Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,024 members, 7,849,133 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:01 PM

Where Do You Seek Help? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do You Seek Help? (463 Views)

At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? / Why Do Nigerians Seek Spiritual Remedy To Most Of Their Problems? / Zimbabwe Prime Minister In Synagogue To Seek Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Do You Seek Help? by SonofIssachar: 9:08am On May 31, 2013
Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You. When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. – Psalm 61:1-2

Challenges and trials are part of life, only the dead and inanimate don’t have them. We face various life situations that test our faith, maturity, endurance, skills and expertise. But when the storms of life come billowing, do you fight or take a flight? When the vicissitudes of life become overwhelming, where do you turn to for help?

Our answers to these questions are critical to how we fare in life: if you are the type that analyses a challenge and then tackles it headlong, rather than avoiding or running away from it, each encounter will certainly build up your maturity, spirituality, dignity, fortitude and confidence; whereas, each time you take a flight and avoid a challenge constitutes a debit from your confidence and self esteem. So, the best course to take is to fight it out. But, ensure you take time to first analyse the situation, know how best to confront it, when to take it on, and what resources you need to realistically achieve your aim.

In the event where you are overwhelmed by the vicissitudes of life, such that you are feeling drowned, it is always good to look beyond yourself and reach out for help. While it is advisable to seek help from experts in the area of your challenge or from an enlightened significant other, you should not discountenance also seeking the help of God. In the case of humans, you can only be helped to the extent of the resources available to the person you run to. But God has unlimited resources and He has monopoly of solutions. He had solved innumerable challenges since humans started becoming conscious of them; and He hasn’t stopped. So you get the advantage of experience, expertise and formidability when you run to God. Nothing fazes Him; everything thaws in His presence. He is just a prayer away; why not tell Him about the issue now?

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

(1) (Reply)

Liberty Baptist Seminary’s Enrollment Of Homosexual Activist Called Into Questio / Jesus Is Coming Soon! -are You Ready? -are You Prepared? / How To Remain Current And Take Sure Steps (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.