Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Making Up Your Cv - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Making Up Your Cv (1558 Views)

Adeboye Making Up Prophecies / Making Up And The Use Of Cosmetics Is it a Sin??? / Lying On Your CV As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Up Your Cv by EbonymanUK: 5:13pm On May 17, 2006
Born again Christian

Is it OK to lie on your CV, i.e make up experiences you don't have to get a job
If not why wouldn't you
And if you will, isn't it again your believe ?
Re: Making Up Your Cv by kimba(m): 5:20pm On May 17, 2006
which kinda experiences are you talking about? Spiritual experiences of Professional work experiences.
Re: Making Up Your Cv by EbonymanUK: 5:22pm On May 17, 2006
LOl

Of course professional experince LOL
Re: Making Up Your Cv by kimba(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2006
@ebonyman
why did you lol,

don't people tell lies to get into the spiritual work force?

Anyway, as a born again Christian, which you claim, No, i do not advice you to lie about your professional experience. If you are a fresh grad looking for work, and all the work adverts shout "3-5 year work experience", and oh, its so painful because you'll be thinking, "ive not even gotten "1-month experience", you are talking of 5yrs!!!, If you tell lies on your CV and your to-be employers find out the interview, well, ure screwed. If they employ you and find out later, still you are screwed. If you escape the eye of the needle, youve sinned against God and yourself, and repentance is not just sorry God, u would have to go back to your employers and say, sorry, boss, ive got no experience, then ull be given the boot(which would be more painful after you have gotten the job). sad sad sad

If youve got no work experience, emphasize your academic qualifications, your skills, past achievements, industry-needed strengths and "what you can contribute" to the company, ofcourse, meaning youve gotta have done your homework to know what the company is all about etc, , on your cv.

Your getting an interview(in the first place) is definitely how you write/what you detail on your CV. Then the other major part is during the interview, how you present yourself, you should be confident. I could help you with a heavy CV. give me a shout in my mailbox(check ma profile)
Re: Making Up Your Cv by EbonymanUK: 5:43pm On May 17, 2006
@ Kimba

Thanks very much.
And no , I didn't lie on my CV. I don't have to, I have more than enough experience.

I just threw the question out. Thanks for your help any way.
Re: Making Up Your Cv by goldenterp(f): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
kimba:

@ebonyman
why did you lol,

i thought that was very funny
kimba:

which kinda experiences are you talking about? Spiritual experiences of Professional work experiences.

i cann't stop laughing!
Re: Making Up Your Cv by Image123(m): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
What would a man give in exchange for his soul?
Re: Making Up Your Cv by DRPYGRU: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
kimba: @ebonyman
why did you lol,

Anyway, as a born again Christian, which you claim, No, i do not advice you to lie about your professional experience. If you are a fresh grad looking for work, and all the work adverts shout "3-5 year work experience", and oh, its so painful because you'll be thinking, "ive not even gotten "1-month experience", you are talking of 5yrs!!!, If you tell lies on your CV and your to-be employers find out the interview, well, ure screwed. If they employ you and find out later, still you are screwed. If you escape the eye of the needle, youve sinned against God and yourself, and repentance is not just sorry God, u would have to go back to your employers and say, sorry, boss, ive got no experience, then ull be given the boot(which would be more painful after you have gotten the job). sad sad sad

If youve got no work experience, emphasize your academic qualifications, your skills, past achievements, industry-needed strengths and "what you can contribute" to the company, ofcourse, meaning youve gotta have done your homework to know what the company is all about etc, , on your cv.

Your getting an interview(in the first place) is definitely how you write/what you detail on your CV. Then the other major part is during the interview, how you present yourself, you should be confident. I could help you with a heavy CV. give me a shout in my mailbox(check ma profile)
Well said!
Re: Making Up Your Cv by Alwaystrue(f): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
@OP you have got nice answers from other posters but the main answer is in your question? 'Is it ok to LIE...?' I hope you realise lying can be verbal and written. lipsrsealed
So NO, it is not OK to Lie...

(1) (Reply)

Wanted! God Dead or Alive / The Healing Power Of Jesus Christ: Watch The Videos / Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.