Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises (711 Views)

97 Promises: Gej's Score Card By Chxta Bee / Osun Gubernatorial Electioneering Campaigns, Who Sucks, Who Rocks? / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Score Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by rajkard: 4:04pm On May 30, 2013
In his Mid-Term report, GEJ told us that he has marked and score his performance, and according to the score, he did

exceedingly well. He equally challenged us to develop our own marking scheme and score him on our individual basic. I

think he is right in challenging us to score him, so I decided to just that. While he asked us to develop a marking

scheme, I choose to use his electioneering campaign promises as my marking scheme. A nairalander has already documented

these promises

1. Single term leadership

You promised to go for only single term, but from all political calculation, you lied about that.Score=F9

2.Constitutional role for traditional rulers: Up till now there has not been a constitutional ammendement, so you

failed on that also.Score =F9

3.Domestic airport in all the states without airport:To the best of my knowledge, there has not been new airport

in states without airport like Anambra. Score=F9

4.You promised university in every state capital and a special school for almajiri, you sure did something on the

almajiri, that of university i am not sure of
.Score=C4

5. In Oyo state,You promised to create jobs and improve power sector. The power sector improved and relapsed

again, job creation i can say so about. Score=C6

6.You promised gas and oil exploration, dams to improve agriculture,Mambila hydro-electricity for North-East zone,

they are still waiting half way your tenure
.Score=P8

7. The matyrs that died in PH as a result of stampede are still waiting for the petrochemical plant,implementation of

PIB (even though they are yet to pass it)
. Score=F9

8.You promised agricultural improvement in almost all the regions of the federation. Mr President Sir, just like

every other night, millions of Nigerians went to bed yesterday without food and with no hope of eating tonight.Score=P7

9.You promised the dredging of river niger and fast completion of dualization of Abuja-Lokoja road. Mid way your

tenure, the promises are still not realised. Score=P8

10.You promised to rehabilitate all ailing industry in Aba: Abians are yet to see the fulfilement of your

promise.Score=F9

11.In my home state of Anambra, you promised a power plant, rehabilitation of all roads leading to Anambra, provision

of portable water to Onitsha and Nnewi, as well as tackle erosion
. President Sir, it is quicker to trek from Awka to

Enugu than to drive, I choose not to mention the rest of the promises, you know why.Score=F9

12.You promised to establish a secratariat for all federal agencies and parastatals office in Ebonyi,mid-way through

your tenure
, your score is F9

13.In Niger state, you promised more power generation: with the flag-off of Zungeru hydo power, your score is A3

14.Deltans are still waiting for NNPC's new programme that will absorb 5000 youths.Score=F8

15.In Ogun, you promised to build more refineries in Nigeria.Sir, mid way through, we are still waiting.Score=F9

16.You alone can tell us if you have established the Federal university in Kebbi,remember you promised them they will

have it in 2012
.Score=F9

17.In Ktasina, you promised to lift the living standard of Nigerian through implementation of poeple oriented

programmes
: is fuel subsidy one of them? Score=F9

With the powers reposed on me by you to mark you, the overall SCORE=F9
Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by Seum(f): 4:12pm On May 30, 2013
Good scorecard.

Oya sincere9erian, defend ur oga
Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by CROWE: 4:24pm On May 30, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan only needs to give us one thing, State Autonomy. The rest of it is compensation, Nigeria is a big country and one man cannot build it. The governors need to be able to participate effectively and they cannot do that unless they have absolute control over their domain. There is so much power at the center the rest of the government is now an empty shell and then we wonder why we have ineffectual and corrupt government, the only branch of government when any control has far too much to do and it cannot keep up, suddenly the oil spills in the Niger Delta seem like trivial matters, the early days of Boko Haram were also a fringe problem, basically any problem in any state becomes a fringe problem when you have fucking 36 of them to look after and end of not looking after any of them properly.

Nigeria is too big for one man to govern, stop fighting a loosing battle and justify the existence of the states. Oh and local governments need to be scrapped.

@rajkard,the second he promised those things you should have know he was not the man for Nigeria. He clearly means well and is trying his best but effort is useless when channeled in the wrong direction.
Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by taharqa2: 4:27pm On May 30, 2013
IGNORAMUS.. If you knew anytin bout what is going on in Nigeria currently, you wud hv known easily that MOST of d 17 or so odd Promises you listd above hv either been done or is been done mid-way tru (repeat, MOST of them). If these were the Promises you are holding the President and if your intent was to 'prove' the President has failed in fulfiling them, then you hv Failed WOEFULLY on account of yr incredible Ignorance.... Little KIDS
Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by CROWE: 4:35pm On May 30, 2013
taharqa2: IGNORAMUS.. If you knew anytin bout what is going on in Nigeria currently, you wud hv known easily that MOST of d 17 or so odd Promises you listd above hv either been done or is been done mid-way tru (repeat, MOST of them). If these were the Promises you are holding the President and if your intent was to 'prove' the President has failed in fulfiling them, then you hv Failed WOEFULLY on account of yr incredible Ignorance.... Little KIDS

I dunno about most of them but I remember hearing airports in all the states and this talk aboout university in all the state capitals? Sounds like a pretty naive thing to say.
Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by b0dnel: 9:02pm On May 30, 2013
taharqa2: IGNORAMUS.. If you knew anytin bout what is going on in Nigeria currently, you wud hv known easily that MOST of d 17 or so odd Promises you listd above hv either been done or is been done mid-way tru (repeat, MOST of them). If these were the Promises you are holding the President and if your intent was to 'prove' the President has failed in fulfiling them, then you hv Failed WOEFULLY on account of yr incredible Ignorance.... Little KIDS

Hahahahaha,:-)we need evidence. Talk is cheap
Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by Rijkard: 11:33pm On May 30, 2013

RETARD....I have no doubt you believed that Nigeria has been experiencing "GOODLUCK" because of GEJ. Learn to talk with facts,except if you are learning from Okupe.
Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by 1025: 12:04am On May 31, 2013
if u ask me, i will tell you that jonathan has even done more than he promised.
by the way, during his promises, he never promised to make fuel sale for N97 but that he did.
he did not promise to legalize corruption but today, ribadu and elrufai that ran away from justice were brought back as national heroes by jonathan while alams is no longer a criminal.
did any one of us here hear jonathan promising us war? but today nigeria is fighting a war.
again, jonathan did not promise us that he will sack any performing minister and keep lazy and criminal minded ones but he sacked Barth Nnaji.
he promised us free and fair election and we saw that in his home state where anointed candidate was rejected for the ppl's man.
ok, who can tell me of any president whose wife is a perm sec. in the state of origin?
jonathan is the best president the world has ever seen.
if i may ask, will a performing president look for scorecards when the roads, river niger second bridge, security, employment, low rate of corruption, quality education, hospitals etc are in place here and there.

2 Likes

Re: President GEJ Score Card According To His Electioneering Promises by b0dnel: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
1025: if u ask me, i will tell you that jonathan has even done more than he promised.
by the way, during his promises, he never promised to make fuel sale for N97 but that he did.
he did not promise to legalize corruption but today, ribadu and elrufai that ran away from justice were brought back as national heroes by jonathan while alams is no longer a criminal.
did any one of us here hear jonathan promising us war? but today nigeria is fighting a war.
again, jonathan did not promise us that he will sack any performing minister and keep lazy and criminal minded ones but he sacked Barth Nnaji.
he promised us free and fair election and we saw that in his home state where anointed candidate was rejected for the ppl's man.
ok, who can tell me of any president whose wife is a perm sec. in the state of origin?
jonathan is the best president the world has ever seen.
if i may ask, will a performing president look for scorecards when the roads, river niger second bridge, security, employment, low rate of corruption, quality education, hospitals etc are in place here and there.

Your brain is in your head. Locate it and use it

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Way Forward For Nigerian Police. / REVEALED: How Nigerian Filling Stations Cheat Customers / Mai Tatsine, Boko Haram And Can: The Bitter Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.