Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People (14407 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 01, 2013
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has explained that he is careful in making public comments to avoid mistakes.

In an interview with Haaretz newspaper during a visit to Jerusalem, Adeboye said he had shied away from speaking out on national issues in order to avoid influencing people in the wrong way.

He also said he was aware of the enormous responsibility on his shoulders as the leader of a global church with millions of members.

“At times it’s frightening. In Africa you have a saying, the man who is carrying a basket of eggs must walk gently … whatever mistakes you make, you affect destinies,” he said.

Adeboye stated that his transformation from a Mathematics lecturer at the University of Lagos to a pastor was a divine call, noting that he has a mandate to preach peace everywhere he goes.

“I’ve always said turning a mathematician into a pastor takes only God. In my work with God, I’ve learned that he has a sense of humour,” he stated.

The pastor, who has led the RCCG for three decades, arrived for a meeting at the Dan Jerusalem Hotel, surrounded by an entourage of eight loyal aides, who treated him with the awe normally reserved for heads of state, the paper said.

Speaking on the growing global influence of African preachers, he said the seeds sowed by missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa were producing fruit.

“When you reap, after a certain period you begin to sow. Today, in many parts of the Western world, people have gone rather cold toward the church. Fortunately, the seed sowed in Africa has germinated and the harvest is now coming back to them. So, they are merely reaping what they sowed.

THE PUNCH

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by yemi2plus(m): 7:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Okay
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 01, 2013
Martin Luther King once said,
" The wickedness in our society is not because of the wickedness of the wicked people but the silence of the good ones."

***To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it.

***To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor.

***He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.

85 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by darealez(m): 7:19am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
" The wickedness in our society is not because of the wickedness of the wicked people but the silence of the good ones."

***To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor.

***He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
If he did make any comment we'll be the first to critize him. Won't it be better if he kept silent and prayed in secrecy for the improvement of the nation??

I'm not realy sure if the noisy ones has really made any positive impact since inception :-(

39 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Afam4eva(m): 7:26am On Jun 01, 2013
darealez:
If he did make any comment we'll be the first to critize him. Won't it be better if he kept silent and prayed in secrecy for the improvement of the nation??

I'm not realy sure if the noisy ones has really made any positive impact since inception :-(
I know you people must defend everything your daddy GO says. How can one keep quiet when bad things are been perpetrated by others. WHy does he preach in church and also pour out his personal opinion on church matters. Aren't people also being influenced? This is a lame excuse if you ask me.

If not for the noisy ones, we probably wouldn't have been existing as a country.

24 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by darealez(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
I know you people must defend everything your daddy GO says. How can one keep quiet when bad things are been perpetrated by others. WHy does he preach in church and also pour out his personal opinion on church matters. Aren't people also being influenced? This is a lame excuse if you ask me.

If not for the noisy ones, we probably wouldn't have been existing as a country.

Was it not said that empty barrels makes the loudest noise? ? ?? O yes, lets set daddy G.O aside, Pastor W.F Kumuyi also does not rant over issues but that doesn't mean he's silent in the place of prayers.
Get him right, any conclusion or comment he makes affect a millon and one reasoning out there!leadership.leadership.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by qualified(f): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

hm grammar. I support his views. Its better to keep quiet abt political issues. Afterall, he is a pastor not a politician. They are diff roles. The Bible has no guide for Nigerian politics, thus, where wil he preach politics from?
Oh, u wan him to impose his personal views on d millions he is leading?

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Afam4eva(m): 7:56am On Jun 01, 2013
darealez:

Was it not said that empty barrels makes the loudest noise? ? ?? O yes, lets set daddy G.O aside, Pastor W.F Kumuyi also does not rant over issues but that doesn't mean he's silent in the place of prayers.
Get him right, any conclusion or comment he makes affect a millon and one reasoning out there!leadership.leadership.
So, why does he preach at all. Shouldn't he allow people to make up their mind? This is a lame excuse for not calling out evil when he sees it. He owes that much to his congregation. I don't expect you guys to see reason anywys. Anything that concern your demi-god pastors makes you guys to reason backward. I never knew that a day will come when we'll be told that it's not advisable to speak on troubling National issues in order not to influence anyone. WTH.

12 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Tolexander: 7:57am On Jun 01, 2013
Samuel anointed Saul, and still had a message sent to him by God.

Since GEJ attended his service and laid down before him, then there are messages he should be passing across to him.

8 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 01, 2013
qualified:
hm grammar. I support his views. Its better to keep quiet abt political issues. Afterall, he is a pastor not a politician. They are diff roles. The Bible has no guide for Nigerian politics, thus, where wil he preach politics from?
Oh, u wan him to impose his personal views on d millions he is leading?

ok!

7 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

I understand you perfectly. He should emulate Tunde Bakare and join forces with an Islamic tyrant to destabilize the order and unity of the country. Thats Ok.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Afam4eva(m): 8:05am On Jun 01, 2013
J12:

I understand you perfectly. He should emulate Tunde Bakare and join forces with an Islamic tyrant to destabilize the order and unity of the country. Thats Ok.
The same way Desmond Tutu and Mmartin Luther KIng Jr did?

11 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by omiobo: 8:08am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

A man who is carrying a basket of eggs must walk gently. We all now pastor Bakare,he speaks a lot on national issues but people like you condemned him.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

WTF! He is no Martin Luther or Desmond Tutu and those times were different. Apartheid and racism were extreme cases back then. How many times have you heard from Desmond Tutu in the past few years?
Adeboye is just trying to thread wisely and carefully, in order not to cause violence and incite hatred like Bakare. That's a wise thing to do.

Mark 12:13 ¶And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to acatch him in his words. 14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Cæsar, or not? 15 Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why atempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it. 16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Cæsar’s. 17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Cæsar the things that are Cæsar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Tolexander: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
was martin luther king junior a priest?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Afam4eva(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2013
Tolexander: was martin luther king junior a priest?
Yeah, he was.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Tolexander: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yeah, he was.
martin luther king jr, civil right activist in USA.
Not Martin Luther, a German Reformer o!

Will like you to provide a link for it!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Afam4eva(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2013
Tolexander: martin luther king jr, civil right activist in USA.
Not Martin Luther, a German Reformer o!

Will like you to provide a link for it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by eagleeye2: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2013
Evil thrives when a few good men keep quiet.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by nuclearboy(m): 11:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Did Moses the Friend of God keep quiet in his day? Why was he so hated by the governments that enslaved people?

Did Elijah the Prophet keep quiet about issues in his day? If so, why was he hunted by the King?

Did John the Baptist keep quiet in the face of evil? Why was his head served on a plate like Akara?

Did Christ keep quiet about "white washed sepulchers" and the "rulers" he continually berated? Why did they haunt him onto the Cross?

We ALL know the truth - it is politically expedient to be quiet and pray for them and be upheld by men.

Friendship with the world is ENMITY with God! Even if everyone feels you are good, what should have been done cries out!!!

26 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Tolexander: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ba7man(m): 11:17am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

The lives he has positively affected with his words far outweighs any criticism he'll make against the Country's situation. He has made more impact on lives in this Country than the activists that protest everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 01, 2013
The reason for your quietude is understandable sir. Your theology does not promote liberation from the tyranny of a minority.

7 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by kingrhirhs(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2013
ba7man: The lives he has positively affected with his words far outweighs any criticism he'll make against the Country's situation. He has made more impact on lives in this Country than the activists that protest everywhere.
poor excuse from u.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by KnowAll(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2013
[size=16pt]The Mathematics came in handy at the end of the day, if a donation of $1000 dollars is levied on all parishes abroad, without mincing word, the funds raised from such mundane, casual, and normal exercise would be going to millions of dollars, without saying much Mathematics as a discipline and more importantly God has served Adeboye well.

I live in a small town in Kent, UK and we have 4 redeem churches in my Town[/size].

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
Una kno how much govt dey pay the man? do u know what he gained from obj's tenure alone? why should he speak against them and if he speaks for them, he ll lose some members of his church....so the best thing is to keep quiet.....he is indeed a mathematician but he should go and read Soyinka's 'The Man Dies'

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by qualified(f): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Get views of your own!
u js quoted me out of context. I have my views, always.
I support his views abt not getting involved in politics.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by UyiIredia(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
At least, the dude once ratified tax payment in an advert - a public comment.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by tomakint: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
J12:

I can bet, Pastor Tunde Bakare must have regretted his unholy alliance with Buhari which eventually led to the deaths of innocent lives across the northern region after they lost the elections! Pastor Adeboye is a man that has placed his ears closely to the mouth of God so that he can hear his voice!

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
Watching. Brb
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
I'm silent cos I need more jets

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ril19(m): 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
but does he attend national functions and execute national dities or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Umahi Disagrees With NASS On Sack Of Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.