Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood (14925 Views)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics / Jonathan’s Exit: Some Power Brokers Who’ll Be Swept Out Of Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by kyrianomang(m): 11:42pm On May 30, 2013
Sugardiva: This isn't a picture of calabar at all let alone IBB. And there hasn't been any seriously heavy rain on a monday in the past couple of weeks. No offence but this story needs verification.
my brother.i can even swear that this isn't calabar.
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by maclatunji: 12:24am On May 31, 2013
Lilimax: Quite an unfortunate incidentcry cry.
Can't imagine the sight of watching your loved one being swept away by flood.
RIP sir.

Awful scene it must have been, almost unbelieveable. May God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by Nobody: 2:08am On May 31, 2013
RIP. My heart goes out to his family. :-(
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by gentlepoco: 6:05am On May 31, 2013
such a bad one... Is a pity! God gives he has taketh may His soul RIP.. Amen
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by Orokita(m): 6:11am On May 31, 2013
[b][/b] I repeat: the director of works, unical is still very much alive! The Man in question Mr Friday Akpan was the head of the carpentry unit, my boss is very much alive!!!! That pic is definitely not taken in calabar! We don't have that kind of flood! The man I'm told slipped and fell while trying to catch his umbrella that was blown away by the wind! The runoff there(ibb by otop abasi near akim police station) is massive and he got swept away! Its rather lame when our so called journalist would print things without verification!!!
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by eddyslim(m): 7:37am On May 31, 2013
Sugardiva: This isn't a picture of calabar at all let alone IBB. And there hasn't been any seriously heavy rain on a monday in the past couple of weeks. No offence but this story needs verification.
Seriously mehn, this is not CALABAR. So I wonder who the hell is cooking all this fake stories.. And there was no serious rain pour on monday either.
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by stankezzy: 9:35am On May 31, 2013
the story is true but the picture is from hurricane floodings in the usa.check out the building partern nd the neatness of the vehicles around.
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by viruz007(m): 10:15am On May 31, 2013
mbok this is not calabar... hian
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by madjune(m): 12:39pm On May 31, 2013
That's why I always wear LIFE JACKET in calabar and people think i'm crazy. Remember, na marine town.
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by dabigwalls: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2013
I have my doubts about that picture being Calabar. Can OP confirm?
Re: UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood by Sugardiva(f): 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
Orokita: [b][/b] I repeat: the director of works, unical is still very much alive! The Man in question Mr Friday Akpan was the head of the carpentry unit, my boss is very much alive!!!! That pic is definitely not taken in calabar! We don't have that kind of flood! The man I'm told slipped and fell while trying to catch his umbrella that was blown away by the wind! The runoff there(ibb by otop abasi near akim police station) is massive and he got swept away! Its rather lame when our so called journalist would print things without verification!!!

Thank u for this information. This story is unreliable. @OP pls let's all try to report events in a manner that is not misleading especially when it relates to the lives of people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Plan Protest Against Mark / Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation / INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.