Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura (11781 Views)

Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos) / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura / Caption This Photo Of Muhammadu Buhari Getting Set To Inspect His Farm In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by naptu2: 9:29am On May 28, 2013
Jimmy Boy:
I don't get it, what is the problem with door to door search, even in US that rule of law is respected the most, door to door searches were conducted at the aftermath of Boston bombings.The emir should park well jor.

How many times have you seen this practice: security agents "raid" a bus stop and arrest everybody wearing black. They take them to the station where each individual has to "bail" himself otherwise he would be detained indefinitely.

Police "raid" a pool bar and arrest everybody playing pool. They take them to the station where they have to "bail" themselves, otherwise they would be detained indefinitely.

Personally, I support the searches and believe that they need to be carried out, but the question is, how are they carried out?
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by nijaspace(m): 9:30am On May 28, 2013
Idokojimmy: His palace should be the starting point.he is a terror suspect. Instead of stakehollders like him to support the govt in ridding the country of bloodbath he is busy shielding terrorists. One day he will become the hunted

The Emire should be arrested before the searh begin from his so called palace. He must be the one harboring the criminals and should be treated as a firsthand criminal.

By the way who made him the custordian of the people? JAHOVAH GOD THE ALMIGTY is the one and only one that owns everybody. HE is the MASTER and the OWNER of the universe.

Infact, all the northern emire's palaces should be searched similiteniously including Atiku from my home town, IBB, Brono state Governor, Buhari, Abdulsalami Abubakar (the sillent cobra), every central mosques across the nation, etc.

The wicked must pay for their wickedness in Jesus name! A-M-E-N!!!
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Nobody: 9:30am On May 28, 2013
Boko haram emir
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by PehaKaso: 9:38am On May 28, 2013
Right now I can see d need 4 a Sovereign National Conference. Afenifere is damn right. On SNC I stand
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by nisimi09: 9:40am On May 28, 2013
Igbo_hater: Why would the military search an emir's palace. This boys no dey fear oo. No more regards for traditional rulers in nigeria. Smh

So Traditional rulers have the right to harbor terrorist?
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by lacasa: 9:44am On May 28, 2013
May GOD increase you in Wisdom yr highness.

#.. Let d so-called military go n raid Aso-villa.

That's where the Terrorist Headquarters is angry

Nonsense! ..Eniska kawai!!
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by mmmustapha(m): 9:44am On May 28, 2013
Gej ur days r number, we shall meet in 15
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by mu2sa2: 9:45am On May 28, 2013
BigBlackDick: The emir is right.. How can you start searching houses.. just because of little fracas btw armed robbers and police
. I wonder why they are not extending the policy to all trouble spots in the country- in niger delta they should as well search gej`s house in otuoke. Instead of the army endearing itself to the people and working with them, these unruly soldiers resort to molesting and abusing civilians. How would they get crucial intelligence from them?
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by nairacountry(m): 9:46am On May 28, 2013
naptu2: Although I believe that the search is necessary and should go on, I can also sympathise with the Emir. If you've seen victims of police "raiding" even in Lagos, you would understand.
Especialy against their whugly wives! d poor man is only protecting his females occupants after watching wat d soldiers did in Odi hill. Ba Siga Walahi grin grin smiley
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Ochek: 9:47am On May 28, 2013
I strongly suspect him as a sponsor.
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by kraftykc(m): 9:55am On May 28, 2013
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/three-soldiers-10-boko-haram-militants-killed-daura-attack

Daura is the hometown of Gen Buhari so I now see why the Emir is saying all this, its just a political stunt to show solidarity with Buhari and the APC who have denounced the SoE
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by ozodimgba(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2013
Na waah for all these northerners, are they so daft that they cant think with their brain? We're talking of life and death and this one is talking of peace and love. Is there any peace or love with boko haram? Infact, searching should commence in his house and the house of all those mentioned in this post.
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by naptu2: 10:03am On May 28, 2013
Somehow this story takes me back in time to the days of the Internal Security Task Force (ISTF) of Major Paul Okuntimo.
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Livinusc(m): 10:06am On May 28, 2013
Burger01: Nonsense. Is the emir above the law. Abeg military boiz search everywhere starting from his rectum..

Nonsense.

sad
That is how dey use to accomodate dem istade of dem to fish dem out..nonesence.
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by pulel(f): 10:18am On May 28, 2013
zolajpower: HE HAS SOMTHING UNDER IS SLEEVE. WHO IS HE BY THE WAY? IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE THOUSAND OF NIGERIAN/FOREIGNERS WHO LOST THERE SOULS TO THE INSURGENCE

Totally agree with u. Whatever needs to be done to stop these killings must be done. Whoever is against it shd b arrested. Now dat govt is takin up this case with seriousness, everyone in d north shd help dem.
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Luckyfits: 10:19am On May 28, 2013
With no iota of doubt these should be considered serious!!! I mean hw culd one in his right mind refuse house to house searching with the way things are goin now??do that emir think he is above the law??am lost with words as how some words are given audienc in nigeria......he shuld be a gud example and for this,i think the military shuld start the search with his pant!what nonses!!!so the cry of the fatherless,displaced innocent victim,our young women raped at will,bombin here and there is what he wants??abeg JTF COMOT THAT HIS AGBADA SEARCHAM WELLOOO
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Temi99(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2013
Nonesense[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Eazeee(m): 10:49am On May 28, 2013
lacasa: May GOD increase you in Wisdom yr highness.

I thought u have been captured in Maiduguri? Nawaooh,like Abu Qaqa u have suddenly reappeared. Thats y terrorist are suppose 2 b killed not arrested 2 avoid escape story

Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Eazeee(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2013
lacasa: May GOD increase you in Wisdom yr highness.

i thought u hav been captured by d JTF in Maiduguri? Nawaoooh,like Abu Qaqa u hav suddenly reappeared abi? I keep insisting terrorist are suppose 2 b killed not captured 2 avoid such escape. Allahu akbar
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Antivirus92(m): 10:59am On May 28, 2013
This is the same emir that bombs always explode before reaching his palace whenever boko haram want to attack/have meeting with him unlike churches that bombs always wait to get to the very destination before exploding!
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by 76virgins(m): 11:01am On May 28, 2013
gboss4sure: Kai. Arrest the emir with immediate effect because he is hiding boko haram members, it seems that the emir doesn't understand the meaning of State Of Emergency.

And who told you ther's state of emergency in his state,abeg u need virgins too. grin grin grin
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Nobody: 11:42am On May 28, 2013
Would the emir say dis kind of thing if it was in the US?Even if u b governor or president,them go search ur huz.
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by DobleO7: 11:46am On May 28, 2013
Let the Emirate Chief propose his own solution...Simple
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Nobody: 11:47am On May 28, 2013
This emir must be hallucinating or take actions to flush out these barbaric people called Boko Haram!
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Nobody: 11:49am On May 28, 2013
Hmm.Wait o...Daura?Buhari!Buhari!Buhari!...How many times i call you?This thing is getting clearer and clearer evryday.Just like hollywood movies.Haha
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Nobody: 11:51am On May 28, 2013
Somebody should slap that emir and push him out of that position! Please, he is becoming annoying to me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by KnowAll(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2013
There are no SOE in Katsina state so demanding a check or a search of the emir's palace is a No-No. If for any reasons the army believes weapons are hidden there u just wait outside the palace any vehicle com in & going out would be subject to vigorous search. Its a no brainer?
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by nelsn(m): 12:05pm On May 28, 2013
norther elders no get sense...na cowbrain dem get....old cows

[quote
author=nerodenero]The Leaders from Southsouth rallied-round late
Mr.President and together they were able to solve the Niger Delta
militancy.It worked because the leaders made conscious effort towards
solving the problem in the area.Reverse is the case with the northern
leaders.The zeal,passion and desire of the northern leaders to always
wanting to rule at all cost will in no distant future become their
greatest undoing.It is high time the leaders in the north get
wise![/quote]
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by naptu2: 12:05pm On May 28, 2013
DobleO7: Let the Emirate Chief propose his own solution...Simple

I think that's what he meant by

such things had never happened in Daura Emirate because the emirate council had a comprehensive data of all the people residing in the domain.

It was said that the terrorists came from Niger Republic, so I guess he is saying that he would have been able to identify who his people are and who the foreigners are if the security forces had come to him for assistance.

Although I sympathise with the emir, because I know what the Nigerian armed forces are capable of, fighting Boko Haram is an extremely important task that his people will benefit from in the long run. So while I abhor the kind of treatment that civilians have had to endure, I say that the searches must go on.
Re: Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura by Turbocharged: 12:30pm On May 28, 2013
...and the BOKO HARAM (National Assembly Branch) has gone to show him solidarity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PMB Felicitates With Cameroon’s President Biya On Inauguration For Another Term / Pvcs For Sale In Kano, Police Arrest 3 Buyers / EFCC Detains Akeredolu’s Finance Commissioner, Wale Akinterinwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.