Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People (14417 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Jakumo(m): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

Private jets are now a symbol of divine blessings?

Thank you Lord, for these young and willing comely wenches who are about to join the Mile High Club, in Jeeeesus name.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by alienvirus: 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Adeboye? Msheeeeeeeew. Daddy is a 419er
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
Martin Luther King once said,
" The wickedness in our society is not because of the wickedness of the wicked people but the silence of the good ones."

***To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it.

***To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor.

***He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.

Ooooppppsssss! Just keep quiet kid!

When Ayo Oritsejafor speak, you people called him a PDP puppet ans insulted his person. Now you want to same with Adeboye.

Adeboye will not speak evil of those in authority because the BIBLE tells us no to do so.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Pataki: 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
baby_123:
(((Gbosa)))

Adeboye is the worst out of his pastors when it comes to worldly possesions or aiding and abbeting corrup politicians/ prosperity sheep. Redeemed is designed in such a way to show off and praise the "cheerful givers". Nothing is said about the "sources" of such wealth. If you can't "give" or "pledge" every other sunday, omo you feel like a failure.

LOL. Not really my cup of tea. The gullible will always be milked every Sunday. I have long ago decided Redeem is the last church I will ever attend again. Was it not in the same church, a former top bank executive was a pastor and yet was an 'ogbologbo' in bank fraud. How many Nigerian lives/destinies did that bank destroy some years back.....and yet Adeboye still maintains he does not want talk about national issues?!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Jakumo(m): 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
Pataki:

LOL. Not really my cup of tea. The gullible will always be milked every Sunday. I have long ago decided Redeem is the last church I will ever attend again. Was it not in the same church, a former top bank executive was a pastor and yet was an 'ogbologbo' in bank fraud. How many Nigerian lives/destinies did that bank destroy some years back.....and yet Adeboye still maintains he does not want talk about national issues?!

Yeeeeeeparipa Sacrilege don happen o!

Anointed wey dem say make we no touch, Pataki don go slap am, gbosa !!

No no no, this one no happen. Na dream I dey dream. I say this blasphemy no happen in Jeeeeeesus name !

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by gbigbega: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, why does he preach at all. Shouldn't he allow people to make up their mind? This is a lame excuse for not calling out evil when he sees it. He owes that much to his congregation. I don't expect you guys to see reason anywys. Anything that concern your demi-god pastors makes you guys to reason backward. I never knew that a day will come when we'll be told that it's not advisable to speak on troubling National issues in order not to influence anyone. WTH.

If you have been to the Redeemed camp you will see how they pray every time for the country. Some of the prayer point states that God should remove every one who want to spoil this country, God should change the heart of our current leaders, and that God should choose for us leaders that will help the people hand not destroy them. I don't know which other support you expect from a man of God for his country. Your idea of a concerned and talking Nigerian is the one who goes on the pages of news paper to talk about issues. That is where you are mistaking; Bloggers and forum owners uses the Internet to propagate their views about Nigeria, musicians uses their songs, actors uses their films, a man of God should use prayer. If God will act, He will use is power to change Nigerian and not go to the pages of newspaper or an Internet forum.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by esperiense(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
cyril83: Religion *christianity or islam* is nothing but a big fraud.

I really thank Jah i don't belong to any of these open cults.
How many of your type exist, and out of the negligible number of yo type how many talk against what u wished daddy G.O could talk abt
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
jusRadical:

Ooooppppsssss! Just keep quiet kid!

When Ayo Oritsejafor speak, you people called him a PDP puppet ans insulted his person. Now you want to same with Adeboye.

Adeboye will not speak evil of those in authority because the BIBLE tells us no to do so.

you mean the same bible where Elijah basically tore Ahab to shreds? the same bible where Jesus called the pharisees vipers and children of the devil? We must be reading quite different bibles bro.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
gbigbega:

If you have been to the Redeemed camp you will see how they pray every time for the country. Some of the prayer point states that God should remove every one who want to spoil this country, God should change the heart of our current leaders, and that God should choose for us leaders that will help the people hand not destroy them. I don't know which other support you expect from a man of God for his country. Your idea of a concerned and talking Nigerian is the one who goes on the pages of news paper to talk about issues. That is where you are mistaking; Bloggers and forum owners uses the Internet to propagate their views about Nigeria, musicians uses their songs, actors uses their films, a man of God should use prayer. If God will act, He will use is power to change Nigerian and not go to the pages of newspaper or an Internet forum.

Samuel confronted a disobedient Saul, Nathan did the same, Jeremiah went to jail speaking against the king and evil in Israel, John the baptist lost his head for speaking truth to Herod...

Your leaders hobnob with the very same leaders who keep you in perpetual poverty... but it is ok because they dish out useless prayer points to you every sunday?

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ifihearam: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
eliadex: the young man quoting Moses, Elijah, John,Jesus etc, didnt understand the bible story atall.
Moses was sent to DELIVER the Israelites from Pharaoh, so he must talk against Pharaoh as God says. he never appear before Pharaoh with a message from God.
Elijah was sent to the Israelites and King Ahab because of their sins. he was to bring Judgement on them. even at that.time, God will sometimes send anither person, then SENS ELIJAH AT INTERVAL. he displayed God's power when he struggled against Baal's priest.
John met his untimely death when he left preaching water baptism and begin to preach politics, going against the moral of Herod. he thought Jesus would rescue him that was why he sent his disciples to him. Jesus avoided the topic.
Jesus was tempted with politics when they asked him about ceasae. he told them in order words that Politics and Gospel is different.Render unto caesae what us caesae and God what is God.
Jesus spoke against religious leaders, Pharisees, Saducees and Levites(Lawyers), he had nothing to do with the political leaders. they were under the roman goverment that tym.
the apostles had nothing to do with Politics.
they asked Jesus in Acts 1:when will u return the GOVERNMENT TO ISRAEL. he said none of his business. leave that.to God. but you will receive power when the HolyGhost shall come upon you and you will testify of HIM.
SO Pastor Adeboye is just following the examples of Jesus. period.
anything otherwise, is just your own perspective. goodbye.

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
nuclearboy: Did Moses the Friend of God keep quiet in his day? Why was he so hated by the governments that enslaved people?

Did Elijah the Prophet keep quiet about issues in his day? If so, why was he hunted by the King?

Did John the Baptist keep quiet in the face of evil? Why was his head served on a plate like Akara?

Did Christ keep quiet about "white washed sepulchers" and the "rulers" he continually berated? Why did they haunt him onto the Cross?

We ALL know the truth - it is politically expedient to be quiet and pray for them and be upheld by men.

Friendship with the world is ENMITY with God! Even if everyone feels you are good, what should have been done cries out!!!

Kid, learn to make intelligent comparison. This is the dispensation of grace and not of the law.

What were the contributions of these men if not prayers: our LORD JESUS CHRIST,apostle Paul, the 12 disciples, Timothy, Stephen, Apollos, Barnabas, etc?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ifihearam: 7:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
jimcaddy: So many people come to Nairaland to talk trash.. First of all, what does Nigerian politics have to do with religion?
Name anybody who hasn't criticized the ills of our society just for one form of selfish interest.
Pastor Adeboye prays for the country.. It is because of the prayers by him and many other true men of God that Nigeria is still standing strong today..
Do you know how many times he asks us to pray for Nigeria each time we go for Holy Ghost Nights?
People should be objective when talking, not putting personal sentiments, or having a biased mind when talking.
Whether anyone likes it or not, Pastor Adeboye is unarguably one of the most revered and respected men of God in Nigeria.

pOINT OF CORRECTION

AFRICA
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
I know you people must defend everything your daddy GO says. How can one keep quiet when bad things are been perpetrated by others. WHy does he preach in church and also pour out his personal opinion on church matters. Aren't people also being influenced? This is a lame excuse if you ask me.

If not for the noisy ones, we probably wouldn't have been existing as a country.
Pastor Bakare, Pastor Oritsejafor spoke out,yet you people found a way to nail them. What difference will Pastor Adeboye make? The man should just be smart enough this time not to allow himself to be used by desperate politicians for selfish goals. A scenario that readily comes to mind was when the clueless one,jonathanft knelt down before him as he prayed for him before 2011 presidential election. That scene still make me have a personal sentiments as regards the part he took in endorsing and inflicting the misery on Nigerians. Not long after that,he made Nigerians experience a sad new year by removing subsidies. Religious leaders will be judged by history for any mistakes whether delibrately or not.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ifihearam: 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

When did Elijah sit to break bread with Ahab?

Kid!!!
How did Jesus come in contact with zacchaeus??

Who was Zacchaeus?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ifihearam: 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

you mean the same bible where Elijah basically tore Ahab to shreds? the same bible where Jesus called the pharisees vipers and children of the devil? We must be reading quite different bibles bro.

And where in the Bible did Jesus speak ill of Caesar or pilate??

pharisees and sadduces are just the lenient folks then and not office holders kid.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by PHIPEX(m): 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
I personally can't see the difference here between what the Pharisees and the saducees accused Christ of; trying to catch Him on what he says. Christ probably refrained from speaking against the Govt of his time which could've prompted them to ask Him if the "masses" should pay tax or not; they probably wanted to know on which side He belonged. I've tried searching the scripture but yet to find where Christ took on the govt of Herod rather He focuses on criticising the religious leaders of his time. Even when he was about to be killed, He still didn't critice Herod nor the Roman govt. Paul didn't critice the govt neither did Peter, their focus was on the religious leaders because that was what they were called for. Am yet to find any preacher that hasn't condemned the attrocities of the likes of Boko Haram but if you want them to start commenting on govt policies then am sure that is very wrong. For instance, that you are successful preacher does not make you an expert in economic matters.

Can someone be specific on the "national issues" he/she expects him to comment on because as far as am concerns "national issues" are too ambigous.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by crisycent: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
Honestly, theis is a lame excuse. You either stand for something or fall for everything. You are a leader and should not shy away from letting your followers know your views on certain issues. Evil triumph when good people keep quiet. By the way how can you criticize the government when mr. President comes to you for spiritual backup? And he pays his tithes too.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by InvertedHammer: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do[say] nothing. " - Edmund Burke

//
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
ifihearam:

And where in the Bible did Jesus speak ill of Caesar or pilate??

pharisees and sadduces are just the lenient folks then and not office holders kid.

you're being deliberately dishonest. We are not requesting papa Adeboye to speak evil of anyone but to speak the TRUTH. Elijah did, Daniel did, Jeremiah did... even Paul did.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by honourabledisu: 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
until he understands that gospel is the emmancipation for the poor. until they lock all of them in prison like tunde bakare said then he will understand what the poor are going through

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
Alot of ignorant christians on this thread. Wetin konsain pastor with government matter? Jesus Christ himself said "Give to Caesar what belongs to caesar and to God what belongs to God". Adeboye is doing that, what else should he do- form a gang like Bakare or become a pseudo politician like okotie?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ginnyluv(f): 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
there should be a separation of church n state grin guys. wish other pastors can avoid political issues too.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

See, it's like you don't have touch with reality. Nigeria is a secular state, dig it! In the time of our saviour CHRIST JESUS and in the old testament, the Jews had one 'religion'. Then, there was no separation between the state and the church. Our LORD did not have encounter with political leaders except with herod and pilate (that when the Jews were about to cruxify him). Pharisees were religious leaders and not political leaders: study the Bible if at all you have one.

Presently in Nigeria, we have more than 20 religions.

Now due to satanism, you have a secular state.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by tnktosin(m): 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
eGuerrilla: The reason for your quietude is understandable sir. Your theology does not promote liberation from the tyranny of a minority.
Yeah exactly. Understandable buh doesn't help our situation much.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
J12: Alot of ignorant christians on this thread. Wetin konsain pastor with government matter? Jesus Christ himself said "Give to Caesar what belongs to caesar and to God what belongs to God". Adeboye is doing that, what else should he do- form a gang like Bakare or become a pseudo politician like okotie?

Thanks man. Tell ignorant folks that always talk rubbish on a faceless forum because the can pay N100 for 1hr in a cybercafe.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
jusRadical:

See, it's like you don't have touch with reality. Nigeria is a secular state, dig it! In the time of our saviour CHRIST JESUS and in the old testament, the Jews had one 'religion'. Then, there was no separation between the state and the church. Our LORD did not have encounter with political leaders except with herod and pilate (that when the Jews were about to cruxify him). Pharisees were religious leaders and not political leaders: study the Bible if at all you have one.

Obviously you cant reason.

First you say that in the days of Christ there was no separation between church and state. Then you claim that pharisees were religious leaders and not political leaders? Hint... in islamic states, the chief imaam is also the political head of government.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Dolemite:
And did I say he was your pastor? whoever your pastor is should be ashamed for producing YOU!! by their fruits you shall know them...and I amy not be miss morals, but thank GAWD I don't judge people by how many camry cars or private jets they have, there is more to life than material things, if churches thought that there would be less corruption in Nigeria...you're just a product of the average Nigerian church money money money HALLELUJAH!!!
OMG! You're so daft!!! What was your JAMB score Your last post shows Daftness, It shows how retarded you are.. You wrote 'I'm not scared of a child murdering imaginary god' Abeg how can someone who is imaginary to you be a murderer SMH!!! Please next year read for your JAMB jor, Biko na beg I dey beg you ooo.. And stop wasting your father's money..
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
honourable disu: until he understands that gospel is the emmancipation for the poor. until they lock all of them in prison like tunde bakare said then he will understand what the poor are going through

This why some of you are far from GOD. Emmancipate the poor from what?

Listen Toddler, the gospel of our LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST IS TO REDEEM MAN FROM SIN. HE CAME TO SEEK AND SAVE THE LOST AND NOT THE POOR.

BOTH THE RICH AND POOR, POLITICIANS, INFACT ALL MEN ARE AMONG THE LOST. HE CAME THAT WE MIGHT HAVE LIFE (ETERNAL) AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY. READ JOHN 3: 16.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by ifihearam: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
jusRadical:

This why some of you are far from GOD. Emmancipate the poor from what?

Listen Toddler, the gospel of our LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST IS TO REDEEM MAN FROM SIN. HE CAME TO SEEK AND SAVE THE LOST AND NOT THE POOR.

BOTH THE RICH AND POOR, POLITICIANS, INFACT ALL MEN ARE AMONG THE LOST. HE CAME THAT WE MIGHT HAVE LIFE (ETERNAL) AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY. READ JOHN 3: 16.

exact name
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

First you say that in the days of Christ there was no separation between church and state. Then you claim that pharisees were religious leaders and not political leaders? Hint... in islamic states, the chief imaam is also the political head of government.

It is like you can't comprehend very well.

I wrote that Nigeria IS A SECULAR STATE. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. Some countries like iran, iraq, pakistan, etc are not secular states.
America is a secular state, so also are france, britain, canada,etc.

How can you compare Nigerian with islamic state? Is she one? Now tell what is nigeria (1) islamic state, (2)christian state, (3) secular, or (4) traditional?

When a pastor, an imam, a native doctor, etc speaks in Nigeria, who will the government listen to among them.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

Go and sleep baby david.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by mbulela: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
Another problem is the role of pastors and traditional leaders; they have killed Nigerians. I cannot point to one pastor that have ever spoken and galvanised people. If pastor so and so can galvanise five million people at crusades, should it not occur to him that he can say something about what is going on? So the human right movement had had its time. There is a time for everything, that opportunity that opened was our time. It will not repeat itself because when politics came, the politicians immediately took the space. Then the politicians have discovered that being in bed with traditional rules and pastors is the most effective anti-dote to keeping the people quiet. If six or seven pastors that I know decide to shake Nigeria, there would be some difference.

If you have Tunde Bakare in many places, I think there would be some difference. But everybody is keeping quiet, all buying jets, enjoying themselves, flying around, there is no difference, they are close friends to the politicians, where do you think the revolution will come from? The revolution is always organised.

People are frozen by different emotions, most by fear. So what we need to do is to defreeze them. We have one hundred and sixty million Nigerians frozen. We need three or four people of diverse backgrounds to defreeze them, but the most powerful now is the religious leaders. They are the ones who can say to Nigerians, common, all right; we will do a, b, c, d, but they are not doing it. They are not. If we can appeal to the pastors, they should stop taking money from their congregation, and challenge government because we know what they are doing. We know it, even though I am a catholic, I know what is happening. What is happening is that the pastors have gone haywire. You know it yourselves and they are making a fortune. If the civil societies are unable to do anything, traditional rulers are unable to do anything, labour is unable and the religious societies are unable to do anything, that’s unfortunate. Revolution is not caused by one mass revolt, it is caused by those who feel aggrieved and have the power to mobilise. But if those who have the power to mobilise are themselves immobile, then we are in for big problem. In any society, ninety percent of the people are neutral, but once they are galvanised, like Martin Luther King galvanised them, they will move. The seeming peace and quiet is not to say that people are not angry, otherwise, most polls I read show that people are not feeling good about themselves.

The message is, let the pastors use the pulpit to galvanise, rather than making money.

I had to go dig out this comment from an interview Mr. Agbakoba granted the Guardian last Sunday where he was appraising our democracy after 14 years. I found the analysis very apt. While i feel the likes of the GO and and Oyedepo have failed us and Bakare is no saint as some of his comments are often crude and sensational,I wish we had more of his kind and a few more of the likes of Sam Adeyemi and Tony Rapu who are making concerted efforts to create a paradigm shift in the kind of followers that the polity produces.
In all our Religious leaders have let us down big time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan / Tinubu Was Never Denied US Visa – Orji Kalu / Jonathan Rejects Demands Of ‘new Pdp’ •

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.