Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? (5011 Views)

APC Fans Celebrating In Calabar, Cross River State (see Photos) / APC Celebrating In Benin While Nigerians Are Crying (Pictures) / Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by GospelRapper(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2013
Capital YES... Congratulations to my fellow Nigerians on our democrasy day celebration...so many Nigerians insult Nigeria without telling us their contribution to help the situation

1 Like

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by GospelRapper(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2013
Capital YES... Congratulations to my fellow Nigerians on our democracy day celebration...so many Nigerians insult Nigeria without telling us their contribution to help the situation
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Fussbot: 10:00am On May 29, 2013
GospelRapper: Capital YES... Congratulations to my fellow Nigerians on our democrasy day celebration...so many Nigerians insult Nigeria without telling us their contribution to help the situation
and u tel us wat u've done to help the situation?

2 Likes

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by kamelonaire(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2013
is not wat celebratn, let stop curruptn firt, after dat we can celebrate democracy. Wat is democracy; democracmy is the government of the people, for the people nd by the people. How government her currupt hw can they govern us, we the people are also currupt, nw wat her we celebratn for?
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by carule(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2013
Why do we 9jas love to cover our wound, love to smile when we are suffering. an average 9ja knows that is does not worth celebrating. go out and see how people are suffering, no power supply, no water supply, bad education, OVER ALL MOONEY IS HARD TO COME BY.............

1 Like

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by thundey95(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2013
Nigeria born as a baby in 1999, his name is DEMOCRACY. This baby sat for a WAEC. Kindly look at his WAEC result in all his nine subjects:

POVERTY. B2
EDUCATION E8
UNEMPLOYMENT. A1
SECURITY. F9
GOOD GOVERNANCE. F9
CORRUPTION. A1
ELECTION MALPRACTICE. A1
ELECTRICITY F9
TRANSPORTATION F9

Can a good parent still celebrate the performance of this poor boy? I don't think this DEMOCRACY result worth Celebrating,

2 Likes

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Greatpooss(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2013
Going by the meaning of Democracy, it's the best system of government worth celebrating in the sense that it promotes development and rule of law. But in the case of Nigeria, we are in the hands of callous and corrupt leaders who are percolating our resources at the same time neglecting our well being. Pray for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Jobig(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2013
capital no,cos what we are practicing is a modify democracy.
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by chris365(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2013
Militaryzone: Our Democracy Leader are still practicing Dictatorship. So nothing to celebrate about.

Try living in Saudi or Swaziland. smiley
Abeg, am enjoying my freedom to yab my president o. Even though a lot of work needs to be done

2 Likes

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by dannymatt(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2013
How can we say we are celebrating Democracy when we are practicing Demo-Crazy, our country is on fire religious, tribal and political fire, yet we say we are celebrating Democracy, Nigeria! i pity us, if this is how we will continue then what need is there to celebrate ...Democracy ko, Demo-Crazy ni
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57am On May 29, 2013
@OP Pls I want to return with a question "is christmass worth celebrating?" If yes then y ignore a honoured day, if No then I will advise you take a trip out of Naija.
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 29, 2013
idnoble135: [/color]
It is worth celebrating! Though our democracy is beset by many problems. Many folks would cite divers problems that we are encountering and would go further to compare the Nigeria to US or even Britain. But the truth is we cant compare both with Nigeria. America is enjoying over 200 years of independence, Britain was never colonized, and Nigeria is just going to be 53yrs old this year. The early years of the two model countries was worse than ours.
We must not lose hope in Nigeria. Its our country. We shall ascend the throne of glory over the nations. In the inspiring words of Charles Spurgeon, "By perservance, the snail reached the ark".
I believe in Nigeria. We shall make it. Can i get a witness?[color=#000099]
[color=#000099][/color]s?

Story story...
Its deception on our part to link our failures to our youth or d fact we are still young. Wen naija was 40,d same tnz were said. We are now 53, we still claim we are young.

At 53, America was far ahead. Infact, at every given age, america has always been better.
Nigeria has d resources both human n physical to rip us off this mediocrity. Japan is less endowed wth mineral resources, but look @ Japan now.

Wat am saying is this: age isnt a factor as far as our devt is concerned.
@ op, d only concept i like abt this day is dat i wont go to work today, i have delayed my meeting with my tailor for so long
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by bknight: 11:22am On May 29, 2013
:
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by moneyhungry(m): 11:37am On May 29, 2013
It is worth celebrating! Though our democracy is beset by many problems. Many folks would cite divers problems that we are encountering and would go further to compare the Nigeria to US or even Britain. But the truth is we cant compare both with Nigeria. America is enjoying over 200 years of independence, Britain was never colonized, and Nigeria is just going to be 53yrs old this year. The early years of the two model countries was worse than ours.
We must not lose hope in Nigeria. Its our country. We shall ascend the throne of glory over the nations. In the inspiring words of Charles Spurgeon, "By perservance, the snail reached the ark".
absolute bull.sh/it.

1 Like

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ekaromail: 11:42am On May 29, 2013
Those of you lashing at democracy please spend a week experiencing military rule then you will value d same democracy that u are insulting. True we still have a long way to go in Nigeria, all we have to do is work harder and pray harder for growth.
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by AbuMikey(m): 11:44am On May 29, 2013
Yes No,it is worth it? Yes No Yes No
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 29, 2013
IF NOT FOR DEMOCRACY, U MAY NOT HAVE Had THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE ON NAIRALAND...
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Biggysmalls919(m): 12:29pm On May 29, 2013
celeberate terrorism
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by jmoore(m): 12:35pm On May 29, 2013
Democracy is not synonymous to good governance.

The ignorance about the meaning of democracy can be seen in our Nigerian media especially when they use the term "dividends of democracy".
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 29, 2013
If not for Democracy, you think you guys will have the guts to call GEJ Names on Nl?
You would have been traced a long time ago and killed! Seun's website (Nairaland) would've been closed down a long time ago and he would be in prison now for harbouring treason through his website. Do you now see why to celebrate Democracy?

1 Like

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ilenaira: 12:54pm On May 29, 2013

@idnoble, I think you mean well, but to use colonialism or the relative length of the adoption of democracy as an excuse is being insincere and hiding from the truth. The closest equivalent country is Malaysia and look at what they've achieved as Nigeria squander wealth, natural and human. There is absolutely nothing to celebrate.
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Revolva(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2013
never will i celebrate it in my life...its not even worth even listening to..when people greet you with it..like happy democrazy day...i just hisssed....when hunbgry dey wire man stomach....una dey tell me happy democrazy day......thunder fiyya una presido
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ssii: 1:18pm On May 29, 2013
Not at all...
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by kraftykc(m): 1:33pm On May 29, 2013
Stegomiah: Today is democracy day, just want you to share your opinions!

Is democracy really worth celebrating? Yes or No, pls bak ur point up wit a good reason

This is a subjective statement to me, it doesn't merit an explanation. The answer is NO, democracy has not been worth my dignity as a Nigerian and my soul as a human. Democracy has pushed Naija to very cliff and nothing is worth that
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by uzeba(m): 1:35pm On May 29, 2013
In 1985 IBB was d President of Nigeria and
our teachers told us that Buhari was the
former president... Our teacher also called us
d leaders of tomorrow 27 years later IBB and
Buhari are still contesting for President.... Its
either our teacher lied to us aboutbeing the
leaders of tomorow....? Or tomorrow hasn't
come? Happy Democracy day fans
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by kraftykc(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2013
ekaromail: Those of you lashing at democracy please spend a week experiencing military rule then you will value d same democracy that u are insulting. True we still have a long way to go in Nigeria, all we have to do is work harder and pray harder for growth.

Haba, even 17 year olds met military rule, was it the forced sanitation or not driviing army green vehicles that would have killed us?
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ccollins(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry WHAT TYPE OF DEMOCRACY
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ekaromail: 1:57pm On May 29, 2013
kraftykc: Haba, even 17 year olds met military rule, was it the forced sanitation or not driviing army green vehicles that would have killed us?
If 17yr olds met military rule,N I doubt dey did,dey met it wn it was fading out.
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ekaromail: 2:03pm On May 29, 2013
If you look at this frm a very realistic point? 17 yr olds did not even smell millitary rule. By the way in military rule will you dare go on strike or verbaly attack your president when he introduced fuel subsidy? think it thru.even labour go humble
Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by brownlord: 2:12pm On May 29, 2013
Demonstration of crase

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 29, 2013
thundey95: Nigeria born as a baby in 1999, his name is DEMOCRACY. This baby sat for a WAEC. Kindly look at his WAEC result in all his nine subjects:

POVERTY. B2
EDUCATION E8
UNEMPLOYMENT. A1
SECURITY. F9
GOOD GOVERNANCE. F9
CORRUPTION. A1
ELECTION MALPRACTICE. A1
ELECTRICITY F9
TRANSPORTATION F9

Can a good parent still celebrate the performance of this poor boy? I don't think this DEMOCRACY result worth Celebrating,

[b][/b]OBVIOUSLY A LUCKY FEW ARE ENJOYING WHILE MOST ARE SUFFERING AND SO ACCUSTOMED TO IT! Eeeyah how SAD!

Re: Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by emekaeelendu: 2:25pm On May 29, 2013
63. Re. Is Democracy Worth Celebrating in Nigeria - Is it 'dem-all-crazy' as is practiced by the ruling "fee-d-fee" in the last 14 horrible and corruption infested and ridden 'mechanical contraption' called Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari - A Secondary School Drop Out (Joined Army Before Final Year Exams) / Update: The Bokoharam Prisoners Are Now In Anambra / UAE Govt Releases List Of Nigerian Politicians Who Have Properties In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.