Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (340651 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
cyrexx:

I use tecno f7, overall its a very good phone. The only letdown is the battery.

My advice: Ensure that you locate tecno office and buy directly from them. I have a feeling that something fishy is going on with the marketers of the phone and the substandard battery people are complaining about, they might be getting it cheaper from another source who has to compromise on the battery

For your info:Tecno doesnt sell to an end user besides who produce those 'CHEAP ONES' you claimed the marketer buys from?Lets be careful about our comment,nobody produces batteries outside Tecno and if you have issues with yours,I advice you visit carl care.thanks
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
tomii: whats the name of the app pls.

zoemob
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
Proffdada:
Actually that's seems to be the problem with the phone,at first it'll display 100% but give it 5 min on standby it'll drains on it own back to 20%

I stand to be corrected but I disagree with you totally sir.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by adisaogo: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Space is always reserved for the system, even the Samsung Galaxy series does that so don't be afraid it is normal.
thanks for d reply bro, this is ma 1st Android mobile n i was So so surprised on seeing 1.57gb out of 4gb. Oboi... I don dey prep to return d phone sef..
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by adisaogo: 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Space is always reserved for the system, even the Samsung Galaxy series does that so don't be afraid it is normal.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by k2kay(m): 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
adisaogo:
thanks for d reply bro, this is ma 1st Android mobile n i was So so surprised on seeing 1.57gb out of 4gb. Oboi... I don dey prep to return d phone sef..
Since u not returning yours, can u pls give us a proper review on this ba3 issue that's after u charge and use it. Your response would be highly appreciated !

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
mr.drizzy:
for those of u guyz are still contemplating bout buying or nt.if u can go fit cope with d ba3 fine..otherwise u get a thl w100 they are of the same specs with dis(maybe even better)..all na choice..thats my opinion sha

How do we know if thl w100 battery will be better than tecnof7 battery.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
Too bad. Marketers in d forum are praising dis hot plate battery drainer. u guys r seeing d truth and u r lying to sell. do u think I we r learner. I have use n3, p3 and d5. pls stop deceiving people on dis electric iron called f7
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
Tecno knows wat dey r doing. imagine dey remove 3g from d best fone dey have (tecno d5)
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
cyrexx:

How do we know if thl w100 battery will be better than tecnof7 battery.
thats becos it doesnt,the new chipset.has been made in such a way that it wnt drain ba3 or hot much... Use google for assistance. wink
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
Peroluv: Tecno knows wat dey r doing. imagine dey remove 3g from d best fone dey have (tecno d5)
yeah supported
d5 still remains one of d best tecno android,if nt for d edge mehn
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Peroluv: Too bad. Marketers in d forum are praising dis hot plate battery drainer. u guys r seeing d truth and u r lying to sell. do u think I we r learner. I have use n3, p3 and d5. pls stop deceiving people on dis electric iron called f7

I didn't want to reply this, but here.

I guess you skipped some pages. Kindly go back and read them. What's the essence of over-flogging an issue with solutions?

I market, so does Elijah and if it's sealed when you bought it, what's the problem all about? There's Carl Care. Go there and resolve it if you can't follow simple instructions already laid down here. If Nairaland hasn't proved to be a Tecno battery solution hub, go to Tecno Fan Page on Facebook and spill it there.

It's only a marketer, a hit and run marketer that will sell fake products.

And before I forget, it's good to think before you type.

Thanks.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Tycoon4(m): 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
[quote author=Peroluv]Too bad. Marketers in d forum are praising dis hot plate battery drainer. u guys r seeing d truth and u r lying to sell. do u think I we r learner. I have use n3, p3 and d5. pls stop deceiving people on dis electric iron called f7

do you even own the phone? how dare you say its a hot plate?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 12:17am On Jun 22, 2013
Funny how my z10 gets hotter than the phantom a......Pple must be exaggerating!

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by DarkLover: 1:40am On Jun 22, 2013
:p okeyy
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 4:45am On Jun 22, 2013
Peroluv: Too bad. Marketers in d forum are praising dis hot plate battery drainer. u guys r seeing d truth and u r lying to sell. do u think I we r learner. I have use n3, p3 and d5. pls stop deceiving people on dis electric iron called f7

I own the phone, it's definitely not an electric iron. The battery just drain fast. Stop badmouthing this wonderful machine.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 4:51am On Jun 22, 2013
mr.drizzy:
thats becos it doesnt,the new chipset.has been made in such a way that it wnt drain ba3 or hot much... Use google for assistance. wink
Don't refer me to Google. Say it if you know. Google doesn’t use phones. It's people.

Have you used thl w100 or seen anyone use it and they said the battery last longer than f7?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 4:57am On Jun 22, 2013
elijahdre:

For your info:Tecno doesnt sell to an end user besides who produce those 'CHEAP ONES' you claimed the marketer buys from?Lets be careful about our comment,nobody produces batteries outside Tecno and if you have issues with yours,I advice you visit carl care.thanks

I went to their Carl care, I even wanted to buy a new battery from them but they said they don't have a new battery for f7. That's frustrating.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by nico4presi: 6:09am On Jun 22, 2013
jaymichael: can someone pay for online contents with GTbank naira master card from say Google play store? even though their prices are quoted in us dollars.?
@Jay Michael. You can buy google apps here in Nigeria. Check this post
http://www.baba2023.com/2013/06/how-to-buy-android-apps-on-google-play.html
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sambo4allyahoocom: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2013
so since u have used n3, p3, have u used f7 to see if the marketer are telling d truth? Mine u am not a marketer, but i only see u as been here to discourage people... Go comment on ur n3 and p3 not f7 cos u dont own one..
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 7:31am On Jun 22, 2013
Fellow f7 users pls kindly screen grab your fifa 12 full pitch/field. cos my own is showing urgly colour, also my guy try fixing his own as we did on d5 with chainfire3d. behold d fone went dead. How can we spend such money on dis fone without enjoying fifa 12
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2013
sambo4all@yahoo.com:
so since u have used n3, p3, have u used f7 to see if the marketer are telling d truth? Mine u am not a marketer, but i only see u as been here to discourage people... Go comment on ur n3 and p3 not f7 cos u dont own one..
am not discouraging anybody. just telling u dem d simple truth so dey won't make d mistake I made
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2013
Dark Lover: I finna get this mobile for my baby sis for her birthday, but the battery issue has done rule that out, i'll get better mobile for her with durable battery and features. All of em this Chinese keep bringing in substandard products to Africa and we're happily accepting all. All mobile devices coming to Africa suppose to come with good battery because of Africa low energy/power production and output.
not buying this fone because a few pple claim their batteries are bad and ignoring the other comments about an above par battery life is not exactly objective. Truth is bad news spread faster! Same with every phone on big named flagships on gsmarena
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 22, 2013
Surprisingly, FIFA 12 looks bad on dis fone but plays well on TN3.
WOW!!! Wonders shall neva cease to end.......
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2013
another hot plate with overprice crap undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:57am On Jun 22, 2013

Mumu, u sure say up dey use the fone sef....go and buy Samsung S3, s2, or HTC sensation make u C electric iron ...leave our machine techno we dey enjoy am abeg... my own ba3 does not drain fast for ur information... my friend stop Blabbing.... undecided
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Tycoon4(m): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2013
funny how every Tom, Dick and Harry comes on here to rubbish a phone they don't own. Its even those who can't afford the phone that have more to say about it, just by reading comments of people who claim their phones get hot bla bla bla..

FYI, i've been using this phone for close to 1month, and i've never had to complain for any reason whatsoever, the battery suits me in all ways..I happen to be a data intensive user, downloading atleast 1Gig of files daily and a heavy user of google and other search engines aswell. my 100% charged battery has never spent <6hours, even with intensive use, and my powerbank is always there to fully charge the phone for another bout of 6hour usage. In all, my phone lasts the whole day without stress even on heavy usage.

That said, in manufacturing processes..there's room for factory errors and hence, when such occur, take the product back and have it fixed or changed, since there's still you still have your warrantee.

PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ALL THE BASHING AND CALLING OF NAMES, it really goes a long way to show how matured they are! And to those calling the marketers names, you people should take it easy..the fault is not from them afterall, I got mine from Elijah and i've been flexing it since then. Follow the screen brightness reduction, etc tips and enjoy your device. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by seunpayne(m): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2013
What is all this poo about the bat3? Does samsung galaxy s4 last a whole day with heavy use? Bashing a phone because you don't know how to use it or probably don't have it is immature. F7 is awesome. Granted its an old chip but please don't call it substandard. The bat3 is up to par and lasts longer dan every phone with its exact specs. Consider d fact that u r running a hd screen... D phone try abeg. And for those calling it a hot plate. You are simply just ignorant.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2013
Bought the f7 on Tuesday, my first android phone coming from a curve 4 I would say the battery life is very Good. You virtually carrying a computer in your pocket so why do you expect the battery to last for a week.
Even Nokia lumia battery is the worst. The only thing I noticed is that it takes longer to charge the battery to hundred % and I'm sure that's because I'm not used to this f7 yet.
I Thank God that I no longer have to live in fear of my battery dying on the road . To be objective use the battery saving tips and check out the results. The f7 isn't perfect but I'm enjoying it.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Digatron(m): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2013
Peroluv: pls don't buy f7 until dey fix d display drivers on fifa, on d hotness. on d poor b3. am a strong tecno fan. just telling u d truth
hello nairalanders, am so suprised at the way some people are condemning this phone. i bought mine since june 6 and since then till now i've not had an issue with it. my battery is ok, it doesn't heat up, it runs without lag when am playing NFS MW, PES 2012, ASphalt 6&7, etc. above all it is on 3g netwk. also use greenify software to hidernate some background apps grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
my advice for you that review phones that they don't have is to shut up till u get one. am not a marketer but i work at G-Smart connect communications illorin. if you are in kwara state you can can and see for ur self. TECNO has opened our eyes, believe it or not
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2013
Ty_coon: funny how every Tom, Dick and Harry comes on here to rubbish a phone they don't own. Its even those who can't afford the phone that have more to say about it, just by reading comments of people who claim their phones get hot bla bla bla..

FYI, i've been using this phone for close to 1month, and i've never had to complain for any reason whatsoever, the battery suits me in all ways..I happen to be a data intensive user, downloading atleast 1Gig of files daily and a heavy user of google and other search engines aswell. my 100% charged battery has never spent <6hours, even with intensive use, and my powerbank is always there to fully charge the phone for another bout of 6hour usage. In all, my phone lasts the whole day without stress even on heavy usage.

That said, in manufacturing processes..there's room for factory errors and hence, when such occur, take the product back and have it fixed or changed, since there's still you still have your warrantee.

PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ALL THE BASHING AND CALLING OF NAMES, it really goes a long way to show how matured they are! And to those calling the marketers names, you people should take it easy..the fault is not from them afterall, I got mine from Elijah and i've been flexing it since then. Follow the screen brightness reduction, etc tips and enjoy your device. Thanks!

Tell them oooh... am on my way to school now and my ba3 is at 82% at the time of typing this post after removing it from d power supply around 6a.m...though my network has been on edge since then...

Follow those tips I posted yesterday if u r still having problem with ur ba3 And see it last for 24hrs...
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Rajgan4edu: 10:23am On Jun 22, 2013
Pls, is it possible to save applications directly on d memory card without rooting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.