hancuffed like a common criminal when he was caught hiding in his bedroom. That would be Amechi's faith very soon, the man has grown to big for his own boots.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by obraye: 2:19pm On May 28, 2013
My brother, this is the kind of country we have.
When the government institutions do not favour them they say their is foul play but when it favours them they will scream it is the last hope for the common man.
Do onto other as you will want other do onto you-Golden RULE
Dracula27%:

Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by Bensonite: 2:56pm On May 28, 2013
Stanley Azuakola: How Gov. Amaechi gets away with eveything
admin April 12, 2013 0

by Stanley Azuakola

I remember when I first noticed the Rivers governor, Chibuike Amaechi, in a TV interview. It was in 2005 or 2006, and he was speaker of the Rivers state assembly then. My first impression of him was: Ah, what a childish man! He had shifty eyes and looked restless – fidgeting nonstop, flying from one point to another before the first had been well made, and at different times during the interview, I noticed how he played unconsciously with items on his desk in his office where the interview held. “And this is the man who wants to govern Rivers state?” my brother said to me. “We are finished,” I responded.

We were certain the PDP candidate would become governor, and at that time Amaechi was the runaway favourite, so we were resigned to fate. Then things happened quickly. Olusegun Obasanjo, the president at the time, suddenly realised that Amaechi’s candidacy had “k-legs” and he was unfairly kicked out of the ticket. When he was disqualified, I felt no sympathy for him. By then, my mind was made up anyway – after 8 years of enduring Peter Odili’s reckless rule, I would sooner have voted for a cow than a PDP candidate. My vote in that election went for someone else, although the PDP’s Celestine Omehia – Amaechi’s cousin and usurper – was declared winner by Maurice Iwu’s INEC.

We know the story of Amaechi’s defiant fight and how he snatched an improbable judicial victory in the nation’s highest court. I was ambivalent about it all. I admired the tenacity, the discipline to go against the grain despite the entreaties to compromise. But I remembered how the Rivers assembly which he led for the 8 years of Odili’s misrule was just an appendage of the governor’s office, never going against the dictates of the Brick House (Rivers government house), and I shrugged. But Chibuike Amaechi surprised me.

Yes, my expectations were very low, but as governor from 2007 to 2011, Amaechi led a hardworking government, recording achievements in primary education, health care, agriculture and security. Rivers people cheered his every stride; we even cheered his excesses. Oh, there were many excesses, but who didn’t have those, we asked. He was authoritarian and could show an inhumane side like his slums demolitions project done without adequate notice or compensation, but these things needed to be done if progress is to be made; government was run as if on a whim, but that’s his unique style; he seemed to be doing everything at once, with no mind for structures or systems, hence unleashing chaos, but at least something was being done, nothing else mattered. We defended him at every turn.

Our governor is a maverick, he would follow his guts and damn the cost, we loved to say. In 2011, I was not in Rivers state during the elections. I would have voted for Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi if I was. Even though my family in Port Harcourt was divided on the choice of a presidential candidate to support, every one was Team Amaechi. Performance-wise, Amaechi has declined considerably since his re-election. His mind seems to have moved on past Rivers onto his 2015 ambitions. His every action seems to be with an eye for a bigger stage, he acts nowadays like one auditioning before a national audience. Port Harcourt roads continue to be an eyesore, despite his repeated assurances. In fact during a guided tour of projects in the state last August together with some other youths, his information commissioner hemmed and hawed when asked about roads.

We were shown those lovely accomplishments of the governor – the model primary and secondary schools (befitting), the primary health centres, the maxillofacial clinic, the Kelsey Memorial hospital (grand), the Songhai farm (ingenious), and others. The thing is that most of those were first term achievements – we continue to await the promises of the second term. Now, concerning the strain in Gov. Amaechi’s relationship with President Jonathan, the interests of the two men just do not align presently. The president’s handling of the matter in recent times has been bizarre – instigating divisions within the Nigeria Governors’ Forum; unleashing his surrogates (like the minister of the Niger Delta and the minister of state for education) on Amaechi; and allegedly – if a report by the Leadership newspaper is to be believed – placing Amaechi under constant surveillance. Unbelievably desperate moves by Aso Rock!

READ: The 7 Deadly Sins Of Governor Rotimi Amaechi However, Amaechi bears a chunk of the blame. I see the creeping rise of the governor’s churlishness, that pettiness which tarred my first impression of him eight or so years ago. But he has been fortunate. He is self serving and lacks a sense of proportion, yet we all – especially the media – continue to cut him so much slack. Last week in Ekiti, he spoke at the Symposium for Young and Emerging Leaders, and all his excesses were on full display again. It was a painful thing to watch. Amaechi was unprepared – he said so himself. But whereas for others, that might have served as a cautionary marker to watch what comes out of their mouth; for him it was a licence to run amok. It is unbecoming of the governor to use every given opportunity to throw barbs at the president.

Hear him: “On fuel subsidy, what have we done? A lot. That’s why they want to remove me as chairman of the Governor’s Forum. They face a radical chairman that’s why they want me removed.” Interestingly, in 2012, when they – meaning President Jonathan – took the bold, mistimed, callous decision to remove subsidy on fuel and the whole nation was about to combust, all the fingers pointed to Aso Rock. Amaechi and the other governors in the NGF from all parties, the instigators, remained strategically silent, allowing the president take the hits on their behalf. To be clear, Amaechi never said he was opposed to the removal, but no one heard him come out to speak forcefully in backing the president. When labour leaders met with him during the Occupy protest in Rivers, he said, “Please let’s bear with the president, we have only one country.”

Then in the midst of it, he announced a N4 subsidy, slashing the price from N141 to N137 in Rivers, and asking that motorists cut fares which had increased following the subsidy removal. And that’s exactly how he does it – by playing both ways. On the one hand he announced the laughable N4 subsidy and the bus fare slash, small gestures intended to show that he was making motion; securing his ‘lovability.’ Behind the scene however, he maintained pressure on the president to stay firm and not budge to the people’s demands, and he was at the forefront of the hawks who clamoured for soldiers to be deployed to Ojota (he mockingly said so himself at the symposium.) Let’s hear more quotes from Amaechi: “Because government is the biggest enterprise in the country, that’s why when the president enters, everybody catches cold, so that’s why I keep getting advise ‘Amaechi don’t talk again oo…’” and “I went to Turkey with the president and that’s the last trip I went with him. They don’t like taking me to travel with them…” and “They’ve threatened me with the EFCC, they’ve hunted me, there’s nothing they’ve not threatened me with… If I was not a governor with immunity, they would have taken me down.”

Did I mention that people cheered him on? But of course! We love the “me” vs. “them” stories which Amaechi tells so well. His “David” vs. “Goliath” epics, in which he is always the “David” with his tongue for a sling and haughty words for stones, felling every giant in sight. But while he ‘photoshops’ his narration of his records, he cannot photoshop our memories. And we remember that it was he who pushed for the noxious Rivers Governor and Deputy Governor Fringe Benefits Bill last year which entitles all Rivers ex-governors and their ex-deputies to two houses in Rivers and Abuja, three new vehicles to be replaced yearly, 300 per cent funding for any furniture of their choice, pension equivalent to the annual basic salary of the incumbent governor or deputy, amongst other benefits. These bills of course would be footed by the Rivers taxpayer.

The assembly members couldn’t dare oppose the bill. You see, part of Amaechi’s ‘maverism’ is that he doesn’t tolerate dissent. Imagine if it was Jonathan who had proposed and signed such an obscene law – Verily, verily I say unto you, the nation would have known no peace. When you hear Amaechi describe Jonathan as a “dictator”, you wonder if it’s not the same Amaechi who sacked 11 duly elected local government chairmen because they failed to attend a meeting at the Governors’ Office. When you hear him claim to be a Marxist and a radical socialist opposed to the ‘greed of capitalism’, you wonder if it’s not the same guy who six months ago blew $45 million to procure a new Bombardier jet. Oh, and by the way, in Ekiti, when he saw a small reference to the absurdity of his jet purchase in an Enough is Enough (EiE) flyer which was distributed at the event, he simply accused the executive director of EiE, Yemi Adamolekun, of “trying to incite people against me. Tomorrow when you come and ask me to carry you in my jet, I won’t.” “Hahahahaha,” roared the audience.

Our maverick has spoken. So in essence, Amaechi has a blank cheque – he can say whatever he likes (“kidnapping can be seen as a form of redistribution of wealth”), change positions whenever he likes (“Orubebe is an incompetent minister”/January 2013; “Orubebe is a transformational leader”/March 2013), and still have everyone in his corner. What a charmed life!

He’s the only one who can condemn oppression and claim to be an oppressor while making the same speech, and be applauded both times because he is just being himself, he speaks his mind, and he is a maverick. No, no, no, he is a politician, people! He should be judged on a case by case basis and the press should not be too quick to make excuses for him. The governor is not incompetent and he is by no means a failure.

If any comparison is made between him and the president, only the deliberately mischievous can claim that Jonathan has been a better performer. But it’s time to tell him that he hasn’t done anything extraordinary, that he is taking his eyes off the ball, that his double speak and double mindedness would not go unchallenged henceforth and that for some time Rivers people have been reaping thorny fruits of his neglect.

It’s time for someone to tell Gov. Amaechi that he talks too much, that he needs to tone down on his self-serving arrogance and that next time he feels the need to criticise President Jonathan, he should go right ahead, but only after removing the Iroko trunk in his own eyes.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did AIT Really Release Those CSV Files / Probe Babangida, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, Others Security Votes,pdp Tells Buhari / There Will Be No Election In Anambra – Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.