Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) (17848 Views)

Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos / Couple Abandon Their Mentally Challenged Child In Hospital And Ran Away - Photo / 18 Million Nigerians Are Mentally Ill - Psychiatrist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by chaloner(m): 1:14am On May 29, 2013
i dont think this is the best option, for 11years chaiii, what a behavior he must have posses .

Wang Muxiang, 74, with her son Wu Yuanhong who has been caged at home for 11 years
Mother Wang Muxiang tried to find someone who would weld her a strong cage for her son. The local blacksmiths refused out of fear the sick man may attack them in revenge if he escaped.
Wang Muxiang described how she was forced to build it herself.
‘I wielded the cage while crying heavily. Although he suffers from mental illness and killed a person, he still is my son.
‘Thinking I am making a cage to lock him in, my heart was broken.’
http://www.weyab.com/2013/05/mentally-ill-man-locked-in-cage-for-11.html
http://www.ynaija.com/sickening-mentally-ill-man-locked-in-a-cage-for-11-years-by-his-own-mother-photos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by deols(f): 8:01am On May 29, 2013
This is unfortunate.

It must have been hard for her. what happens when she dies?

I think this is better than him walking around and endangering other people's lives.

2 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by chaloner(m): 8:10am On May 29, 2013
deols: This is unfortunate.

It must have been hard for her. what happens when she dies?

I think this is better than him walking around and endangering other people's lives.
Yes preventing him from hurting people is ok but not in this way, this is no longer human in that cage , for 11years hmmmmm, I fear
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by dominique(f): 9:27am On May 29, 2013
I thought they had facilities for mentally unsound people like this. Did she seriously think she was helping him? I swear, I believe some people do things just to make news one day.

2 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by deols(f): 1:52pm On May 29, 2013
chaloner:
Yes preventing him from hurting people is ok but not in this way, this is no longer human in that cage , for 11years hmmmmm, I fear

I wish she did it differently.They probably lack a good social system for such a people. The Nigerian system is worrisome as well.

2 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 4:02pm On May 29, 2013
Very Sad
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Opey4luv(m): 4:02pm On May 29, 2013
Mother of Jesus!!! So so sad.
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 29, 2013
Wow sad sad sad
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 29, 2013
What a mother

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by moneyhungry(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2013
Jesus christ of onitsha!
u mean am?
too much privatisation has led to building a private jail.

4 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by rodeo0070(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2013
Eeya!
She had to do it for all the right wrong reasons...
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 29, 2013
too bad,one of the fate of life.
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by alyarmouk(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2013
mk them carry am com one cele church wey dey my Zanga.....na one week i give am..e go begin find work..via normal normal

2 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by ifyalways(f): 4:12pm On May 29, 2013
The strength of a woman.

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:13pm On May 29, 2013
Some pple just comment just cos they wanna increase their post here. I believe this is not the best for her as well but she had in mind other people who could get hurt if he is left roaming the streets. Now tell me if she hasn't been saving lives for 11yrs.

4 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 29, 2013
mother did what she tagged best.. hurts tho

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by AlyricistLaura: 4:16pm On May 29, 2013
Damn!! Madness yohh...

Wtf is going on in the World

Just Straight Lunacy
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by SenatorTobijah(m): 4:17pm On May 29, 2013
Kirikiri Prison. Watch out for Prisonbreak season 6
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Flygerian1(m): 4:18pm On May 29, 2013
alyarmouk: mk them carry am com one cele church wey dey my Zanga.....na one week i give am..e go begin find work..via normal normal
Yet, I wonder why there are still more psychos roaming around the streets of Lagos.
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by free2ryhme: 4:20pm On May 29, 2013
well in as much as we disapprove of her action towards his matured son we cant but help the much lives she has saved by taken such a drastic decision. Ironically she has taken the path of utmost good

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Agbalanze(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2013
Cruel fate!
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by daviide: 4:22pm On May 29, 2013
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 29, 2013
Na wetin that Micheal adebowale mama suppose do am be this at least it would have helped some of us wey wan apply for UK visa.

7 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Kslib(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2013
Omo dis guy go don turn correct psychologist i tell ya...
Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by demelza: 4:31pm On May 29, 2013
OMG!! This eerily reminds me of Betty Applewhite and her mentally challenged son Caleb in the series Desperate Housewives.
Anyway only a mother's love could do what that woman did. I sure as hell know that it wasnt easy for her keeping her son in such a state. Like someone said, The Undiluted, Marvelous Strength of a Woman.
Salute to all the amazing mothers out there, I pray God gives me the ability to be counted as one.

5 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by Provie(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2013
Yet dey say we are black monkeys. Who is d amimal now? Pity!

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by yuzedo: 4:32pm On May 29, 2013
Well, he loook like dat dengrouss bozz in KUNG-FU HUSTLE. undecided

I watch d movei inside aroeplane wen am tramvulin to abroad one day. cool smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) by GentleNaaz(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2013
dominique: I thought they had facilities for mentally unsound people like this. Did she seriously think she was helping him? I swear, I believe some people do things just to make news one day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 18 2020 In Nigeria / How Police Saved Man's Life After Heath Challenge While Driving. Photo / My COVID-19 Near Death Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.