Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

What Has Your Governor Done For Your State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Your Governor Done For Your State (1480 Views)

Rate & Review Your Governor / Mid-Year Assessment: Rate Your Governor And The FG / What Is Your Governor Known For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Your Governor Done For Your State by raldsfield(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2006
Well am from Anambra state and when i was in Nigeria The governor was Nigie.
He was able to construct some roads, which I think was remarkable. Although they where not built for heavy vehicles thus some of them are already in bad shape.

Peter Obi is the Governor now, and I haven't heard anything, does someone have an idea what is happening .
Re: What Has Your Governor Done For Your State by omoge(f): 5:02pm On May 18, 2006
my state EDO, the governor has done nothing but create more crooks

my adopted state OYO, racking my head ooooo ummm more thugs and power from adedibu
what else? nothing that i can see
Re: What Has Your Governor Done For Your State by Crownvilla(m): 9:41pm On May 18, 2006
I'm from Oshun State, the governor is Oyinlola. Well, what can I say?

I spent a month in Oshogbo, the state capital last year. Water is rationed in the state capital, a few hours on a particular day in the week. My area was supposed to get water on Tuesdays. The first two weeks were fine, as water was supplied on the allotted Tuesday.

So on Tuesday, we would fill every last container with water. We also had a well at the backyard, so we could just about make it to the following Tuesday. However, on week 3 and 4 no water! To make matters worse, the wells had dried up, as everyone in the building had to rely on the wells and it was the dry season. After a while, you could only get muddy water from the wells. Beleive you me, it was not funny!

During this same period, a muslim uncle recounted his experience when he attempted to perform the Hajj pilgrimage. Apparently, people from Oshun state were asked to report to some camp before boarding their flights. Everyone had a number, but when it came to his number, in Nyjer style they disrupted the whole thing. He spent days in the camp and was virtually on the same spot/seat as any attempt to leave could make him effectively lose his turn. To cut a long story short, the place was a dump, no toilets etc. After a few days, the governor Oyinlola turned up. Some people including some piligrims who had been going thru the same plight as my uncle, started hailing the governor. Oyin ni o, which is the governors campaign chant. (roughly meaning 'It is honey' It is honey', the governors surname roughly translates to 'honey is wealth'). Anyways, the Gov acknowledged the cheers and within minutes had disappeared with his entourage. I can't really remember if he left to catch his flight to Mecca. After spending days in the camp and stinking the place out like a skunk, my uncle couldn't stand it any longer so he left. He forfeited any right to compensation as they were told blatantly that 'if you leave you will not get any refund or compensation'.

Imagine my surprise when a few weeks ago, I was watching BEN TV and the selfsame Gov Oyinlola won an award as being one of the best governors in Nigeria. This same governor that was invoved in the VI or was it Ikoyi propery sale that OBJ cancelled last year. In his defence, Oyinlola stated he got the money to buy the property from a bank loan. For crying out loud, he is a retired army Colonel! Some of my school mates are Colonels in the army and I know how much they earn. He was once Military governor of Lagos state so that might explain his source of wealth.

Now, if you can't provide tap water in the state capital, I really wonder. Reminds me of Orji Kalu; he wants to be president, yet Aba his state capital is the dirtiest city in Nigeria as voted by NAIRALAND members! May God help Nigeria!!
Re: What Has Your Governor Done For Your State by kshow1(m): 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2009
He is busy stealing from the states coffers
Re: What Has Your Governor Done For Your State by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2009
Nothing + Nothing = Nothing.
They are all $hit heads.

(1) (Reply)

Another Military Regime? / What Would You Do If White People Start Talking Shit To You And Your Friend? / Bush Nightmare?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.