Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Tinted Glass Wahala - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinted Glass Wahala (1942 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. / Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinted Glass Wahala by chikasin4(m): 8:37pm On May 31, 2013
Please nairalanders I was stopped today at police check point and they demanded my tinted glass permit for my vehicle ( 2000 model Toyota sienna) on my way to work, I want to ask Is toyota sienna on the list of the cars with tinted glass, and if yes how do I get it, since they collect #5000 from me and release my vehicle. I was so angry since i hv all my particulas intact. Any idea pls.

Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by Fhemmmy: 8:47pm On May 31, 2013
It is not about what kinda car but about the tint glasses . . . Just get a tint permit and you will be fine, you could talk to my partner and he could help you get one . . . Nyrol on NL and his number is 0809-191-7164 - Good luck
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by lonelydora: 9:21pm On May 31, 2013
Whether your model of car is on the list or not, just get the permit to avoid long stories with policemen at checkpoint. I will give you a contact (Policeman) at Loius Edet House (Force Headquarters in Abuja).
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by Fhemmmy: 11:38pm On May 31, 2013
lonelydora: Whether your model of car is on the list or not, just get the permit to avoid long stories with policemen at checkpoint. I will give you a contact (Policeman) at Loius Edet House (Force Headquarters in Abuja).

Nice information, give us the contact, nothing bad if i have more contacts too . . . All to serve our clients better
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by chelseabmw(m): 1:37am On Jun 01, 2013
just to know please, are tinted vehicles still allowed in nigeria?
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 01, 2013
chikasin4: Please nairalanders I was stopped today at police check point and they demanded my tinted glass permit for my vehicle ( 2000 model Toyota sienna) on my way to work, I want to ask Is toyota sienna on the list of the cars with tinted glass, and if yes how do I get it, since they collect #5000 from me and release my vehicle. I was so angry since i hv all my particulas intact. Any idea pls.

That's a sharp looking specimen.
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by stchinedu: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
chikasin4:
Please nairalanders I was stopped today at police check point and they demanded my tinted glass permit for my vehicle ( 2000 model Toyota sienna) on my way to work, I want to ask Is toyota sienna on the list of the cars with tinted glass, and if yes how do I get it, since they collect #5000 from me and release my vehicle. I was so angry since i hv all my particulas intact. Any idea pls.

Sienna is on the list cos of the tinted back glass just like other SUVS. There is no cause for alarm...look for a trusted police friend to help you with the processing...you will have to present your car at the police headquarters to confirm the factory fitted glass and it is done. It's unfortunate you paid that much to the scammers that arrested you...
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by gulfer: 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Correction: This is not tinted glass but what is called privacy glass in the west, our police are just using it to milk people. Hardly will you see a van like Siena without this privacy glass. Like you've been advised, get the permit and ride your car without fear.
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by oatlala(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2015
police PPRO said tint permit is free few weeks ago.......pls how true is this statement?
Re: Tinted Glass Wahala by chucky234(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
oatlala:
police PPRO said tint permit is free few weeks ago.......pls how true is this statement?
Very true.....
But only on paper,certainly not in the real world.
Tint permit cost 10k - 20k

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ringing Of Engine / Nigeria Police Force And Vehicle Particulars / How The Izuogu Z-600 Dream Was Destroyed By Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.