Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most (2094 Views)

This Is What My House Help Did To Me / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. / Please Advice! How To Guide A Child That Shows Early Sign Of Homosexuality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by JadeWilliam(f): 6:02pm On May 28, 2013
My mum always bought me over sized cloths and shoes sayin i'l keep wearing it till i outgrow them and i always looked ugly&uncivilized in them.And it pained me so badly cos i was knwn 4 wearin maxi-mama dash me cloths.
As 4me dad,he always flogged us wheneven we failed evenif its one question in our homework, class test or exam.I mean real koboko flogging. The no of questions u failed,determined d strokes u got. Damn

2 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by whisper88(m): 6:39pm On May 28, 2013
*grabs popcorn*
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 28, 2013
My Mom used to force me to wear clothes (especially natives) I didn't want to wear on sundays, and my dad used to send me the most annoying errands ever, he'd call me from my room put on the fan in his room when he's sitting right next to it.

4 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 28, 2013
Lol, I no fit laugh grin grin grin
In my own case, my hair was shaved off when I was a newbie in the university . From pry to secondary, am always on low cut, cause my mum wants it that way.. And that's the kind of schools , my folks always enroll me in... sad... Until I gained admission to a cool university, so I started weaving, and braiding my hair.. The day,my mum ransacked my bags , after sending me to the market and saw two love letters in my bags..., mehn! It was like hell on earth.... When I came back from market, I hear real WORD!
Afte lashing at me for an hr, she dragged me and scrapped my hair , saying that's y guys are interested in me... embarassed... So I feel on top of the world abi?
That day , was a very very terrible day sad... The next day, I told my new bf, who wrote the love letter to please stay clear from me oooo grin....he looked hurt and confused, and that am playing mind games abi?.... At such young age?....I just walked away quickly and told him to leave me alone for good!....didn't feel like arguing.... But that's in the past , sha... sad
Parents can be annoying at times...sighs

3 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 28, 2013
Jade William: As 4me dad,he always flogged us wheneven we failed evenif its one question in our homework, class test or exam.I mean real koboko flogging. The no of questions u failed,determined d strokes u got. Damn
That's rough. Things like is what makes people kick against coporal punishment. Some parents cross the line from simply punishing their kids to abusing/torturing them.

2 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by UyiIredia(m): 9:32pm On May 28, 2013
The flogging and insults I received.
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 28, 2013
My parents made us eat marmite on bread cry cry
They said it was good for growing bones
The worst tasting food on the planet
My siblings and I hated it with a perfect hatred
Gosh!
Who else ate that yucky,smelly dirty looking horrid thing as a kid
Just thinking about it still gives me shivers and makes me wanna pukeangry angry angry angry
Now that I am older I need to confront them about why they punished us in that manner
Seriously
Tufiakwa!!
My children will never see that jar let alone smell or eat the contents thereof
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Ngenge(m): 11:26pm On May 30, 2013
Taking my siesta by fire,by force. Cutting our hairs witout any hair remaining on us. Taking me to d ancient type of barber who cuts our hair manually & beats me if its painful nd i show any form of irritation. My mum scolding me publicly . Dats d ones i can remember nw

1 Like

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by mysticgal(f): 10:54am On May 31, 2013
Was forced to wear mary amaka,we never had friends cos of my interogating mother,my father gave little money for break talk more of tp,if you go school late na u sabi,finally,comparing me with someone and it kills me and i discovered you dont know the person being compared to better than the comperee anyway that's childhood now you are an adult enjoy it.
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by sexymoma(f): 11:14am On May 31, 2013
Ma dad do use blade and comb to cut our hair then. **Gosh** it pisses me off, if i get to school the next day ma friend would start asking **Na carpenter cut your hair ni** i did this through out ma secondary school days, Lol.
for ma mum she would tell us that we should be going to school that she will bring our lunch fair, only for us to get to school and start looking forward to seeing her. i will cry and cry 4 where. Am now laughing it off now. God Bless ma Mum cheesy kiss wink

2 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by buklan4realyah(f): 1:25pm On May 31, 2013
:-Mine was terrible embarassed

my dad is very tough to d extent dat he created hatered btw two of us
any slite mistake i did den na koboko or cable wire.
my happiest moment is wen am in skul, wen am going like dis enh! na tinking ooooo
started crying dat am going home again..

my dad beat a hell out of me, until he sees blood cuming out frm my body dat wen he will b satisfy
my growing up wit my parent is d worst xpirnce of my life....

Am an adult now, workin in a comfortable organisation,
he now wants us to close frndsssssss which is nt possible
he never create room to welcom me...

Funniny a enough, he never scold or treat my junior broda like dat...

2 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 31, 2013
My dad broke my heart the day he told me that all my mates are married and am still fooling around in his house, I was only eleven. I cried and cried and cried, I was inconsolable. i was wondering why no man ever came to marry me while my fellow 11yr Olds are married (according to popsy).it really pained me but now I realized that it is downright ridiculous grin

3 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by uyogabie(f): 7:16am On Jun 01, 2013
byvan: My dad broke my heart the day he told me that all my mates are married and am still fooling around in his house, I was only eleven. I cried and cried and cried, ir was inconsolable. i was wondering why no man ever came to marry me while my fellow 11yr Olds are married (according to popsy).it really pained me but now I realized that it is downright ridiculous grin
Lol.very funny.
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by uyogabie(f): 7:31am On Jun 01, 2013
Every festive period,we'll all be taken to the local barbers and our hair scraped (skin).Worst of it was that most of our sallah cloths then was wrapper and buba.You need to see how funny we looked with the headtie and our wrappers constantly falling off.

2 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by pitipom: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
My parents,especially my dad,were very suspicious people. My dad had a huge phobia for his daughters getting pregnant outside wedlock,and he put some very strict protective measures.One of them was we must always come home from skool 2geda.
My Sis n I were in d same sec skool,but she was three classes ahead of me.
That fateful day,the school had her inter house sports which was normally a big event.Because of d class difference bw my sis n I,we somehow separated n lost each other. We both panickEd n spent d rest of d day looking for each other.We eventually had to go home separately much later in d day. I came in first n saw Dad waiting for us with a furious look on his face. I tried to explain all to no avail as my dad firmly believed we were with boys..Later in d nite,we were given d flogging of our lives despite our pleas of innocence. We both remained bitter n angry afterwards.
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by somegirl1: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
byvan: My dad broke my heart the day he told me that all my mates are married and am still fooling around in his house, I was only eleven. I cried and cried and cried, ir was inconsolable. i was wondering why no man ever came to marry me while my fellow 11yr Olds are married (according to popsy).it really pained me but now I realized that it is downright ridiculous grin

loooooool
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by TheWhiteLynchM(m): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
how come dis thread is dominated by female comments? :Phow come dis thread is dominated by female comments?
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by fidatt(f): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
Flogging me whenever I fail my work at school.

1 Like

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by zeb04(f): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
Wen I was probabyly 6yrs old I gess, I poo poo on the bed(was scared bcz it was late in d midnite) mymum beat me so hard infact she tld me after beating me so hard I wld go nd look for my mum in d bush . I was so mad nt cz of d cane bt dat word she said jst stucked in my brain. I startd feelin she wasn't my mum. Couple wit d fact dat I was d only As in my family. hw did dat even happen?well I needed ansa,I startd goi Frm hospital 2 hospital 2 confirm my genotype nd am stil As tho. Long story short,parent b mindul of wat u say 2 ur kids

2 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by kendraloops(f): 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
1. Mumcy locking up new undies popcy gave her money to buy for us and making us go pantless to school. Na wash n wear I dey do those days.

2. Mumcy buying #5 biscuits for me as a gift for coming 1st in class.

3. Popcy always busy, never had time to play with us.

4. Popcy ushering us into a new year with heavy flogging cos we joined our mates in throwing knockouts.

1 Like

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 02, 2013
My dad hated us buying food and snacks from food vendors and he hated us chewing gum
One day my brother bought some puff puff and hid it waiting for the coast to clear so we can enjoy it,then dad saw the polythene bag
Chei
Come and see the flogging he received after that the whole puff puff was poured into the trash bin

1 Like

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by dayokanu(m): 5:32am On Dec 02, 2013
The flogging I received for 8th position in Continuous assessment because 7 of my classmates scored 47/50 and My 45/50 was only good enough for 8th position.

That date November 5 1987.

2. The flogging I received for not going to lesson and lying that I went not knowing our lesson teacher had come home to find out why I didnt come for lessons. March 15 1993

1 Like

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Afam4eva(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2013
My father forced us to take siestas. I grew up hating that word. Why should people be forced to sleep in the afternoon. That's wicked grin
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by midnitestar(m): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2013
There were a lot of things but one I won't forget was my mum always giving me cabin biscuits inside paper to go to school and eat as lunch. While my mates were eating rice and every other food..I was known as cabin biscuit boy. Honestly, God, Jesus and even satan, all knew that I hated dat cabin biscuit with a passion. But, yet mum...I love u lots.

2 Likes

Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by JadeWilliam(f): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2013
Bolushalom: my dad used to send me the most annoying errands ever, he'd call me from my room put on the fan in his room when he's sitting right next to it.
Oh my gush! Dat's so my dad.He'l cal u wit d intercom (my room was dwnstairs&theirs up) 2com&bring water frm d fridge whch is right in his room or bring d tv remote whch is right on d table in front of him or change d channel of d tv or 2switch on d radio.Geeez
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by ifyalways(f): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2013
Ori eja for you to "cram" the dates put for head, the flogging "enter" well well. cheesy

Mom-endless copying of Psalm 119 within a specific time frame, eg 1 hour. I copy that chapter of the Bible sotay I can recite it perfectly in every version even in my dreams.
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by JadeWilliam(f): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2013
midnitestar: There were a lot of things but one I won't forget was my mum always giving me cabin biscuits inside paper to go to school and eat as lunch. Honestly, God, Jesus and even satan, all knew that I hated dat cabin biscuit with a passion. But, yet mum...I love u lots.
grin grin grin grin Laff wan choke me. God,Jesus&Satan indeed.
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by JadeWilliam(f): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: My father forced us to take siestas. I grew up hating that word. Why should people be forced to sleep in the afternoon. That's wicked grin
Its not wickedness.My mum said it makes children grow tall&add weight.Mayb dat's y we're al tall.I don't knw how true dat was but wen u rest ur head afta al d play-play&studyin,It makes u accimilate better.we all kept good grades in sch too.If not 4work,I wud love 2b taking siester.
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by JadeWilliam(f): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2013
kendraloops:

3. Popcy always busy, never had time to play with us.
Walai! I no miss dis one abeg.If u play scrabble wit my dad,na knock go dey follow any wrong spelling.U'l go endure tire&if he sees tears 4ur eye,he'l ask,na dis small knock dey make u cry?Wot if I had carried cane?How can an old man lik me knw spellings morethan a student lik u wit al d money I'm payin in dat ur expensiv sch.Chei! D man ova serious die.&If he calls u 4Scrabble,u must come.No b by choice.Dictionary bcam our bestie menhhh.D only game we enjoyed playin wit him was WHOT & LUDO
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by JadeWilliam(f): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

Funniny a enough, he never scold or treat my junior broda like dat...
I knw how it feels wen parents treat d other kids differently.

My sister got bigger food,meat&fish than me cos sh's d one dat helped out in d kitchen&housework d most while me,I was always buzy wit my novels cos where I used 2hire novels,u hav 2return it afta a certain number of day (dat's not an excuse though)

But weneva I wanted 2help out,my sister wil tel me not 2bother.I didn't knw dat was d reason sh was doin it;2get praises&bigger portion until my mum voiced out dat I was lazy&dat I disappoint her as a daughter&dats y my sister's dresses&shoes is always prettier than mine&dats y sh got bigger food.

I then buckled up anyway.I finally bcam their favourite
Re: Things Ur Parents Did To U As A Child That Pained U D Most by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Every time a visitor gave us money to buy biscuit or something for ourselves, my mother would wait for the visitor to leave before collecting the money from us, saying she was going to use it to buy gifts for us. Each time we asked her for the money, she would say trash like "Where do you think the money to buy the food your eating and clothes you're wearing came from?". As we grew into teenagers in high school, she had to stop that nonsense because we were getting pretty rebellious about it.

I also experienced the famous remote one that every Nigerian child can relate to. My parents would call us all the way from Jerusalem to pass a remote that is literally 2cm away from them.

My dad always telling us to change the channel to CNN or BBC in the middle of a very interesting movie or cartoon.

These are just a few of their numerous shenanigans.

(1) (Reply)

I / See What ISIS Did To This Handsome Young Man (pix) / How Can I Help Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.