Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) (26074 Views)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 03, 2013
Amechi is simply deceived.

Time will tell that he is only a pun in the board of die hard political chess masters.
I have followed Jonathan ever since he managed Nigeria from the days of the "missing President" until now, and I have found in him a leader worthy of the Presidency.

Problem is, Nigeria is not a country but a jungle.

I can't wait for Biafra!!!

2 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by lacasa: 9:35am On Jun 03, 2013
Yuguda can go to hell

#.. Soon, all u goons will be gone frm yr public seats
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by profola2be(m): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2013
dougivilla: You need spiritual cleansing.

What hope do we have as leaders of tomorrow if we can with the wave of hand throw away or support the throw away of principles, agreements and laid down arrangements for political gains?

Please enter the nearest cele church for the required cleansing fast!
The point is,after the whole arguement of whether there should be Election or not,Yuguda,did u Vote or not?
If yes,why did u vote when u know there was a system on ground that,choosing your Chairman is through consensus Nomination?
And if you said you Yuguda didn't vote,did you walk out of the hall?
The next question is,if your annointed candidate had won through the voting System,would you have gone ahead to complain?

6 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 03, 2013
dougivilla: You need spiritual cleansing.

What hope do we have as leaders of tomorrow if we can with the wave of hand throw away or support the throw away of principles, agreements and laid down arrangements for political gains?

Please enter the nearest cele church for the required cleansing fast!
Shattap..if u are talking about agreement and integrity,then GEJ should not have contestested or even think of re-contesting the presidential election.

5 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Delafruita(m): 9:38am On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

Oga na wetin now?
Why are you spoiling the bad reputation of our able governor who is delivering democracy dividends of more taxes and tolls as Democracy Day celebration announcement for the mugus in Lagos

And the man has promised us Vision Water 2020 even though his 2nd term expires in 2015.
Original wayo man!!!
it will better if people could put the names of their governors in bold,then list his accomplishments before lampooning others

6 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by jmaine: 9:38am On Jun 03, 2013
It's time to get counted publicly cool
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by ogbeleje: 9:43am On Jun 03, 2013
Amaechi has won the election,everybody including GEJ should go nd sleep.

1 Like

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Elueme: 9:45am On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

Oga na wetin now?
Why are you spoiling the bad reputation of our able governor who is delivering democracy dividends of more taxes and tolls as Democracy Day celebration announcement for the mugus in Lagos

And the man has promised us Vision Water 2020 even though his 2nd term expires in 2015.
Original wayo man!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin . You ll be charged for intentions to murder cos you almost killed me with laughter. grin

1 Like

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by profola2be(m): 9:46am On Jun 03, 2013
noblezone: Amechi is simply deceived.

Time will tell that he is only a pun in the board of die hard political chess masters.
I have followed Jonathan ever since he managed Nigeria from the days of the "missing President" until now, and I have found in him a leader worthy of the Presidency.

A DEAD BIAFRA since 2011!!!
It died a natural death with the initiator(Odumegu Ojukwu)
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by wellmax(m): 9:52am On Jun 03, 2013
noblezone: I can't wait for Biafra!!!
Keep waiting, grin grin grin Biafra ko, Biokro ni grin grin grin
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by doctokwus: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2013
Quite unfortunate that these pple simply don't grasp d common thread in these unnecessary row:that I endorse somebody in public does not mean I am obliged to vote for him,dats d whole essence of d historical secret ballot mode of voting;dat btw wen I endorse u& d day of voting,a lot may av changed that correspondingly changed my voting pattern.D beauty of dis mode of balloting is that u accept dat u may av been backstabbed,accept d result& move on.But of course in a system where many of d governors came into office on a rigged platform,many of dem do not know what a free& fair election means& so cannot embrace d principles & intrigues of one wen dey meet it.Amaechi is far from a saint,& I wud rather not see him in d presidency in whatever capacity,but our federalism wud b enhanced if all embraced d basis of his fight,dat executive power& office shud not b a position without opposition& shudnt b incontestable

4 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by sayso: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2013
Yagudu or whatever you call yourself should shut the fu-ck up.It has been planned for Jang by GEJ to be your chairman to clear off Amaechi.Let me ask your rotten head,why did the NEF rejecting and verbally saying to GEJ that they will not support him for 2015? I know you are also from the North,Oya answer that one?
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by ojofu(m): 10:13am On Jun 03, 2013
We are dip shit in this country. Imagine, 35 men could not conduct a simple free and fair election? I weep for my country. Prof Jega, i hail thee, 160million people no be beans.

2 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2013
Did Yuguda voted at gun point or what exactly was he agrieved with? Election is the only fair option when members of a group have divergent views on an issue.
If gentleman agreement were legal, Goodluck shouldn't be the president of Nigeria after the demise of Ya'dura.

1 Like

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Suljosh: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2013
idumuose: When a man slaps his wife,they say it is Jonathan that
Caused it.when a woman has coughs,they say its
Jonathan that instigated it.This is a Governor
From the north speaking.were he a Governor from
D SE or SS they wil say it was Jonathan who sent
Him.Aliyu Babangida is a 5th columnist in PDP.
He should b monitored.
yes! Babangida Aliyu is my Governor, and comes 2015 we are dunping PDP. Plans are already on ground so many governor are leaving PDP for GEJ and he's so called cabals. We will disgrace GEJ comes 2015 by God's grace through every possible means, and if we can't do it through ballot then through Revolution.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by TechyGuy: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2013
yuzedo: I can solve they problem. This govnors should call me on my tellyfone or dey can came four meeting in side my Banana Ice land enclave. All will be well, i will meditate in dis issue. They are all my guy! Is me dat put all of dem in office so no figthing bois. smiley

In the midst of the anger and bitterness, you seem to chip in fun. Thanks pal, We need it sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Suljosh: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2013
Suljosh: yes! Babangida Aliyu is my Governor, and comes 2015 we are dumping PDP. Plans are already on ground so many governor are leaving PDP for GEJ and he's so called cabals. We will disgrace GEJ comes 2015 by God's grace through every possible means, and if we can't do it through ballot then through Revolution.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 03, 2013
Frank-C:
You see, Fashola was a member of a committe that produced a draft constitution that encoded a kind of North-South tenure shift for NGF. The same Fashola has gone to court to challenge the emmergence of a Northern candidate against his own proposal.

Fashola was the head of NGF committee that produced the report that urged FG to remove fuel subsidy. Fashola started speaking 'turenshi' when the subsidy was eventually removed.

Fashola was a member of NGF committee that approved good government tour of States in collaboration with Ministry of Information. The same Fashola does what he knows best when the GGF started and he noticed that the rightful owners of projects will presnt them to the elecorate.

Being an administrator is one thing. Having character is another. Fashola does not have character. Not even one bit.

I understand where you are coming from @Frank-C.
But even you must realise that by agreeing to elections as far back as February, the 'gentleman agreement' was effectively declared null and void.

What is more, is it not a tad hypocritical for you to draw attention to this unwritten clause when you see no reason why GEJ should not jettison his 'one-term agreement' with the North?

According to the sources, the Constitution of the NGF which was produced in 2008-09 by a committee chaired by then Kaduna State Governor Namadi Sambo provided that the chairman will serve for two years and also that the post will rotate between North and South. Other members of the committee that drafted the constitution included Babatunde Fashola and Gabriel Suswam. Sometime last year however, the sources said, forum chairman Governor Rotimi Amaechi circulated copies of a new constitution for the forum which expunged the rotation principle. This new document, the sources said, was never debated let alone adopted as the forum’s constitution.

In February this year, Northern governors had a meeting where they noted that Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s term will end in April and that it will be their turn to produce a successor. Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State then indicated his interest to vie for the position.

A month later, a meeting was held at the residence of Benue State Governor Gabriel Suswam in Abuja to review the Northern Governors’ preparations for the upcoming election.
At that meeting, Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido and his Kano State counterpart Rabi’u Kwankwaso said even though Shema had indicated his interest to contest, he should not be fielded because he is arrogant. Adamawa State governor Murtala Nyako added that Shema also does not honour invitations to attend other people’s occasions and so should not be fielded.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2013
noblezone: Amechi is simply deceived.

u will wait till eternity
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by TechyGuy: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2013
lacasa: Yuguda can go to hell

#.. Soon, all u goons will be gone frm yr public seats

And be replaced by Ayatollah Bin Buhari? Right?
So tell us what is happening in NASARAWA STATE where Buhari and his party holds sway.

3 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by kenlash1(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2013
I guess ppl don't read before dey type, he just said dere was a betrayal meaning that amaechi actually won. Cos some of dem voted against dia consensus candidate, and he is also a suspect cos any of d 19 nothern govs could ve voted against jang , meaning amaechi won fair nd square , den y ll jang lose an election nd wld stl want to declare himself winner?, I guess dts d normal trend in pdp ("imposition) smh .

3 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by safejourney: 10:35am On Jun 03, 2013
Why did he vote that day, when he believe in agreement

Amaechi contest for election and he won. why are you complaining now? assuming their candidate JANG had won, would this be an issue?

Let me tell you our democracy believe in election not agreement.

AMAECHI 19 scores - JANG 16 scores.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2013
Can somebody tell Gov. Yuguda that NGF is not the same as PDP Governor's forum. If they had a PDP concensus candidate for the position, in the person of Jonah Jang, that was clearly a PDP affair. The NGF is made up of governors from other parties, so when they went for the elections, the opposition governors had the right to disagree with their choice candidate becos they were not part of the concensus arrangement, and so they voted for Amaechi whom they preferred. If it were an entirely PDP affair, Jang would have carried the day. (2). The fact that elections were not held in the past for the position of NGF chairman does not mean that the concensus arrangement was proper or democratic in a forum consisting of different parties and that somebody someday will not ask for that old order to change. So what happened was a change from the old system to a new one, which provided a platform for every member to exercise his fundamental right of voting which they did and in so doing elected Amaechi. For me, there was a valid election where all 35 of the governors cast a vote which turned out to favour Amaechi, so they should accept the result and recognise Amaechi as their forum's Chairman. Truth is they never thought that some of their 19 concensus signatories will dump them at the ballot, so when some of them reneged and voted Amaechi, it was clear they had lost. Enough of the crocodile tears.

4 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by ogele: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem: This man is talking rubbish. The question is did he vote or not? If he had issues with Amaechi contesting, why then did he have to vote? Why did him and his cohorts simply just walked out when they felt it will be an injustice if Ameachi was allowed to run? Besides, if their candidate had won, would this be an issue?
O yes, u guys had a consensus candidate in Jang however on getting to the election venues, the governors felt that Amaechi was a better and eefective candidate that the miserable Jang and they had no choice but to vote him.
I wonder why this is so difficult to grasp.
God bless Isa Yuguda and may the traitor Babangida Aliyu never go unpurnished. Amaechi is a clown.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by bashydemy(m): 10:36am On Jun 03, 2013
Hmmmm GEJ did not know what he is getting his hand in, He think he can trust the Northern Governor to secure a second term ticket? Hell no they have there own plan and till them they will turn there back on him and he will realise how good it would have been to trust Ameachi than jang
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by ebukaOtika(m): 10:37am On Jun 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Breeze don blow.....,,,,
WE DON SEE FOWL Pu**y.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 03, 2013
Okon ikott: Can somebody tell Gov. Yuguda that NGF is not the same as PDP Governor's forum. If they had a PDP concensus candidate for the position, in the person of Jonah Jang, that was clearly a PDP affair. The NGF is made up of governors from other parties, so when they went for the elections, the opposition governors had the right to disagree with their choice candidate becos they were not part of the concensus arrangement, and so they voted for Amaechi whom they preferred. If it were an entirely PDP affair, Jang would have carried the day. (2). The fact that elections were not held in the past for the position of NGF chairman does not mean that the concensus arrangement was proper or democratic in a forum consisting of different parties and that somebody someday will not ask for that old order to change. So what happened was a change from the old system to a new one, which provided a platform for every member to exercise his fundamental right of voting which they did and in so doing elected Amaechi. For me, there was a valid election where all 35 of the governors cast a vote which turned out to favour Amaechi, so they should accept the result and recognise Amaechi as their forum's Chairman. Truth is they never thought that some of their 19 concensus signatories will dump them at the ballot, so when some of them reneged and voted Amaechi, it was clear they had lost. Enough of the crocodile tears.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 03, 2013
Okon ikott: Can somebody tell Gov. Yuguda that NGF is not the same as PDP Governor's forum. If they had a PDP concensus candidate for the position, in the person of Jonah Jang, that was clearly a PDP affair. The NGF is made up of governors from other parties, so when they went for the elections, the opposition governors had the right to disagree with their choice candidate becos they were not part of the concensus arrangement, and so they voted for Amaechi whom they preferred. If it were an entirely PDP affair, Jang would have carried the day. (2). The fact that elections were not held in the past for the position of NGF chairman does not mean that the concensus arrangement was proper or democratic in a forum consisting of different parties and that somebody someday will not ask for that old order to change. So what happened was a change from the old system to a new one, which provided a platform for every member to exercise his fundamental right of voting which they did and in so doing elected Amaechi. For me, there was a valid election where all 35 of the governors cast a vote which turned out to favour Amaechi, so they should accept the result and recognise Amaechi as their forum's Chairman. Truth is they never thought that some of their 19 concensus signatories will dump them at the ballot, so when some of them reneged and voted Amaechi, it was clear they had lost. Enough of the crocodile tears.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Arraigned In Court, Granted Bail / "Recession Ends When Nigerians Can Eat 3 Times Daily" - Atiku Abubakar / Enugu Airport Opening: Ugwuanyi Hosts Hadi Sirika And Authur Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.