Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (21259 Views)

How Many Times Must One Play 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Online Game Is Cool / 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by esteriwa: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2013
I was watching it before nepa did their thing. Congrat o jare.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by diztecnigeria: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2013
Bleep U:

you carry luck for ending well
cool
Bleep U:

you carry luck for ending well
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2013
congrats to the boy. His mother nearly had a heart attack during the question that won him the one million naira. Thanks also to the kid's geography teacher who answered the question
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2013
I watched d isshh! He was freak'n lucky! Cos after deciding to walk away, he was asked to attempt d N2m worth next question "who is the villian in d movie Treasure island?" And he got it wrong! Jack sparrow.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Akieagle: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2013
Dat mine little cousin, thumbs up joshua dear
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Jayjayjide(m): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2013
I beg use dat money wisely.cuz economic status in 9ja now is vr bad.Congratulation u r now a Millionair
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by dadd2(m): 11:01am On Jun 04, 2013
Not taking away anything from the boy, i think frank helped him out once on a maths question and he failed a question that was adjudged to be correct when he was asked the location of mexico he said it was in south America instead of North America though he used a lifeline to answer that question. Honestly, I'm not a kill joy but just want the programme organizer to take note of that error. Infact, i watched the programme with my two sons aged 8 and 10 years old respectively, they thought i goofed when i told them that Mexico is in North America. I had to get them a ball world map before i could convince them that Mexico is actually in North America.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by orgasticdance: 11:02am On Jun 04, 2013
Don Carlos: I watched the prog. The boy obviously is good but one revelation from what I saw is that the reading culture is almost dead in this country. The question on Treasure Island which he missed could have been answered by any Class 3 student of King's college of the 80s' because that book was any student's companion back then. Video games as the boy revealed is the in-thing these days, not his fault though but a wake-up call to parents and handlers.
Again, I will like to see more corporate organisations organise intellectually competitive programmes such as this more often. That is one way to raise the standard and encourage research among our kids and help parents keep their eyes on the ball, who would not like to be in Joshua's mum shoes. Kudos to you Joshua.
Unfortunately it's not their job. Corp organizations can only do so much. When i was in school i won a national award sponsored by a corporate and i wud tell u that i won it because of the motivation i got at home to study read and work hard for myself not because there was a competetion out there to win. I agree that these kind of programs can foster compettion among children but where the work still has to be done is at our homes and schools. These programs only reflect the quality of education we have, they can't improve it.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by stineb1: 11:15am On Jun 04, 2013
kponke denge: No big deal I won 30million last month.
Jealousy like you.You think we don't know that your I'll gotten winning came from Tinubu and Atiku?
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Davedavy: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
dadd2: Not taking away anything from the boy, i think frank helped him out once on a maths question and he failed a question that was adjudged to be correct when he was asked the location of mexico he said it was in south America instead of North America though he used a lifeline to answer that question. Honestly, I'm not a kill joy but just want the programme organizer to take note of that error. Infact, i watched the programme with my two sons aged 8 and 10 years old respectively, they thought i goofed when i told them that Mexico is in North America. I had to get them a ball world map before i could convince them that Mexico is actually in North America.

The question was “Mexico is located on which side of The United States of America?” The correct answer is South, the boy got it right.
Although Mexico is in North America. It is bordered on the north by the United States, meaning it is in the south using United States of America as a point of reference.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by k4kenny(f): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
The boy was not only intelligent, but also smart enough to take Frank's hint when he missed the pi question. That was the mistake the other kid made. He was practically dished the answer to d capital of Brazil on a sliver platter, but ITK dey worry am. He sadly left with only 20,000.
Am happy for him. 1 million would pay for his tuition in KC for d rest of his stay and also buy s 'small' blackberry he wants grin
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by k4kenny(f): 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
dadd2: Not taking away anything from the boy, i think frank helped him out once on a maths question and he failed a question that was adjudged to be correct when he was asked the location of mexico he said it was in south America instead of North America though he used a lifeline to answer that question. Honestly, I'm not a kill joy but just want the programme organizer to take note of that error. Infact, i watched the programme with my two sons aged 8 and 10 years old respectively, they thought i goofed when i told them that Mexico is in North America. I had to get them a ball world map before i could convince them that Mexico is actually in North America.

Actually, mexico is in north America, but the question was ' on which side of d american border'. The answer is south of d border. Good thing the kid was smart enough to call his geography teacher. One of the best 'phone a friend' I've ever seen in d show.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by kemmyangel(f): 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
yeah dat my boy am proud of him and his parents, Ajayi Joshua and dat his real age oooo, no addition no subtraction ok......hmmmmm dont worry watch out for Bisoye Ajayi soon............his princess......
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by rezzy: 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2013

I tot as much. Let me browse it out.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
kponke denge: No big deal I won 30million last month.
Na so.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
Aro Okigbo: Thought "Who wants to be a millionaire" is for 18+

congrats upcoming genius!!
Yea.....bt its a special edition 4 children.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
TriPorth: What do you mean by genius? The boy is an example of how not to train a child. Frank himself was frown to how his parents have been training him as the boy revealed things to Frank. He openly advice his parents on the set and said " I will like to have words with your parents". He was only fortunate to get the price, just a luck. My almost 8 years old daughter watched the show with me and got all the questions the boy was asked including the one he missed. What is genius in that, well I don't see my daughter as a genius but gifted. The boy is 13 years old and he was expected not to miss the question that sent him off.
your 8 y/o daughter got the PI R square question as well? Wtf shocked
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by mayor101(m): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
J12: Are you sure that boy is 13 or is that his football age?
He's my brother, so that's his real age
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by TriPorth: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
Horladortune: your 8 y/o daughter got the PI R square question as well? Wtf shocked
The issue with us in this part of the world is not us, but the system that runs us. If one has not achieved a feat, one thinks it is a rocket science. No one is blowing a trumpet here. The issue is our education system and quality of a society we build. The reason we have the kind of leaders that lead us. All that the particular episode of the show depicts is the quality of teachers and the kind of parents, and the resultant effect on the child. I never said 8 years old but a little less than 8 years.
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Theblessed(f): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
[size=16pt]But what happened to respecting age limits in this country?

Or has the presenters of this programme, gone barmey in allowing a child to participate on an adult programme as this - what a con
[/size]
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
Theblessed: [size=16pt]But what happened to respecting age limits in this country?

Or has the presenters of this programme, gone barmey in allowing a child to participate on an adult programme as this - what a con
[/size]

Are you dumb or what?
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Jehovahoverdo: 10:20am On Jun 05, 2013
Please does someone who scored 186 in 2013 UTME and chose IMSU as 2nd choice have a chance to be admitted this year to study mass comm.and when is the post-UME coming up?
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Chinaimporter: 11:08am On Jun 08, 2013
Jehovahoverdo: Please does someone who scored 186 in 2013 UTME and chose IMSU as 2nd choice have a chance to be admitted this year to study mass comm.and when is the post-UME coming up?

No...never especially one that dont know when or where to ask questions...
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by VillageBoi(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2013

You're not a killjoy but with all honesty you're definitely not even intelligent enough to understand a very, very simple question.

Anyway shaa... that last question na proof say 'our' kids of today are sadly dumb!
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by VillageBoi(m): 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
TriPorth: What do you mean by genius? The boy is an example of how not to train a child. Frank himself was frown to how his parents have been training him as the boy revealed things to Frank. He openly advice his parents on the set and said " I will like to have words with your parents". He was only fortunate to get the price, just a luck. My almost 8 years old daughter watched the show with me and got all the questions the boy was asked including the one he missed. What is genius in that, well I don't see my daughter as a genius but gifted. The boy is 13 years old and he was expected not to miss the question that sent him off.

apocalypse: Do people really know who and what a genius is ? In my estimation the boy is only smart , he might not even be brillant

True that people. Even for a 13yr old those questions are actually ridiculously easy!

To the rest of the NL 'hailers' sorry to be a killjoy. FACT: Education in Nigeria 'now' totally sucks!
Re: 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by lorddeni: 12:38am On Nov 28, 2013
Hello Guys,

If you've always wanted to go for the hotseat but you have not been able to make it happen, then luck's on your side now.
I am Olaolu Adeniran and I became the youngest to cross the ₦1 Million on the hotseat of the main game show- not the children's edition or the 'Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire?' edition, in 2011.

And I didn't stop at a million, as I actually walked away with a whooping ₦2 Million at 23 in 2011. Having noticed how many people get stuck on the hotseat chase or even screw up the once-in-a lifetime chance on the hotseat itself, I have decided to put together all my experiences in going from being a huge fan from my couch to setting a record on the fabled hotseat all so you can also make your dream come true.

If you're truly interested in the hotseat, then please go right away to:

http://millionairetori.com

You will never regret doing so.

to your hotseat success.

laolu
laolu@millionairetori.com

PS: For the cynics, if the pics are not enough, you can actually view my full performance on the hotseat at:

youtube.com/millionairetori

Cheers People!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download My Flatmates Season One (1) All Episode / Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee / If You Had To Be Trapped In A TV Show For A Month, Which Would You Choose?

Viewing this topic: Bayofa(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.