Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (340413 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Mod412(m): 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
To my oga at the top, let's have a quick comparism between Gionee and Tecno and then we can start jumping to conclusions.

Tecno pros over Gionee
- Larger screen
- Carl center available in Nigeria
- Better design(my opinion)
- Removable battery
- Cheaper + power bank

Gionee over Tecno
- Slightly better specs( processor)
- Gorilla glass
- Ota update
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mod412: To my oga at the top, let's have a quick comparism between Gionee and Tecno and then we can start jumping to conclusions.

Tecno pros over Gionee
- Larger screen
- Removable battery
- Cheaper + power bank

Gionee over Tecno
- Gorilla glass
- Ota update

u forgot super amoled for gionee
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LizyL: 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hello house, im planning on buying this phone very soon. Where can i get it in abuja? And for how much?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Elxandre(m): 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mod412: To my oga at the top, let's have a quick comparism between Gionee and Tecno and then we can start jumping to conclusions.

Tecno pros over Gionee
- Larger screen
- Removable battery
- Cheaper + power bank

Gionee over Tecno
- Gorilla glass
- Ota update

be fair.
the screen is very close in size.
the gionee's battery is also removable.
many people dont really care about phone design. If people care the HTC one would have sold 50million by now, but instead the S4 is selling strongly.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by s3nn2x(m): 12:06am On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: Errr................ U hav a NEXUS, as in GOOGLE NEXUS 4,
Yet u got for a Gionee E3?
*Guess i wasnt thinking aloud*
or Samsung's Nexus 1 or so
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by samsard(m): 2:02am On Jul 11, 2013
For all of you specs crazy dudes check out this specs:
9.2 ghz Snapdragon infinity processor(shey you want quatum computer?)
100gb RAM (with ability to run a 1000 apps all @ once)
Tegra 9 GPU (renders metaphysical graphics perfectly)
Divinity Super Amoled screen with 64million colours (how many you fit see sef?)
6.44" inch screen with Corning Crocodile glass 9(can survive a nuclear blast!!)
150mp camera with carl zeiss optics 4 and UFO xenon flash
OTA support till jesus comes (lets say 2000yrs)
4K display ( e pass 1280 * 1080 P display O!)
OTG & HDMI out cable support(simultaneously)
100,000 mah battery(that should last a life time on one charge)
3,000 yrs warranty (hehe)
7G ZTE with download speeds of up to 3 terabytes per split second (O boy)
comes preloaded with Android version 6.2.3 Meatpie
Plays PS4 games perfectly...pls check back for the rest of the specs

12 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by DahtDopeBoi(m): 3:02am On Jul 11, 2013
Pls guys in the house I need ur advice on which site can I download themes and games for my xperia arc s...thanks in anticipation
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by AdemolaGoc: 3:49am On Jul 11, 2013
samsard: For all of you specs crazy dudes check out this specs:

This nigga has just made my day, lmfao!

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 3:57am On Jul 11, 2013
mehn waitin d worry tecno self see GPU for 2011 on a 2013 phone. If you never buy this phone calm down.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordOrochimaru(m): 4:46am On Jul 11, 2013
First time using my charger, the usb gets stuck to the fone n spoils...thank God I ve another sha...meanwhile, the ba3 is ok sha so long as it is charged well on purchase
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by chikaotuu(m): 4:49am On Jul 11, 2013
Add me up buddy..08066553506. Cant wait to start pinging+ meeting co F9 users
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by lat4real: 4:57am On Jul 11, 2013

Tecno pros over Gionee
- Larger screen
- Removable battery
- Cheaper + power bank

Gionee over Tecno
- Gorilla glass
- Ota update

Gionee have ota update? Which phone have they updated? Ota update thingy is just effisy...

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by nellytivities(f): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2013
I'm having issues with my tecno phone. Please I need help. I bought my phone 3days ago and right from the time I put my sim into the phone my callers haven't heard me. Means It has mouthpiece issues. And also network just keeps disappearing for my mtn sim and for my airtel and etisalat sims, I don't get network at all. Please some body tell me what to do.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by alorauzoms(m): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2013

hahaha,.,
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2013
nellytivities: I'm having issues with my tecno phone. Please I need help. I bought my phone 3days ago and right from the time I put my sim into the phone my callers haven't heard me. Means It has mouthpiece issues. And also network just keeps disappearing for my mtn sim and for my airtel and etisalat sims, I don't get network at all. Please some body tell me what to do.

THAT'S Y U SHOULD GO FOR TECNO ......JUST SIMPLY TAKE IT TO CARLCARE....THEY WOULD SURELY GIVE YOU A NEW AND BETA PHONE.....AM SORRY GIONEE E3 USERS CAN'T DO THAT.....
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by AdemolaGoc: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2013
marcjoe:

THAT'S Y U SHOULD GO FOR TECNO ......JUST SIMPLY TAKE IT TO CARLCARE....THEY WOULD SURELY GIVE YOU A NEW AND BETA PHONE.....AM SORRY GIONEE E3 USERS CAN'T DO THAT.....

And you guys wud say we shud not compare. Anyways, gionee is a more reputable company and wud not come with silly faults like that. Keep waiting for phantom A+, while you save up money for that too!
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2013
marcjoe:

1 + for tecno
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2013
IF U VE ANY PROBLEM WITH YOUR TECNO F7 PHONE, OR U NEED LINK TO FULL APP AND GAMES, LAUNCHER/THEMES, AND MANY MORE JUST ADD ME ON WHATSAPP, THEN TELL ME U WANNA JOIN THE TECNO PHANTOM A GROUP....

WE GAT DELORDS(BROUGHT D STEP TO HACK DIS F7 TO NAIRALAND) IN THE HOUSE.. ..
DEEJAY_HARRY1, HENRY007, KEL FST(PRODUCER WEY SABI PHONE MATTER WELLA), TBABAFINEST, LABELLAT, ZINO, ABBEYSETO AND MANY OTHERS IN THE HOUSE...

THERE IS STILL 25MORE SPACE IN THE HOUSE.. ..
ENDEAVOUR TO DOWNLOAD DROPBOX FROM PLAYSTORE FIRST COS U TOO WOULD B SHARING LINKS IN THE HOUSE.. .if U R NOT THERE U R MISSING..
ADD ME WITH 08161145975

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Blewusi: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

Mumu 4.2.2?? When your mate are already using 4.2.3 on s4... Besides how sure are you that Samsung will update that your over rated plastic casing?? Tecno this, tecno that.... Can you even code an android app talkless of planning how to build a phone, from design to os, etc...... You are not ashamed of your stupidity
I never insulted you, so why the insult? And point of correction: S4 came with Android 4.2.2 not 4.2.3 as you said. Now who is the mumu? If you think Galaxy Grand duos will never be updated to 4.2.2 just google it and you'll see it. Now to the issue: I'm a big Tecno fan. My first Tecno phone was model 0707 (by kind courtesy of my good friend Dr. Quansah). And since then I graduated to T9, T8 and T1 which was Tecno's first Android phone. But I realised that T1 came with a lot of issues (low internal memory, low RAM etc...). There was a particular problem with the T1.The PRE-INSTALLED applications like Opera Mini, Twitter, Facebook etc.. . could NOT be UPDATED at the Android Market. I sent it to Tecno's office and they told me there was NOTHING they could do. They said I should rather buy the N3 that had just been released. Instead of Tecno fixing minor bugs that come with their phones through OTA (Over The Air) updates, they kept releasing new phones. This means any time I buy a Tecno phone and there's a problem, I have to wait for them to manufacture a new phone, instead of updating the old one. Don't forget Samsung Galaxy S2 came with Android 2.3.5 just like Tecno T1. T1 is still STUCK to that version of Android (Gingerbread) whilst Galaxy S2 has since been upgraded to Honey Comb, ICS, and now Jelly Bean 4.1.2, and Samsung promised to UPGRADE S2 to Android 4.2.2! You see my point? So I went for GALAXY GRAND DUOS and I've not regretted. Because since Galaxy Grand Duos was released in January 2013, it has received about three (3) FIRMWARE UPDATES which added more features (blocking mode and Allshare Play, a feature that was designed for Galaxy S4) and fixed some bugs (phone hanging and battery taking long to charge) And I recently did an experiment: I used my phone WITHOUT RESTARTING FOR TEN (10) DAYS (240 hours). Before those firmware updates, my phone could not go beyond 48 hours without going off. Now you see what UPDATES can do to phones. Your F7 will still be stuck to Android 4.1.2 whilst my GALAXY GRAND DUOS will be UPGRADED to 4.2.2 and beyond. If you want a Tecno phone with Android 4.2.2, unless you buy a NEW phone. If you still DOUBT whether Galaxy Grand Duos will get Android 4.2.2, check this link :
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/07/08/android-4-2-2-for-the-galaxy-grand-duos-leaked/

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by techfreak: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2013
6.44" inch screen with Corning Crocodile glass 9
OTA support till jesus comes

o boy... Best comment so far... I don laf tire sotee i come dey cry.

CUNNING Crocodile Glass 9,
"ANDROID 6.2 MEATPIE" stock 4 real,
9.2 Ghz WickedDragon CPU,
Tiger GPU VX999,
Super AmouredLED 5 display,
HD++ resolution,
very cheap

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by viazi: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2013
My Tecno is running android 9.2.2 POPCORN SYRUP

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by techfreak: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2013
www.gizchina.com/2013/02/25/top-15-1080hd-android-phones-from-china/

Gionee > Tecno

Why tecno is ahead is availability of service centers/outlets in Nigeria and already established trade and importation channel in Lagos.
Thats good marketing but because they couldnt survive/compete among other similar manufacturers/market in China, India and other Asian countries
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2013
physise: u forgot super amoled for gionee
super amoled or gorilla glass,d screen can take d two at a time.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2013
You forgot it has
Lion teeth usb port
1000krt gold body
Connect direct to satellite no need of any network provider
Eagle eye lens that can see 2000km ahead
Baby powder manufacturer
Scan any virus and delete inside and outside of the device,even on human body(HIV or anything)
Above all weighs 1g.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:20am On Jul 11, 2013
AdemolaGoc:

And you guys wud say we shud not compare. Anyways, gionee is a more reputable company and wud not come with silly faults like that. Keep waiting for phantom A+, while you save up money for that too!
Even our Nokia self do come with factory fault,but may not be common like Tecno.So what you wanna say.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by techfreak: 9:37am On Jul 11, 2013
viazi:

Waooo! So we now hav v6 and v9, what will be v7 and v8 pls?...

Rundown on d versions:
Android v1 = Astro Boy
"v1.1 = Bender
"v1.5 = Cupcake
"v1.6 = Donut
"v2.0 = Eclair
"v2.2 = Froyo
"v2.3 = Gingerbread
"v3.0 = Honeycomb
"v4.0 = Ice Cream Sandwich
"v4.1 = Jelly Bean
"v5.0 = KeyLime
"v5.2 = LemonSeed
"v6.0 = MeatPie
"v7.0 = N?
"v8.0 = O?
"v9.0 = Popcorn Syrup
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2013
physise: wat abt tecno?u go wait forever tongue
Why r u people so disturbed by this firmware issue,have u checked d change log of these firmwares,i'm sure it will be sumthing u don't need that much,besides some manufacturer put up firmware only to solve bugs in d current firmware,what if u upgrade then u started to get bug,answer me,let us be content with what we have now,at least the device is good.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by techfreak: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2013
labellat:
super amoled or gorilla glass,d screen can't take d two at a time.

Amoled and LCD ar 2 different main screen technologies thru wch pixels are made into d display u see......

While Gorilla Glass is just an outer glass dat protects d main screen mainly comes attached to Amoled. Also scratch resistance glasses, oleophobic glasses are in this last category

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by techfreak: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2013
labellat:
Why r u people so disturbed by this firmware issue,have u checked d change log of these firmwares,i'm sure it will be sumthing u don't need that much,besides some manufacturer put up firmware only to solve bugs in d current firmware,what if u upgrade then u started to get bug,answer me,let us be content with what we have now,at least the device is good.

upgrading an OS comes with bad riddance
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2013
lat4real: But tecno fans, we shouldn't follow tecno blindly or else they will be playing us as MAGA. Tecno F7 is a good device, but at the same time overpriced if you compare it with the likes of THL W100(quad core plus new chips) for just $150 or GIONEE DREAM 1 which slightly costlier, but far more powerful than F7. TECNO should have at least use new cpu/gpu on that phone then it would have been a ground breaking affordable phone.

But I must say that I'm impressed with their latest release tablet (phantom n9)... Keep the fire burning TECNO.

Say NO to OVERPRICED piece of plastic.
True,but do you know if the qualites of materials and ics,parts,and co are of more quality than those ones.We should still be happy for the price because Tecno has made me to buy d features i want in phone compared to other brands that are more expensive as new.But Tecno will fall my hand if it is getting expensive like Samsung and co. because of their increase in market demand.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2013
Why r u people so disturbed by this firmware issue?Have u checked d change log of these firmwares,i'm sure it will be sumthing u don't need that much,besides some manufacturer put up firmware only to solve bugs in d current firmware,what if u upgrade then u started to get bug,answer me.When i was using Nokia,i do a lot of upgrade,it improves the device,but sometimes i do still get bugs,let us be content with what we have now,at least the device is good.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Mikados(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2013
viazi:
Lols! Una funny pass akpors.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.