Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret (2054 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo At Segun Awolowo's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Tony Momoh Reveals Best Kept Secret / Buhari’s Best-kept Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 28, 2013
Has anyone ever wondered the real meaning of Naira 40 years after it was introduced... or are we just lazy researchers and thinkers in this part of the world?

Can anyone tell us the etiology of that word? Well, I just found out Awo's best kept secret. The full meaning of Naira which he introduced on 1 January, 1973, just 3 years after the end of the civil war. This is another confirmation of great Achebe's thought about this man called Awolowo. I was opportuned to meet with the biological child of one of his late political associates(names withheld). He bared his mind and opened up about the magnitude of vile and hatred Awo had for Igbos and submitted that Awo coined Naira as thus ;

N-Never
A-Allow
I-Igbo
R-Rule
A-Again

The coinage of Kobo will be more shocking and revealing to you but i will save that for later.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by diarra94(m): 3:06am On May 29, 2013
i dont actually get your msg. It could have meant
N- never
A- allow
I- idiots
R- rule
A- again.

7 Likes

Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by ayuse(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2013
Some people are so full of hatred for Awolowo that they will say anything to discredit his name. Whatever such people do or say Awo remains the greatest Nigerian to ever live.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by dakunj1(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2013
Oga OP, for your mind now, you must be feeling like one fantastic researcher o..now u've exposed your level of intelligence by making claims that are not verifiable.....could you please get a life
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 8:46am On May 29, 2013
mschew
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 8:49am On May 29, 2013
dozzybaba: Has anyone ever wondered the real meaning of Naira 40 years after it was introduced... or are we just lazy researchers and thinkers in this part of the world?

Can anyone tell us the etiology of that word? Well, I just found out Awo's best kept secret. The full meaning of Naira which he introduced on 1 January, 1973, just 3 years after the end of the civil war. This is another confirmation of great Achebe's thought about this man called Awolowo. I was opportuned to meet with the biological child of one of his late political associates(names withheld). He bared his mind and opened up about the magnitude of vile and hatred Awo had for Igbos and submitted that Awo coined Naira as thus ;

N-Never
A-Allow
I-Igbo
R-Rule
A-Again

The coinage of Kobo will be more shocking and revealing to you but i will save that for later.

Was there anytime an ibo was democratically elected to rule over Nigeria ? The only ibo man that stole power got it through an ibo-inspired/sponsored coup with the collaboration of Nzeogu,ojuku,Azikwe and Ironsi.

Nzeogu killed Balewa and others after ojuku asked Azikwe to travel abroad and in the end,Nzeogu handed over to Ironsi thereby truncating democracy and introduced unitary system of government ie zombies are given power to rule by the gun.

So if naira was coined by Awolowo as the @OP assumed based on the destruction of the Nigerian sytem of government as engineered by the ibos,then they shouldn't be allowed to rule again.

1 Like

Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by rodeo0070(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2013
Here we go again. Pointless...
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by gazilion: 10:01am On May 29, 2013
dozzybaba: Has anyone ever wondered the real meaning of Naira 40 years after it was introduced... or are we just lazy researchers and thinkers in this part of the world?

N-Never
A-Allow
I-Igbo
R-Rule
A-Again

Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is IGBO
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Skywalker5(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2013
Another drunkard on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 11:25am On May 29, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Was there anytime an ibo was democratically elected to rule over Nigeria ? The only ibo man that stole power got it through an ibo-inspired/sponsored coup with the collaboration of Nzeogu,ojuku,Azikwe and Ironsi.

Nzeogu killed Balewa and others after ojuku asked Azikwe to travel abroad and in the end,Nzeogu handed over to Ironsi thereby truncating democracy and introduced unitary system of government ie zombies are given power to rule by the gun.

So if naira was coined by Awolowo as the @OP assumed based on the destruction of the Nigerian sytem [/b]of government as engineered by the [b]ibos,then they shouldn't be allowed to rule again.

Now, if after decades of free and substandard amala education you still continue to wallow in your idiocy..calling people zombies, then you are really finished and almost irredeemable ..only an Igbo presidency can salvage what is remaining of your intellectual carcass tongue..but i doubt if you'll be sensible enough to understand that. Even with the help of spellchecker on NL, see the kain amala grammar wey you dey blow.. I doubt if you'll be this idiotic if you really paid for sound education with your hard-earned money. Now your assignment..was Ironsi supposed to be a victim or beneficiary of that coup? The quality of your answer will be directly proportional to your level of intellect. let's see how redeemable you are.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 11:40am On May 29, 2013
diarra94: i don't actually get your msg. It could have meant
N- never
A- allow
I- idiots
R- rule
A- again.

No..you are wrong..Idiots from other regions have held you hostage economically, politically and otherwise for more than 40 years and you don't seem to understand. Have you suddenly developed Stockholm's syndrome that you now enjoy the company of your socio-political 'hostage takers'.

*Ok, Lets look at it this way..If the "i" really mean't "Idiots" like you said...don't you think Awo was also referring to himself as he also tried to contest for presidency after coining naira and Nigerians refused to elect him..obeying his own command not to vote for Idiots. hope you are not calling your Baba Awo an idi.ot indirectly after spending all his cocoa money on your free education. grin cheesy*
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 29, 2013
ayuse: Some people are so full of hatred for Awolowo that they will say anything to discredit his name. Whatever such people do or say Awo remains the greatest Nigerian to ever live.

Also renowned all over the world as the greatest tribalist, and also for executing the greatest number of infant deaths after Adolf Hitler. grin, he is really great, if that's what you mean by "greatest Nigerian" but i'll rather choose greatest Yoruba because the easiest way to lose an election in the East,North and South of this country is to mention Awo during campaign in those regions..you will agree with me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 29, 2013
dozzybaba:

Also renowned all over the world as the greatest tribalist, and also for executing the greatest number of infant deaths after Adolf Hitler. grin, he is really great, if that's what you mean by "greatest Nigerian" but i'll rather choose greatest Yoruba because the easiest way to lose an election in the East,North and South of this country is to mention Awo during campaign in those regions..you will agree with me. cheesy
u are so full of hate,dont u ave anything worthwhile to do with ur time dan just hating...all these rubbish u wrote does not remove anything from OBAFEMI AWOLOWO,so continue displaying ur miserable and disgusting self,its a free world.mtcheew
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by diarra94(m): 12:20pm On May 29, 2013
I am not yoruba. But i was just saying
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by kunlekunle: 12:21pm On May 29, 2013
But hence forth it shall be

Never Allow Ijaw rule Again
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 29, 2013
Miss becky: u are so full of hate,dont u ave anything worthwhile to do with ur time dan just hating...all these rubbish u wrote does not remove anything from OBAFEMI AWOLOWO,so continue displaying ur miserable and disgusting self,its a free world.mtcheew

Madam Becky..truth hurts but it also heals. Run away from lies and it will keep haunting you..Face it and defeat it. I have Awolowo's autobiography...there is hardly page of that book where he didn't shout Igbo..this, Zik that. He was so full of bile. That book gave me the oppurtunity to get into brain of your revered leader..the history taught to us in the classrooms have lied to us a lot..we must go on our own fact-finding missions. Cheers
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 29, 2013
diarra94: I am not yoruba. But i was just saying
You don't have to be..so many yoruba share your exact thoughts...they should get my message if you don't cool
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by tribeofjudah: 12:32pm On May 29, 2013
himmmm this is really funny. it was a good joke abi.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by bloggernaija: 12:41pm On May 29, 2013
Believe me, that is how they start their rumours.that is these guys are governed unfortunately .before you know ,it is in somebody's book or hear it during an argument
Governance by hearsay
Governance devoid of reason
Governance devoid of fact.

Jonathan is trying for the SE-what has he done ? Nothing
He is the best ? - what had he built ?nothing
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Bobandgreat: 1:32pm On May 29, 2013
I don't know if this is true but Awolowo can do anything to surppress the Igbos or anyother tribe he sees as threat to the economic might of his people if he can't suck up to them to manipulate them. So its possible.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 29, 2013

N-Never
A-Allow
I-Igbo
R-Rule
A-Again

When I looked at the time you posted this poo, I knew you are the under the influence of the booze...

When the hangover has subsided, come and check what you wrote. You will agree with me that alcohol isn't good for you.

1 Like

Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 29, 2013
If anyone has a better and more intelligible submission on the meaning of naira. Let him/her offer it. The word has meaning, considering the time it was coined and the events that happened 3 years before naira was coined. The assertion of the poster(me) is credible.

Food for thought..why didn't his "educated" political associates and followers ask him the meaning of what he coined? Why accept something meaningless to represent your currency? The word Pound has a meaning..Naira also has, but is hidden. When this thread is exhausted...i'll give you the shocking, hidden meaning of KOBO...That guy was vile.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by bknight: 1:50pm On May 29, 2013
ayuse: the greatest Nigerian to ever live
... is me!
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 29, 2013
kingphemy:

When I looked at the time you posted this poo, I knew you are the under the influence of the booze...

When the hangover has subsided, come and check what you wrote. You will agree with me that alcohol isn't good for you.
When i posted it...you were busy snoring off your sophisticated a.z.z while i was busy doing my research so i can enlighten and provide you some free education. Be grateful for once! grin
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 29, 2013
kingphemy:

stop being an insatiable educated derelict.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Ajasnoop: 2:05pm On May 29, 2013
[b][/b]

N-Never
A-Allow
I-Igbo
R-Rule
A-Again

Awolowo resigned from the Government in mid-1970 so couldn't have introduced the Naira in 1973
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 29, 2013
dozzybaba: When i posted it...you were busy snoring off your sophisticated a.z.z while i was busy doing my research so i can enlighten and provide you some free education. Be grateful for once! grin

You know what? I do snore..!

But it sure beats someone hallucinating..! Don't you agree?

So Awolowo introduces the Naira three years after the end of the civil war? Dimwit...

The Naira was introduced during the Biafran War.

The Biafran war was between 6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970 and the Naira was introduced January 1st.

Free education beat a loopsided, upside down one.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 29, 2013
dozzybaba: If anyone has a better and more intelligible submission on the meaning of naira. Let him/her offer it. The word has meaning, considering the time it was coined and the events that happened 3 years before naira was coined. The assertion of the poster(me) is credible.

Food for thought..why didn't his "educated" political associates and followers ask him the meaning of what he coined? Why accept something meaningless to represent your currency? The word Pound has a meaning..Naira also has, but is hidden. When this thread is exhausted...i'll give you the shocking, hidden meaning of KOBO...That guy was vile.
which ressearch did u do?oh let me guess,u went to interview Awolowo in his grave and he told u dat it is never allow igbos rule again...guy,dont let hate make u bitter,dere is no credible source dat confirms ur dumb statements.stop being tribalistic,it will do u a lot of good probably allowing u to reason with ur brain and not ur anus.
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Afam4eva(m): 2:18pm On May 29, 2013
Ajasnoop: [b][/b]

Awolowo resigned from the Government in mid-1970 so couldn't have introduced the Naira in 1973
very good. Pls can someone confirm this so that the OP can be put to shame.

But this brings up the question; where did the word Naira emanate from?
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 29, 2013
Miss becky: which ressearch did u do?oh let me guess,u went to interview Awolowo in his grave and he told u dat it is never allow igbos rule again...guy,dont let hate make u bitter,dere is no credible source dat confirms ur dumb statements.stop being tribalistic,it will do u a lot of good probably allowing u to reason with ur brain and not ur anus.

Oh which "ressearch" did i do?, did you wear your panties on your head when typing this nonsense cheesy, If you have any credible alternative to my assertions submit them, if u don't.. get off my thread and go meet your likes in the romance and celebrity sections. Or better still be useful to someone..go to challenge in Ibadan and give 20 naira to those destitutes Awo refused to rehabilitate when he was alive. Now run off..little t.wat. cheesy
Re: Naira-Awolowo's Best Kept Secret by overdrive(m): 2:29pm On May 29, 2013
KOBO kill obj before others grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe / Nigerian Flag Beautifully Flying At The New York Stock Exchange / DSS Secretly Detains Pastor Who Exposed N7billion Jonathan’s CAN Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.