Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... (1203 Views)

"Ghosting", The Now Trending Way People Break Up / Why Would People Break Up Apart Frm CHEATING??? / Good Reasons Why Some People Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Gelco(f): 2:10am On Jun 02, 2013
Is there any guaranty that the grass is gonna be green on the other side? I mean, serzly, except the guy is assaulting the lady (this i can understand) or cheating (which should be forgiven if they really love each other because there's no telling if your next will be any better *to err is human... To forgive is divine* , and i really don't see why they should be together in the first place if they don't), there's really no reason to end a relationship.

Learning how to resolve the misunderstandings is what makes the relationship stronger. The devil you know is better than the angel you do not know. I'm not tryna advice peepz to settle for less buh come on! Work on ur differences! There's no such thing as being "incompatible". And peeps before jumping into a relationship with someone, get to know each other n see if u lyk urselves enough to "date" and learn ur differences so u can curb ur excesses! No relationship is perfect. We all have our ups and downs but how we handle it is what counts. If you really love that person, u really should try and work it out. Swallow ur pride n get talking because most times each party regrets parting but no one is ready to swallow d pride and make it work. For love sake, u gotta try n give urselves a chance to make it work. Better than forever regretting n thinking about your ex. When our nails are grown, we cut d nails not d finger... So when there is misunderstanding we should try and swallow our pride and fix our relationship. The key is communication except you're not really in love with that person. Ciao!
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by SenatorJames(m): 2:33am On Jun 02, 2013
Thk u op, another reason relationship failed 2day is when spouse is expecting 2 much 4rm d partner. He is dis......he should give me dis.........he knows I need dis.... We have 2 know dat our partner is not angel or super being. Determine 2 make ur relationship work because no body else can. Lastly be prayerful and all those things dat looks impossible wil be easy
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 02, 2013
Gelco: Is there any guaranty that the grass is gonna be green on the other side? I mean, serzly, except the guy is assaulting the lady (this i can understand) or cheating (which should be forgiven if they really love each other because there's no telling if your next will be any better *to err is human... To forgive is divine* , and i really don't see why they should be together in the first place if they don't), there's really no reason to end a relationship.

Learning how to resolve the misunderstandings is what makes the relationship stronger. The devil you know is better than the angel you do not know. I'm not tryna advice peepz to settle for less buh come on! Work on ur differences! There's no such thing as being "incompatible". And peeps before jumping into a relationship with someone, get to know each other n see if u lyk urselves enough to "date" and learn ur differences so u can curb ur excesses! No relationship is perfect. We all have our ups and downs but how we handle it is what counts. If you really love that person, u really should try and work it out. Swallow ur pride n get talking because most times each party regrets parting but no one is ready to swallow d pride and make it work. For love sake, u gotta try n give urselves a chance to make it work. Better than forever regretting n thinking about your ex. When our nails are grown, we cut d nails not d finger... So when there is misunderstanding we should try and swallow our pride and fix our relationship. The key is communication except you're not really in love with that person. Ciao!

Are you really sure about the bolded?
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Dygeasy(m): 4:54am On Jun 02, 2013
Okay you've said all there is to say, what should I add?

Pretty nice. But it just doesn't work like that for everyone. Tolerance level in different people vary. There are really some issues that are so difficult to resolve and just forget about that when you see your partner, those issues come to mind. You agree don't you?

So ending of relationships is inevitable these days. Nothing can be done about it. The thing that keeps most relationships going is the S..E.x. Yeah right.
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 02, 2013
Treat me like a joke, and i'll leave you like its funny.
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by firetrap(m): 6:01am On Jun 02, 2013
Dygeasy: Okay you've said all there is to say, what should I add?

Pretty nice. But it just doesn't work like that for everyone. Tolerance level in different people vary. There are really some issues that are so difficult to resolve and just forget about that when you see your partner, those issues come to mind. You agree don't you?

So ending of relationships is inevitable these days. Nothing can be done about it. The thing that keeps most relationships going is the S..E.x. Yeah right.

there is nothing new under the sun so I don't know the so called issues that are so difficult to resolve. the thing is that like the op said, people are not ready to swallow their pride and are too lazy to put in a little effort to make their relationships work. the strongest tool in any relationship is communication and not sexxxx. you and your partner can talk away a problem but you can never fucck it away.
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Obinnau(m): 6:54am On Jun 02, 2013
One of the things I have learnt in relationships is that without communication the relationship may likely fail, gelco has said it all!
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Enegod(m): 7:00am On Jun 02, 2013
there are atimes in a relationship one has to make a strong decision and walks away...not bcoz it favours him/her but bcoz it's the right thing to do...
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Gelco(f): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2013
Dygeasy: Okay you've said all there is to say, what should I add?

I believe that's where love comes to play. What "issues" r so great dat you can't talk it over n resolve it with the one you claim to love? Is there any guaranty your next will be any better? It's not how far but how well.. There's no telling the grass will be greener on the other side so it's best you stick with what you've got, work on it n resolve your differences. Some people av gone into more than five relationship n still the "issues" have not been resolved? Like for real? Love conquer all! So if you love the person, I really don't see why you shouldn't try n resolve such "issues". N sex is not what keeps the relationship goin but love, so if that's ur reason den u're in d relationship for d wrong reason!
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Gelco(f): 10:33am On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Gelco(f): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2013
Enegod: there are atimes in a relationship one has to make a strong decision and walks away...not bcoz it favours him/her but bcoz it's the right thing to do...
Then it goes to show u don't love the person because when you really love the person, you'll not be willing to let go just like that without trying to work on it, not withstanding whatever issue.
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Gelco(f): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2013
alutacontinua:

Are you really sure about the bolded?
If u don't see urself with dat person for a long time, why give the person hope in the first place? Peeps saying dey're "incompatible" is d person a ghost or an alien? U can work it out with just anybody if you set your mind to it n there is "reciprocated" love! Love is all that matters n if u don't see urself going anywhere with dat person, there's no need fooling around with the person in the first place. Personally, if i don't see myself wanting a future with that person, I wouldn't bother venturing into it. "incompatible" is just but a word people r using to deceive themselves.
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2013
Gelco:
If u don't see urself with dat person for a long time, why give the person hope in the first place? Peeps saying dey're "incompatible" is d person a ghost or an alien? U can work it out with just anybody if you set your mind to it n there is "reciprocated" love! Love is all that matters n if u don't see urself going anywhere with dat person, there's no need fooling around with the person in the first place. Personally, if i don't see myself wanting a future with that person, I wouldn't bother venturing into it. "incompatible" is just but a word people r using to deceive themselves.

I don't agree. You're making relationships look like bondages...like you can't just leave. There are some differences that are 'irreconcilable'. Any attempt to keep loving makes you miserable. Now, what's the point of staying miserable in the name of love?
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Treat me like a joke, and i'll leave you like its funny.
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy i just learnt another new 'proverb' today cheesy thanks for the humour cheesy
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
alutacontinua:

I don't agree. You're making relationships look like bondages...like you can't just leave. There are some differences that are 'irreconcilable'. Any attempt to keep loving makes you miserable. Now, what's the point of staying miserable in the name of love?
i tire o
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by HARDDON: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
op?

what you are referring to here is people that passed through the normal palling up channel first b4 taking it a notch further.

but 99% of all relationship today, the gurls wano have the money first, while the guys wano be layed first. when the foundation is set off wrongly, the r/s cant but hit the rocks.

impatience is the bane of all. and why would you wano wait to be friends first wen others are eating it as sporadically as the money rolls? r you a learner? (worever dah means)

so, as much as your advise of working/talking it over is kul, i'd love to ask you a question: why would you wano force a man/gurl that has had his/her fill to down more? wasted efforts i must say
Re: Why Do People Break Up Relationships? Is It Reasonable? Words of advice... by Youngpo413: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
firetrap:

there is nothing new under the sun so I don't know the so called issues that are so difficult to resolve. the thing is that like the op said, people are not ready to swallow their pride and are too lazy to put in a little effort to make their relationships work. the strongest tool in any relationship is communication and not sexxxx. you and your partner can talk away a problem but you can never fucck it away.

some can fucck it away!

(1) (Reply)

Ladies...wonderin Why U Are Still Single At This Your Age? / Pls Guys Is There Anything Wrong With Washing Your Girlfriend's Undies? / A Guy Assisting A Lady With Her Bag: Unhealthy Or Kind Gesture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.