Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,273 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager (20034 Views)

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager / Rafael Benitez To Be Appointed As Chelsea New Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by fortuneprince(m): 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mourinho, 50, replaces Rafael Benitez after leaving Real Madrid, and has signed a four-year contract.

Mourinho won two consecutive Premier League titles during his first spell at Chelsea, which ended in September 2007.

Chief executive Ron Gourlay said: "He was and remains a hugely popular figure at the club and everyone here looks forward to working with him again."

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22574810
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
He will most likely fail @ Chelsea - A victim of his own hype

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Okijajuju: 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
I doubt he will last an entire season.

10 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by oloriooko(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
i love him personally buy foresee a very rough and unsuccessful short stay at the bridge
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
Best news this year!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by acaolly1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
Babalawo amoye (Future Predictor) you be GOD?

Lets folds our arms and let him do what he knows how to do best.

Stop criticizing and predicting what you dont know...

9 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by ACM10: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
jackbauersballs: He will most likely fail @ Chelsea - A victim of his own hype

We will fold our arms.
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2013

HOW CAN U TELL THE END FROM THE BEGINING..U BE GOD..........

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by zolajpower: 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
and what about the mass attacking and mass defence inculcated already into the Chelsea team by Raf benitez? the man has come to change pattern again,i hope they will succeed anyway
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
José Mourinho confirmed as Chelsea manager … for a second time

José Mourinho has been appointed Chelsea manager for the second time after signing a four-year contract with the club. Mourinho, reunited with the club he professes "to love", completed the formalities of his protracted move after flying into London on Monday following his final game in charge of Real Madrid at the Bernabéu at the weekend, and will be officially introduced by the club next Monday.

The Portuguese first arrived Stamford Bridge in June 2004 and led Chelsea to successive Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006 but he left the club in 2007 after three hugely successful years – with a win ratio of 71% – following the breakdown in his relationship with the club's owner, Roman Abramovich.

Mourinho brings with him the assistant coaches Rui Faria, Silvino Louro and José Morais, with the current coaching staff members Steve Holland, Christophe Lollichon and Chris Jones remaining in place.

A club statement said: "Chelsea football club is delighted to announce the appointment of José Mourinho as first-team manager. Mourinho has signed a four-year contract and will return to the club where he won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and two League Cups between 2004 and 2007."

The club's chief executive, Ron Gourlay, added: "I am delighted to welcome José back to Chelsea. His continued success, drive and ambition made him the outstanding candidate.

"It is our aim to keep the club moving forward to achieve greater success in the future and José is our number one choice as we believe he is the right manager to do just that. He was and remains a hugely popular figure at the club and everyone here looks forward to working with him again."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/03/jose-mourinho-confirmed-chelsea-manager
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Oyenibi: 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hahaha passin by
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by misterh(m): 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Moyes- Man Utd
Mourinho- Chelsea
Pellegrini- Man City.
What more can i ask for in the new season?! Let the games begin. It's the beginning of a new era, people. Welcome back, Mourinho...... United till the devil repents! cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by xtrafly(m): 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Glory Glory Manchester United grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by SamConquer(m): 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Immediately I saw the News On Goal.com,I rush to wikipaedia and guess what?His profile in wikipaedia,now read ''Current Chelsea Manager''that sound like Music to my Ears... Jose Mourinho the Son Of Felix Mourinho,welcome back to Your Home,This is where You belong...I Just Pity Laliga, Cause it was Mourinho that added 'Flavour' to that ''2 Horse race dull league''and made people had time to watch Laliga games...The English press will be Celebrating Cause the Man who made them Sell Is Back...Mourinho Is Backkkk, Haters Jump into the Lagoon or somersault on top concrete,Mourinho Is Back...Welcome Back Sir...***Open bottle of Champagne and henessy and lit my Expensive Cuban Cigar***

36 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Suljosh: 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
just because all your life u've been a failure, don't mean others will fail too.

11 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by towsyne: 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
i dont fink chelsea need dis guy benitez did a great job while he was with chelsea i juz hope dey wont regret dere decision sha 1st page finz
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
DEAD ON ARRIVAL. RELEGATION AWAITS CHELSEA
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by ebereone: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Thnk God he is back and I knw God will back him up and he will succeed

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by yuzedo: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
So my grate forma nebor at Chellsea is back to d town? Mayb I need to park back to my knightbrige manor so we can carch cruse agaen. smiley I hope my banana island poeple won't mis me. sad

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by imperiouxx(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
His final stop over in Chelsea bus stop. Once he fuccked up, he won't be accepted back. Moreover, Man U and Man city are different from how he left them some years back.
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Gracias jose morinho u r highly welcome frm chelsea fans club Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Originakalokalo(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
He left madrid this season without any trophy.

It takes more to earn the title 'special one'

he is 'over hyped'.

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by jplux: 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
dvdon: Gracias jose morinho u r highly welcome frm chelsea fans club Nigeria.
Gbam!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by autumnflower(f): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
Personally, its a very wrong choice.
Jupp Heynckes would have been the perfect choice, but its unfortunate he's retiring..

Jurgen Klopp is another good choice.
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by DukeNija(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
ebereone: Thnk God he is back and I knw God will back him up and he will succeed
Like Seriously?
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Inoknowbook: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
fortuneprince: Mourinho, 50, replaces Rafael Benitez after leaving Real Madrid, and has signed a four-year contract.

Mourinho won two consecutive Premier League titles during his first spell at Chelsea, which ended in September 2007.

Chief executive Ron Gourlay said: "He was and remains a hugely popular figure at the club and everyone here looks forward to working with him again."

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22574810

Mikel now has his work cut out for him. He has to work extra hard now to keep a shirt, as Mourinho will, definitely, come back with Essien, and may likely prefer him to Mikel.
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by ACM10: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
Chelsea is the only club that guarantees trophy every season. He can not fail us, rather he will enrich our trophy cabinet.

7 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by RedLight1: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Welcome home cool
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by texaco1: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
cry
i dont think mou has anything to offer again at chelsea,i forsee an average performance for him in the next season and trust abrhamnovich he will start looking for another coach by the second year,
rafa was a good coach and so also was avb ,the lack of continuity is the problem of chelsea

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Super1759: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
EPL, FA CUP, CARLING CUp. UEFA, SUPER CUP. COMMUNITY CUP....
Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Ty207: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
mehn i just have to go back to Chelsea and leave this lowlife club with dic**k head fans/stadium name withheld -smiley grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Adufaye(m): 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
I neva c weitin dis man dy coach/manage.......over hype

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Arsenal (1 - 3) On 26th January 2021 / Juventus Vs Bayer Leverkusen : UCL (3 - 0) On 1st October 2019 / Chelsea Vs Huddersfield Town (1 - 1) On 9th May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.